Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Another Person posted:

Video games are bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezKX_7qdfRA
Still going with "eh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Hahaha that was the best ending to that last Spelunky run since I could see it coming a few seconds before. Since I've died like that multiple times before, digging underneath a stone block.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Just have a regular party and start it up when it feels right (a couple of drinks in probably). You only need one person to give it a try (besides you) to get it going.

I made a dumb lovely clone of the Kung Foot minigame from Rayman Legends - haven't played the game myself but that part seemed great in the quick look - and have been having a ton of fun with that with my friends.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Rewatching the Fortune Street TNT for the third time and it's still such a great piece of content to have running in the background. I just love their mocking political talk.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Depths posted:

e: dave lang is hilarious

Yeah, somehow I haven't realized this before but I thought he was loving hilarious during the Spelunky stream. I also love Max Temkin's crazy laugh :allears:
Definitely recommend everybody watch this episode, Lang talks so much poo poo and shows off his amazing bat tech.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Puzzle game content is the worst. I'd like to see him suffer for an episode, as I did, but going from "harsh-but-fair" Spelunky & Dark Souls to "harsh and bullshit" La-Mulana.
Maybe the sequel will have better (easier) puzzles or maybe I'm just a baby.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Liquid Penguins posted:

What, specifically, makes the game bullshit? I haven't played it but I will in the near future.

I think my "favourite" part is that there is a giant eye in the background of some rooms that zaps you (for like a third of your health IIRC) if you try to whip a random wall, but of course some of those walls are also fake walls that can be destroyed by whipping them!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

ixnay posted:

Meanwhile in another stream, Virtual Jeff just successfully defended his VGCW Hardcore title belt in a 4-way match against Serge from Chrono Cross, the dude from Hotline Miami, and a Goomba from the Super Mario Bros movie.

I need to see this, does anyone have a link?

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

That Spelunky stream just turned into Breaking Patrick.

e:

Mu Zeta posted:

I prefer Demons Soul's
I prefer Dark Souls, but both are really great!
Brad & Vinny's stream is making me want to get back into Demon's though (played it after hundreds of hours of Dark, got to the end boss and quit)

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jan 24, 2014

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Mutation posted:

By the way Patrick is continuing his Spelunky stream again. If anyone left after he quit the first time.

drat it, he could have at least tweeted about that!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Optimus Subprime posted:

This is a peek into the future for Patrick. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I27q183ztBk

This is great.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Anyone who hasn't read Rorie's Dark Souls article from back from when the game had just come out, do so. It's really good.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

This is the best stream.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

emoticon posted:

What happens when you run out of lives in that game? Because uh.

Seemed like the Bombs in the left corner (which I'm guessing are "lives") weren't decreasing on getting hit, which was a nice touch.

That section was heartbreaking to watch though. :(

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Good loving job Patrick!

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Captain Invictus posted:

I can't believe this hasn't been posted yet. It's beautiful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mlxbi1wszWk

Also, Remo died in the most glorious way in today's daily: jumps on a bomb frog, then realizes he needs to get out of dodge, then a blue frog knocks him back down onto the bomb frog, and he's like "NOPE NOPE NOPE" and climbs back up only for the blue frog to knock him back down again right as the bomb frog explodes and kills him.

This is great!
And I recommend turning down your headphones/speakers.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The Youtube commenters are mad because the Giant Bomb guys didn't think a "Jew" class was laught-out-loud funny? Wow.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Veotax posted:

How do you turn that on?

https://www.youtube.com/feather_beta

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

CJacobs posted:

Just like any music genre there is a wide variety of quality in dubstep music. Here, I'll list a few examples of good dubstep for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxDPrlgzI2U enjoy.

Basically this:

The Machine posted:

Dubstep is the videogameiest genre of music. I am pro dubstep.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Crazy animated background for the Donkey Kong QL page

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0kluTStX_Y

And here's the wonderful song itself too.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

God drat it Patrick, stop being so good at games.
He just streamed getting the Speedlunky achievement in Spelunky (beating Olmec in less than 8 minutes)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I played the poo poo out of Diablo 3 for a month, stopping the day I beat Inferno, which was also the day before Inferno got majorly nerfed or buffed, can't remember. Hadn't felt an urge to go back since then because I got so burnt out, especially from those last few days when I was just grinding Diablo himself for all my awake time.

And now I'm downloading it from Battle.net again.

God drat it.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

Start a new character and play at the new version of /players 8 which is "expert" difficulty

If you have a friend with a high level dude you can also do level 1-60 in about 5-10 mins

Man, powerleveling in Lord of Destruction was so dumb yet great.
Tristram, tombs, cow level, a quick detour to the ancients and then Baal for however long you could be arsed. Or ubers if you had dough.

Maybe I'll try a Wizard then, since everybody knows a cheap MF Sorc is how you start out on a new ladder!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

dude, what

why

does that game prey on people who haven't taken their medicine or what's going on?
Having a lot of free time (summer vacation) + being a dumb idiot + I really wanted to truly "beat" the game.
I mean, it wasn't that bad, just two days of trying to beat him for an entire day, successfully ending on the evening of the second day.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Pssh, history already been made!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vccNqwRr35g

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Apparently Jack Tretton is stepping down as President and CEO of Sony, goodbye to the realest motherfucker on the block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVMnesyAsjQ
(skip to 5m40s)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

The Kins posted:

Also, console ports.

I don't think I'll ever put down my Vita once it also has Isaac in addition to Spelunky.

E: vvv
Rebirth is confirmed for Vita, in case you didn't know.

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 11, 2014

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

You can never unspoil it (well, not healthily), but the video won't be going anywhere.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Mutation posted:

Demon's Souls - Isn't Anything

Dark Souls - Loveless

Dark Souls 2 - m b v

This is what a friend told me to reply to you with:
DeS - Pygmalion
DaS - Souvlaki
DaS2 - Just for a Day

(and he said that m b v is the best)

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoGNv7HGXXo

The Spelunkin' with Scoops video with Dave Lang turned me into a believer, I thought he was hilarious in that.
e: and Max's laugh is so great

Angryhead fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Mar 18, 2014

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I only had time to play about half an hour of the DaS2 beta but I don't remember the lighting being significantly different from what we got now. Could be just my bad memory though.

In any case, I am really enjoying the new Souls game. It's more of the same in a very good way, with enough (sometimes subtle) changes to keep it fresh. The lighting stuff doesn't bother me since I avoided promotional material as much as possible besides the initial reveal (which I never thought would be running on PS3/360 anyway) and it still looks really good when you use the torch and the art style is as good as the previous games - excellent.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

There are so many people that go from Games Journalism into game making, but I haven't seen a lot who went in the opposite direction (though Rorie and Alex both did).

A lot of the old GameSpot people have gone into the game making business, though mostly as producers or community managers or something along those lines.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Everything. Besides maybe the first one.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

I hope they have him on in the future too like somebody in the crew tweeted hopefully too.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Patrick just posted a great piece on the Oculus/Facebook drama.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Max Temkin had the greatest laugh in the Spelunkin' with Scoops videos.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Was the internet video panel Jeff and Eric Pope were on ever released somewhere, or do you have to go through the pax livestream archive to find it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3E_zw0xQNI

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

So for those who caught the 404ing it panel, the host guy posted some more videos that were not shown during the panel.

That Minecraft video is really disturbing...

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghEhI4CJjAM

Did I just have a stroke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

CJacobs posted:

3 is the best one in the series for sure.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Crash Team Racing is better than Mario Kart

Truth. 1v1 CTR is still a staple at parties with my friends.

• Locked thread