Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Midjack posted:

Thanks for those. Part of my problem with team stuff is that I rarely get a chance to play with real people, it's mostly me playing with the computer.

I remember in Next Plus it was a big deal that Freedom could cancel and nobody else could but as of Extreme it seems everything can. Is there any magic to cancelling besides just reaction to what happens, or are there some situations where you deliberately start an action that you intend to cancel?

There are lots of suits that start actions just to cancel them. This can be extremely useful for movement options, as it allows you to move in non-straight lines.

One example is the Susanowo's BC action. You can use 4BC or 6BC to spin in a slashing flurry at a weird angle and it doesn't consume much boost while preserving your momentum. So a lot of Susanowo's will use this action specifically for movement with the intention of cancelling it.

Lots of other suits use the same concept with triangle melee attacks but it all depends on which specific suit you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I'm in an endless cycle of trying to learn how to play the game, having to stop for a bit to focus on other things, then coming back and realizing I've forgotten everything. :negative:

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Well if you're down to relearn or just play casuals we can try to arrange rooms. The replay feature is pretty cool too so gameplay critique is pretty easy if anyone is looking for tips for personal improvement.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DJ Meow Mix (musoumatt) and me (ServiceProviderJ) will be on at 230pm Eastern time this Sunday (11 JAN), if anyone else wants to hop on that would be great. CAUTION: I suck pretty bad.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I'll hop along if you can get another or somethhing(Kyokaider). I too am pretty garbage so it'll be okay.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OK - as soon as we have the room up one of us will post the details here. EDIT: or message me on PSN.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I've got the room up, I'll invite people when I figure out how to do so, one moment.

EDIT: okay invites sent, if it's too laggy we may want to move to someone else hosting.

Dj Meow Mix fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 11, 2015

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
I'll be hopping in/along as well. PSN: FlamencoDeAmigo

I'm already in the room.

Not Dave
Aug 9, 2009

ATAI SUPER DRY IS
BREWED FROM QUALITY
ENGREDIENTS BY USING
OUR PURE CULTURE
YEAST AND ADVANCED
BREWING TECHNIQUES.
I have the distinct feeling I am hitting the wrong buttons in the lobby.

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet
feel free to invite me if you got room psn:shinginh

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

This lag is destroying me, I can't cancel anything right. I've just given up and am playing Doan's Zaku.

I'll invite whoever though

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks for the matches. Epyon scares me every time.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Good poo poo everyone. Shingin you're drat good, we need to play more because I need the practice!

If that was fun for all involved we can try to schedule more of these, just post! I'm free most nights.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Good poo poo everyone. Shingin you're drat good, we need to play more because I need the practice!

If that was fun for all involved we can try to schedule more of these, just post! I'm free most nights.

Thanks for playing, everyone! While I got rocked most matches, I did better than I've done whenever I've played online randomly or play single player on hard so I guess maybe I was wandering into rooms full of people who were way better than I am. I'm still pretty bad though.

I'd love to do this some more - I often don't get home on weekdays until after 8pm Eastern, and Saturdays can be hit or miss for availability, but Sunday afternoons are often consistently free for me.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Midjack posted:

Thanks for playing, everyone! While I got rocked most matches, I did better than I've done whenever I've played online randomly or play single player on hard so I guess maybe I was wandering into rooms full of people who were way better than I am. I'm still pretty bad though.

I'd love to do this some more - I often don't get home on weekdays until after 8pm Eastern, and Saturdays can be hit or miss for availability, but Sunday afternoons are often consistently free for me.

Definitely good to play more, probably faster to catch me on twitter (@corgijorts) if you want to fit a match or two in some night.

Also: you sidestep a little bit too much, you should be consider dashing to go pressure the opponent some more. I guess I can't critique too much though, I started playing pretty bad the more we played haha. I'm not quite good enough to play random as much as I did.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Definitely good to play more, probably faster to catch me on twitter (@corgijorts) if you want to fit a match or two in some night.

Also: you sidestep a little bit too much, you should be consider dashing to go pressure the opponent some more. I guess I can't critique too much though, I started playing pretty bad the more we played haha. I'm not quite good enough to play random as much as I did.

Thanks - I tend to play way too defensively anyway.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
I finally got the game, but the vouchers for the Ex-S and Multiplayer content aren't working. I try to redeem the codes on PS Store and a message pops up, but I can't read the kanji. I got it from PlayAsia during the sale last month and it was new so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Null of Undefined
Aug 4, 2010

I have used 41 of 300 characters allowed.

Iserlohn posted:

I finally got the game, but the vouchers for the Ex-S and Multiplayer content aren't working. I try to redeem the codes on PS Store and a message pops up, but I can't read the kanji. I got it from PlayAsia during the sale last month and it was new so I'm not sure what the problem is.

