Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coleman
May 5, 2011

This just in: Beverly Hills 90210, Cleveland Browns 3.
Finally got this uploaded, I'm really terrible with video editing (as in totally clueless), so awesome dude Adventuro whipped this up for me. Matchmaking with some friends on my alt account, here's a boost not a lot of people know about, and how to get it to work perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTIKcsPyvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

I'm always amazed that teams can be so dumb. Not to not find you, that I get. I run past dudes all the time in sneaky places and I need to get better at it.

But they just abandon the bomb with >5 seconds on the clock. Ugh.

Coleman
May 5, 2011

RadioPassive posted:

I'm always amazed that teams can be so dumb. Not to not find you, that I get. I run past dudes all the time in sneaky places and I need to get better at it.

But they just abandon the bomb with >5 seconds on the clock. Ugh.
i dunno if it comes through on the video, but they were actually gone a lot longer than that. I waited up there a good 5-10 seconds before dropping to defuse, and they were already well gone.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

As a really terrible player should I not be doing competitive mode? I assumed it would be placing me against other bad players but people are getting mad at how bad I am and I don't want to ruin games.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

soscannonballs posted:

As a really terrible player should I not be doing competitive mode? I assumed it would be placing me against other bad players but people are getting mad at how bad I am and I don't want to ruin games.

If you've never played before then play some casual or deathmatch first. That said, gently caress the haters and play competitive and you'll get better.

The thing is you have to get 10 wins to get ranked. Right now you're up against all the other unranked people, some of which are actually amazingly good. Once you power through 10 wins you'll get placed in the low Silver ranks and then it'll be all newbs for awhile. :)

Coleman posted:

Finally got this uploaded, I'm really terrible with video editing (as in totally clueless), so awesome dude Adventuro whipped this up for me. Matchmaking with some friends on my alt account, here's a boost not a lot of people know about, and how to get it to work perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsTIKcsPyvA

Hahaha, the music :allears: I know its Diddy Kong, which track? Frosty Village?

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

soscannonballs posted:

In my smurfing experience, i've noticed people at the lower ranks seem to get more angry at bad players than at higher ranks. Doesn't really make sense to me, since I'd expect people at the lower ranks to be kind of bad... But it's definitely something I've noticed.

But, people still get mad at the higher ranks too, and will call you bad over anything. I wouldn't worry about it too much. Players in CS:GO just like to rage.

I'd say just play MM. Deathmatch is good too, but it's really only good for practicing your aim. You need to play MM to learn timing, flashes, smokes, camp spots ect ect. So, do both. DM for practicing aim, and MM for practicing strats. Don't worry about your rank too much, it really doesn't matter much and as you improve your rank will naturally go up.

Apogee15 fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jan 18, 2014

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Oh I did the 10 win thing to get my rank. Unsurprisingly it put me at Silver 1. I went up to Silver 2 last night playing with some friends who are a lot better than I am. Basically my thought process is the people who are complaining can't be that great otherwise they wouldn't be getting paired with me. I just wanted to make sure this was correct so I don't poo poo up games.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.
You should play goonmans, and listen to everything that gets yelled at you.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I wanna play Goonmans tonight, but I never have before. Is that cool? I'm horrible.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
If you don't have much playtime in and are still in the Silvers you'll probably have a bad time. Spectate a couple of games before you jump in just to see what you're dealing with.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Deathadder 2013 review 7 days later:

Left mouse clicker broke today, had to bring it to microcenter and exchange it lol. Down with the modern mouse swine.

Mouse still owns for owning peoples heads tho

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Speaking of mice problems, I love how the Steelseries Sensei feels but it's far from the most durable mouse I've ever used. I first had the original Sensei for about 6 months before one of the thumb buttons broke, and then the mousewheel broke about 6 months after that.

So about 2 months ago I replaced it with the "Sensei Raw" which is a cheaper version without the LCD screen. Now the same thumb button has broken. I don't slam my mouse around or anything and I just use that thumb button for push-to-talk.

I used to think Razer mice weren't very durable, but all of them that I used worked fully for longer than this.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

If there's one thing I love more than GruntKilla420, it's the Queen! Also bacon.

mcvey posted:

If you don't have much playtime in and are still in the Silvers you'll probably have a bad time.

I'm almost in the silvers and I do just fine sometimes.

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone
Still using my 2005ish Deathadder (I think that's how old it is).

Had 3 mice inbetween that died fairly quickly.

Worst was a Roccat Kone+ that lasted a week. I ordered it online from the uk before they were here in North America, so couldn't RMA it cheaply :/

I'm pretty scared for when I have to abandon this mouse for good. It's on its last legs for sure.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Daeno posted:

Worst was a Roccat Kone+ that lasted a week. I ordered it online from the uk before they were here in North America, so couldn't RMA it cheaply :/

I'm pretty scared for when I have to abandon this mouse for good. It's on its last legs for sure.

It must be 2006, because I remember gifting one to my friend in that year, they just appeared on the stores then.

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
I'm using a WMO 1.1a, it's great. I haven't overclocked my USB ports tho

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Daeno posted:

oh god I'm using a kone+ and holy poo poo this is a horrible mouse.
It constantly gets dust stuck in the laser and I lose tracking
the scroll wheel and middle mouse broken both do lame poo poo (the scroll wheel sometimes will scroll up a bit while I'm trying to scroll down and vice verse, and the mouse3 doesn't always press down.)

zaphod42 posted:

Frosty Village?
Yes.

