Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
corn in the bible
Apr 2, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

why is everyone who wears a fedora an rear end in a top hat, that guy won't be quiet and let others talk, gently caress that guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

fedoras are actually powerful mind control devices, sent to bring the white man down

Samsquamsch
Jun 6, 2011

Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdown, Mexican touchdooooown!

oh man he's got a midnight-blue shiny button-up dragon shirt on too

with flames on it

zoomdog
Mar 10, 2004
Certified air dog.

your challenge: see how many pieces of gum you can stick on his fedora for the rest of the year go!

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

whose the goon sitting in the front of my math class

you loving fat poo poo, you look like a literal giant manbaby and everything you say is just the most cringeworthy

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

go up to him and whisper "i took the blue pill" in his ear then shiv him

ballass
Jan 16, 2014

by angerbeet

Sid Vicious posted:

fedoras are actually powerful mind control devices, sent to bring the white man down

haha you stupid gently caress

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

i just want your sufferings ~ your bloods and fluid ~ your stupid fucking tiny skeleton ~

thank god i'm not in class

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

in my experience annoying front-sitters who try to argue with the prof or ask gotcha type questions are almost always the "mature" students

Stalins Moustache
Dec 30, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

in one of the very first introduction courses to university we had to learn a bit about marx, john locke and other important figures in political history. when the professor started talking about john locke, this neckbearded fedora guy with an afro became red as a tomato and was loving furious that the professor would even talk about classical liberalism as an economic philosophy because it was all so wrong and capitalism is so wrong etc etc.

the professor and us students was just staring at him dumbfounded because wtf. the professor then picked up the mic again, trying to calmly explain to him that he was in no way supporting marx or locke, just that he had to teach us about them because it was in the curriculum. the fedora guy was still pissed off but kept his mouth shut the rest of the time.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

This is why you stay out of computer science and introductory humanities and social sciences courses that all the awkward neckbeards are taking for gen ed credits. Seriously, who takes 100-level history? Idiots, that's who.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

he is spreading his euphoria

Stormfang1502
Jan 26, 2003

The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he's on.

Buy him a derby

corn in the bible
Apr 2, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

"do you think the communist rebels regretted it when their actions didn't lead to communism"

what the gently caress do you think

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Mineaiki posted:

This is why you stay out of computer science and introductory humanities and social sciences courses that all the awkward neckbeards are taking for gen ed credits. Seriously, who takes 100-level history? Idiots, that's who.

you didnt do any history before 200 level?

whats your secret

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

in this moment i am euphoric not because of any goon's blessing

but because im enlightened by my own comments and fedora

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Revener posted:

you didnt do any history before 200 level?

whats your secret

Wasn't required. Wandered into the 300-levels. I mean what exactly would constitute a prerequisite course in a history discipline? You need to be able to read, write, and research. Some schools do a chronological thing I hear, where you need to know the early stuff first, but mine isn't like that.

numbs
Jul 20, 2013

by XyloJW

Sid Vicious posted:

go to the we are white people itt thread and preach brother preach!!

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Mineaiki posted:

Wasn't required. Wandered into the 300-levels. I mean what exactly would constitute a prerequisite course in a history discipline? You need to be able to read, write, and research. Some schools do a chronological thing I hear, where you need to know the early stuff first, but mine isn't like that.

its not a pre-req issue but in my program you're required to take certain gen eds and one of those is a 100s level history course, 185 but still 100 level

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

I sit in front and everyone knows who I am but I don't know anyone because I never look back except for the Indian guy that always sits next to me and is exhaustively specific.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Bitchtard posted:

I sit in front and everyone knows who I am but I don't know anyone because I never look back except for the christian guy that always sits next to me and is exhaustively specific.

eerily similar....

keyvin
Sep 9, 2003

My flesh and blood lives. No matter what.

A class that involved discussion? Have fun flipping those burgers when you graduate.

