Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Sathzur posted:

@Double Monocle: Into the Ring should be 17 points as Reaction costs 3 points per rank for powers that are standard actions like Create. Your advantages should cost 18 not 17.

Thanks, updated my sheet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

March 17th, 1991

“ASCALON – A boom awakened residents on both sides of Delaware Bay early this morning. Astronomers at NASA's Earth Object Tracking System report the impact of meteor fragments in the bay. Officials from the US Air Force and the Federal Aviation Administrator confirm that no aircraft or explosions were involved. EOTS has announced plans to attempt to retrieve the fragments from the bay."

April 12th, 2007

“Seriously?” Julia asked, looking at her parents.

Andrew nodded to his daughter, his mouth serious underneath his big, bushy beard. “Why would you lie to you?”

“We knew we’d have to tell you eventually,” Meredith said. “We just hoped for a few more years. You’re our little girl!”

Julia sputtered. ”But I’m not, am I? I’m an….alien or something! And you’re not my parents and Kim isn’t my little sister and….” She was getting so animated she didn’t even notice she was hovering again.

Meredith cleared her throat. Julia looked down and then dropped to her feet. “Sorry,” she muttered.

“We’re not angry,” Andrew said, his wife nodding firmly. ”Julia, we love you. When we found you in that capsule…we knew we couldn’t turn you over to researchers. You were
so….” “…adorable,” Meredith finished.

“This is really a lot of strange, guys,” Julia said.

“We know,” Meredith answered. “We’ll always be here for you.”

June 10th, 2009

“Congratulations, Class of 2009!” Principal Flute bellowed. Hats went into the air, a flurry of crimson robes flowed out of the aisles. Kim rushed up to her big sister, a wrapped box in hand. “Here!” she declared proudly.

Julia tugged at the paper and then peeked into the box. She nearly choked. “Kim!” she snapped. “People will know!”

“Duh!” Kim said. “I’m not stupid, Julie. Only you would have such a craptastic costume.”

Julia was totally dumbfounded. “When did you have time to do this?”

“School project!” Kim declared, with a fit of giggles. “My teacher had no idea!” She hugged her big sister.

“Thanks, Kim,” Julia said with a sigh.

September 9, 2011

*BOOM*

“Holy poo poo!” the big woman shouted. “Where’d she come from!?” Her skinny companion raised his gun and took a few shots.

“Stop that!” Turbo Girl snapped. “It still hurts!”

In a zoom she body slammed the man, knocking the gun out of his hand, then bounced back and toppled the woman, catching the bag of money out of the air.

Julia wrapped plastic cuffs about the two robber’s wrists. “You guys stay here until the police arrive."

Turbo Girl lifted off and into the night sky. Sure the city might need her, but really, it was that paper on the French revolution.

August 17th, 2012

"This is Emily Esterhaus reporting live. Captain Braseal lead members of the New Defenders into the refinery an hour ago and none have been seen since. The fire continues to rage and County officials have declared a ten mile evacuation zone. County Executive Emmett said, "'We expect the worst, now we can only hope to recover quickly.'"

An explosion is heard. Officials gasp and duck and radio chatter is heard, as the camera shakes. The reporter ducks as something streaks past. There's a shake and the camera pans, looking away from the refinery to a chared figure. It's famed hero Captain Braseal, leader of the New Defenders, coughing and clearly hurt but alive. Another streak and Turbo Woman gets deposited next to him. Finally, a third streak, which ends in a crash and a thump on the pavement.

"The New Defenders! Captain! Captain!" Esterhaus calls, rushing towards the heroes even before the EMTs and police can. "Captain, what happened!?" The Captain - some say a secret super soldier, some say an alien from space, but certainly a man of intense durability - stood wobbly and singed, coughing a few times. "S..." he says, waving a hand away from himself. On the pavement lay Raptorman, and half collapsed and showing her own injuries, Turbo Woman's protege, nee sidekick, Turbo Girl. "She stopped the leak," the Captain announced. "Saved us all."

January 3rd, 2014

“Career fairs suck,” Sarah complained.

“What do you expect?” Julia asked. “The economy’s terrible, and you’re a Classics major.”

“College isn’t about getting a job!” Sarah protested. “It’s about expanding your mind and learning to reason.”

“Now you sound like my dad,” Julia said.

Sarah shook her head. “He’s right, you know. Anyway, like Communications and Media is such a serious major?”

“Is so! You know the way the world works these days. God, even Mother Theresa would need good PR these days. Anyway, I’ll do some blogging on the side and maybe become an actual reporter and then...”

Sarah just shook her head. The two roommates had meandered around the career fair and were going past a booth for New York's - and the world's - premiere super team. There was Invincor and Hydrina and the Gray Ghost and Earth Man and Turbo Woman...and their sidekicks. She....

“What’s next?” Sarah asked, hooking her thumb, “Full time superhero? You don’t even wear glasses!”

January 10th, 2014

"It's the right choice. I know it is. I've learned so much from you, and I'm not nearly done. I'm not leaving forever I just...I want to make my own name," Julia explained. A brisk spring breeze off the Hudson whipped her hair into her face. The roof still made the best meeting place. "And my family...with Dad's hip and now Kim's getting into some trouble and....they could use some help. Maybe...a little protection," she adds. "And I'll still be around to help save the world! I'll keep my communicator and everything. I just want to do more...personal things. I know that moving asteroids and fighting off aliens helps people but...."

"...but you want to see the people you help?" Turbo Woman finished.

Julia nodded. "Is that selfish?"

Beatrice shook her head and took her student's hands. "Not at all. It makes you human," she said, a knowing smile on her face.

Julia laughed a nervous little laugh. "Thanks for everything!" she reiterated, and embraced her mentor.

pre:
Name			Julia Anderson
Codename		Mach
Age			26
PL			8
Name			Julia Anderson				
PL			8				
Points Available	120				
Points Used		117				
Points Remaining	3				

Abilities	16				
Abilities	Value	Cost	Bonus	Total	
STR		2	4	4	6	
STA		2	4	0	2	
AGL		0	0	0	0	
DEX		0	0	0	0	
FGT		2	4	0	2	
INT		0	0	0	0	
AWE		2	4	0	2	
PRE		0	0	0	0	

Defenses	16				
		Base	Bonuses	Total	Cost	
Dodge		0	0	8	8	
Fortitude	2	0	4	2	
Parry		2	0	6	4	
Toughness	2	3	5	0	
Will		2	0	4	2	

Agility	Advantages	Power Mods	Total	
Initiative	0			0	

Skills		14				
Skill		Ability	Bonus	Ranks	Total	Cost
Acrobatics	AGL	0	2	2	1
Athletics	STR	2	4	6	2
Close Combat	FGT	2	6	8	3
 (Unarmed)					
Insight		AWE	2	6	8	3
Investigation	INT	0	4	4	2
Perception	AWE	2	4	6	2	
Stealth		AGL	0	2	2	1

Advantages	6				
Advantage	Value	Description			
Improv. Weapon	1	Use improvised weapons with Close Combat (Unarmed)			
Move-By Action	1	Move both before and after standard action			
Power Attack	1	Trade attack bonus for effect bonus			
Takedown	2	After taking down a minion, free attack against another minion within speed range			
Teamwork	1	+5 circumstance to team checks			

Powers	65				

Turbo Flight					
Flight		10		Total Cost	22		
Total Cost	2				
Action		Free		Range		Personal		
Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	2		
Notes		Flight at up to 2000 mph (17600 ft/game round, ~ Mach 2.6)				
Extras		Alternate Power (Space flight)				
		Alternate Power (Sonic Boom)				

Space Flight				
	Movement	3		Total Cost	6	
	Cost/Rank	2			
	Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	2	

Sonic Boom				
	Affliction	8		Total Cost	16	
	Cost/Rank	2			
	Action		Standard	Range		Close	
	Duration	Instant		Base Cost	1	
	Extras		Line Area (+1/rank)			
	Description	Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated			

Space-Immunity					
Immunity	5		Total Cost	5		
Cost/Rank	1				
Action		None		Range		Personal		
Duration	Permanent	Base Cost	1		
Ranks		Cold (1)				
		Radiation (1)				
		Suffocation Effects (2)				
		Vacuum (1)				

Invulnerability					
Protection	3		Total Cost	3		
Cost/Rank	1				
Duration	Permanent	Base Cost	1		

Eye Beams				
Damage		6		Total Cost	18	
Cost/Rank	3			
Action		Standard	Range		Perception	
Extras		Increased Range (+2/rank)			

Radar Sense				
Senses		9		Total Cost	9	
Cost/Rank	1			
Action		Standard	Range		Ranged	
Extras		Alternate Power (Penetrating Radar)			
Ranks		Accurate (2)			
		Extended (5)			
		Radio (1)			
Notes		Scan and locate at ranges up to 189 miles			

Penetrating Radar			
	Senses		7		Total Cost	7
	Cost/Rank	1		
	Extras		Accurate (2)		
			Penetrates Concealment (4)		
			Radio (1)		

Super-Strength				
Enhanced Strength	4		Total Cost	8	
Cost/Rank		2			
Action			Free		Range		Personal	
Duration		Sustained	Base Cost	2

Motivation: Do good, Save World, Get on TV
"My parents, yeah, classic do-gooders. Not like superhero style, but....so, 
dad's a history teacher and mom's a nurse, and nobody goes into either of 
those things without wanting to help people. You know, contribute something. 
Because you're sure not doing it for the money. I guess they raised me the 
same way. Use my abilities best I can to make a difference and help people 
out. It's a short life and we're all in this together, right? That's what 
mom always says. Superheroing's definitely more high profile. I don't mind 
the fame...it's kind of nice, honestly. It can be distracting, though. 
Especially since the incident..."

