Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dr. Capco posted:

Wow, Naga is an incredibly entertaining hero to watch.

I agree. Most of this thread doesnt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

What the hell is going on :v:

Loda has Skadi and buyback :stare:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Hahaha, did EE just throw down that gem like a white flag? :laffo:

edit: a skadi, jesus christ

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

if wishes were fishes fuck you this is my pie
I'm loving upset.

Not because Alliance is winning or whatever the gently caress, but because Naga is seemingly back. Naga siren. As a carry. I didn't miss long rear end drawn out games. It's like we've come full circle.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kyrosiris posted:

Hahaha, did EE just throw down that gem like a white flag? :laffo:

edit: a skadi, jesus christ

No he dropped it so he could buy a TP and escape because Alliance were out of disables.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

He was throwing out the gem to buy a TP.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Asuron posted:

Loda is not Meracle. If he had the micro skills of Meracle he could turn this around, but we've never seen him do that kind of thing. Even if he could, Speed are not going to let him, they'll force the fights and he has to be there or they lose.
Hrmhm yes Loda was poo poo this game.

e; lol the gold graph.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm loving upset.

Not because Alliance is winning or whatever the gently caress, but because Naga is seemingly back. Naga siren. As a carry. I didn't miss long rear end drawn out games. It's like we've come full circle.

She's not going to live through bans to get picked this time around. This playstyle is way more dominant than old Naga carry

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Oh I know, but it still was hilarious okay. :colbert:

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
586 CREEP KILLS

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug

TheRat posted:

I agree. Most of this thread doesnt.

I was mostly joking. :) Watching radiance illusions push down creep waves for 20 minutes isn't super exciting but I guess it works so it's probably going to make it's comeback like in TI2.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Majuju posted:

586 CREEP KILLS

Loda is poo poo, guys.

Dr. Capco posted:

I was mostly joking. :) Watching radiance illusions push down creep waves for 20 minutes isn't super exciting but I guess it works so it's probably going to make it's comeback like in TI2.

I just find it hilarious.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

TheQat posted:

She's not going to live through bans to get picked this time around. This playstyle is way more dominant than old Naga carry

Still basically 30 minutes of a slow death. It's not fun to watch :negative:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I'm glad to see Naga's back, I missed her.

verybad
Apr 23, 2010

Now with 100% less DoTA crotchshots

Reoxygenation posted:

I'm loving upset.

All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. This is our fate.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

verybad posted:

All this has happened before, and all of it will happen again. This is our fate.
Looking forward to Morphling coming back for TI4

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

Kainser posted:

Hrmhm yes Loda was poo poo this game.

e; lol the gold graph.

Hey was basing it off of previous games where his micro was bad. Hell he even did a similar thing in that PL game, just splitpushing DK to death and having KOTL transporting him everywhere he needed to be. Except his micro was better this time around.

Meat Recital posted:

Kaipi threw that more than anything. They did NOTHING past the 20 minute mark. It was infuriating.

Also this. They had the momentum and just had to go a little further to secure the game. That co-caster got it exactly right, they had a timing window and they missed it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Kaipi threw that more than anything. They did NOTHING past the 20 minute mark. It was infuriating.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?

verybad posted:

I guess it's off cooldown now.

vvv
Aren't long games risky, in a way? One misplay can cost you the entire game when everyone's so farmed up and deaths are a big deal.

Fecha fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 15, 2014

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
"Long-rear end drawn-out games" are the most surefire way to win tournaments, if you can make them happen. Patches have been working on making it harder for a while now but it's still sometimes possible and you will always see teams trying to do it because it's very safe

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I'm glad to see Naga's back, I missed her.

Likewise, I love the sound of Song of the Siren, especially that opening bass drop.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe
Not only is carry Naga back, but she's now part of a split pushing strat. It's like she's tailor-made to cause the most salt possible and I love it.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

You need some pretty solid items to push highground into chakram/horses/rip tide/fissure/echo/starfall.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

TheQat posted:

"Long-rear end drawn-out games" are the most surefire way to win tournaments, if you can make them happen. Patches have been working on making it harder for a while now but it's still sometimes possible and you will always see teams trying to do it because it's very safe

I never questioned the legitmacy of it, I merely said that it's hella loving boring to watch. There were like 30 kills in a 50 minutes game. I know they have to win the games because yeah that`s their job but that doesn't make it fun or entertaining :v:

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kainser posted:

Looking forward to Morphling coming back for TI4

This but unironically. Watching shotgun morph blow supports the gently caress up never gets old.

Dr. Capco
May 21, 2007

Pillbug
Now it's only a matter of time before Lycan begins his triumphant resurgence as King Annoying rear end in a top hat #1 in professional Dota 2.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

TheRat posted:

You need some pretty solid items to push highground into chakram/horses/rip tide/fissure/echo/starfall.

But there were still T2s up that they didn't even try to push. They could have done something.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Artour B ‏@Arteezy 1 m
loving naga siren

:v:

Kyrosiris posted:

Likewise, I love the sound of Song of the Siren, especially that opening bass drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOvAeTam3Ss xD

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Dr. Capco posted:

Now it's only a matter of time before Lycan begins his triumphant resurgence as King Annoying rear end in a top hat #1 in professional Dota 2.

Lycan should work pretty well in the current necro meta.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I think Speed had a 10-1 kill lead at one point, and were 4? towers ahead, correct?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Majuju posted:

I think Speed had a 10-1 kill lead at one point, and were 4? towers ahead, correct?

Three towers + a deny, but yeah.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Majuju posted:

The last graph I remember was 11k gold and 16k experience.

E: Lol, naga first ban.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Singsing invoker? Ok.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Kainser posted:

You are either seriously underestimating Alliance or overestimating Speed. Alliance have been choking a bit in finals, but they've still been winning a lot overall and it's not as if Speed has been looking amazing post-MLG.

I don't agree, they went out of D2L to a team that was 40% standins and were doing badly enough up to that point that as a result they changed captains (or at least drafters, Loda drafted the first game of this series) and Kelly posted on twitter that changes would be made. That's not "choking a little in finals," that's fundamental team issues.

Reoxygenation
Dec 8, 2010

Naga's banned. I don't care this game is a moral victory to me

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

loving lol, a PL ban

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
Their last ban should be Furion.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

And Alliance should pick Lycan :getin:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Majuju posted:

And Alliance should pick Lycan :getin:

Necro gaming :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Kyrosiris posted:

Necro gaming :getin:

They have Chen, Howl with triple skeletons has to be a loving nightmare.

• Locked thread