Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
Well known American team Speed gaming that is owned by the Chinese and features exactly 0 Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Might have to rewatch the TI3 finals at some point this weekend :allears:

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Although I know calling Bulldog best offlaner is far more controversial, I'm a little surprised Hao didn't even enter the top 3 discussion. TongFu dramatically improved their position in The International over 2012, and seemed like the only Chinese team to understand the meta the way they western teams did.

Burning is cool, but he is practically the definition of "Chinese Dota" (which itself is sort of an outdated image) as he basically has tried several times now to create a team of four guys who are good enough to hold off a five-man team on their own while he vacuums up everything in the background. Carries like Loda and Xboct are willing to drop their farm and come support the team with whatever they have. Burning's strategy is that the cavalry will come when it's drat well ready, and they stretched the absolute limits of what that could accomplish against Speed and still lost.

The current DK lineup is good enough at stemming the bleeding that it's a successful strategy more often than not, but that's relatively new.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Burning is on record as saying 4 protect 1 doesn't work anymore, and he's always been willing to TP in to help in fights, especially since DK got their new roster. If you want examples of a farm a lot but do nothing carry players, you're looking at Sylar or Black^, not Burning.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Burning has even been given a Furion solo lane a couple times to make room for the ice3 invoker pick, if you think the new DK is all about protecting him while he farms do you even watch them play? :psyduck:

I'm sure you can point to individual games where it happens but you can do that for almost everybody

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Firebatgyro posted:

Well known American team Speed gaming that is owned by the Chinese and features exactly 0 Americans.

If Na'Vi can be honorary 'muricans, why not Speed?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Red Red Blue posted:

Burning has even been given a Furion solo lane a couple times to make room for the ice3 invoker pick, if you think the new DK is all about protecting him while he farms do you even watch them play? :psyduck:

Yeah, I've seen it, but it's relatively new and points more toward Burning being the carry player of 2014. In 2013 he is the guy that is best known for having farmed for 90 minutes and lost to a team that he had several chances to defeat.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Equilibrium posted:

If Na'Vi can be honorary 'muricans, why not Speed?

US[A], US[A]!

Honestly I think it's hilarious when the US co-opts a European team as their own because US teams don't tend to go very far in huge tournaments.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Korean Dotes, aka best dotes, is on right now (currently showing korean commercials though)

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
First big overlay fuckup of 2014.

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Here's the English stream

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

HOLY poo poo THAT ROSH STEAL/AEGIS STEAL/EVERYTHING

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is cool how much better Korean Dota seems to have gotten just in the past year

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Is the BTS stream making GBS threads the bed for anyone else?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Firebatgyro posted:

Speed technically has 2 North Americans I guess.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Yeah, I've seen it, but it's relatively new and points more toward Burning being the carry player of 2014. In 2013 he is the guy that is best known for having farmed for 90 minutes and lost to a team that he had several chances to defeat.

No? Actually he was known as one of the few carry players willing to join the fight whenever his team needed him and that's why he's considered as one of the best carries because he puts the teams need over farming nonstop.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=440562

TeamLiquid just posted their Awards for Dota in 2013. Best team, Best Player, that sort of stuff.

Most charismatic player runner up: EternalEnvy.

Right.

Idiootti
Apr 11, 2012

mfcrocker posted:

Yeah, definitely gonna have a poke around my friends and see if I can put together a team for scrub-tier joinDOTA. There's a week left for signups so it may be worth me throwing up a thread.

I'd be stunned if I ever made a penny from dotes ;)

I have sold many hats and have made at least 10 american dollars playing dota.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

Most charismatic player runner up: EternalEnvy.

Right.

He's entertaining to watch, he has the most memes of any pro player and a pretty sizable fanbase. And he's one of like five people who bother to stream. Dendi's the obvious winner but just because goons hate him doesn't mean EE isn't popular.

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Jan 11, 2014

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Nikolaos posted:

He's entertaining to watch, he has the most memes of any pro player and a pretty sizable fanbase. And he's one of like five people who bother to stream. Dendi's still the obvious choice but still, even if goons hate him doesn't mean he isn't popular.

Charismatic doesn't mean popular. He is an awkward nerd, the opposite of charismatic.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

ArchangeI posted:

Charismatic doesn't mean popular. He is an awkward nerd, the opposite of charismatic.

Dendi is an awkward nerd too, whats your point?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

ArchangeI posted:

Yeah Dendi is pretty much an awkward nerd too. In case you haven't realized, almost everyone in the Dota 2 pro scene is.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Nikolaos posted:

Dendi's still the obvious choice but still, even if goons hate him doesn't mean he isn't popular.

People don't like Dendi?

He and Iceiceice are my favorite Dota people.

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Craptacular! posted:

People don't like Dendi?

He and Iceiceice are my favorite Dota people.

I meant EE.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Nikolaos posted:

He's entertaining to watch, he has the most memes of any pro player and a pretty sizable fanbase. And he's one of like five people who bother to stream. Dendi's the obvious winner but just because goons hate him doesn't mean EE isn't popular.

The fact that it's EE and not n0tail is an insult to all of us.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Fnatic vs Sigma.int on Pinnacle Sports Semis.

http://www.joindota.com/en/matches/96153-fnatic-vs-sigma-int

Era is adept at catching Mirana arrows with his face.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It doesn't even make sense for it to be EE over Sing. Sing gets more viewers, streams more often, is way more affable, and isn't a literal real-life anime

Notail is a strong candidate too, with all the shouting at live events, being a great if less-popular streamer, and the Michael skills meme. Really don't know what they were thinking putting ee over either one

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 11, 2014

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Pretty Boy Swag vs. Rox.Kis on Pinnacle Sports Pro-Am. Semi final BO3 to play against Sigma in the finals. PBS might have the stupidest name, but their team is pretty cool and have been doing good lately. http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

EDIT: ryuuboruz death prophet doing work with a sub 20 minute heart.

Crell fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jan 11, 2014

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 11 days!)

Crell posted:

Pretty Boy Swag vs. Rox.Kis on Pinnacle Sports Pro-Am. Semi final BO3 to play against Sigma in the finals. PBS might have the stupidest name, but their team is pretty cool and have been doing good lately. http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

EDIT: ryuuboruz death prophet doing work with a sub 20 minute heart.

Pretty boy swag making a mockery of roxkis.

26 minute gg.

edit: 630 gold per minute death prophet.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Is there a Lets Watch Pro Dota IRC? Would be cool to chat with people about games and not have to use the terrible twitch chat.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

PBS have been looking really good against some quality teams in the Pinnacle proam.

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

People need to teach stats guys not to post statistics that are essentially "This game is literally over turn it off and do something else."

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie

Wezlar posted:

People need to teach stats guys not to post statistics that are essentially "This game is literally over turn it off and do something else."

There's a reason why everyone hates Nahaz and BTS hired Kpoptosis.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Xboct is playing Ember Spirit on stream, if anyone cares.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Craptacular! posted:

Does he think this is a good hero or something?

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

KyloWinter posted:

Does he think this is a good hero or something?

Wait till he explanes why Ember Spirit is actually really good and watch as the dota thread explodes from goons reversing their positions.

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.
Sigma styling all over Rox.Kis in the first game of BO5 finals for Pinnacle Sports Pro-Am

http://www.twitch.tv/joindotared

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Craptacular! posted:

Dendi was playing Ember Spirit yesterday. It did not go well for him.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Glad to see POD still getting played unironically in 2014. Thanks, JoinDOTAred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Someone needs to organize an intervention for Goblak. Second pick Treant, really?

• Locked thread