Complication: Insidious Inhuman Invader!
"So, I'm an alien, right? I knew that, mom and dad told me, no big, whatevs.
Liranian, apparently. How do I know that? 'Cause they tried to invade. Two 
years ago, right after I became Young New Defenders poster girl. Super 
awkward, by the way. So they sweep in and claim I'm supposed to be an 
'Infiltrator' working to prepare the planet for invasion and are you loving 
kidding me!? Oh, yeah, sorry. So I'm dragged to the spaceship and probed and 
they bring out like...Dark Julie, and for a while I'm leading the invasion 
force, until I got into a huge throw down with Turbo Woman. Taking the whole 
'kill your master' thing sort of too literally. Kind of wrecked up a big 
part of Cleveland doing it. Pretty embarrassing, even though the whole 'hero 
mind control' thing has happened before. I still owe TW huge. God, hope that 
never happens again."

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jan 23, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...

Guerrilla Gorilla A.K.A. Tim Grebowitz

In a modest suburban household, in a modest suburban neighborhood, a 7-year old girl argues animatedly with a Gorilla.

"Daddy, you should be a superhero! All the kids in school say so!"

Tim sighed and brought a massive hand to his face. Not this argument again.

"Princess," He rumbled gently, "We've been over this. You know that my job isn't saving the world, it's looking out for you and
your mother. I don't know why all the kids in school say that, but they're sorely mistaken."

Amy pointed her tiny face up at his with a comically furrowed brow to let him know that she was done dancing around the point.

"They say that because you pulled our school bus for 10 blocks last Friday."

Tim was quick to point out that he wasn't the only dad to do so.

Amy was quicker to point out that the other one had a towtruck.

The discussion ended as it always did, with a promise to talk about it in the morning and a kiss goodnight.

Tim cracked the door a bit, Amy was still getting over her fear of the dark, and trundled downstairs. Once he was sure that he was out of earshot of his little debater, he flopped down in his battered easy chair and let out a long sigh.

"The Hero talk again, eh?" his wife called from the kitchen.

"I swear, it's like the only thing she thinks about! That kid's gonna drive me bana... Oh geeze, I almost said bananas."

after a stifled giggle, a response floated out over the sound of the dishwasher.

"Maybe it's not such a crazy idea, Tim."

Tim winced. Not her, too.

"Donna, please! I'm too busy to be a cape, I've been picking up double shifts at the office park!"

his wife came into the living room with a dish rag and a knowing look.

"Tim, for God's sake, you hated that job before the accident. Now you can't even fit inside the breakroom. You know as well as I do that the settlement will pay for-"

Tim rolled his eyes, "Listen, for all we know the accident settlement is crap. What if this Doc Ook guy doesn't come through? His type aren't exactly known for their accountability."

"Tim," Donna said, a stern edge creeping into her voice, "if worse comes to worse, I'll just start teaching again. Molly back at school has been hounding me about it, and Amy's old enough that she doesn't need me around all day. You've got too much potential to be wandering around a mall yelling at teenagers!"

Tim decided to try a different tactic.

"Gee, most wives wouldn't want to send their husbands into the line of fire, Donna. Being a hero is dangerous!"

Donna, undeterred, flopped onto the couch lazily.

"Most husbands can't walk off being hit by a semi-truck, Tim."

"FINE!" Tim said, perhaps a bit too loudly, then amended, "fine, I'll look into it, alright? Maybe you two are right, maybe I've got some... Potential."

The sound of a quiet celebration took place on the stairs, and a pair of smiles passed between the parents.

"My first heroic duty," he said loudly, "Will be punishing little girls who stay up past bedtime!"

Tim heard the scampering noise that followed and prayed that all ne'er-do-wells would be so easily foiled...

pre:
Code Name: Guerilla Gorilla
Height: 2m
Weight: 200kg
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black (Silverback)
Skin: Greyish Black

PL:8
PP: 120/120

Abilities:		72 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 14			28 points
STA 14			28 points
AGL 2			4 points
DEX 0			0 points
FGT 2			4 points
INT 0			0 points
AWE 2			4 points
PRE 2			4 points

Offence:
Type of attack skill - Close/Ranged, Damage bonus

Defence:		0 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	= (14)
Fortitude	= (14)
Dodge		= (2)
Parry		= (2)
Will		= (2)

Initiative: 5

Skills:			12 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks

Acrobatics      Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           6       4       2

Athletics       Total   Ranks   PP

Expertise: Rent-a-Cop 
Skill           2       2       1

Intimidation    Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           10       8      4

Investigation   Total   Ranks   PP
Skill           2       2       1

Perception      Total   Ranks   PP

Advantages:		8 points +1pp/+1 advantage rank

Chokehold: Suffocate an opponent you have successfully grabbed

Diehard: Automatically stabilize when dying.

Fast Grab: Make a free grab check after an unarmed attack

Fearless: Immune to fear 

Improved Grab: Make grab attacks with 1 arm. Not vulnerable while grabbing

Improved Hold: -5 circumstance penalty to escape from your hold.

Improvised Weapon: Use Unarmed Combat skill with improvised weapons, +1 damage bonus

Power attack: Trade attack bonus for effect bonus

Powers:			27 points

Comprehend Animals      4 points
Total Cost: 1/Rank      Base Cost: 1/Rank
Action: None            Resistance: N/A
Range: Personal         Duration: Permanent
Effects: Can speak to and understand all animals

Feature (Insulating Fur)1 point
Action: None            Resistance: N/A
Range Personal          Duration: Permanent
Effects: Immune to Hot/Cold

Leaping                 7 points
Action: Free            Resistance: N/A
Range: Personal         Duration: Instant
Effects: 900ft jumps

Enhanced Strength 	2 points
Total Cost: 1/ Rank	Base Cost: 2/ Rank
Action:None		Resistance: N/A
Range:Personal		Duration: Permanent
			Flaws: Permanent (+0), Limited to Lifting (-1 per rank)
Effects: Increases my lifting strength to 16, allowing me to lift 1,600 tons

Wall-Crawling           2 points
Total Cost: 2/rank      Base Cost: 2/Rank
Action: Free            Duration: Sustained
Effects: Climb walls and ceilings at speed -1 with no athletics check and no chance for falling. Still vulnerable while climbing.

Regeneration            3 points
Total Cost: 1/rank      Base Cost: 1/rank
Action: 
Effects: Remove -3 toughness penalty due to damage every minute (-1 every 3 rounds)

Super Sense             8 points
Total Cost: 1/rank      Base Cost: 1/rank
Action: None            Duration: Permanent
Effects: Visual (Lowlight 1pp), Auditory (Accurate 4pp, Ultra-Hearing 1pp), Olfactory (Acute 2pp, Tracking 1pp)

Motivations:

Doing Good 
Despite his gruff arguments to the contrary, Tim is secretly a hero at heart. 
Long before the accident, he was turned away from 3 separate police forces due 
to physical limitations, and was forced to take a job chasing hoodlums around
malls and out of parking garages. He no longer has any physical problems and 
is ready to help those who can't help themselves.

Complications:

Responsibility: Family
Tim has a wife named Donna and a 7 year old daughter named Amy, who (correctly) believes she has the coolest dad ever.

Enemy(?): 
Tim had his brain removed and placed into the body of an Ape Supersoldier by a Villain known as "Doc Ook"
The good Doc claimed that it was an accident, and Tim took his lawyer's advice to settle out of court.

OK, I think I done this right. Please let me know if you see any problems!
EDIT:: ERROR, WHAT ARE PARAGRAPHS

EDIT, SON OF EDIT:: I've fixed a few numbers, I think.

EDIT, SON OF EDIT, SON OF EDIT:: For real, though, fixed some numbers and added some kick-rear end smelling powers. Thank you careful hyphen placement.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jan 27, 2014

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
I love M&M 2e but haven't had a chance to play with 3e yet. Let me see what I can do.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Ok! Sorry about the wait, some real life stuff came up in the last couple of days and stuff has been a little super busy. Been working through my posting backlog though and I’m all caught up with it now. So I've finally had time to go through the sheets here are the audits of apps posted so far! Any questions from this or in general can be asked on the IRC room!!

(General point: Total Cost / Base Cost means 1pp for 1 rank, for example. So it should look like Total Cost: 4pp/rank Base Cost: 2pp/rank. The base power cost is 2pp per rank and after extras and everything it comes to a total cost of 4pp per rank.)

KittyEmpress: First of all, your sheet needs to be cleaned up. x points needs to be written out as 0 points, the reminders of the point costs up top need to be deleted, even out the power blocks so they look even, and you need to put the totals of each section on them so checking the maths is easier. Now on the mechanics, your sheet seems to add up to 130pp. And outside of your powers everything is positively anaemic, making the whole thing very lopsided.

