Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
By the way I started playing binary domain and that game is awesome in a b movie way. Vinny was right!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Our boy Studio is on AGDQ right now!

http://www.twitch.tv/speeddemosarchivesda

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Wait, does this actually count as fulfilling Sean's new years resolution to resurrect the Dota 2 cast if Muir is hosting?

It should, Nick Breckon is currently super busy working on The Walking Dead season 2. I hear episode 2 is being written by him.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

It has to be really tough. How do you compete with established free games like Dota 2 and League?

You probably just make a mod for a game and hope it takes off. DayZ was a mod and it really took off, so much so that its been the #1 seller on Steam when it finally came out with its stand alone release.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah Brad you really messed up not playing the best action game of 2013!!!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My only beefs with DmC after finally playing it through PSN Plus are that Ninja Theory throwing some jabs at the fans (that initial scene when Dante has a white wig for example). The dialogue is pretty bad and the combat is just boring. One attack button and the other is relegated as a launcher. Yeah you can switch it up with the Axe/Scythe and the other weapons you get later but its still really simple and yeah getting SSS on every level is pretty trivial.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Is Nier actually fun to play, during the gameplay segments? Because the only thing people ever talk about with it is the crazy story stuff.

Its nothing special.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Deadly Premonition may have awful gameplay, but dammit it has heart! Swery really went for it and it shows.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Who is even playing Simcity in the year of our lord 2014.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Exquisite Dead Guy posted:

If you're talking about the 2013 title and not the series in general, YouTube LPers. They can't get enough of that steaming pile, apparently. Must get a lot of views?

Wait seriously? :psyduck: And yeah I meant the 2013 title. gently caress I hate when publishers need to have the same loving title for all of their games (I'M LOOKING AT YOU NFS HOT PURSUIT AND MOST WANTED).

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Looks like RPS is gunning for becoming the #1 outlet that is bad at games now. No need to worry anymore Brad!

quote:

One of the first bosses is basically impossible if you haven’t mastered blocking/parrying, which is actually super easy to learn; Revengeance just explains it horribly and doesn’t give you a safety-wheels-on trial run. I ended up having to alt-tab out, pop open a web browser, and hunt down a Care And Maintenance Of Your Badass Cyborg Ninja manual on YouTube.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/14/wot-i-think-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/#more-183989

It is a miracle we managed to survive the early days of video games it seems.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

MG:R IS really bad at training you on how to do that poo poo, though.

Yeah but it really isn't that hard or takes that long to figure out if you know, mess with the game for a while.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Maduo posted:

You know you guys are exactly right. Next time someone tells me they don't understand how to build a wall in Dwarf Fortress I'm gonna tell them how obvious it is you need to hit b then C (not "c" CAPITAL C, ugh) then w then u 5-10 times. I mean it's in the help menu! Jeez.

Normal people can learn to play MGR just by actually playing it. You need to be a special kind of nerd to get into Dwarf Fortress.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

I wonder if the people behind games like Candy Crush Saga or Clash of Clans feel like they're making actual valuable contributions to gaming culture or are just fine with the fact that their games are lovely games that manipulate stupid people.

I think they're too busy sleeping on the actual literal piles of money they get to care about this anymore.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I wonder what Gary Whitta thinks of this:

http://www.slashfilm.com/adam-sandlers-grown-ups-2-leads-razzie-nominations/

I mean he even got nominated! What an honor.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I'd ditch Facebook in a second, but none of my friends from college 'understand' twitter and would rather post Buzzfeed links on their Facebook feed as a form of self expression.

Yep. I vastly prefer twitter as well but I still have my facebook because I still have a large number of friends on it.

EDIT: this exists and its awesome https://twitter.com/KlepekVsRemo

poo poo just got real.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 16, 2014

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
My 2014 prediction made it to the DUMPTRUCK.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Brad for real watch the fzero gx speed run. That man was not human.

Goes to everyone else here as well.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/nickbreckon/status/425096882080071681

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

rudds posted:

I mostly quit doing it because it was starting to feel too self-indulgent. While I'd love a reason to play Dota at work every day, the time I was burning on it didn't seem worth the level of interest from the audience (though that might be my own self-defeating paranoia talking). If enough people actually want it to come back, I'd love to at least do it weekly if not more often. Sadly we've lost Kessler to the corporate void, so filling the lineup is a bit harder than it used to be.

