Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Do what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

Those two cops that are physically restraining that lady sure look like they are deriving sexual pleasure from that contact.

Is this meant to seem absurd? Because it isn't at all.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Fried Chicken posted:

Funny thing about cameras being everywhere. They are starting to catch the cops in action. Tell us some more about how the cops weren't groping women guys.

That little editorial in the NY Daily News said there had been no photographic evidence of her being grouped but of her elbowing the cop. So if this is actually the picture I'm glad to know they were full of poo poo.

Slanderer posted:

Those two cops that are physically restraining that lady sure look like they are deriving sexual pleasure from that contact.

Well the only way to restrain a woman is by grabbing her tits, it's how they know who's boss :mrapig:

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

KomradeX posted:

That little editorial in the NY Daily News said there had been no photographic evidence of her being grouped but of her elbowing the cop. So if this is actually the picture I'm glad to know they were full of poo poo.

It's not her.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Armani posted:

Spoken like someone who doesn't have breasts.

You don't do that.

Is that in the breasts owner's manual or something????

Fake edit:
Would it be groping if instead of a thin lady it was a fat, fat man with tits?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Okay so my local paper is just run by authoritarian assholes, not liars

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

KomradeX posted:

Okay so my local paper is just run by authoritarian assholes, not liars

It's the loving New York Daily News, it's both.

Also, I'm horrified to see Americans being totally OK with protesters receiving stiffer sentences than they would even in Putin's Russia.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Is this meant to seem absurd? Because it isn't at all.

Did you know that part of the police exam requires that you grab a breast? I think it's required by law!

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

Did you know that part of the police exam requires that you grab a breast? I think it's required by law!

What are you supposed to be right now? Drunk?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SedanChair posted:

What are you supposed to be right now? Drunk?

Do you have a point here?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

Do you have a point here?

Yeah, that you're acting like a crazy idiot at the suggestion that pigs grope titties while arresting women.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Yeah, that you're acting like a crazy idiot at the suggestion that pigs grope titties while arresting women.

I'm pretty sure groping is actually a bad thing that people shouldn't do!!!

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Slanderer posted:

Yes, exactly.

Don't restrain people by their breasts be they male or female.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Slanderer posted:

So if a cop grabbed you by the balls would it be completely okay with you provided he wasn't getting any sexual pleasure from it? Because its still a culturally hosed up thing to do and the instinctive reaction of most people to being groped isn't to stop and think whether the other person is enjoying it, its to try and make the unwanted groping stop. You fuckhead.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

Was the cop in that picture groping?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Caros posted:

So if a cop grabbed you by the balls would it be completely okay with you provided he wasn't getting any sexual pleasure from it? Because its still a culturally hosed up thing to do and the instinctive reaction of most people to being groped isn't to stop and think whether the other person is enjoying it, its to try and make the unwanted groping stop. You fuckhead.

I'd probably be upset because that's Hitting Below the Belt, but not because I was groped by a raper but because it really hurts!!!! Also I would probably go to jail if I tried to balltap the pig right back because "he started it!" isn't a great defense here IMHO.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Was the cop in that picture groping?

When you put it that way I guess he's a sex offender now.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

When you put it that way I guess he's a sex offender now.

Ha ha ha! That's meant to be absurd!

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

SedanChair posted:

Ha ha ha! That's meant to be absurd!

I agree.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Slanderer posted:

I'd probably be upset because that's Hitting Below the Belt, but not because I was groped by a raper but because it really hurts!!!! Also I would probably go to jail if I tried to balltap the pig right back because "he started it!" isn't a great defense here IMHO.

Has it occurred to you that being grabbed so hard on the breast might also really hurt? Or that months of jailtime for a likely involuntary reaction to groping (whether intended to be sexual or not) by an officer with a history of excessive force including but not limited to: running a motorcyclist off the road to make an arrest, kicking a suspect in the face while he was on the ground, and slamming an arrestee's face into the stairs on an MTA bus might be a little idiotic? Keeping in mind of course that she required hospitalization for further injuries she recieved at the hands of the same officer?

Of course it hasn't.

Caros fucked around with this message at 05:21 on May 22, 2014

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
It's really hard to restrain someone who doesn't want to be restrained. If you are a good cop carrying out a legitimate arrest and you have to restrain the suspect and in the process of wrapping your arm around her shoulder or torso your hand brushes against her tits (e: which are the equivalent of genitals) then I hope you die in a fire you loving pig.

That said, gently caress bad cops and the scum who protect them.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

What's this all of a sudden?

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Caros posted:

Has it occurred to you that being grabbed so hard on the breast might also really hurt? Or that months of jailtime for a likely involuntary reaction to groping (whether intended to be sexual or not) by an officer with a history of excessive force including but not limited to: running a motorcyclist off the road to make an arrest, kicking a suspect in the face while he was on the ground, and slamming an arrestee's face into the stairs on an MTA bus might be a little idiotic? Keeping in mind of course that she required hospitalization for further injuries she recieved at the hands of the same officer?

Of course it hasn't.

The police officer's history is really relevant to her involuntary action. I'm sure she subconsciously took that into account before acting reflexively.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It's such a coincidence that a thread that began discussing unambiguous police brutality against a vulnerable, defenceless person has turned into "Not All Cops: The Thread".

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011

Seams posted:

It's such a coincidence that a thread that began discussing unambiguous police brutality against a vulnerable, defenceless person has turned into "Not All Cops: The Thread".