On Healing Happiness!! I take issue with the limitation. As you have empathetic healing, to heal yourself you would take your own damage condition away and then add it back onto yourself. Empathetic really covers limited (non self) already. Try to think of another limitation that actually limits the power. But the biggest problem I have is that fact you can take a standard 10 on a roll, get 30, and auto resurrect a person who has been dead for twenty minutes. Or take 10 and heal somebody of four ranks of damage a turn. That’s single handedly enough to wreck every single combat encounter in the game that doesn’t involve Lily being shoved into a volcano first. The concept itself isn’t a problem, but pumping it up like you have would reduce every fight into waiting for the dice to beat the bad guys since Lily can auto-heal anything the bad guys could possibly do. Not everything in the game will be fights, granted, but since Lily has pretty much nothing else to offer but fights it reduced her to being a magic spell to make the PCs win every fight in the game.

Immortal Cheer looks fine.

Your background and complications are good. Usually I prefer to have a little blurb under each complication to explain it but you have it written out in the background so that’ll be okay. One concern for me is that Lily, in the little bits of her speaking that you’ve written up in the background, might be a hugely annoying person to be around.

Axe-man: Once or two things are wonky for the formatting, but on the whole it lines up nicely. The sheet adds up to 120pp so that’s all good. Your strength/hand to hand and potentially strength/throwing are a little over, when added up it is 7+11=18, when the cap is 8x2 or 16. So lower your strength or the attack skill. The rest of the sheet is pretty simple and is rounded out well enough.

Your background gives me a good idea of who Kat is and how she came to apply to be a big ol’ hero, and it flows well and makes sense, so that’s good. For your complications Prejudice: Metahuman won’t apply, heroes and villains are ubiquitous enough that you won’t face any real discrimination like that. Relationship: Father probably won’t come into play that much either since I will be focusing on the players themselves rather than ancillary background information, say your arch nemesis rather than those of your father, but you can keep it if you like.

Double Monocle: You need to put your sheet into
pre:
, that way the formatting is preserved and it stays readable. There is a cap to damage + to-hit, at PL8 that is 16. So your basic melee attack at +12 to hit and 10 damage is way over, as is your magical punch power. In the same vein defences have a trade-off cap as well, toughness+dodge, toughness+parry, fortitude+will. Those can’t go higher than PLx2 either, so your toughness+parry goes way over the limit as well.

With 10 fighting you don’t need points in Close Combat skill or Close Attack advantage, so you can get rid of them. And you don’t need a whole power just to attach a feat to it, if you just spend 2pp on variable descriptor on your basic melee attack it would have the exact same effect at your The Arcane Luchadore power. You should put the levels of jumpitude and speedidity into those powers so I know how fast you are and how high you jump. Inventive use of the create power, very nice.

And powers equal 24pp not 27pp, so you’re actually at 117pp total. And that’s not counting getting rid of anything yet, so you’ll probably have a fair few points to flesh out your guy some more.

Your background isn’t very long and doesn’t tell me who El Mago is, really, but what it is is Silver Age as all get out. So the tone is good, but I would like to see a little bit more on what made El Mago the Luchador he is today. In your motivations JUSTICE and HONOR are more or less similar enough that you should roll them into a single motivation. And in complications ENEMY is really vague, either come up with an actual enemy stalking El Mago to steal his mask or nix the complication entirely.

Ferrosol: Wee bit table breaking. Break up your long sentences so the sheet is doesn’t continue along the warpath of destroying tables. Also the sheet needs a little cleaning up, getting rid of the reminders of point costs at the top of each section and that sort of thing.

Your abilities should equal 34pp, not 32. And your skills seem really out of wack. Acrobatics should be 8 total, not 12. The ranks are the total added to the ability score, it’s the PP cost that’s doubled to make the number of ranks. So on acrobatics again, 2pp gives you 4 skill ranks and 4 skill ranks on agility 4 gives you a total of 8.

You need to list what the actual power is in the power block. Just from ‘Winters Bite’, I don’t know what the actual effect is. The rank of the power would be nice to have as well .Icicle Blast has perception range on it, not ranged. I think. You need to label the power blocks more clearly. And I think it equals 25pp rather than 32. I’m having a bit of a hard time reading the power blocks here, but I think you are actually under 67pp for the whole section. Definitely needs a clean up though.

Nice, if slightly gothy picture. Your background has a couple grammar errors and stuff in it, but that’s just minor cleaning up stuff nothing for you to really worry about. Story wise I like it a lot, it flows quite well and gives me a very good picture of Rachel and her life. The back streets bit is kinda dark though. Your motivation and complications works well and tie into the background, all good here. And the addendum here is great, I’m always for people adding to the setting background and you’ve done a great job with the Mantle of Winter entry.

Platonicsolid: Your strength score should be 6, not 8, as the super-strength power is only at 4. Advantages equal 6pp not 5pp. Your toughness score should be 5, not 8, as your protection power is only at 3. Radar Sense should be 9pp to accommodate the Alternate Power. And then your powers should equal 65pp rather than 58, bringing your total to 117pp.

Your background is decent enough, it gives me an overall impression of Julia and her life. It’s a little short on her heroic side though, and why exactly she is deciding to take the plunge into temp work. It would also be nice if you could expand on the alien angle and give us a little info on who the aliens are and what their dealio is. You also need a motivation and complication.

Yamtaggler: Power points all add up. Format wise you should list your advantages vertically to make it a little easier to read. You really don’t need the close combat skill, your attributes alone reach the caps. Which, speaking of, you break almost everywhere. Toughness 18 is on its own over the cap. The way it works is (attack to-hit + attack damage) = PLx2 (16). So fighting 7 + strength 14 = 20, which is over 16. Toughness 18 + dodge 7 = 25. Toughness 18 + parry 7 = 25. Fortitude 16 + will 5 = 21. You need to do a little fiddling to bring them all within the cap. Then with the pp freed from that maybe fill out skills a little more or get a funky power maybe!

Your background is good! I really like the concept and the execution here gives me a really good glimpse at Tim and his life and his motivation in being a heroic temp worker. Your complication works really well, but you should also have at least a second one as motivation if not a third complication as well.

Everybody else: There's still plenty of time to think of something and plenty of room for everyone, so if you're interested in making an up and coming heroic temp worker just come on by and throw up a sheet!

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
If you're critiquing sheets, can you give me a little insight on these powers? I'm trying to soak up some points with some appropriate powers for my character, but I'm worried about these two causing potential issues:

[code]Effect: Create 6 (Continuous, Innate, Selective, Subtle 1, Permanant, Proportional) (20pp)
Effect: Transform 4 (matter) (Increased Duration) (20pp)[/p]

The book specifically has some blurbs on Create/Transform and how PCs shouldn't be using them to create infinite wealth and poo poo like that, but are there any good limitations I can put on these to make them useful, but not totally out of control? I was thinking about just wrapping the two together into a very strong Illusion that creates illusions that have mass, etc. but eventually dissipate, but then I'm still worried about potentially cheesing fights by creating a bunch of barriers, etc. out of nothing.

They're useful powers and they fit the character I'm making, but I'm worried about them being too strong.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

As a wise man once told me, "No matter how fast you [create those walls] there's always going to be someone who can just fly around and shoot you with eyebeams."
Edit: Additionally, 60 cft of wall isn't game breaking.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

edit minor gently caress up here

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 21, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Epsilon Plus posted:

If you're critiquing sheets, can you give me a little insight on these powers? I'm trying to soak up some points with some appropriate powers for my character, but I'm worried about these two causing potential issues:

[code]Effect: Create 6 (Continuous, Innate, Selective, Subtle 1, Permanant, Proportional) (20pp)
Effect: Transform 4 (matter) (Increased Duration) (20pp)[/p]

The book specifically has some blurbs on Create/Transform and how PCs shouldn't be using them to create infinite wealth and poo poo like that, but are there any good limitations I can put on these to make them useful, but not totally out of control? I was thinking about just wrapping the two together into a very strong Illusion that creates illusions that have mass, etc. but eventually dissipate, but then I'm still worried about potentially cheesing fights by creating a bunch of barriers, etc. out of nothing.

They're useful powers and they fit the character I'm making, but I'm worried about them being too strong.

Creating a wall with at most 6 toughness isn't game breaking at all. Permanent is meant for sustained duration, if you buy up to continuous then you have a better version of permanent anyway. As for the transform, rank 4 in it isn't automatically game breaking. Continuous may be pushing it potentially but it all depends on what you're doing with it. Define what the broad group of things you'd transform and what other broad group you'd be turning them into, what you'll actually do with it is what it comes down to.

There is a straight out illusion power, if you want to go with that avenue of thought.

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...

Robodog posted:

your attributes alone reach the caps. Which, speaking of, you break almost everywhere.

Ah, there's a simple explanation for that: I didn't realize that caps were a thing! I'll change my sheet and maybe add some neat-o powers or skills with my extra spending points!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Robodog posted:

Ferrosol: Wee bit table breaking. Break up your long sentences so the sheet is doesn’t continue along the warpath of destroying tables. Also the sheet needs a little cleaning up, getting rid of the reminders of point costs at the top of each section and that sort of thing.

Your abilities should equal 34pp, not 32. And your skills seem really out of wack. Acrobatics should be 8 total, not 12. The ranks are the total added to the ability score, it’s the PP cost that’s doubled to make the number of ranks. So on acrobatics again, 2pp gives you 4 skill ranks and 4 skill ranks on agility 4 gives you a total of 8.

You need to list what the actual power is in the power block. Just from ‘Winters Bite’, I don’t know what the actual effect is. The rank of the power would be nice to have as well .Icicle Blast has perception range on it, not ranged. I think. You need to label the power blocks more clearly. And I think it equals 25pp rather than 32. I’m having a bit of a hard time reading the power blocks here, but I think you are actually under 67pp for the whole section. Definitely needs a clean up though.