Do you have a smartphone? If so install Google Translate. It lets you take pictures now so snap a pic and see what it says.

Edit: HEY WAIT A MINUTE aren't you from the BB thread in YLLS?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

Are you in the right PSN store, Asia or Japan, for the version of your copy?

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

peeNamaste posted:

Do you have a smartphone? If so install Google Translate. It lets you take pictures now so snap a pic and see what it says.

Edit: HEY WAIT A MINUTE aren't you from the BB thread in YLLS?

Nah, I don't usually post in YLLS. Your idea was decent, but the problem lies in the fact that it spits out Google Translate gibberish instead of anything resembling proper English.

The most I got from it was "Invalid content. Check Input." I practically have these codes memorized now. I don't see an expiration date on the codes, so... were they used by Play-Asia? Is that a thing? Would it spit out a different message if the codes were already redeemed?

Midjack posted:

Are you in the right PSN store, Asia or Japan, for the version of your copy?

It shipped from Hong Kong, but the game is in Japanese. I registered an account on the Japanese PSN, following the directions in the Import thread. Unless the box and manual in the Asian version is also mostly in Japanese. The help line is in Singapore :psyduck:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

Nah, I don't usually post in YLLS. Your idea was decent, but the problem lies in the fact that it spits out Google Translate gibberish instead of anything resembling proper English.

The most I got from it was "Invalid content. Check Input." I practically have these codes memorized now. I don't see an expiration date on the codes, so... were they used by Play-Asia? Is that a thing? Would it spit out a different message if the codes were already redeemed?

It shipped from Hong Kong, but the game is in Japanese. I registered an account on the Japanese PSN, following the directions in the Import thread. Unless the box and manual in the Asian version is also mostly in Japanese. The help line is in Singapore :psyduck:

The box and manual will probably be in Japanese for the Asian version. Look at the number at the bottom of spine of the case; if the code starts with the letters BLJS then it's the Japanese version, if it starts with BLAS it's Asian.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy

Midjack posted:

The box and manual will probably be in Japanese for the Asian version. Look at the number at the bottom of spine of the case; if the code starts with the letters BLJS then it's the Japanese version, if it starts with BLAS it's Asian.

This was exactly the problem. Made a Hong Kong account and I was set. Thanks for the help, guys!

If anybody wants to play sometime, my PSN ID is Iserlohn_SA.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

This was exactly the problem. Made a Hong Kong account and I was set. Thanks for the help, guys!

If anybody wants to play sometime, my PSN ID is Iserlohn_SA.

Glad it worked!

I'd be up for an hour or two of robot fighting on Sunday afternoon; anyone else down?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I haven't played in literally forever and have probably forgotten all the controls again, but sure why not. Do you have an exact time?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

230 Eastern time on Sunday afternoon seemed to work OK last time.

I'm ServiceProviderJ, and I suck kinda bad.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Lipstick Apathy
I don't get off work until 2:00 CST, but I'll try to get in on the action if it goes on for a bit.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Iserlohn posted:

I don't get off work until 2:00 CST, but I'll try to get in on the action if it goes on for a bit.

What time is good for you? I have no schedule.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm fine with anything that isn't 3-5 PM Pacific, since I run a gunpla club at that point.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

OK, how about 4pm Eastern - that's 3pm Central and 1pm Pacific, should work for everyone for a couple of hours before we start hitting things later in the day. BlitzBlast, what's your PSN account for this region?

Midjack - ServiceProviderJ
Iserlohn - Iserlohn_SA (the first character is an i and the fifth is an L)
BlitzBlast -

I'll try to get the room up a few minutes early but if one of you guys hops on and sends out the invites that's cool too.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

It's BlitzBlastSA. Though it looks like to actually get online to work I need a JPN PSN account so it'll accept my online pass?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

It's BlitzBlastSA. Though it looks like to actually get online to work I need a JPN PSN account so it'll accept my online pass?

Yeah, you have to download the pass from the PSN store in the region the game is from. It's a code in the box.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I'm up, room is called "Cool Dudes". Send me a friend request and I can invite you directly in.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Well I can see the room but I can't seem to join it?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I sent an invitation, is it not working?

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I dunno, was something supposed to pop up?

EDIT: Oh there we go.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

I dunno, was something supposed to pop up?

Yeah, you should have gotten a message from me. I recreated teh room as a public room, try joiing again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Yeah I found the message. Accepted it, then immediately declined because of X/O shenanigans. :downs:

Well I guess it doesn't matter now.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

How do I switch my character, what is going ooooon

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

How do I switch my character, what is going ooooon

press triangle in the lobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU