Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007
To the guy that posted all the HP/Torque stuff: who cares? Motorcycles in this country have gone nuts. Every year the displacements get bigger, and for what? Track days? What if you don't care about that poo poo and don't want a drat car engine on your bike? Maybe it's because we're so fat and our dicks are being subsumed by our gunts so we feel the need to compensate with these monsters. The bonny is a gentlemans bike, if you get it, you will like it. Yeah the acceleration is linear, but that's a good thing. My last bike was a 07 Ninja 500, and the jerky torque got me in trouble more often than not. I was glad when it got totalled.

Look at this happy mother fucker.

it's me

An album of the bike I love: http://imgur.com/a/aLpLN

Nice Sweet Meat fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

red19fire posted:

E: also, UJM's Best M's.

I agree. If it was feasible for me to maintain a 70s Honda 750Four, I would have done that instead. But my mechanic refuses to work on those, and I'm the worlds shittiest mechanic. Bonny has fuel injection disguised as throttle bodies. Dependable and safe, because after having my leg smashed by an old cager turning left, I AM boring and soulless, but at least I'm boring and soulless on 2 wheels.

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

Z3n posted:

Honestly a bonnie doesn't do 75 "easily". It'll do it, but its not going to be a great freeway cruiser. I was pretty let down by how heavy and slow it was when I got one as a loaner.

It does 75 very easily. It does 100 without much effort, it just does it smoothly. I ride from Atlanta to Macon and back again between 80-90 the whole way, and except for the cold, it was way more comfortable than my Ninja 500.

Nice Sweet Meat fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jan 20, 2014

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

BlackLaser posted:

I had a 919. I found the seat to be a torture rack. I have to ride 30-60 minutes to even find a bend in the road in Florida so comfort is important to me. My rear end was killing me by the time I got to the "curves". I sold it and bought a used 2013 Thruxton with Arrow exhaust already installed by the PO. I like the Thruxton more. I'm nearly 40 though, so maybe it's an older guy thing? You can tune the Triumph's with free software, and cheap cable from ebay. http://www.tuneecu.com/ Bike does 100mph without much issue. I have no complaints cruising at 70-80. I think for the price it's a good bike. It's not perfect, but priced correctly for what it is, unlike the Honda CB IMO.

poo poo cell phone pic of my bike from a few months ago.

Am 44, love my 09 bonny se, am a boring man, can confirm.

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Exhibit A: British bike in its natural state; being towed somewhere while a grumpy dude smokes about it.

Hehe, that was the day I bought it. I was getting it off the trailer when my wifey took a pic. Not that it's relevant at all, but I've lost 20 lbs since that pic was taken. Am a grumpy dude who smokes about it, though. That bike is crazy reliable (so far). Starts every time, first try, even at around 32 degrees F. Fuel injected (which is new to me), and has a two position choke. You know how it is, you love your bike the most out of all others.

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

Z3n posted:

Have you ridden any bikes besides your ninja 500 and your bonnie? Because yes, it will do 100mph, but that doesnt have much to do with how comfortable it's going to be at freeway speeds. More power and taller gearing does wonders for freeway riding.

Despite the fact that it is an 800, it makes mediocre power and outweighs similar bikes like the sv650 by quite a bit. It's not a bad bike, just know that as a p-twin 800 it's not going to be a real great freeway cruise, like a bandit 1200, sport touring bike like a zzr1200, or anything like that. You buy a bonnie because you like the look, everything else about it is expectedly marginal.

The Ninja was the first/last "sport bike" I ever owned. I grew up riding a 78 Honda 175 dirtbike (86-89) then I didn't get another bike until 2006, which was a 89 Honda CM400T. I've ridden a lot of bikes in Mexico and India, where the highest displacement is around 250 usually. I ride mostly in Atlanta, surface and highway, so I don't need a lot of power. I'm also 44 so I don't really get wanting anything with crazy torque or speed. The bonny suits me down to the ground.

I got hit by a 70 year old left turning cager back in May. Shattered my left leg, had to get titanium, etc etc. So I'm way more cautious than I used to be. I guess that's part of my bias.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nice Sweet Meat
Apr 10, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

A Sportster 1200 is a solid bike that will do 75 without trouble. Many available, parts are easy to get, 45deg vtwin is objectively the best config.

Yeah, but it's a loving harley. ew.

• Locked thread