Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Wendigee posted:

The SVF650 and vstrom... I am not a fan of the styling.

I've kind of narrowed it down to a Bonneville Triumph or a Honda CB1100.

Triumph seems to be a bit cheaper... Honda has a slightly larger engine. Any thoughts? Anyone had experience with both bikes?

I've scrounged a bit and it looks like Honda will be releasing a reworked version of the CB1100 EX sometime in 2014. Adding a sixth gear while turning the CB1100 standard edition into a more barebones cafe race style which likely won't appeal to me. I want an upright seating position.

I've heard the CB1100 drives rather milder than the Bonneville even though the enginer has a large displacement.

I want fast acceleration and be able to cruise comfortably at 75mph.

Thoughts? Comments?

Just buy the bonnie. The bugs are worked out, the price is right, it's a fun bike. If the CBs were priced the same as the bonneville, it would be an interesting fight, but with Honda dealers wanting 11+k for it, I don't see how those things even factor in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

astrollinthepork posted:

They dont but buying new is silly.

Not when you look at what people want for a used Bonneville, and the non-existent secondary market for the slow selling CB1100s.

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

Wendigee posted:

I don't think they cell the 919 anymore... at least I don't see it on their website.

Yea, the 919 hasn't been in the US since ~'06 or so.

• Locked thread