Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orv
May 4, 2011

fookolt posted:

The really stupid thing is that they spent all that money...and went with 2560x1440. Did their budget run out before they could get a 4K monitor?

They're running an Eyefinity 2560x1440 x 3 setup, because reasons. Most games don't support Eyefinity (and never will) so most of the footage they pull down is 2560x1440 max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Orv posted:

They're running an Eyefinity 2560x1440 x 3 setup, because reasons. Most games don't support Eyefinity (and never will) so most of the footage they pull down is 2560x1440 max.

A big disappointment I found after I got my 3x27" monitors. Doesn't matter if the screens can be combined, unless the game has flexible UI elements (which most won't for some time), you're going to be turning your head just to see your health, ammo, and whatever else is put in the 4 corners of the screen.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

bonds0097 posted:

Yeah, I'm excited for all the different combat animations. It's probably what I love most in the Arkham and Assassin's Creed games (lunging at someone with a tomahawk never got old for me). The stealth kills had some variety to them too, from that PC video (throat slitting vs. stab in the side of the face for example).

Some of the dagger kills are supposed to be brutal, and I'm loving pumped for that.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So that minimum spec of Phenom II Quad... how seriously should that be taken?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Chaltab posted:

So that minimum spec of Phenom II Quad... how seriously should that be taken?

No-one who knows is saying, and none of us know.

E: Kotaku published their review, and while Kotaku is Kotaku, they noted that they played 23 hours... for 35% completion.

Orv fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 26, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Orv posted:

E: Kotaku published their review, and while Kotaku is Kotaku, they noted that they played 23 hours... for 35% completion.

Uh. poo poo. If that holds up, that's crazy.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance
What I really like about the Nemesis system is that the sort of dynamic metanarrative or extranarrative stuff we've seen in games like Mount & Blade, Dwarf Fortress, and Din's Curse is now coming to really pretty (relatively speaking) AAA games.

Din's Curse: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/08/dins-curse-review/

I look forward to seeing it become a big feature in more AAA games.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I hadn't actually watched any of the gameplay videos yet but I just watched about 20 minutes from the middle of that 3 hour video and hooooly poo poo I shouldn't have cause this weekend is gonna kill me.

fookolt
Mar 13, 2012

Where there is power
There is resistance

Epi Lepi posted:

I hadn't actually watched any of the gameplay videos yet but I just watched about 20 minutes from the middle of that 3 hour video and hooooly poo poo I shouldn't have cause this weekend is gonna kill me.

Where's the 3 hour video?

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Christ, I'm so ready to pre-order the PC version but I'm trying to hold back until more PC reviews come in. The PC gamer footage looked really promising and the control scheme looked similar to the Batman games.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

fookolt posted:

Where's the 3 hour video?

http://www.twitch.tv/twitch/b/570532139

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Thank you for managing to objectively prove that I should never listen to Destructiod with a single picture. I like how even the review blurb doesn't believe itself. "Well, it might lack replay value, and it could have some faults, maybe". Dude even says "or" instead of "and". Which of these problems does it have? I can't even tell.

That's the generic blurb Destructoid puts on all their 7/10s. They have one for every score, just so you know what the number approximates to.

And Conrad Zimmerman's a class act. Just because he didn't give Dark Souls a millionty out of ten it doesn't mean Destructoid's not worth listening to at all (although he no longer works at Destructoid and I'm not a fan of Chris Carter).

Who the hell equates a single reviewer's review with all the reviews a site gives in this day and age though? 'Man A hates game but it's ok because Man B who also works for this company hates a game I like. This company hates games that I like!'.

loving dense.

P-niiice
May 21, 2001

I have you now.

Orv posted:

Aw gently caress yase

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Orv posted:

How much of that is just random loving around though? Because I tend to be pretty organized about my open world gaming and will actively hop from one side quest/mini-game to the next whereas I will rarely, if ever, just randomly gently caress around. My time for gaming is minimal these days so I have to be a bit more efficient.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Steve2911 posted:

That's the generic blurb Destructoid puts on all their 7/10s. They have one for every score, just so you know what the number approximates to.

