Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
patrick no, go back to the gamespot player :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Someday Japan will figure out PC gaming.

The revengeance port doesnt have always on drm, thats a bug fyi

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Fictional.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Brad is always so quick to dismiss new ideas even thought hes never tried them and they are usually 100% right

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

The boss breaking the spear on the wall isn't a problem. Better to get those hits in. If he did that the boss'd be dead by now.

but no he breaks them its useless muda muda muda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Link43130 posted:

Yeah, like Rorie mentioned that you can get a spear in the door to completely dodge the lighting attack without needing to jump three times and Brad shot him down because "the flame sword is so strong." It's like he's not noticing the pattern and forgetting when he's doing damage and when he isn't.

but the pink fire breaks spears they are completely useless for this fight!!!!!!!!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Brad wins via the cheapest tactics, gg

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

StarkRavingMad posted:

Vinny finishes Dark Souls. Brad finishes Volgarr. All the pressure on Patrick for Spelunky now.

If he beat olmec the first time, jesus that would have been amazing

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

randombattle posted:

Brad isn't even that bad he just refuses to adapt to any change in tactics or try anything new at all.

these two statements contradict each other

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

Hmm, I only have time to play one character action game this year, better make it the one NOT by the people who basically invented it genre as we know it!

But the story! The characters! The dialogue! it was all so... Shakespearean. And the combat was so much more accessible! I got a SSSentaional on almost every level :smug:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Grondoth posted:

This quote must always be remembered as to why people make fun of how bad DMC's story was. Don't ever let anyone say that it was bad on purpose, that it was supposed to be a enjoyed for how absurd it was. No, they wanted to make something deep and moving and tell a story that had never been told in videogames before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTQFpwZwk-w

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Justin McElroy is a huge baby and one of the most stereotypical video game journalist around, do not let his idiocy prevent you from trying a cool game

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

CrushedB posted:

That is not Nidhogg.

That's Demon's Souls.

Load our last souls lives on :yaycloud:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

cheesetriangles posted:

Is Vinny a loving vaccine nut? This bombcast is hurting me.

No

Jesus christ no

Jeff, Brad, please do something. For max

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

If you dont know how to do something look it up in the help menu. Just because the game doesnt have a 30 minute tutorial doesnt mean it never tells you how to do poo poo.

abraham linksys posted:

e: also any game that requires you to look up a youtube video to learn how to play it is a Bad Game

Chips video is just "Hey retard, buy the dodge. Check the controls in help. Parry." stretched out over ten minutes. Then he talks about blade mode canceling and dodge offset for the last five, which actually are the kind of advanced secret techniques you need to learn on youtube

Dred Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 15, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Imagine if it was him playing Revengeance on very hard. There'd be tears alright.

Ive said it before, but the absolute worst breaking brad ever would be vanquish.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Overbite posted:

That would be more painful for us than Brad.

Yes thats what I was getting at.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

cronox2 posted:

Holding out the smallest hope that maybe playing a Souls game will get Brad to realize he should take advice from people in the studio. Smallest hope.

"No, I dont think it works that way"

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

China King buffet would never lie to me

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Krispy Kreme is loving disgusting

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Brad you should listen to people in the studio instead of dismissing their comments because they're always loving right and you just spend another 30 mintues doing the same wrong thing you've been doing

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Brad actually did reasonably well, and he should keep doing what he's doing because it's the smart way to play. Artificially rushing into things to make the stream more entertaining would be stupid as hell.

Are you joking

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

It wouldn't be more entertaining if he died more because he was being stupid on purpose.

What if I find brad dying amusing, what then????

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Dear Scoops,

Thank you for spelunkin'. I picked the game back up when the new feature started and just got my first ever olmec kill. :yaycloud:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Rookersh posted:

Man, what is going on.

Told Brad that Dark Souls would be getting patched on PC dropping GFWL ( according to Namco Bandai themselves through Joystiq ). When this happened to Batman/Bioshock all previous saves were erased/corrupted, and even using the save editor some guy whipped up leads to the saves getting recorrupted down the road. It's a lovely situation that should probably get some airtime, so I figured it'd be good for Brad/GB to know.