Jellidelic fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jan 18, 2014

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I'm using the new steelseries rival and it's a loving fantastic mouse. The rubberised sides are so loving comfy and it just fits my hand so well, and I definitely got a lot better at CS when I traded up to it from my venerable MX518.

Powerful Wizard IRL
Aug 8, 2007

-_- CS Depression? -_-
Ask your admin if BanMe® is right for you!
^o^
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=216766151&searchtext=

We're playing this map

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

People can stop making CS frag videos forever. I just made something of unsurpassed beauty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cQVmdJP9x4

Jellidelic
Nov 28, 2011

Fat Lou posted:

People can stop making CS frag videos forever. I just made something of unsurpassed beauty.

Pomp and Circumcized
Dec 23, 2006

While amusing, this shirt is wrong for pretty much the whole goon CS population.

Try this

Pomp and Circumcized fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jan 18, 2014

RedQueen
Apr 21, 2007

It takes all the running you can do just to stay in the same place.
Do you guys run into 15+ minute MM queues often? This seems broken. There are 3500+ people in the MM queue.

I have a bunch of demo/hostage maps selected, I've tried restarting, and it's still searching after 20 minutes. The estimated time is worthless because it just adds another minute whenever you reach the target time. I'm gold nova 1, it shouldn't be this hard to play.

RedQueen fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 18, 2014

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

That usually means the MM servers are down. It happens occasionally and is usually fixed within an hour.

40 OZ
May 16, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euGpZVGhSU

I guess the joke is on me since this elite team utterly destroyed us in the overall game. Not this round, though.

40 OZ fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jan 18, 2014

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->

40 OZ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8euGpZVGhSU

I guess the joke is on me since this elite team utterly destroyed us.

12 bullets vs 100. This is a textbook "going in one-by-one" failure.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

jerkstoresup posted:

12 bullets vs 100. This is a textbook "going in one-by-one" failure.

Not even that, they could have just held a few positions around the site and waited for him to enter but noooope gotta get them kills. They knew where he was, there are only two places he could exit kitchen, they just had to wait a bit. The last two could have even set up an easy crossfire but they both play the same spot.

You even see this in a lot of NA pro games where it's always challenge challenge challenge with little patience.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I had fun on Italy with some buds last night.

http://youtu.be/QTMXwVR82CM

Here's a thing I made because of it.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Why am I just now finding out about
code:
cl_radar_scale 0.5
?

Wow just wow.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

iBP vs Titan(Very Games) going on right now for the ESEA LAN finals. Titan has to win one bo3, iBP has to win two bo3s.

First bo3: iBP > Titan 16:9, 16:14.

What up now french belgians?

mcvey fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Jan 19, 2014

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

mcvey posted:

iBP vs Titan(Very Games) going on right now for the ESEA LAN finals. Titan has to win one bo3, iBP has to win two bo3s.

First bo3: iBP > Titan 16:9, 16:14.

What up now french belgians?

I haven't kept up with the pro CS:GO scene but I'm seriously shocked that iBP won the last 2 maps.

Hopefully they can keep it up on Cache right now.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Daltony posted:

I haven't kept up with the pro CS:GO scene but I'm seriously shocked that iBP won the last 2 maps.

Hopefully they can keep it up on Cache right now.

You jinxed them.

John T Scrungus
Oct 23, 2010

:confused:

teagone posted:

You jinxed them.

Well they've managed to send it into overtime, is there still hope?

edit: gently caress I guess I did jinx them.

John T Scrungus fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 19, 2014

Coleman
May 5, 2011

Dazed slipping away into A is one of the best single plays I've seen in a long time. That was so perfect.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

iBP > Titan for ESEA Grand Finals
16:9 de_season
16:14 de_dust2

15:19 de_cache
16:11 de_nuke
16:14 de_inferno

Nice to see them win it as they've been often regarded as chokers on LAN and NAs #2 team. Plus they were up against the #1/2 team in the world with easily 2 of the top 5 players in it. They've got some great players on their team, seem like genuinely nice guys and stream a lot on twitch. Hopefully this provides a good boost for NA CS.

Now we just need to get Cache and Season into the rotations of other tournaments or it's gonna be CS:Inferno Offensive all over again at EMS.

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Over the past day I have found out that 360 no scoping pubbies is one of the most rewarding experiences in all of Counter Strike. Last night I almost got three 360 no scopes in a row, but my second and third shots were a fraction of a second too late and my teammates already killed them. Hell, I shot the gun out of midair for the third guy. My goal is to get a 5k with just 360 no scopes. This might take a couple months, but being that I am sandbagging my ranking with this it can only get easier. Also, I have yet to come in last just doing this (and using pistols on save rounds).

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Fat Lou posted:

Over the past day I have found out that 360 no scoping pubbies is one of the most rewarding experiences in all of Counter Strike. Last night I almost got three 360 no scopes in a row, but my second and third shots were a fraction of a second too late and my teammates already killed them. Hell, I shot the gun out of midair for the third guy. My goal is to get a 5k with just 360 no scopes. This might take a couple months, but being that I am sandbagging my ranking with this it can only get easier. Also, I have yet to come in last just doing this (and using pistols on save rounds).

How haven't you been overwatched yet?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Are Sesame Goons us? Because if so, not cool bros. :mad:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Necc0 posted:

How haven't you been overwatched yet?

I dunno. I mean, I am also giving tips to the other team and calling them terrible when I do kill them. Also, I have won the majority of the games I have done this in. My 2" 360 is paying off. When that gets old I am going to start doing 720s or 360s while scouting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I wonder how using pistols only in ranked would work out. I'd probably get kicked pretty fast.

• Locked thread