Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scrooger
Feb 26, 2006
Mastodon, deafheaven and meshuggah. Do they always get heavy acts like that for Bonnaroo? Might have to find my way out to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

BONNAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :dong:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Jacked for Roo. Kanye and Elton John are on my bucket list shows.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jack White, Elton John, Danny loving Brown. Yep, I'll take a ticket please and thank you.

TheAbortionator
Mar 4, 2005

How the gently caress is outkast playing 44 festivals, and bonnaroo gets kanye west instead.

I went in 2012 and people were still spray painting "gently caress kanye" everywhere.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Jack White, Elton John, Danny loving Brown. Yep, I'll take a ticket please and thank you.

Yes sir! Elton is keeping me there Sunday night.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

TheAbortionator posted:

How the gently caress is outkast playing 44 festivals, and bonnaroo gets kanye west instead.

I went in 2012 and people were still spray painting "gently caress kanye" everywhere.

They were still spraying it last year, too. I've gone in '11, '12, and '13, and "gently caress Kanye" was everywhere each year. It's a part of Bonnaroo culture at this point. The Bonnaroo Facebook page is exploding with rage.

It's a strange choice, but I guess they're willing to try it again. If he's late this time, people may riot.

Either way, the "gently caress Kanye" will be strong with Bonnaroovians this year.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Jesus Christ, wish I could go to Bonnaroo.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

thrawn527 posted:

They were still spraying it last year, too. I've gone in '11, '12, and '13, and "gently caress Kanye" was everywhere each year. It's a part of Bonnaroo culture at this point. The Bonnaroo Facebook page is exploding with rage.

It's a strange choice, but I guess they're willing to try it again. If he's late this time, people may riot.

Either way, the "gently caress Kanye" will be strong with Bonnaroovians this year.

Should make for a good rant.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I'm not too excited for Kanye but I think he's the ticket to getting my brother to go so hey.

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I posted the Bonnagoons thread in Goon Meets if anybody is interested in camping with us. We've been doing it for a few years now, and it's always a fan-loving-tastic time.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3610207

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

I will not reveal the bonnaroo goon camp secret unless you camp with us

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

scrooger posted:

Mastodon, deafheaven and meshuggah. Do they always get heavy acts like that for Bonnaroo? Might have to find my way out to this.

There are always a few. Mastodon's done it a few times. Isis, Baroness and Kylesa have all been there.

Common Ground Festival in Lansing, MI announced the line-up for their first out of six(!) days. I would definitely be down to get a one-day ticket for this bill. All I know about the other days is that 311 is the headliner on the second day (barf) and that the third day will be headlined by a country singer named Justin Moore. I think they try to make each day appealing to fans of certain genres.

Also in Michigan is BLED Fest, which doesn't exactly fit what most of this thread about, but is still always a great time. It's a typically punk/emo/hardcore/post-hardcore/screamo festival held in a high school. They've been announcing one artist per day as part of "Free Ticket February."

Confirmed so far:
Hawthorne Heights (LOL)
Title Fight
The Menzingers
Bane
Dads
Old Gray
Self Defense Family
Man Overboard
Transit
The Flatliners
Endeavors
Cruel Hand
Pentimento
Direct Hit!
Dr. Manhattan
Young Statues
Knuckle Puck
Forever Came Calling
The Saddest Landscape
Maps for Travelers
Grey Gordon

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

scrooger posted:

Seeing Opeth in 2011 was weird, considering the environment. I'm stoked.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

thrawn527 posted:

I'm starting to think "Bonnaroovians" are assholes. OH NO KAYNE BOOOOO

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Bliggers- posted:

I'm starting to think "Bonnaroovians" are assholes. OH NO KAYNE BOOOOO

Nah, just the idiots that are stuck on that worn out joke. It shouldn't be a thing anymore and the guys who booked him even did a segment of an interview saying how it's about forgiveness and letting Kanye go hard.

Bonus vid of me getting ready for bonnaroo but being stuck at work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-y1N29vH2Y

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Going to Moogfest with a VIP ticket. loving stoked.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I cannot get to the ticket site anymore for Bonnaroo tickets. Getting frustrated.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

Regnevelc posted:

I cannot get to the ticket site anymore for Bonnaroo tickets. Getting frustrated.

Servers are swamped from literally 40000 people trying to get tickets. They will still be there if you check back in an hour or 2. At least you're not stuck here (I hope) like I am

:lol:

E: eh gently caress it. I'm gonna go get lunch and try again later.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Burn Zone posted:

Seeing Opeth in 2011 was weird, considering the environment. I'm stoked.
The crowd adapts to the artist. Everyone at Baroness last year had black shirts on. :psyduck:

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Ended up having to get Tier 4 pricing, even though I had Tier 2 tickets in my shopping cart until they booted me out when I hit 'continue'.

Annoying.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I can't remember where I heard this but someone either told me or once said that you could go down to Austin during SXSW and not even have to attend the actual festival to get a good show.

Well I'm not in position to purchase a pass to the festival, but I do have friends in Austin so should I go anyway? I've got some vacation to burn and just need a reason really.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

John Brown posted:

Well I'm not in position to purchase a pass to the festival, but I do have friends in Austin so should I go anyway? I've got some vacation to burn and just need a reason really.

