Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Let's just go ahead and say UFC 171 was a worthy COTY candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

it was a great card but i think it's an honorable mention at best. carlos blowing his knee out the shields / lombard fiasco and johny getting the belt detract from the feel good element.

I was OK with all of those things basically minus the knee aspect of Condit losing

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Forceholy posted:

I missed the Shields/Lombard fight. What happened?

Lombard Shields'd Shields, but it was actually at leas interesting at a few points because he tossed Shields like a child several times.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Worst ref call: RFA 14: Junior Maranhao collapses unconscious in corner, fight allowed to continue

http://fansided.com/2014/04/12/rfa-14-junior-maranhao-collapses-unconscious-corner-fight-allowed-continue-gif/

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Rockhold for soty and Beal for koty are worthy candidates imo

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Round of the year, Matt Brown vs. Erick Silva r1

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Bad reffing: chucklefuck ref allowing Jamie Varner to finish a round on an obviously broken ankle, UFC 173

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Can we make a specific best post-fight interview award? If so, I'd like to nominate Big Ben Rothwell for the Overeem fight, and in advance of any interview he'll ever do, and also retroactively for his past interviews as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

SOTY candidates were Rockhold vs. Bisping and Matthews vs. Rocha.

• Locked thread