Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

This probably needs to be in the OP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzi6bHz5w18

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Nohman posted:

The difference was you were cheering for Dark Lord Vinny, while I think everyone in the room was ready to shiv Brad "88 Deaths. What Is Pattern?" Shoemaker by the end of that stream. Jeff needs to show up for more Breaking Brads and just have increasing salty contempt for Brad's lovely abilities.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Drop7 for life

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Looks like RPS is gunning for becoming the #1 outlet that is bad at games now. No need to worry anymore Brad!

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/01/14/wot-i-think-metal-gear-rising-revengeance/#more-183989

It is a miracle we managed to survive the early days of video games it seems.

realtalk that boss is loving tough compared to the rest of the game

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

My biggest gripe with Rising is that it rips control away from you every 10 seconds for yet another cutscene or codec conversation. There's even cutscenes for opening doors...just let me play the god drat game.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

watching patrick talk to jeff on twitch while listening to jeff talk to patrick on mixlr

the future is weird you guys

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

add "brad is bad at journalistic integrity" to thingsthatwillgetbradtopost.txt

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

I love Dan, Brad is actually good at hosting, and the Giant Beast content has been great. Change is good.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I'm glad the Bombcast is hitting a high point again, because I swear if you edited out all the laughing on Idle Thumbs you'd have around 5 minutes of coherent podcast recently. I swear it's almost impossible for someone to get out more then 2 sentences before someone else inserts a funny voice and everyone goes into a giggle fit for 3 minutes.

I never thought I'd see the day when Idle "Jeff Gone Game Gold" Thumbs descended into giggle fits

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

What Can Platinum Boxes Learn From a Sobering Conversation About Watch Dogs?

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

fridge-chan

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Everything Brad said was wrong.

- there is multiplayer

- the guys in cages are merchants not playable(though if he's not unlocked them he wouldn't know)

- the floors unlock as you beat each previous one

"Is it possible to be too in-focus?"

"Then why don't you just turn it all the way?"

goddamnit brad

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Whiteycar posted:

Dude's got huge hands

the reveal at the end is that you're actually the heavy from tf2

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

even their parent site had to get in on the wanking:

The Verge posted:

The concept of this game is shocking when you think about what's actually happening. As an ultra-powerful white dude, you use fear and extreme acts of violence to manipulate an enemy's behavior, destroy its militaristic structure, and ultimately gain control of it in the form of living bondage despite being outnumbered by the thousands. Really, chew on this: This is a video game about a spurned man terrorizing an entire foreign culture, literally killing, branding, torturing and enslaving hundreds of living beings. And really they're only tangentially connected to the man's real enemy: another ultra-powerful white dude.

:slowjerk:

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

VDay posted:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/content.php?1995-CK2-Free-to-Play-Weekend-this-weekend!-A-call-to-arms!-Let%92s-grow-our-community!

CK2 is going to be free to play this weekend, so try it out if you haven't yet and experience the joys of marrying off your children and cousins for political gain before throwing them in jail until they die in order to prevent them from usurping you.

also all their games are on sale this weekend...you can get CK2, EU4, Victoria 2, and Hearts of Iron 3 for just 20 smackers

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

SoM was a bunch of neat parts that didn't add up to anything for me. I liked the nemesis system but once you start branding there's no point to it. I liked the branding but it doesn't actually matter in the end-game since you only take the 5 warchiefs with you. I liked the combat but you're never faced with a real challenge. I liked the parkour but it's useless once you can teleport around the map. I guess the story is cool if you're into LOTR but I could not give less of a poo poo about Caladildor and his magical memory artifacts.

Also I got all the way to the Tower fight without realizing he was a dude and not an actual tower.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

what's weird is that giant bomb does reviews at all

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

the best driving game is actually need for speed underground 2, but I'd be willing to hear an argument for midnight club 3

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

I skipped like 30 pages of this thread but has anyone devised a plan to get Dan to take acid? Some sort of bet or dare?

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

randombattle posted:

You seem to care about people talking about it quite a bit.

Here youtube recommended this to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAeIk1yIA1c

I also recommend it. The good ol days. :unsmith:

someone please make a browser extension that rewinds giantbomb.com 5 years, tia

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Disappointing Pie posted:

This is true, until GOTY at least when as mentioned before, Brad spends 12 hours trying to convince everyone it's the best game of the year because he alone spent the most time with it. And everyone just agrees with him to shut him up.

Again.

I can't really see Dan getting filibustered

Disappointing Pie posted:

I wish I could dive into CK2. It's just very overwhelming.

Just accept that you're going to be complete poo poo the first several times you play, but keep dicking around with the systems and you'll learn more with each campaign. Also start as a small state, like 1 or 2 counties.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

From Revolution60's site:

quote:

1. "Did you set out to make a company with all-female developers?
Like most companies, we tend to hire people we know personally and trust. In this case, we know a lot of other women in the industry.

So it's fine for you to only hire your female friends, but Giant Bomb can't do the same thing?

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Grey Fox V2 posted:

I didn't know Idle Thumbs did this. Do they not handle them well?

the thumbs are much more critical from a mechanics point of view, while gb focuses more on the themes

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

pm me for a tesla effect: a tex murphy joint code

edit: claimed

TheVaultDweller fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 11, 2014

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

Studio posted:

What's a joint code? :confused:

it's a code for tesla effect: a tex murphy joint

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

or a key or whatever you kids call it

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

it's not I just couldn't remember the exact name. key claimed.

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

wasd is poo poo for movement but analog stick is poo poo for aiming, play every fps with a joystick and a mouse hth

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

cheesetriangles posted:

Digital movement is actually better than analog why do you think you play Mario 3 the best Mario game with a dpad?

obviously if you play 2d games with analog movement you are a monster

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

I just replayed KOTOR and discovered that if you take the dark side path half your party members turn on you at the end and you straight up murder them

it was a bitch to get it running at 1080 tho

dave_lang_prom.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheVaultDweller
Sep 27, 2005

cheesetriangles posted:

It's 10PM at night and I am watching a Japanese only stream that I had to jump through hoops to get running just for a chance to get some of that big boss rear end running at 1080p's on a personal computer. I have made many poor choices to get where I am today.

linku

• Locked thread