Yeah, its typically how the locals do it. Things have been changing a little bit though. Typically the way it used to be done is you didn't need a wristband and a lot of the events were free, but, you'd need to RSVP in advance for the showcase. You can find lists of interesting showcases to RSVP for on blogs, and a lot of times they're free and the drinks would be free too. What has changed is, people with wristbands get priority to these events (which has always been the case), but there are a lot more people with wristbands now and there is a higher likelihood of the spots filling up, and people getting shut out. A lot of other shows with name acts will sell tickets at the door, but again, if it gets filled up with wristbanders, which has been increasingly the case, you'll get shut out. SXSW has been getting pretty big the past few years and its getting to be a bit of a shitshow. Camping out at a showcase for free boos and maybe seeing a good band (but probably not) never had much appeal for me, personally. If you're in the music industry though it can be great.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
SXSW is great and this will be my 4th year doing it free. You can get a wristband or a badge but they cost too much money IMO and would prefer just going to the free parties.

Fader fort, spotify house, vans house and some others are free and are going to be great.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I don't read blogs so I'm not familiar with which ones would be ideal to follow. Would Twitter be a good substitute to find out where acts are playing?

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
Osheaga is announcing their lineup on Tuesday at noon. In the meantime, they are having a contest to guess the lineup from this picture: .

All I got so far are Jack White and Outkast...I am horrible with bands. Their website has a zoom on it for closer examination.

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Mar 7, 2014

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Sphinx posted:

Osheaga is announcing their lineup on Tuesday at noon. In the meantime, they are having a contest to guess the lineup from this picture: .

All I got so far are Jack White and Outkast...I am horrible with bands. Their website has a zoom on it for closer examination.

I can't get their drat website to work, every time I hit the "ADD" button or hit the Enter key to try to add an artist it just refreshes the page and gives me the intro about what to do. What gives?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Sphinx posted:

They could have tried a bit harder with Gogol Bordello

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
I've been working on a huge list but Arctic Monkeys, QOTSA and Nick Cave are also on there so I will be attending.

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe
Dec 6, 2005
Here is the official lineup for Osheaga:

So many music festivals to go to, so little money :(
E: Anyone know how long Osheaga tickets last for?

The Isle Of Sparky Munroe fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 11, 2014

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?

Sphinx posted:

Here is the official lineup for Osheaga:

I hope they last long enough for me to poo poo or get off the pot as far as whether I want to/can afford to go or not. :ohdear:

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
My god I hope the rumored headliners for Lollapalooza that the Chicago Tribune posted today aren't true. Kings of Leon and Eminem again? Didn't they just do it like 2 years ago? Arctic Monkeys are fine, maybe not headline worthy in the states and loving Skrillex. Color me unimpressed especially in a year that Outkast and Jack White are on the circuit.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Sphinx posted:

Only the last two years actually sold out, and not until way closer to the festival, like a week beforehand.

There's no way they sell out before Single Day passes go on sale and that won't be for another month at least. They will announce the rest of the lineup then too.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

Djarum posted:

My god I hope the rumored headliners for Lollapalooza that the Chicago Tribune posted today aren't true. Kings of Leon and Eminem again? Didn't they just do it like 2 years ago? Arctic Monkeys are fine, maybe not headline worthy in the states and loving Skrillex. Color me unimpressed especially in a year that Outkast and Jack White are on the circuit.

Luckily there are many smaller festivals with actual camping nearby. Lollapalooza is basically the loser brother of festivals.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Nail Rat posted:

Luckily there are many smaller festivals with actual camping nearby. Lollapalooza is basically the loser brother of festivals.

See that is why I like Lollapalooza. I can watch bands all day, leave go back to my nice air conditioned secure hotel room, take a shower, change into clean clothes and have a nice dinner. Let alone being able to sleep in a actual bed with peace and quiet.

I understand for a lot of people the camping thing is a big part of these festival experiences, it is just not for me. I am the type guy renting a house outside of Coachella to stay at instead of camping. Lollapalooza hits everything I need as it is in the middle of downtown Chicago so I don't have to work to get there, I am not at the festival's whims for food as I can leave and eat better and cheaper, and when the day is done I have a multitude of entertainment and dining options.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

To me it's more than just the lack of camping. It's the fact the music stops at ten PM. There aren't words for how lame that is. Yeah there are aftershows that are very hard to get tickets for and cost more, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Even shows at the amphitheater in Tinley Park can go past 11. Meanwhile most camping festivals have music past four AM.

Also you're generally allowed to bring in your own booze and food to camping festivals, not the case at Lollapalooza, so the eating/drinking better and cheaper isn't necessarily applicable.

Nail Rat fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 19, 2014

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
TURF lineup has finalized, some great additions including Beirut and Jeff Tweedy. I bought an early bird VIP pass.

gabi
Sep 10, 2008

Nail Rat posted:

Also you're generally allowed to bring in your own booze and food to camping festivals, not the case at Lollapalooza, so the eating/drinking better and cheaper isn't necessarily applicable.
In previous years that was less of a problem if you knew how to hide a flask, but last year the security was nuts both at the gate and in the festival. I've gone for a few years in a row now because it's a short trip for me, I hate camping, and I can stay and visit with friends in the city for free; but last year was weird enough that I'm not even considering it this year.

OniKun
Jul 23, 2003

Cheap Mexican Labor since the late 80's
Sasquatch Weekend #2 was cancelled due to lackluster ticket sales. That's pretty nuts.

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2014/03/sasquatch_cancelled_second_weekend.html for an article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the last signal...
Apr 16, 2009

OniKun posted:

Sasquatch Weekend #2 was cancelled due to lackluster ticket sales. That's pretty nuts.

http://www.oregonlive.com/music/index.ssf/2014/03/sasquatch_cancelled_second_weekend.html for an article.

Just read this and can't believe it. Live Nation is awful.

• Locked thread