Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
My vote is for the CB1100. I've always wanted a 69-72 (or something like that) CB750 and the CB1100 is like one of those with better looks, FI, and parts that aren't 40 years old. I'll get one used in a few years for cheap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I've never seen one outside a dealership and I see ads with dealers marking them down quite a bit so I assume they're selling poorly, which is too bad. I think the price is probably too high. If you got it closer to an HD Sportster you might take some of that market?

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Is the Speed Triple standard enough? You're not going to find many bikes more fun that could fall into the category.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

edit: im dumb disregard

have a cool image

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsKFsce5phw is the best review I've seen of it and has convinced me to not buy one over a CB1100.

Nice Sweet Meat posted:

To the guy that posted all the HP/Torque stuff: who cares? Motorcycles in this country have gone nuts. Every year the displacements get bigger, and for what? Track days? What if you don't care about that poo poo and don't want a drat car engine on your bike?

If you don't like the feeling of 0 to 60 in under three seconds you are a boring soulless person.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

Somewhat relevant, just noticed for 2014 there's a CB1100EX:

Larger tank, better looking seat (imo), spoked wheels, six speed gearbox (instead of 5), and twin exhausts. It looks even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

I did a demo ride on a Bonneville as well and liked it plenty but as soon as I got on the highway I knew it wasn't what I wanted as my main bike. If you live somewhere where the top speed limit everywhere is 55 and people drive slow, like in Oregon, you'll be fine. Anything higher than that frankly sucks after too long. Z1000s and similar are much better since you're leaning forward.

A UJM style bike is what I'd use if I were going to travel across the country on back roads and avoid highways.

• Locked thread