This has led to me getting tons of really angry PMs by people screaming I'm discouraging people from playing the best game ever, am a total liar, and how do I know the saves won't work. Brad's Tumblr/Twitter have a few really angry people messaging him about how I'm a lying scumbag who needs to die in a fire. Even pointing out what happened to Batman/Bioshock has just led to "nu uhs!" by what I assume are adults who should know better.

How are people this angry. :psyduck: Are they just really angry that their maxed out Dark Souls PC saves from launch are going to get wiped, and trying to plug their ears and yell or something?

It's baffling because I've never seen the GB community this riled up over something so trivial. So what if I'm wrong and Namco manages to patch it in such a way that the saves are saved. Then everyone was worried for no reason, and a few people hold off on playing the game/burn through the game before July. It's not like if I'm wrong Dark Souls 2 never gets released on PC or something.

Barons is gonna beat you up dark souls hater

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Nohman posted:

I love Dark/Demon's Souls and Bayonetta. They are both the exact same design philosophy of "look get good at video games again you limp dicked soft gently caress". I do not know how you hold Bayonetta up and denounce Souls for both going "hey this is what we're doing here. This is the game mechanics. This is your skill set. GET GOOD FUCKER!"

Bayonetta is fast and dark souls is slow

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

If they do make demons souls 2 how would they differentiate it from dark souls?

vv Yeah no poo poo they take place in different settings, I meant gameplay wise vv

Dred Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 19, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

flatluigi posted:

ESRB listing for MGSV:

My money's on this being Quiet's 'deeper reason.'

turn left kojima

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Patrick picked the wrong ending :goleft:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Its a shame that patrick only came into his own after he moved away.

also

cronox2 posted:

I've said it before: sick of facecams on every non QL video on the site.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

rudds posted:

I mostly quit doing it because it was starting to feel too self-indulgent. While I'd love a reason to play Dota at work every day, the time I was burning on it didn't seem worth the level of interest from the audience (though that might be my own self-defeating paranoia talking). If enough people actually want it to come back, I'd love to at least do it weekly if not more often. Sadly we've lost Kessler to the corporate void, so filling the lineup is a bit harder than it used to be.

We were also trying to find a way to stream from the perspectives of everyone on the team so it isn't as boring when I'm playing a farm-dependent hero or having a lovely lane, but directed spectator is on the two-minute delay (problematic for syncing voice chat), and coach's mode requires someone else to sit on a second PC and manually spectate, which ain't gonna happen. Haven't come up with any other ideas for that yet.

Please replace daily dota with daily demons souls tia

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Jeff has caught the spelunky bug. Its only a matter of time before he succumbs to the souls...

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Wow this Roher guy in patrick's new sales article is a loving idiot!

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

xamphear posted:

He sure is, but that doesn't automatically make everything he says wrong. He raises a lot of interesting point about Steam sales, and while I'd totally love to hear an opposing view point, there's no possible way they are without any downsides. It's going to take more than a year or two of them before the long term consequences can be uncovered. Maybe they're great for game sales and (more importantly) game quality. Maybe they're not. But no one here has the sort of data required to declare that right now.

"Steam sales are bad because I make more money and more people buy my game but none of them actually play it!"

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

Patrick has seriously been improving at Spelunky even faster than Remo did. It's kind of crazy how much better he is at the game now, after only about two weeks of doing the stream.

Well to be fair, robbing the black market is easy modo

Dred Cosmonaut fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 23, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

OLIVIAS WILDE RIDER posted:

19C is the perfect temperature and I will nuke any amount of oceans or forests to make the earth that temperature all the time.

hes right, even using superior communist measurments

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

I sure hope not. People who don't pronounce the 't' in 'buttons' deserve a bullet to the brain

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Tae posted:

Wait, how do they pronounce it then? That seems impossible.

Bu-in. Absolutely disgusting, theres two of the loving things, you aint french

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

flatluigi posted:

An explanation, spoiled for the people who'd rather not: I'm pretty sure both people take commissions for things to read off into a camera. I know the first dude does, at the very least. Couldn't find the second dude.

yeah /a/ found these guys and have been paying them to say dumb stuff for a few months

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gdsdqu5XWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07ugR9edds

"Pardon my lewdness, but I wouldn't even hold hands wiv your waifu"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Patrick play bayonetta on hard mode

• Locked thread