Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

The Dave posted:

Was anyone else taken back by how horribly green screened the car driving scenes looked in this last episode?

For a show that's so visually amazing they really took me by surprise and made me laugh. Looked like a SNL sketch.

I did notice they were using very exaggerated motions with the steering wheel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
one awesome thing about getting Mcconaughey and Harrelson is it sets a good standard for casting anything else they do. They can probably at least approach anybody they want for season 2 and be taken seriously.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
exactly. the stuff we see from before 2012 has to be taken as true and the killer wouldn't spend an entire night looking through old cases to find a possible connection to their case, etc.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I tried reading Lovecraft a while back but just couldn't get into it at all. I'm up for giving it another shot using the stories you mentioned as a guide. I'm reading The King In Yellow right now because of this show and that's going okay so I'm probably up for it.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I liked Marty that episode too. I was super nervous when he went into the bar but he handled himself well enough. He's a cop who knows his business.

Why did he go inside in the first place though...?

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I am of the probably wrong opinion that TV Directors don't matter all that much. The writers/show runner do all the heavy lifting. The tone and style of a show is already in place.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I like Farrell but I hope they let him act with his normal accent. Seems to work out better for him.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
I just read that Rachael McAdams is confirmed but I haven't bothered looking for a source.

She's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Friday Night Lights is a pretty awesome show and he's pretty awesome in it. I don't think I've seen any of his films though.

• Locked thread