SpicyMeatSandwich
Apr 22, 2007

Hmm 300 level history i'm feeling drat powerful.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

hellfire blast~

greasy neckbeard
fat
ponytail
fedora
severe case of autism

must be a compsci major

mojo1701a
Oct 8, 2008

Saving the world...
at $11 an hour.

I had a guy like this, but with a greasy ponytail instead of a fedora in a second-year video production class, asking us "deep" questions about five-minute bullshit group presentations requiring us to "analyze" a film clip.

Our TAs referred to him as "comic-book guy."

Greasy ponytail's worse; at least you can take off a fedora.

Mineaiki
Nov 20, 2013

Revener posted:

its not a pre-req issue but in my program you're required to take certain gen eds and one of those is a 100s level history course, 185 but still 100 level

Nah, for gen eds here there's just certain types, like humanities, social sciences, hard sciences, math, etc. You can fill those with pretty much anything that fits. Obviously hard science and math will be completed through your major if you're in a STEM course.

So you can choose Boring History for Morons 101 in a 200+ person lecture hall, or you can do something kind of interesting, like 300-level Japanese/Chinese/Korean history. Most of the people choosing the 100-level stuff here are STEM people who have no idea why a small class on a specific subject might be better and more enjoyable for history. Same goes for poly-sci, sociology, literature, etc.

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

hellfire blast~

pelt that sucker with spitballs

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

HISTORY!

"Gentlemen remove their hats indoors, dillwad"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

compliment him on his hat repeatedly, but use the wrong name

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

hellfire blast~

Mineaiki posted:

Nah, for gen eds here there's just certain types, like humanities, social sciences, hard sciences, math, etc. You can fill those with pretty much anything that fits. Obviously hard science and math will be completed through your major if you're in a STEM course.

So you can choose Boring History for Morons 101 in a 200+ person lecture hall, or you can do something kind of interesting, like 300-level Japanese/Chinese/Korean history. Most of the people choosing the 100-level stuff here are STEM people who have no idea why a small class on a specific subject might be better and more enjoyable for history. Same goes for poly-sci, sociology, literature, etc.

in my school everything required at least a 100-level intro class before you could do any of the cool poo poo, but after I took intro to philosophy I jumped right into the 400s and had a wild time just talking about poo poo and writing papers. it owned.

good thing about 400-level philosophy: you can skip class all the time, if you need to

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Smarmy Coworker posted:

in my school everything required at least a 100-level intro class before you could do any of the cool poo poo, but after I took intro to philosophy I jumped right into the 400s and had a wild time just talking about poo poo and writing papers. it owned.

good thing about 400-level philosophy: you can skip class all the time, if you need to

Bad thing: you'll actually know just how pointless the burgers you flip are

Smarmy Coworker
May 10, 2008

hellfire blast~

very true
i have just ended the philosophy of death. the good news is it's okay to kill myself.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004
Number One In The Hood, G

A well-dressed man ought to be able to wear a fedora, but insane nerds have completely ruined a perfectly good piece of clothing the way Hitler killed a style of facial hair.

corn in the bible
Apr 2, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Bitchtard posted:

Bad thing: you'll actually know just how pointless the burgers you flip are

you can do a lot with a history degree, fortunately

almost none of it involves history though since the education sector is hosed

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

crowfeathers posted:

you can do a lot with a history degree, fortunately

almost none of it involves history though since the education sector is hosed

I thought history was gay until I got to college and started to learn actual history. Actual history is fuckin sweet

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Here you go. Juicy Fruit. Happy?

Has he tried to tell you what his hobbies are yet, and somehow bring those into the class discussions?

Buckwild Dorf
Apr 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

Whenever art comes up, that's the guy who always finds the most stuttering and illogical way to say "it means different things to different people"

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

Buyer's Remorse

don't be so hard on yourself, op. i'm sure you're a nice guy

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

neckbearded fedora penis face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

I'm the guy blurting things out before the professor can to impress everyone with how much I know

«5 »