Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«8 »
poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

They can be separate restaurants or sealed off through the middle with a glass wall. I donít care. I quit several years ago personally, but sometimes, I long for the old days. If I want a steak, a hard drink and a smoke there should be a legal public option somewhere. California has gone to hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Friend
Sep 11, 2009

I think that's very inconsiderate op

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

the biggest thing keeping me from starting smoking again is having nowhere to do it.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

If you don't smoke you'll never reach your full coolness potential, squares.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

is there somewhere left in the first world where that you can still do this? vegas was still cool with it when i went, but that was a while back

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

"HATERS GONNA HATE!"

STAR CITIZEN
will be the GREATEST GAME EVER!!!

I'm already a

REAR ADMIRAL what are you?

I prefer not having to ingest the taste of cigarettes when I stuff my face with steak.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!

Smokers should be sequestered to smoking teepees far away from everyone else.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

i hope they dont do this because im trying to quit

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

KING OF ASPERGERS

no gently caress you like 80% of flavor is actually smell gently caress you

YourHealthyColon
Nov 21, 2013

A steak would be wasted on a smoker because they have ruined tastebuds, might as well eat a grilled boot.

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

I stopped in Memphis a few years ago and as of then it was still legal to smoke in bars/restaurants

As a smoker it felt weird at first but then it was like I was back in the golden days of smoking when you could light up while shopping for groceries or at your desk in the office or wherever

MassaShowtime
Aug 16, 2012

Saviour, thy name is Knuckle

I just got back from Cuba and you can smoke wherethefuck you want cause communism is king

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

put the smoking section on the roof, rain or shine, summer or winter

Cosmic Charlie
Apr 6, 2009

How do you do? Truckin' in style along the avenue

.lnk to the past posted:

is there somewhere left in the first world where that you can still do this? vegas was still cool with it when i went, but that was a while back

You can in some places in the american south, but they're disappearing quickly.

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Meth and bath salts only.

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

MassaShowtime posted:

I just got back from Cuba and you can smoke wherethefuck you want cause communism is king

i watched a movie about how they maintain there 60+ year old cars and there was a guy making asbestos brake pads without so much as a dust mask of course they dont give a gently caress about tobacco smoke

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?

poopzilla posted:

They can be separate restaurants or sealed off through the middle with a glass wall. I donít care. I quit several years ago personally, but sometimes, I long for the old days. If I want a steak, a hard drink and a smoke there should be a legal public option somewhere. California has gone to hell.

I can understand why they did it in restaurants, but why bars?

Mach5
Aug 1, 2004

Shatfaced!

for some reason i don't really care if people smoke in bars or whatever

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005
I LIKE TO CALL WOMEN CUNTS WHEN I DISAGREE WITH THEM BECAUSE I'M SUPER FUCKING EDGY. I SHOULD PROBABLY SHUT THE FUCK UP BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, CUNT?

it sucks and it's embarrassing but I go outside while I'm waiting for the food to come, and after I'm finished eating. people I'm with always give me funny looks.

I miss the days when after a good meal you could kick back with a nice glass of booze and light one up, and no one gave a poo poo.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

Yea, then I'd just go into every place and be like "hey, I didn't asked for a SMOKED salmon" and be generally well loved

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?

Mach5 posted:

for some reason i don't really care if people smoke in bars or whatever

it suck if your a non smoker and you are right behind the smoking section.

Sauska
Sep 12, 2012

.lnk to the past posted:

The tiny town I grew up in has a bar with some food (limited pizza and like a burger or tenderloin i think) and you can smoke there. The problem is you probably should not make eye contact with anyone or try to initiate conversation

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

.lnk to the past posted:

vegas banning smoking indoors will be a sign of the end times

Young Freud
Nov 25, 2006

OP, just get a vaporizer.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Young Freud posted:

OP, just get a vaporizer.

Get hosed.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

Chicago banned e-cigarettes indoors

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?

what are we talking about again?

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

the kind of person who smokes an e-cig indoors is probably also the same kind of guy who would text during the previews by which i mean they should be shoit

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

what are we talking about again?

acini di pepe

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

i think that you can realistically make a case for smoking in bars but it's honestly just loving disgusting to smoke in a restaurant and i'm glad that's banned almost everywhere now

like i used to smoke a pack a day and now i only smoke maybe a couple cigs a week but even at the peak of my addiction i could still recognize that the smoke was really gross and off-putting when people were trying to eat

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?

Revener posted:

the kind of person who smokes an e-cig indoors is probably also the same kind of guy who would text during the previews by which i mean they should be shoit

what?

Snitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

asteroid sage posted:

i think that you can realistically make a case for smoking in bars but it's honestly just loving disgusting to smoke in a restaurant and i'm glad that's banned almost everywhere now

like i used to smoke a pack a day and now i only smoke maybe a couple cigs a week but even at the peak of my addiction i could still recognize that the smoke was really gross and off-putting when people were trying to eat

Christian LARPer
Sep 9, 2005
I LIKE TO CALL WOMEN CUNTS WHEN I DISAGREE WITH THEM BECAUSE I'M SUPER FUCKING EDGY. I SHOULD PROBABLY SHUT THE FUCK UP BUT WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT, CUNT?

I was in a used tire place getting my spare replaced last week, and in the waiting room there was the old black owner puffing on a cigar. I asked if it was cool to smoke what with the laws and everything, and he replied "gently caress all that poo poo". I lit up.

if you told me 10 years ago it would be illegal to smoke in a bar I would have laughed. you can't even smoke in an outdoor stadium here anymore. there is one bar that still lets you smoke. they just pay the fines every time they get caught.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

It is always about people.

Smokers are going to kill themselves off just need to wait a few more years.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

You can go to secret korean bars in SF and smoke indoors

Telemarchitect
Oct 1, 2009

TOUCH THE KNOB

lol if you need to suck deadly ash every five minutes to function as a human being

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?

Christian LARPer posted:

I was in a used tire place getting my spare replaced last week, and in the waiting room there was the old black owner puffing on a cigar. I asked if it was cool to smoke what with the laws and everything, and he replied "gently caress all that poo poo". I lit up.

if you told me 10 years ago it would be illegal to smoke in a bar I would have laughed. you can't even smoke in an outdoor stadium here anymore. there is one bar that still lets you smoke. they just pay the fines every time they get caught.

Now we know you are stupid as hell

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

smoking when someone is eating is real gross and rude

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpy Muffinz
Aug 11, 2008

Banned?