And Conrad Zimmerman's a class act. Just because he didn't give Dark Souls a millionty out of ten it doesn't mean Destructoid's not worth listening to at all (although he no longer works at Destructoid and I'm not a fan of Chris Carter).

Who the hell equates a single reviewer's review with all the reviews a site gives in this day and age though? 'Man A hates game but it's ok because Man B who also works for this company hates a game I like. This company hates games that I like!'.

loving dense.

I wasn't reading Destructoid before I saw that, so it doesn't really matter. Chill out yo.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Naky posted:

How much of that is just random loving around though? Because I tend to be pretty organized about my open world gaming and will actively hop from one side quest/mini-game to the next whereas I will rarely, if ever, just randomly gently caress around. My time for gaming is minimal these days so I have to be a bit more efficient.

In a purely mechanistic sense, who knows how efficient they were... but I think we can assume they weren't simply grinding out runes. They were probably trying to explore new things and have fun, mixing story and nemesis meta-game, so if 35% = 23 hours of fun, then expecting 23h/0.35=65 hours of equal fun is a reasonable expectation, which is a pretty good deal for the price, even at the full $50.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I decided to pick this up on GMG since I was able to get it down to $30. I have a pretty good PC with a processor that needs to be updated (Quadcore, was great in 2007). Should I still be able to play this on minimum?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I wasn't reading Destructoid before I saw that, so it doesn't really matter. Chill out yo.

Heh didn't mean for that to read so aggressive. Apologies.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008

Spikeguy posted:

I decided to pick this up on GMG since I was able to get it down to $30. I have a pretty good PC with a processor that needs to be updated (Quadcore, was great in 2007). Should I still be able to play this on minimum?

If you have a decent video card, and drop some of the settings, I would expect so. I'm sure the Nemesis system doesn't use that much CPU. If you can play Arkham City or Origins, I don't see why you'd have a problem here.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Great. I have issues with Watchdogs despite an amazing video card and it is seemingly down to my processor. I'm waiting to upgrade it after my next tax refund hopefully because I have to get a new case and motherboard along with it.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Watch_Dogs is poorly optimized, if at all.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
While some aspects of Watchdogs interests me... not $60 worth. I'll wait till it comes down to 75% off.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Hark, a new thread!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Skandranon posted:

While some aspects of Watchdogs interests me... not $60 worth. I'll wait till it comes down to 75% off.

Yeah I only got it because it came free when I bought my new video card.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Good Lord, is there a faster method of time traveling to Tuesday other than our standard "be alive" mode? :stare:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

TotalHell posted:

Some of the dagger kills are supposed to be brutal, and I'm loving pumped for that.

Same here. Every dagger kill I've seen has been a straight up prison shank surprise.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^
This game actually sounds promising. I liked the sandbox enemy system stuff as soon as they announced it way back and the reviews are decent so far.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Kotaku posted:

"Young man!" one spry, crabby-looking orc named Mugluk I still haven't managed to kill calls out every time I pass within shouting distance of him. The camera zooms in on his face for a moment as his sickly greenish lips peel back into a cruel smile. Oh god, I always think. Not this rear end in a top hat again.

"I've lived a long time," Mugluk might say. Yeah, you sure as poo poo have. (Mordor is the kind of game that makes you curse a lot, if that wasn't already clear). "You've lived many times. That tells me one of us is careless enough to die."

I might hate Mugluk more than anything in Mordor right now. But I've gotta hand it to him: the orc's got a point. I haven't managed to kill him yet.

:getin:

It's followed by an image of him fighting, saying "LADDY BOY, AN URUK DOESN'T GET OLD LIKE ME BY LOSING A FIGHT."

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Steam preload is live.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

TheCenturion posted:

Steam preload is live.

33gb. :getin:

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

Yessssssss. Now let's just hope it has replay value, I've been waiting on a new console RPG for far too long now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
All right, I guess it's time to close this thread.

Here's the link for the new one again: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3667879&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

• Locked thread