Nice, if slightly gothy picture. Your background has a couple grammar errors and stuff in it, but that’s just minor cleaning up stuff nothing for you to really worry about. Story wise I like it a lot, it flows quite well and gives me a very good picture of Rachel and her life. The back streets bit is kinda dark though. Your motivation and complications works well and tie into the background, all good here. And the addendum here is great, I’m always for people adding to the setting background and you’ve done a great job with the Mantle of Winter entry.

Fixed most of these but still working on the picture. Also can you recheck the power costs please for me because some of them look a little extreme for what I appear to be getting.

Edit added the picture.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jan 22, 2014

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Sheet fixed, will update the background later tonight or tomorrow.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Thank you so much for the feedback. I will correct things in a bit, thank you again. :)

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

"Mark! Hey wait up man!"

Mark slowed down a bit but didn't turn around as his friend Sam caught up. Around bustled other college students, heading to and from their classes. A bird could be hear in one of the nearby trees. No one payed attention to the duo coming out from behind the maintanence buildings, a seldom used short cut.

"What did you back there man? One second those guys were hassling us, then one threw a punch and the next second, you've knocked them all down."

"Tai chi. You know, the martial art I've been taking? That you said was 'for grannies'."

Sam rubs his jaw. " Yeah until you showed me it when I asked for a mock fight. But that was different Mark, you seemed to...flow."

Mark remembers. The feel of his power. How time flowed through him, channeled like chi. Speeding him up yet having the world stay the same. Dozens of moves, condensed into one. Flowing past them, a strange blur. He had felt like he had all the time in the world...

"Just tai chi man, just tai chi." Mark gives Sam a playful punch on the arm.

Sam looks like he's about to argue further but is cut off by the ringing of Mark's cellphone. Then he just looks concerned as Mark answers.

"...yes...yes...just do what you have to. I'll be there shortly." He looks at Sam. "It's my mother. They just had to put her on life support. I've got to go." Sam just watches as his friend leaves.

Hospital

Beep. Beep. Beep. The constant blips on the heart monitor, the mechanical hissing of the ventilator. The only signs of life for the woman laying in front of him, his mother. It had been a month since her condition worsened. Before she had been stable in her coma, but she had slipped further. The doctors didn't know why, couldn't give him answers. Only bigger bills. Mark stands by her side, clenching his fists. Emotions warring through his heart.

"Why didn't you ever tell me mother? How much longer were you going to wait? Or did you just hope it would never need to told?" Mark sighs, then sits down at her side. "I went through the attic after you got worse. Never went looking for the box before. Knowing how much you tried to keep it secret, but couldn't bring yourself to get rid of. Found it. And opened it. Read its contents. It explained so much."

"I've always been aware, on the edge of my consciousness, of the time steams. How they flow. But six months ago, I became more aware."

Six Months Ago

"Mark! Stay! See me after everyone is out!" barked his sensei. Mark stood up from his sparring partner in the dojo, confused. He hadn't even broken a sweat in his match, defeating his opponent in two moves. In his years of training in karate, he'd only excelled. He was only a step away from becoming a black belt. So he was confused as to why his sensei wanted to speak to him after this. He bowed to his partner, then sat down while the others left. "Mark, you've been doing well. You train hard, put a lot of effort in. But I see too much anger in you now. It shows in your fighting. You need better control. I want you to take tai chi." Marks grumbles briefly before his sensei slaps the mat. "I am serious. I know its about your mother's health, but that is no excuse. Before you can receive your black belt, you must do this for yourself.

Present

"He was right. I had a lot of anger back then. Still do now, but I've learned control. And the tai chi...well it wasn't bad at all. I ended up learning a lot from it. But it opened the gate. Once I started to learn to control my chi, the time steams started to come more into focus. I thought I was imagining it at first, but it only got stronger. And then one day, I tried to channel it like I would my channel my chi, and I realized it was real. Time seemed to slow, to divert. I was lost in a raging river, cast adrift. Barely making it back to shore, to control the flow. Since then it's gotten a lot better. My mastery of it improved, making me capable of amazing feats. But I never wanted to think about its source. And then I looked in the box"

Mark sighs. She can't hear me, he thinks. This is useless. But he needed to tell her, needed her to know he finally knew. "You always said dad had died in a car accident, but it was all a lie. He was Chronovore." The name seems to linger in his mouth, a taste. "Big bad villain back then. Caught in a science accident, gained time manipulation powers through consuming the years left of peoples life. The newspaper clippings in the box called him a monster, but you called him husband..." Mark chokes up a bit. But he continues on. He needs an outlet for the truth he had learned. "Died in a big battle with capes, they never found the money he had stolen. That explained where all our money came from, how I'm even able to pay your bills now with the trust fund. But its running out mother. And I don't know what to do. I don't want to take his route, but you need care..." He stays silent. For the remainder of visiting hours, Mark just sits there, silent. Watching the machines keeping her alive.

He walks back home, not taking the bus that had brought him there. A slow walk through an uncaring city. But on his way, he spots a flyer kicking around in the breeze. It catches his eye and he picks it up. HIRE US...maybe he's found a solution.

pre:

Code Name: Chronos	
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 175 lb
Hair: Black
Skin: Tan
Powertheme: Time/Timeline Manipulation

PL: 8

Abilities:	    28 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 2	+2=4		4 points
STA 2	+2=4		4 points
AGL 2	+2=4		4 points
DEX 2			4 points
FGT 4			8 points
INT 0			0 points
AWE 2			4 points
PRE 0			0 points

Offence:

Unarmed +10,         Close, Damage 4, Crit. 18-20

Defence:	  10 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	= (4) + 3 = 7
Fortitude	= (4) + 0 = 4
Dodge		= (4) + 4 = 8
Parry		= (4) + 4 = 8
Will		= (2) + 2 = 4

Initiative: 4 + 8 = 13

Skills:			13 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks
Name        Total   Ranks  PP
Acrobatics    10      6     3
Athletics     10      6     3
Close Combat   
   Unarmed    10      6     3 
Perception    10      8     4

Advantages:		22 points +1pp/+1 advantage rank
Defensive Roll 3
Diehard
Extraordinary Effort
Fast Grab
Improved Aim
Improved Critical (Unarmed) 2
Improved Disarm
Improved Defense
Improved Initiative 2
Improved Smash
Improved Trip
Instant Up
Interpose
Move-by Action
Power Attack
Precise Strike (Close(Cover, Concealment))
Takedown

Powers:		  47  points

Timeline Codensing 2   12 points
Total Cost: 6/ Rank 	Base Cost: 6/ Rank
Action: Free			
Range: Personal		Duration: Sustained
Descriptor: Time
Effects: Enhanced Strength 2, Enhanced Agility 2, Enhanced Stamina 2
Description:
Chronos has found that there are an enormous amount of deviating 
timelines resulting from every action we take. One of the first 
powers he learned was divert one of his closest timelines and
entwine it with his. The result was the doubling of his strength,
stamina and agility. It did nothing for his mental abilities.

Splitting Paths 1       3 points
Total Cost: 3/ Rank 	Base Cost: 1/ Rank
Action: Standard	Resistance: Parry
Range: 60ft Burst	Duration: Sustained
Extras: Area(Burst)+2, Selective
Flaws: Tiring
Effects: Burst Area Strength Damage, Selective, Tiring
Description:
At the risk of fatigue, Chronos reaches further then he should.
Multiple diverting timelines are forced into convergence and the
result is Chronos being in multiple places at once. He remains where
he was while the other versions of himself appear next to opponents
and strike a blow before disappearing.

Slowing Fist 6          12 points
Total Cost: 2/ Rank 	Base Cost: 1/ Rank
Action: Standard	Resistance: Will	
Range: Personal		Duration: Instant
Extras: Cumulative	Flaws: 
Effects: Cumulative Affliction(Freeze), Will Resist,
(Dazed, Stunned, Incapacitated)
Description: 
By striking an opponent, Chronos can opt to effect their
time flow instead of hurting them. With a touch, Chronos slows the passage
of time for the opponent, leaving them increasingly unable to react to
their surrounding until they are for all effects frozen in time.

Time/Space Stretch 4           6 points
Total Cost: 1/ Rank 	Base Cost: 1/ Rank
Flat Extra: Subtle(2)
Flaw: Limited to: (Movement)
Effects: Speed 4 (500ft), Quickness 4, Subtle(2)
Description:
Chronos seems to move at incredible speeds or even teleport. To those around
him, he's just there one minute, then 100 ft away behind the man with
the hostage putting him in a chokehold. What hes really doing is snapping himself
ahead on his time line. To spare a lecture, the closest route between two points
is to put the points together. Effectively, he treats time like its frozen and
looks at where he could move. Then he stretches his current point on his timeline
to there. He can only stretch is so far though, leaving him in normal time between
uses.

Benefits of Acceleration 4      8 points
Total Cost: 2/ Rank 	Base Cost: 2/ Rank
Descriptor:Time
Effects: Movement(Safefall)1,(Waterwalking)1, (Surefooted)2,
Description:
101 Physics may of been a bore for some, but Chronos found it interesting.
Especially that force equals mass times acceleration. By accelerating himself
relative to regular time, he has found he can walk over water by not being
there long enough to break surface tension. The same principle allows him to
stop his falling by exerting enough force in the accelerated span of time to
cancel his momentum. And this all leaves him with extra time to avoid any
obstacles that are in his path, or to pick his way through dangerous terrain.