We were also trying to find a way to stream from the perspectives of everyone on the team so it isn't as boring when I'm playing a farm-dependent hero or having a lovely lane, but directed spectator is on the two-minute delay (problematic for syncing voice chat), and coach's mode requires someone else to sit on a second PC and manually spectate, which ain't gonna happen. Haven't come up with any other ideas for that yet.

You definitely need to get someone to just spectate the games on directed camera for sure. That would be really cool, but it would be hard to splice in your audio since spectating is on a delay.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

A freelance writer doing an article on Steam economy stuff heard my Idle Thumbs emails and apparently tracked me down for an interview. Problem is, he's doing an article for Polygon, so I declined his offer. If it was literally anyone other than Polygon or Kotaku, I'd definitely do it, oh well.

Patrick needs to return my emails. He asked me to contact him about the hat stuff and I did, but he never got back to me both times he asked, dunno what's up. Hope he didn't take my "Scoops got scoop'd" followup email to Idle Thumbs seriously! Brad, can you get his attention?

You own.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Oh man this poo poo is getting out of hand.

http://kotaku.com/candy-crush-saga-makers-go-after-the-banner-saga-for-1506188958

Sorry for the kotaku link but yeah, sounds like King.com are the new Edge.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/425806305551347712

Patrick confirmed the best member of Giant Bomb.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Gearing up to have Dark Souls 2 become GOTY this year.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Wow this Roher guy in patrick's new sales article is a loving idiot!

Yup I read his thing the other day. He's really dumb.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Dark Souls and Dota 2 are good games and I feel bad for those who don't like them I guess.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I've never heard of a single game this guy has made. I think Passage was covered by Patrick at some point but I literally don't know any of these. Why is he going to be increasing the price over his new game? I mean sure, but I don't think that will drive sales. I don't know it might turn to be a smash hit who knows.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Didn't Q games sell a gently caress load of copies of PixelJunk Eden during the last steam sale they actually made a profit or something?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Grondoth posted:

SF4's better than goddamn marvel at least. Gen's an evo champ, the last interesting thing that happened in Marvel was Kurosu's team.

They're both bad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Hakkesshu posted:

Sorry, but no. I'll admit I'm not a big fan of the game to begin with, but it is boring as fuuuuuuuck to watch. It's a game that actively encourages turtling and fireball spamming.

This is also not why SF4 is boring.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
SF4 isn't boring because people spam fireballs and turtle. Some of the best and most intense matches have had turtling and fireball spam. If you think that's boring then sorry I guess you just don't get what makes a fighting game good. SF4 is boring because of its slow movement pace, a lot of things are generally safe among other things and the Ultra (getting hit to gain meter) makes it easy for people to comeback. I don't like the game much because of these things and I also never liked focus attacks as well. But if you honestly think its boring because of fireball spam? Then yeah you have no authority to deem anything good or bad in the realm of fighting games.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Hyping up a new studio just for them to become into the new Gears of War devs must be pretty depressing for the people there. At least I know I would be.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Free with Gold is a great name because it shows you that you are paying for literally everything else on the system including facebook and twitter.

They took these things out last I checked.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

AdmiralViscen posted:

I think facebook and twitter were removed entirely from 360, Gold or not.

This is what I meant. Yeah.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm not even the biggest RE4 fan but I still consider it pretty drat good. That's a good game and the only good resident evil as well in my opinion.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yodzilla posted:

That and the game is a sleepwalk for 20+ hours and then BAM you fight Barthandelus and it's like hitting a brick wall.

Yup that's pretty much when I dropped the game forever and realized I just wasted around 30 hours of my life playing this garbage. I kept waiting for it to get good, but it never did. What a terrible loving game.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
RE4 is a good game you guys. Also the last of us. I played it through the winter break. It's really good.

I like games.

E: ff13 though is not. 30 hours of boring corridors just to get to the actual meat and bones of the game. gently caress that. Also gently caress all of the characters.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Jeff, Brad, someone tell Patrick its time to shave that thing off.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Dark Souls 2 EXCLUSIVES dropping on this live stream!

What were they? I can't watch right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'd probably be all over the castle doctrine if it wasn't deliberately trying to make you look like "you were a monster this entire time!" In the last of us I tolerated that stuff because the ending sequence was so loving good, but I'm pretty much tired of this idea now. Yes I am a monster for robbing homes and my family died whatever I just want to enjoy myself playing your game.

• Locked thread