Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Tuesdays are getting better, but they're still just not the same. RIP, Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Hey, it's a job opening at Giant Bomb/Gamespot!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, it sucks a ton that RyanD's fallen so far behind so close to the end. If you want to keep track, here's the donation war for RyanD (and the one for 2poch for that matter)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

:(

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

flatluigi posted:

Yeah, it sucks a ton that RyanD's fallen so far behind so close to the end. If you want to keep track, here's the donation war for RyanD (and the one for 2poch for that matter)
RyanD caught up but it's still really really close! Here's hoping.

e: beaten

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

:unsmith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kasonic posted:

I always wanted to check out Nier until I watched a reviewer break down on YouTube at the fishing segment.

The trick to the fishing segment is "look at the X on your map and fish there you idiot."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, it's fun to play. It's got a neat little combat system.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

cheesetriangles posted:

Is Vinny a loving vaccine nut? This bombcast is hurting me.

Tell me it isn't true.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cross-Section posted:

Yep, the Simple Runtime Window Editor tool (available only from this Skyrim mod page for some reason) works wonders in terms of faking Fullscreen Windowed on programs that don't naturally support it. Also, you can apparently force downsampling but I've never gotten it to work AND you generally have SSAA/SGSSAA for that.

That seems to be completely different than what everyone else means when they say 'windowed fullscreen.'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cross-Section posted:

It cuts out the borders of a game's window and maximizes it over the taskbar, giving it the appearance of a game running in fullscreen. Sounds pretty "windowed fullscreen" to me. The mod page that hosts it has little to do with the utility itself besides its purpose, though.

More on topic, I would feel even more justified in a premium membership if Jeff undertook the burger taste test:siren:CHALLENGE:siren: on an Unprofessional Fridays or something.

It's a Skyrim plugin that makes Skyrim run fullscreen with large black borders to make it run at a lower resolution without stretching. It's nothing like running a game borderless fullscreen windowed.

Here's a bunch of different utilities that'll do that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
"I told you so."

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This was really great, I'm excited for the next episode already.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Crowbear posted:

Oh yeah he did WAY better than I did back in the day, but how do you not end the episode on a mad dash for the dragon's treasure?

He tried that once and died, then said he was only pausing so he could see the timing on it. They'd been playing for two and a half hours at that point and it was a good place to cliffhanger on, in my opinion.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Whizbang posted:

I haven't watched the video, but bullshit.

He got parrying down instantly and only died once (ignoring the mandatory death) over the entire two and a half hours.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Everyone should also do themselves a favor and watch the Global Yoshi's Cookie League in action, too.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Brad's playing Demon Souls very intelligently and I don't feel like he needs to artificially run headstrong into poo poo when he doesn't need to or want to just for the sake of boosting a death counter.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Another Person posted:

We already have Vinny playing devil's advocate - I feel that will be enough.

This is what's going to cinch it for me, I think - Vinny's already toying with Brad and when they both get to parts of the game Vinny hasn't actually played through at all (instead of playing through forever ago) things are going to kick into high gear.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hakkesshu posted:

It wouldn't be more entertaining if he died more because he was being stupid on purpose.

Yeah you kind of left out the entire point of that sentence when you bolded it, Cosmonaut.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Looks like there's going to be a new category of videos: "Unfinished"

Basically: they're making room for preview-style content, since they've tended to avoid Quick Looking the same game multiple times (even if the first QL was of a really early version)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
ESRB listing for MGSV:

quote:

The game includes an audio file in which a female character is sexually assaulted by male characters; while there is no visual depiction, sounds of ripped clothing and struggle can be heard.

My money's on this being Quiet's 'deeper reason.'

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't even know how that guy manages to consistently keep invading him - I thought the PvP system for Dark Souls was a lot harder to target than that.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Liquid Penguins posted:

I didn't know dr luigi gave boob jobs.

It was supposed to be a lung transplant but he got creative

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I think most of you missed the new "Unfinished" category of videos they put in, too, just so they could return to still-in-development games they looked at before to have additional content sources.

And also that it was a three day weekend and they had yesterday off.

The Monarch posted:

the only person who seems to concern themselves with making sure the site gets content

Especially you, holy poo poo.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Yeah, he streamed it on the main site, it was entertaining as hell.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Jeff's driving home and the podcast isn't up!?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
La Mulana is good but it's a major throwback to the sort of puzzle design where you have no clue what doing a thing unlocks, or in many cases even that you did a thing that might unlock something - and whatever you unlocked might not be anywhere near what you triggered. People say that if you pay really close attention to everything you can get through the game, but in my opinion it doesn't sensibly connect things enough to even know what you might want to look at.

Compare to Dark Souls' level and encounter design, or more traditional environment-based puzzle games like Fez or (at least the first three games in) the Myst series where the puzzles are much better signposted and you have a fighting chance of figuring out how one thing leads into another.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hace posted:

No there were fake spikes with NO INDICATION* it's time to get mad

Man even the people I've talked to who love La Mulana agree that there's some dumb out-there puzzles, are you really going to insist none of them are unclear?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Maybe if someone with a reputation for decent posting said they didn't like all the Dark Souls chat people would listen to them. Can't wait for that to happen someday.

Angryhead posted:

I need to see this, does anyone have a link?

I'll post it here when it gets a youtube upload (it usually takes a little while). For now, have some of Jeff's other fights, from the now-defunct SNST division:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh7EF2HplqI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P8ABRQWYAg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4sZz0NQ1AY

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Oh, here it is already:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD50aqynjc4

Jeff vs three amazing competitors for the EDBW Hardcore Championship. Good stuff!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
We need cloning technology so we can have Tricaster Vinny and Couch Vinny.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Drew is a handsome boy.

I badly need a gif/clip of that, I almost choked.

e: thank you chat

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This looks pretty great.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
New Best Of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEJhhOOmmVE

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Mutation posted:

Hah, I think only one game has done this to me, and it was Killzone 2. Like I completely forgotten I played through the single player campaign and put 40 hours into Multiplayer.

I have dozens of hours in L4D1 and 2 but can barely remember more than playing the campaign through once each and a couple of versus matches.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

This seems like a weird thing to say, since not only do tons of people outside this thread like Dark Souls there a bunch of people in here who hate it.

Also it's not like Resident Evil is a niche game from an unknown company or anything like that

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Sendo posted:

I really wonder what's going to happen with Broken Age, it doesn't seem to have gotten much traction on Steam on it's launch day.

Most of the people who really wanted it got keys through Kickstarter to play early, and I wouldn't be surprised if people were holding off until the second half got released.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Andrast posted:

To be fair, neither is Resident Evil 4.

The first time I got killed by the chainsaw dude I put down the game for almost a week and by loving god I was on edge any time they threw another one at me after that point.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Samopsa posted:

That's definitely his angle, the name alone implies that. IS IT RIGHT TO KILL AN INVADER TO PROTECT YOUR MONEY (and your wife and kids)?! YOU ARE THE MAN OF THE HOUSE IN A DOG EAT DOG WORLD :byodood:

An important thing to note is that Rohrer actually believes all this - it's not satire or parody, he's legit a libertarian fucknut. See also the contest he's doing where prizes include a gadget so that you can keep your door from being broken down by government invasions + the literal dog killing club he's giving away as grand prize. And also how he lives in intentional "ascetic poverty" out in the woods for more government paranoia's sake.

Don't support that dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'm glad that all this is getting out about how awful Jason Rohrer is, at the very least. I've thought for a while now that Passage is one of the very very few indie games that are actually "pretentious" and I'm going to move to blaming that and him full-on for the massive overuse of that term.

• Locked thread