Timeless                6 points
Total Cost: 6/ Rank 	Base Cost: 6/ Rank	
Range: Personal		Duration: Permanent
Effects: Immunity 1 (Aging) Immunity 5 (Time)
Description:
Chronos's powers to manipulate time render any time power used on him useless,
as he tightly controls his own timeline, allowing no deviation but the ones he
wishes. An unconscious effect of this is that he has stopped aging, but this is
not something hes aware of.

Complications

Power Loss: Mark needs to maintain focus and keep control of his emotions.
His power hinges on his ability to smoothly navigate,divert, and control timelines.
If he gets extremely confused, angry, or incapacitated he loses the ability to use
his power until he has regained focus.

Hospital Bills: After his mothers accident she slipped into a coma and was
hospitalized. She's recently gotten worst and so have the bills. Mark needs to get
money, lots of it, to keep paying for her medical care.

Quornes fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 10, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Ferrosol posted:

Fixed most of these but still working on the picture. Also can you recheck the power costs please for me because some of them look a little extreme for what I appear to be getting.

Edit added the picture.
The picture is good! And the powers section is way more easy to read, thank you.

Winters Bite should be 2pp not 3pp, with extreme cold +2 as the only effect that means it only has a cost of 2pp/rank.
Protection of Winter is spot on.
Icicle Blast is spot on, except that you got caught in a little Heffalump trap. Perception based powers have their damage effects capped at the PL, so you could only have this up to rank 8. This brings the cost down to 24pp though!
Ice Block is spot on.
Ice Skin is spot on.
Which means your in total your powers equal 62pp.

If you want to save some points, you could form an array by making Ice Block an alternate effect of Icicle Blast.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
FREEM! New Super in Ascalon?

Ascalon University was rocked by an explosion Wednesday night, as one of the school's high-energy physics labs was destroyed in a freak accident. Witnesses report hearing a silvery chime that caused radio interference and glass to shiver momentarily, before the blast destroyed most of the lab building. Miraculously, no one was injured, though the experiment's supervisor, Dr. Neil Sanders, was taken to hospital for observation. A casket-sized, highly reflective ovoid was similarly taken to Ascalon General Hospital's Superhuman Medicine wing. Hospital spokespeople describe suggestions that student Lydia Barnes, known to the online community as 'Sprite', has emerged from the object semi-tangible and glowing in shades of violet and pink as 'premature'.

Ascalon General Hospital, Superhuman Services
Patient Name:
Lydia Barnes
Nature of Complaint: Post-Origin Stress

Intake Report
Ms. Barnes was admitted following an apparent Origin Event at Ascalon University, encased in a reflective ovoid structure that deflected all attempts to pierce or damage its surface. At one point Doctor Smith burst in, berated the X-ray technician and uttered claims that it was a 'space-time egg' and that it would 'hatch when it's good and ready', before disappearing without further comment. His whereabouts and methods of evading Super-Medicine's security are currently unknown.

The structure fractured several hours later, disgorging a disoriented occupant who claimed to be, and bore some resemblance to, the missing Lydia Barnes. Dullness of affect was attributed to shock, and Ms. Barnes was allowed to rest after preliminary examinations and determination that the visible radiation emitted by her body did not extend to dangerous wavelengths.

First overt expression of powers was during initial isolation. Subject was watching television, when she looked up and glared at the security camera trained on her bed. Making a 'gun' with thumb and forefinger, she pointed directly at the camera and emitted a stream of binary digits from her extended forefinger. This somehow forced the camera off-line and alerted security, who found her visibly upset and apologetic, claiming that she hadn't meant for that to happen, but also claiming frustration at her lack of stimuli.

Psychological Observation
Ms. Barnes has scored around a 3 on the Ogod-Wyme Anxiety/Dolor Scale since admission, consistent with someone who considers undergoing Origin to be a distantly desirable prospect. Her first utterances upon regaining consciousness were displays of concern for her teacher, Neil Sanders (PhD), and the effect hospitalization will have on her social life. Ms. Barnes has shown few signs of Post-Origin Megalomanic Euphoria, though as with all cases where strong physical or mental developments have occurred, she is under constant observation for signs of dissociation.

Congruent with prior testing, Lydia is of above average intelligence, quite personable, and highly intuitive, with a memory that is no less than phenomenal. By her own admission she has difficulties with attention deficit disorder and 'showing her work', relying mainly on memorization of passages and subconscious assimilation of information, than rigorous practice and long-form explication. Professor Sanders had apparently taken her under his wing because of this.

Origin has not apparently increased the depth or breadth of Lydia's cognitive abilities, but she does think much faster than before. If she can learn to use this newfound speed to cycle through attentional issues more quickly, or simply to complete tasks before deficits become problematic, it will be a potent tool for her.

Ms. Barnes is upbeat but concerned for her standing and future in the 'gaming community', based on the nature of her powers. There is no apparent reason to keep her any longer.

Physiological and Powers Testing
Ms. Barnes has the outward appearance of a woman her chronological age, ignoring her body's tendency toward translucency and the broad spectrum of low-intensity light that it emits. Her internal structures are apparently... mutable to some degree, dependent on the expectations of the observer (see attached notes re: finding a pulse, drawing blood). She still respires, sleeps and processes food, with a preference for pre-Origin patterns; given her physiology, these may be psychological blocks rather than strict requirements.

Ms. Barnes' newly acquired abilities revolve primarily around the manipulation of energy. She is capable of coalescing it into solid objects and hurling the same at high velocities, and of propelling herself somewhat more slowly. Though she lacks fine control (at least on a conscious level), she is able to briefly affect the flow of information in electronic devices and even convert herself into a digital format for high-speed transmission down telephone or fiber-optic cable. Spatial reasoning tests involving complex three-dimensional objects indicate that she can see through solid structures-- possibly an extension of her visual senses into an additional spatial dimension.

Dr. Pyle has suggested that her powers may relate in some way to information theory, but that goes beyond the scope of care that the hospital can provide.

Fragadelic Friday Podcast - Interview With Sprite!
SFX: Sitar strum crossfaded with explosion

Hi everyone, and welcome back to another edition of Fragadelic Friday, the 'net's premiere First Person Podcast! I'm Kent Knight, just like I always am, and tonight I'm speaking with Lydia Barnes, known to some of you as Sprite of the Hell's Belles, who isn't. So, Lydia! Can I call you Sprite?

So, Kent! Sure, go for it! Less confusing for everyone out there!

Okay! So, we've all heard lines like 'there are no girls on the Internet', but there have been all or majority-female clans like the Belles or the Psycho Men Slayers since the early days of competitive Quake. How did you get into it?

I heard my older brother playing Quake II one day. I was four and there was nothing on TV but some villain asking for money like he was PBS, and I didn't feel like playing with my dolls. I looked over his shoulder and got hooked right there! It was bright, it was fast, and the perspective made it look like TV was playing WITH you.

Oh, wow. I bet that caused a lot of fights with your brother.

Some, sure. Dad brought home an N64 one day. He said we'd have to share it, and it did have better local multiplay than a PC, but I never got into the games on it. Turok's Frag Tag was fun, but GoldenEye was kind of janky so... Bro got hooked on stuff like Mortal Kombat and left me to Quake.

Side-scrollers, third-person, fighting games...?

Nope, never got into them as much as I did first-person games. Racers? Sure. Sneakers like Thief or Deus Ex? Definitely. As soon as you got stuck in profile, or even over the shoulder, I started to tune out. Fighting games, I never liked-- combos, cancels, invulnerability frames, jiggle physics... there are even people out there who take Smash Bros. seriously.

Going back just a bit-- four years old? Wow. No wonder you're such a fixture. Some people have started calling you the 'Femme Fatal1ty'-- that's got to be nice.

(laughs) It's a cute nickname, but I'd rather hear people calling him the Guy-Sprite, you know?

Yeah, I guess. What do you have planned, now that you're at the top of your game AND just came out super? Or do you have NDAs?

Actually, it looks like I'm going to have to drop out of competitive play.

(pause) Oh. I'm really sorry, I didn't know. What happened?

When it comes down to it, it's about my powers-- but not because I'm a super. Somebody who thinks or moves really fast still has to deal with buffers and key rollover, even mouse DPI and network latency.

Right.

My powers make me like a walking memory editor and packet spoofer. I COULD hack a game in real time, but I wouldn't because that's stupid and dishonest. I'd probably still get my rear end kicked while I was doing it too. But right now, since I'm still really new to all of this, I'm still getting it under control. If some guy calls for the logs after I've beat him, and it turns out I DID do something, then I'm out of competition for good.

That really sucks. Do you think you'll ever be back?

(laughs) Some guy with ransom demands and an ugly costume got me into this. D'you think another one could keep me away? Yeah, I'll be back. Very least, I can model for those girls they put on video card packaging. (laughs)

Speaking of that, do you think gaming will bring anything to your super-life?

Oh, totally! It's already part of my style, and some of the tricks I've figured out already. Plus I'm sneakier --thanks, T3!-- and more agile than I was before. Guess that might be the gymnastics Mom made me take finally coming out too.

Sounds like you've got everything figured out. Hope to see you back on the circuit soon, Sprite! Before we sign off, is there anything else you'd like to say to our listeners?

Actually, there is. Kent. Kent. Have you been touching yourself again?

