Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've got myself tickets to Sonisphere Festival in Knebworth this year, so Far the line-up is mostly band's I can have fun with (Metallica,Slayer,Iron Maiden, Prodigy) but I'm not huge fans off.

It'll be my first festival not staying in the main campsite so I'm quite excited.

Oh I forgot this day festival as well, Send more paramedics are my favourite band so I can't wait...

Gaz2k21 fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

henpod posted:

I'm going too! It's my first festival ever, plus I'm there for all three days. I think it'll be a baptism of fire.

You've made a good choice, ive done all of the "Big 3" Rock/Metal Festivals Over the years (Reading/Leeds,Download,Sonisphere)plus several of the smaller one's and Soni is by far the most fun and well organised.

FYI Friday is Wrestling day I hope you've got your outfit sorted, I'm going as Bret "The Hitman" Hart :clint:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

henpod posted:

Awesome! Also, didnt know about wrestling day. I might hide that fact from my friends who are also going for the first time and enjoy their confusion.

Any tips for a newbie, like, things you wish you had the first time you went. Wet wipes? Lube?

My first time at a festival I didn't take a tent so yeah take a tent for definite....

I recommend wet wipes/toilet roll/sun lotion/bottled water(for drinking and washing) as essential's, put any spirits your planning on taking into plastic bottle's, glass isn't allowed in the campsite, earplug's for sleeping are a good tip as well as an eyemask if your sensitive to light like me.

A camping chair with a can holder and a small battery operated CD Player will greatly improve your campsite/social experience and if you are hoping for some sweet sweet festival campsite loving try to get it in on the thursday or friday as people tend to be a bit "ripe" as the festival goes on.
Money is important I budget about £100 a day for food,booze and merch which is overkill really but better to have more than less I personally prefer going into the arena when it open's and staying in most of the day watching band's.

Bring some non perishable foodstuff's with you like cereal bar's etc there's loads of food van's in the arena but there all much the same and quite expensive, there are a few awesome one's though.
Don't camp to near the arena and definitely explore the campsite after the bands stop there's always crazy poo poo going down.

Check out the Sonisphere and efestivals forums (I post on them under similar names) there's some fun discussion's on there.

Watch BABYMETAL and If you see a Drunk guy dressed as Bret Hart with an arm full of tattoo's (or on any other day look's a bit like Jamey Jasta from Hatebreed) feel free to say Hello.

It's a bit haphazard but I hope that helps...

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

henpod posted:

Haha, this is good advice! Thanks. I definitely would have gotten my booze confiscated, so the plastic bottle thing is a good shout. How's the weed thing there, I plan to take a whole bunch with me - or is it quite difficult to get it in and smoke?

I will keep an eye out for you! I shall bellow GOON.

Hahahaha I'll keep an ear out, I don't smoke myself but my friends usually have some (amongst various other narcotics) with them, your best bet is to hide it on you somewhere as I've never seen anyone searched maybe a rubdown here and there, I've definitely seen bags get searched.

One of my smarter friends will usually hide it between cans in a crate of beer and glue's it sealed.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

henpod posted:

To anyone who's been to Sonisphere in Knebworth in the past - Would it be ok to roll up Friday morning, or should we go on Thursday evening to make sure we get camping space. My friend is planting the seed of doubt in my mind.

Cheers!

You'll be fine on the Friday, all the places close to the arena will be taken but they are the worst anyway, it'll probably be easier for you as you'll miss the huge rush to get in on the Thursday.

• Locked thread