Well, people are calling this sexual assault:

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court has ruled that suspects placed under arrest are allowed one "free shot" that is inadmissible in court

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Fried Chicken posted:

Funny thing about cameras being everywhere. They are starting to catch the cops in action. Tell us some more about how the cops weren't groping women guys.

This isn't the photo in this case, but as a public defender who (often successfully) defends people accused of resisting the police, this photo doesn't tell us poo poo in a vacuum. Proper use of force can be messy as gently caress -- everything can get grabbed, intentionally and unintentionally. It is, unfortunately, why police are moving from physical take downs to tasers. While tasers are more dangerous (and less work), they look cleaner. You get one wound and no messy photos, videos, and injuries. I'd much rather defend a client accused of resisting who got hit than one who got tased any day of the week (excessive force is a defense in California).

That said, I could probably make that photo be reasonable doubt in a case against that woman, depending on what is claimed to have occurred before and after (any violence on her part better have happened after). I don't think you could prove a case against the cop beyond a reasonable doubt on that photo in vacuum, and you'd have issues even on a lower civil level.

The only really truly useful stills for these cases need to basically show the defendant sitting on the ground or something a la UC Davis or those firehose shots from the civil rights era. Video is way better.

Slanderer posted:

The police officer's history is really relevant to her involuntary action. I'm sure she subconsciously took that into account before acting reflexively.
It would be relevant to the amount of force used when grabbing especially if it comes down to a swearing contest. Proof of prior excessive force is almost always relevant to claims of excessive force.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:36 on May 22, 2014

Caros
May 14, 2008

Slanderer posted:

Yes, because clearly that was what I meant. I wasn't at all instead pointing out a variety of factors that you should take into account before you answer whether or not you think this woman should suffer a felony charge and several months in jail over what was an instinctive reaction, with the mitigating factor that the officer in question has a history of police brutality and corruption (a ticketing scandal) and thus isn't exactly a trustworthy source on what happened.

But no, keep up with the low effort shittiness.

quote:

It's really hard to restrain someone who doesn't want to be restrained. If you are a good cop carrying out a legitimate arrest and you have to restrain the suspect and in the process of wrapping your arm around her shoulder or torso your hand brushes against her tits (e: which are the equivalent of genitals) then I hope you die in a fire you loving pig.

That said, gently caress bad cops and the scum who protect them.

For the record, I love cops. I'm a middle aged white male, so I LOVE cops. I've been pulled over once for having no running lights due to a blown fuse and once for being out walking at 4am. Cops are very much my friends and I understand that they have absolutely lovely jobs at time. My whole issue with this is that it is loving absurd that this woman is going to jail for months over something like this.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Slanderer posted:

In a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court has ruled that suspects placed under arrest are allowed one "free shot" that is inadmissible in court

Yes, because she was both under arrest and aware he was a police officer at the time. Wait... no, sorry I'm thinking of someone else.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Caros posted:

Yes, because she was both under arrest and aware he was a police officer at the time. Wait... no, sorry I'm thinking of someone else.

*has been ordered multiple times to leave area by police*

*is literally surrounded by police*

*is grabbed from behind*

"Who could this fiend be?!?!"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Slanderer posted:

*has been ordered multiple times to leave area by police*

*is literally surrounded by police*

*is grabbed from behind*

"Who could this fiend be?!?!"

*Doesn't understand the definition of "involuntary"*

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

No actually I agree with the Justices:

Slanderer posted:

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

prussian advisor posted:

Hint, it's not and would get you skinned alive and mistried in about five seconds by any judge I've ever practiced in front of, and I'm a prosecutor in the deep South who has practiced in front of dozens of different judges at both the misdemeanor and felony levels.

Of course, if by "evidence" you're referring to racist preconceptions by jurors who refuse to admit to having such preconceptions during voir dire conducted by attorneys on both sides, then again, no poo poo. But what exactly do you propose to do about it?

Are you trying to say that minorities aren't treated extremely unfairly by the criminal justice system? It's a big enough problem that it isn't just being caused by the occasional racist juror who slips through the cracks.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Slanderer posted:

You forgot this part.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Are you trying to say that minorities aren't treated extremely unfairly by the criminal justice system? It's a big enough problem that it isn't just being caused by the occasional racist juror who slips through the cracks.

He's saying that you can't make that argument "minorities commit crimes all the time! and the accused is also a minority, so he probably commits crimes too!" in court.

Slanderer fucked around with this message at 05:54 on May 22, 2014

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
You know, this would have been avoided had the racist, brutal, and trigger-happy NYPD not been ordered by oligarch billionaire mayor Michael Bloomberg to repress the poo poo out of peaceful protesters.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Dum Cumpster posted:

Pretty much this. And by surrounded by cops you mean in a crowd of several hundred people, most of them total strangers.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Caros posted:

Pretty much this. And by surrounded by cops you mean in a crowd of several hundred people, most of them total strangers.

I think he's just discovered the quote button and has found his entertainment for the night.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Dum Cumpster posted:

You forgot this part.

Actually that was a reply to the supposition that she was, in fact, acting reflexively. I have no idea whether or not this is true. As a non breast-haver, I cannot confirm or deny this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Slanderer posted:

Actually that was a reply to the supposition that she was, in fact, acting reflexively. I have no idea whether or not this is true. As a non breast-haver, I cannot confirm or deny this.

Just shut the gently caress up already

• Locked thread