Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shif
Aug 12, 2013
I'm currently active duty military and I'm on one of T-Mobile's grandfathered family plans, which plan exactly, I couldn't tell you but I know I'm getting a sizable discount. I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and thinking about upgrading to the new LG G3, pending reviews/SA approval.

How much will it put me in the whole if I'm not interesting in starting a JUMP! contract? Have you heard anything terrible about the new phone?

edit: Would now even be a good time to buy?

Shif fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shif
Aug 12, 2013
I'm not sure exactly how much the bill is since I'm not the primary account holder. As to why I wouldn't want the financing/JUMP!: I hate owing money; I prefer to pay in entirety for things I can control (eg. not a car/house).

Browsing a couple reviews, I probably would NOT be interested in the new LG G3 considering it's horrible viewing angle (WTF LG? :bang:). Guess I'll just wait until the next Galaxy makes its way onto shelves.

Shif
Aug 12, 2013

Hip Hoptimus Prime posted:

We just did JUMP! and I got an iPhone 5S and my husband got the LG G3. However, I kind of have buyers remorse--I don't really like being on a payment plan.

How do you like the iPhone 5S, and your husband the G3? I'm in the military and a good chunk of my buddies who own an iPhone have broken or cracked screens.

Shif
Aug 12, 2013
Does T-Mobile only have reliable 4G in cities? I've been to mostly rural areas and can't seem to find much service versus Verizon users.

Shif
Aug 12, 2013

repeating posted:

All 2g towers are expected to be done upgrading to LTE by the end of June. If you look at the full coverage map right now, that's all gonna be LTE in a few months. The brighter color is T-Mobile coverage, the darker is where you can roam.

As in pink being LTE coverage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shif
Aug 12, 2013
I could get used to that, it's about drat time they did some upgrading. I'm tired of looking at E.