Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

This has been my year to date so far in cash games, pretty much all at $2/$5 NLHE. After a pretty slow start to the year, the past few months have been really good to me. I read 2+2 more often now which has helped, but the advice here is still usually best even if there aren't too many posters. And as I mentioned in the other thread, I think my mindset has been much better over the past few months.

And of course I recently won the $200k guarantee tournament for $40k plus the trip to Aruba. There are like 5 or 6 other regulars that I am friends with that are going to Aruba too, so it should be a lot of fun.

Basically my year has owned so far.

2014 Cash Games
Total profit: $18356
Hours played: 288.75
Hourly rate: $63.57/hour
Approximate BB/100 (assuming 30 hands per hour): 42.37 BB/100

2014 Tournaments
Total buy in amount: $9177
Total profit: $35670
Tournaments played: 20
ROI: 388.69%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinky2099
May 27, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
God drat, good poo poo. I'm running around $35/hour at $1/$2 homegames but have been getting raped during my first few sessions of 2/5 and 5/10. I've got a week off between work and school where I'm going to try to get 70 hours of 2/5 in.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER
This thread is great -- but where did all the poker goons go to?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Played three tournaments at the WSOP circuit in West Palm Beach this weekend. I managed 5th in the $1125 buy-in event for $6749, got knocked out with KK against QQ AIPF, he hit a Q on the river. Would have been in great shape to win that tournament if I won that hand.

Then I managed to stone-bubble the main event. I opened AKo with 20 BBs in the CO, the table chip leader with like 130 BBs was in the SB and shoved and I called it off. He had 88 and the board came A238x. Really didn't give a crap about min-cashing, not really great with ICM but I assume calling it off there is fine, I figure I'm usually way ahead here when a competent chip leader shoves here expecting a fold a large percentage of the time.

Then I played a $365 and lost set under set in like the third level.

2014 Cash Games
Total profit: $18356
Hours played: 288.75
Hourly rate: $63.57/hour
Approximate BB/100 (assuming 30 hands per hour): 42.37 BB/100

2014 Tournaments
Total buy in amount: $12343
Total profit: $39254
Tournaments played: 23
ROI: 318.03%

Itachia
Aug 24, 2009
Only just found this thread! Great read!

I call there with 20BBs on the bubble with AKo, I am not aiming for a min cash any day. Good call in my opinion.

Keep it up!

Good luck on the felt.

• Locked thread