(pause) Has everyone seen that drat movie?

(laughs)

Today

Today, Lydia's back at school. Her emissions have been vetted as safe for the laboratory, and she's back to muddling through her classes. Being forced into a leave of absence from the pro gaming circuit has put her in a financial bind; she isn't the best, despite her bravado, but she was good enough to occasionally win a fair purse. There are scholarships available to her, but until (or if) she's approved for any she needs to make her own way.
Enter HIREUS. Sure it's temp work, but it's an excuse to network with other supers and maybe get some leads on training or montages or something like that. She's got talent, untapped potential even, and maybe borrowing someone's Danger Dojo while she's on duty might help with that.

pre:
Name: Lydia Barnes
Codename: Sprite
Concept: Gamer grrl evolving into cosmic-digital life-form.
PL: 8/120

Abilities
Strength	+0	[0]
Stamina		+2	[4]
Agility		+5	[10]
Dexterity	+5	[10]
Fighting        +0      [0]
Intellect	+1	[2]
Awareness	+4	[8]
Presence	+2	[4]

[38]

Defenses
Dodge		 8 [3]
Parry		 0 [0]
Will	 	 6 [2]
Fortitude	 6 [4]
Toughness	 8 [0]

[9]

Offense
Initiative	+5
8-bit Blaster   +8      Ranged, Damage 8

Skills            Total   Rank + Bonus
Acrobatics              +7      2 + 5
Athletics               +2      2 + 0
Expertise: Pop Culture  +5      4 + 1
Insight                 +9      5 + 4
Perception              +10     6 + 4
Stealth                 +6      1 + 5
Technology              +5      4 + 1
Vehicles                +7      2 + 5

[13pp]

Advantages
Assessment
Attractive
Eidetic Memory
Evasion
Move-By Action

[5pp]

Powers

Aimbot
Ranged Attack	3		Total Cost	[3pp]
Description:
Ranged Attack Advantage flavored as a Power. Can be Nullified, but no other
mechanical changes.
Sprite has never touched a gun (a tangible one, at least), save for the ones
manifested by her hard-light projections. Regardless, she has an amazing
facility with them-- one that goes beyond her already astonishing dexterity.
Opponents and metahuman researchers alike suspect that she may be cheating.

Electronic Interrogation
Comprehend   	2		Total Cost	[4pp]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Permanent 	Base Cost	4
Extras  	None
Description:
By focusing on the flow and patterns of energy in electronic devices, Sprite can
interrogate their perceptions, programming and what storage they might have
onboard. Despite her resemblance to things TRON, she does not anthropomorphize
hardware or software that isn't already designed that way.

Flight
Movement  	2		Total Cost	[5pp]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	4
Extras  	Feature (1)
Description:
By adhering herself to the informational substrate of the universe, Sprite can
fly! This effect causes a degree of distortion in her wake, leaving streams of
luminosity behind her. She can manifest holographic thruster pods or wings as
well, depending on mood, but they have no tangible effect on locomotion.

+SkyTweeting
Feature of Flight
Description:
Sprite can leave persistent streaks of light behind herself as she flies; by
modulating output as she steers, she can even draw simple diagrams or write
letters. Sure her messages start to fade before she hits 140 characters, and she
gets dizzy trying to write hash marks and at-symbols, but who uses the term
'skywriting' these days?

Hard-Light Constructs
Create   	8		Total Cost	[19pp]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Sustained 	Base Cost	16
Extras  	Precise (1), AE: Garbage In, Garbage Out (1), AE: Voxel Blasters
(1)
Constructs have a maximum of 8 Toughness and volume of 250 cubic feet, equal
to Rank on the Measurement table.
Description:
Sprite's most visually impressive power is the ability to create objects out of
'hard light' force fields. These constructs are obviously artificial, resembling
early CGI renders with luminous detailing and highlights. Potentially very
versatile, she currently uses it mainly for barriers and temporary furniture.

+Garbage In, Garbage Out
Nullify Electronics   	8	Total Cost	[----]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Instant		Base Cost	16
Extras  	Precise (1), Simultaneous (+1/rank)
		AE of Hard-Light Constructs
Description:
Opposed check of Nullify vs. higher of target effect's rank or subject's
Will. Can selectively Nullify one, some, or all appropriate effects on
target.
Sprite momentarily injects random data into one or more of a target's electronic
systems, forcing a crash and reboot in delicate systems, and a round of error
correction in more hardened ones. Purely mechanical devices merely sneer.

+Voxel Blasters
Ranged Damage  	8		Total Cost	[----]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Instant		Base Cost	16
Extras  	Precise (1)
		AE of Hard-Light Constructs
Description:
Sprite can create constructs that fire streams of high-energy, hard light
'voxels' that pack an impressive punch. Since retro styles are 'in' at the
moment, her guns tend to be hard-edged, polygonal things that emit 8-bit sound
effects as well.

Hard-Light Fields
Protection 	6		Total Cost	[6pp]
Cost/Rank	1
Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	6
Extras:		Sustained (+0/rank)
Description:
Sprite projects hard-light planes and plating around herself, in order to
deflect or absorb incoming attacks. Like her guns, they tend to be chunky,
polygonal affairs.

Noclip Mode
Movement (Permeate) 	3	Total Cost	[6pp]
Cost/Rank	2
Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	6
Description:
Though she likens it to 'turning collision detection off', the mathematics
behind this ability are far more complex. With a bit of concentration, Sprite
can become translucent and phase through solid objects. The same can happen if
she's being particularly absent-minded too-- just ask her about the Red Bull
incident.
This effect usually takes a few seconds of preparation, hence it's of little use
against objects moving at a high relative velocity, like bullets.

Overclocking
Quickness 	2		Total Cost	[1pp]
Cost/Rank	1/2
Duration	Sustained	Base Cost	1
Extras:		Limited to Mental Tasks (-1/rank)
Determine time required for a Routine check on the Measurements table, and
reduce it by Rank steps. Roughly four times faster than normal.
Description:
No longer completely confined to traditional grey matter (or matter at all, for
that... matter), Sprite's mind operates markedly more efficiently and quickly
than before her accident. She's no better than before at explaining how
she reaches her results though, just faster at getting there.

Upload
Teleport 	2		Total Cost	[4pp]
Cost/Rank	2
Action		Special		Range		Rank + 8
Duration	Instant		Base Cost	4
Extras:		Accurate (+1/rank), Extended (+1/rank), Limited to Extended
(-1/rank), Medium (Data Hardlines) (-1/rank)
Description:
Take 2 Move actions to make an extended-range teleport. Dazed and vulnerable
for 1 round after arrival.
Distance is equal to Rank + 8 on the Measurements table; 4 miles (8
kilometers).
Sprite has the uncanny ability to convert herself into pure information and
transport herself through data carrier lines. According to her, copper feels
'warm', fiber feels 'smooth' and there's no discernible difference between
Monster cables and the store branded ones.

Wallhack!
Sensory 	7		Total Cost	[7pp]
Cost/Rank	1
Duration	Permanent	Base Cost	7
Description:
Consists of: Dark Vision (2), Vision Penetrates Concealment (4), and Radio
(1)
Partially adapted to perceiving the universe as a two-dimensional information
structure, as well as a three-dimensional projection, Sprite can effectively see
in the dark and through walls. In accordance with her gimmicky naming scheme,
she calls this 'wallhacking' and 'seeing in fullbright'.
Similarly, she can perceive and understand radio and television broadcasts, but
she has yet to come up with a catchy term for it.

[55pp]

Complications
It's Evolution, Baby!: Okay, so it's technically not evolution, but
Sprite is in the process of becoming something else, a cosmic being
capable of perceiving and interacting with the Universe on its most fundamental
levels, and being really annoying to quantum physicists. As such, she can look
forward to weird fluctuations in her perceptions and powers, analogous to
growing pains. There's also the possibility of visits from similarly invested
beings or quantum physicists with chips on their shoulders... who may be
disappointed to discover that their new sibling/potential mate/prize specimen is
a slacking undergrad who conceptualizes her gifts in terms of simple electronic
amusements.

Dr. Sanders: No, it isn't like that. Even before her Origin, Dr.
Sanders thought Lydia had a remarkable talent for physics work, despite her
school work being somewhat... spotty. They're as close to friends as a young
undergrad and a professor can be without triggering rumours of impropriety.
Lydia figures she owes him big-time, and feels guilty for the explosion that
caused her Origin, though she was apparently not the cause.
Being a local expert on high-energy and exotic physics makes Dr. Sanders a
likely target for kidnapping for villains with particularly spectacular plans.

It's a Living: Lyds is, first and foremost, a student. The heroing thing
might work out to something permanent later, and of course she's going to
fetch kitties from trees even when she's off duty, but she's not keen on taking
her work home with her. That's her homework, gaming and drinking time-- and
besides, vigilantism doesn't pay. Not steadily, anyway. Being dragged into
extracurriculars is a whole other matter.

Abilities Advantages Defenses Skills Powers     Total
38 +      5 +        9 +      13 +    55 +   _ = 120pp

Bieeanshee fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 27, 2014

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Robodog posted:

stuff about how i clearly dont understand the system too well

Thanks for the corrections, ill get updating the sheet. Sorry for clearly missing the whole "there is a cap".

Will also create some more fluff too, might take me a couple of days as im really busy this week.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Everyone didn't know about the cap apparently, edited changed sheet and updated complications! I think it is done kind of. :D

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Estoc, Jeffery Davis

It was my tenth birthday when I made my first blade. Completely by accident, mind you! I was always into the whole "knight in shining armour come to save the day from evil" sort of thing. I had my play shields, my little wooden swords... I must've played with my knights on horseback for months before they broke. It wasn't like you'd expect either, my powers didn't manifest because I was going to die or because I was under a lot of stress. You know what pushed my powers into the open?

My grandfather told me to cut the cake.

Suddenly, there were knives all over the counter, my parents screamed, my little sister started crying, and my grandfather cut his fingers on one of the new blades. The whole situation became pandemonium. Days later, my parents asked me to try to repeat it, and I made them a really nice sword, based off of the Excalibur drawings I saw in my books. They didn't like that one bit. They grounded me for a month and told me never to use my power. Never to make blades come out of nowhere.

A few years ago, however, it came down to a turning point. I was walking home from my highschool, only a few blocks from my house, when a few guys cornered me in an alley. They had two knives between the three of them. With a flick of my arm, swords cut down the two with knives, and yet more formed floating around me. The remaining thug fled. I called the ambulance and then ran home, knowing if I'd stayed my parents would ground me for forever and THEN some. I finished highschool without a hitch, and decided I knew where my passions lied. I apprenticed myself under a blacksmith in another city, it's a dying profession, and set about making props for television shows, stage productions, and learning the trade as a whole. I didn't make enough to pay for room and board on top of the college classes I was taking on the side, so my parents floated the bill for most of it.

I made myself armour, full plate, drat fine quality work for a novice if I do say so myself. And I made myself a sword and two knives by hand, the old way, the normal way. That was when I decided to drop by my parents house for a visit, see my little sister struggling with exams! When I came in, they were arguing. Amy was out, thank god, because they were at each other's throats. It took a few moments for me to realise, they were arguing about me. Not only me, but the money that they didn't have, apparently mom had gotten laid off. I stormed out, knowing I had to make this right. I would not stand by and let my family fall apart, let my sister live in distress.

I know my power is far from ideal for fighting, and I know I am without any superb fighting traits. But I'm training, and I'll train. Until I bleed and pass out, until I'm broken and can go no further. My family's problems stop here. Even with my subpar power, I'll make it work. I picked up one of the fliers back at college, without telling anyone, and stopped by HIREUS to file some intense paperwork.

On said paperwork:

What was the hardest decision you've ever had to make.

"When I was in the tenth grade, I'd seen a classmate getting bullied. Day after day, there was verbal harassment, minor physical toos and fros. I had all the power to step in and stop them, with or without my knives and swords, but my parents warnings and my friends wanting to move on made me walk by. In the eleventh grade, that same kid committed suicide. I'd made the wrong decision, and I'll regret it for the rest of my life."

If you could make that decision again, what would you change about it?

"There are times when a degree of force is necessary. I'd freaking pin those bullies to the walls by their collars and sleeves and make them entirely certain that they knew that this school was protected."

What do you see when you look yourself in the mirror?

"I guess I'm just a normal guy with a few tricks up my sleeve. I'm not as chivalrous as I'd like to be, I'm certainly not tempered enough. I'm a son and a brother, and I want to do what I think is right, damned if the world doesn't agree."

What would others see in you?

"A walking pin cushion made of metal? If they saw me without my guard up, they'd probably think I'm not as good as I pretend to be. I've seen justice fail, heroes losing, villains getting off. I don't see why murderers aren't put to the sword like they were in ages gone by. Much to my dismay it's not my call. Back on topic, they'd see a guy who can make swords and is trying desperately to live up to delusions of grandeur."

What would be the worst crime someone can commit?

"Don't know, murder of children? If someone attacks my sister, I'd cut them to bits and send them back to their family is a jar. Might be a bit harsh, but hey, justice is as justice does."

pre:
Code Name: Estoc
Height: 6'
Weight: 155 lbs
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Brown
Skin: Tan

PL: 8

Abilities:		18 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 3			6  points
STA 0			0  points
AGL 0			0  points
DEX 0			0  points
FGT 6			12 points
INT 0			0  points
AWE 0			0  points
PRE 0			0  points

Offence:
Sword - Close +10, 6 (Slashing), crit 19-20
Knife - Ranged (Thrown) +10, 4 (Piercing), crit 19-20
Swordburst - Area 120ft cone DC 18 dodge, 8 (Slashing)

Defence:		26 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	= 0 + 6 (Armour) + 2 (Defensive Roll)
Fortitude	= 0 + 8
Dodge		= 0 + 8
Parry		= 6 + 2
Will		= 0 + 8

Initiative: 0 + 4 (Improved Initiative)

Skills:			32 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks
Name		Total	Ranks	PP
Athletics	13	10	5
C.C. (Swords)   10      4       2
Expertise(Blacksmithing) 6/6    3
Intimidation    16      16      8
Perception      10      10      5
Knives          10      10      5
Insight         10      8       4

Advantages:		11 points +1pp/+1 
Equipment 3
All-Out Attack
Defensive Roll 2
Accurate Attack
Defensive Attack
Improved Initiative
Improved Disarm
Startle

Equipment:
Sword, 3 slashing damage, strength-based, 19-20 crit (4)
2 knives, 1 piercing damage, strength-based, 19-20 crit (2*2)
Full Plate, Protection 6 (6)
Cell Phone (1)

Powers:			33 points

Sword Burst (Damage 8)       33 points
Total Cost: 1 + 4 / Rank	Base Cost: 1 / Rank
Action:	Standard	Resistance: Dodge (DC 18)
Range:	120ft Cone	Duration:
Extras:	Ranged (1), Area Cone 120ft (2)	
Flaws: 
Flat Extras: Alternate Effect: Summon Swords (Flat 1)
Flat Flaws:
Effects: Swords materialize around Estoc and proceed to fly forward filling the area in front of him.

Summon Swords (Create 10)	Alternate Power
Total Cost: 2 + 3 / Rank	Base Cost: 2 / Rank
Action:	Standard	Resistance: Dodge (DC 18)
Range:	Ranged  	Duration: Sustained
Extras:	Continuous (1), Movable (1)
Flaws: Limited (Can only create blades) (-1)
Flat Extras: Precise, Innate (Flat 2)
Flat Flaws:
Effects: Summons swords that are for all intents and purposes real swords. He can move them telekinetically. 1000 cubic feet is his
limit to create at once, which if calculated with 1 longsword = around 14 cft. About 71 longswords. Alternately, one 1000 cft blade,
though that couldn't be used for much other than a barricade.

Complications:
I'll Show Them!: Although not the most valorous of beginnings for a hero. Estoc is driven by a need to prove himself to
both himself and others. He will accept any challenge he figures won't kill him, and give them all everything he can. This has a 
tendency to get into compromising situations to say the least. He once bet his armor on a duel he lost, he spent several 
months paying for that mistake in hard work.

Responsibility: Parents Ever since he started his blacksmithing career, his parents have been floating his school 
debts, but they've begun to fall behind. He wanted to start being a hero to make them proud, to protect them, and to make sure they 
never have financial troubles because of him again.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 28, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

there is a cap

e: oh i guess ill looking over the new stuff and get the audits up later tonight/tomorrow morning

e2: PS you broke my tables

Robodog fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 23, 2014

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Updated my sheet again. Thanks for all the help.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Oh dear it can't be long now till the final review since I changed my complications I hope it isn't too lame; :ohdear:

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Old audits

Yamtaggler: By George, I think he’s got it! Everything is inside of caps and looks good. Regen does round that way, so you’re good there. Your powers equal 19pp which means your sheet adds up to 112pp, though.

Ferrosol: Looking and formatted real good! Though your defence is 9pp, so your total is 118pp.

Platonicsolid: Absolutely fabulous! And the motivation and complication you added in fit very well and expand on the alien menace in a way I like.

Axe-man: Formatting looks great! And you’re wearing all the caps! It’s all good!

Double Monocle: Ok! Your abilities equal 60pp not 66. Your will defence should be 3, not 2. So your total is 114pp. Also you should have skills, not having any is a bad look even if you’re min maxing hardcore. Your powers all check out, I think, the power blocks are a little confusing. Mago Del Mago will basically never hit anything with your lack of ranged to hit, though.

The added backstory tells me more about El Mago, so that’s all good, and your motivations and complications are better too.

New audits

Quornes: I’m just going to say up front I’m not a huge fan of ‘bullshit’ powers that somebody can just make up to do whatever they like. Even outright magic usually has limits on it to stop that from happening. You using the time powers and array to give yourself enhanced everything and regeneration and immunities sets a bad precedent in my eyes.

You are over caps in to hit and attack, 8 damage effect with +14 to hit is 22 and way over. Your will save is a base of 2 not 1. And your defences equal 9pp not 6. Parting Ways equals 19pp not 17. Your power blocks are all c+p’s so you need to clean those up and make them actually work to each power. I’m pretty sure Winding Paths would cost more than 6pp based on all those extras you kicked onto it. You need to list out the ranks in Stream Codensing otherwise I have no idea what amount of bonuses come from it. And totalling it up powers cost 51pp not 43. So your power point total is 109pp.

Background and complications are pretty alright.

Bieeardo: Throw on the distance you get with Upload and the speed of Overclocking and the capacity of Hard-Light Constructs, and this sheet is 100% good and done!

Very good background, it tells me everything I need to know about Lydia. Your complications work for her too, though you might want to throw a ‘in it for the money’ motivation there too.

Jade Mage: Defences should be 26pp. Athletics should be 13. Swords should be 9. As far as I can tell, your equipment would only cost 10ep, but you should list the cost at the end of each item just so I know for sure the cost and that. And you should list out the cost of the extras on your powers too, for bookkeeping purposes. As I can make out it’s ranged +1/rank, area +3/rank? And 5x8+1=41pp, not 33. Other than that your powers look ok. You revised total should be 119pp.

‘Estoc’. If this is some kind of sly Dark Souls joke I won’t be amused. Your background lays out the whys and hows of Jeff having powers and signing up for HIREUS, but it feels like it is a little lacking on telling me who he is. He isn’t just a mannequin being moved from place to place and summoning knives as the situation calls for it. Is he just motivated by wanting to be an imagined idea of the chivalrous knight and get big bucks in for the family?

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Done and done, tossed in a third Complication.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Hooray!

Finally a reason to wear all my hats to go with my caps.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Whoops, Estoc is a variant of another character I'd made, made to be a little more effectual. I'll get on fixing that!

Edit: I've edited him a bit, tried to give him a little more personality. I sort of meant him as an average Joe though, not exactly suited per se to the heroing business. He would relate more to a local grocer than he might a legend.

Also, Estoc is not a Dark Souls joke, as I've only watched people play it. I'm not that crazy.

Jade Mage fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 27, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Jade Mage posted:

Whoops, Estoc is a variant of another character I'd made, made to be a little more effectual. I'll get on fixing that!

Edit: I've edited him a bit, tried to give him a little more personality. I sort of meant him as an average Joe though, not exactly suited per se to the heroing business. He would relate more to a local grocer than he might a legend.

Also, Estoc is not a Dark Souls joke, as I've only watched people play it. I'm not that crazy.

The edits have worked! Your background tells me a lot more about Estoc as a person. Good work! Just remember to fix the sheet up too and you'll be set!

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

After reviewing my character, the power does seem to come out to 33 points. Area cone starts as a 60ft cone, adding another rank of that to make it a 120ft cone makes the total from it +2, add in ranged and you get +3, and the base is +1. The total is 8*4=32 + flat 1, unless I'm missing something. This means my end total (with a few edits) is actually 112, isn't it?

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Powers changed around, gave better descriptions to each. Unsure if the area attack, Splitting Paths, has the right powerpoint total or if that even how you do it. If I did it right, I think it lets me do a single regular attack to everyone I chose within range

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Jade Mage posted:

After reviewing my character, the power does seem to come out to 33 points. Area cone starts as a 60ft cone, adding another rank of that to make it a 120ft cone makes the total from it +2, add in ranged and you get +3, and the base is +1. The total is 8*4=32 + flat 1, unless I'm missing something. This means my end total (with a few edits) is actually 112, isn't it?

Cone is the only area that starts out at 60ft, the rest are 30ft or lower which I went off of from the top of my head. Yeah, with the cone area you only need area +2 to get to 120ft so the power is 33pp after all. This is why labelling is important for everybody!

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Well updated for HOPEFULLY the final time. Sorry I didnt have skills, didnt know it made me look min max'y. None of the skills screamed magical luchadore to me.

Also edited my MAGIC skill to have the flaw grab based, since I didnt know that was a thing and was totally how I was gonna use the power anyways.

Edit- Thanks again for giving me tips and helping me understand the system.

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 28, 2014

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Double Monocle posted:

Well updated for HOPEFULLY the final time. Sorry I didnt have skills, didnt know it made me look min max'y. None of the skills screamed magical luchadore to me.

Also edited my MAGIC skill to have the flaw grab based, since I didnt know that was a thing and was totally how I was gonna use the power anyways.

Edit- Thanks again for giving me tips and helping me understand the system.

For skills, athletics or acrobatics are good for a luchador and perception or insight usually work for most characters. So the two you added are fine and fill that out. Grab-based is a great way to work around the ranged problem, but there is still a cap problem! The fighting skill you'd use to hit on the grab is 8, and your magic effect rank is 10. You should lower the MAGIC power to 8, or add on an inaccurate flaw to it.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Robodog posted:

For skills, athletics or acrobatics are good for a luchador and perception or insight usually work for most characters. So the two you added are fine and fill that out. Grab-based is a great way to work around the ranged problem, but there is still a cap problem! The fighting skill you'd use to hit on the grab is 8, and your magic effect rank is 10. You should lower the MAGIC power to 8, or add on an inaccurate flaw to it.

Gosh darn caps. fixed.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
Quote is not edit.

Double Monocle fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 29, 2014

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Estoc has been touched up and seems good to go!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Robodog posted:

Ferrosol: Looking and formatted real good! Though your defence is 9pp, so your total is 118pp.

Fixed. Dumped those points into perception instead.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
pre:
Code Name: 
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 160
Hair: Brown
Skin: Caucasion

PL:8

Abilities:		34 points +2pp/+1 ability rank
STR 0			0  points
STA 0			0  points
AGL 3			6  points
DEX 3			6  points
FGT 3			6  points
INT 1			2  points
AWE 7			14 points
PRE 0			0  points

Offence:

Defence:		17 points - +1pp/+1 defence rank
Toughness	2  = (0) + 2[mods]
Fortitude	2  = (0) + 2
Dodge		10 = (3) + 7
Parry		9  = (3) + 6
Will		7  = (7) + 0

Initiative: 3 + [12] = 15

Skills:			22 points +1pp/+2 skill ranks
Name		Total	Ranks	PP
Close Combat    4	2	2
Insight         10      6       6
Investigation   10      6       6
Perception      10      6       6
Ranged Combat   4       2       2

Advantages:		16 points +1pp/+1 advantage rank
Assesment (Insight vs Deception reveals info about the enemy)
Evasion x2  (+5 circumstance bonus to dodge area attacks Dodge=15)
Improved Aim (+10 to hit when taking a standard action to aim)
Improved Initiative x3 (+12 to init)
Precise Attack x4 (Ignores cover and concealment when making ranged/close attacks)
Throwing Mastery x4 (+4 to damage when throwing items, even normally harmless ones)
Uncanny Dodge (Not vulnerable when caught off guard)

Powers:			31 points

Find An Opening (Strike x8)	     15 points
Total Cost: 2/ Rank	Base Cost: 1/ Rank
Action:	Standard	
Range:	Close		      Duration: Instant
Extras:	Penetrating +1/rank    
Flat Flaws:Activation (move) -1 
Effects: Every armor has its flaw and as long as Danny has the time to look closely, he
 can find it and punch it.  

I See All!  (Extended Vision x4)    7 points
Total Cost: 1/ Rank	Base Cost: 1/ Rank
Range:	Personal	Duration: Permanent 
Flat Extras:Alt power x3
Effects: Normally, this power allowed Danny to see 100,000 feet or almost 19 miles.  With
 a bit of focus, however, he can detect both Magical and Psychic residues, extend his
 normal vision across the entire spectrum or even detect the microscopic.
     -Magic Awareness, analytical visual +2PP  - Psi Awareness, analytical visual +2PP
                        or
     -Darkvision +1PP -Infravision +1PP -Radiovision +1PP -Ultravision +1PP
                        or
     -Microscopic Vision +4PP, atomic sized

Glimpse of the Future  (Danger Sense, vision)    1 points
Effects: Danny's vision is so accurate that he can perceive the imperceptible changes in the
 air currents that presage an incoming attack, almost as if he could actually see a few 
seconds into the future. DC10 perception check when surprised.

Can't Fool Me  (Counter Illusion, vision)    1 points
Effects: Yeah, he sees through that poo poo. Visual illusions are automatically detected.

Measure Once  (Distance Sense visual)    1 points
Effects: Danny knows how far it is from here to there.

Eyes In the Back Of My Head  (Radius vision)    1 points
Effects: There aren't really any eyes back there, but Danny can see behind him anyways.

He Went Thataway! (Tracking visual x2)    2 points
Effects: Danny can track at full speed.

Don't Blink  (Rapid vision x3)    3 points
Effects: Danny can see 1000 times faster than a normal person

Complications:
Quirk: Lazy! Danny has had powers for as long as he can remember and the only thing he's done is use them to get out of doing stuff. Tests are easy when you can see the answers of everyone in the room without even turning your head. Being able to see your boss coming from, literally, a mile away means you're never caught goofing off. Why expend effort when you can just copy someone else's work? He's trying to leave the past behind, but it's so hard sometimes.

Secret: Where did I come from? It's only recently that Danny has begun to turn his awesome vision onto himself and start asking questions. The biggest is, how did he get these powers? His earliest memories involve the use of his powers, they've always been with him. His parents aren't anything special, running a small hardware store back in rural Iowa. He doesn't remember any chemical accidents or alien abductions. Where did these powers come from?

Motivation: Responsibility and Recognition are the twin forces driving Danny forward now, two concepts he never particularly cared for, previously.

BACKGROUND TO BE ADDED LATER, NEED A BREAK!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I tried going back to make something more whimsical and ended up losing view of either character. I am pulling out!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Aw. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?

Soonmot posted:

I tried going back to make something more whimsical and ended up losing view of either character. I am pulling out!

That's a shame!

Anyway, there is one person I know who is still working on a sheet so once he gets it done I'll probably be closing the recruit! So give me a bell if you're still working on something or are interested or whatever if you are!

• Locked thread