Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
D
For the Glory of Rome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

C
Honor through Valor!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

I do heartily agree with the Legion project. I put my support behind it!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Pax Romana!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Vote for Old Romans
The Empire will rise again.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

##Vote Old Romans

##Vote New Marians

##Vote Expansionists

##Vote Phanariotes

Glory to Rome!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Truly today is a good day! We shall take what is rightfully ours from the Heathens and despoilers that now squat on it. For Zeus Jesus!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Θάνατος στους προδότες, δόξα της αυτοκρατορίας

I announce my allegiance to the Black Chamber and the Empire. Glory to Rome.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Rubix Squid posted:

I suggest the Black Chamber use this as the symbol for the party to give it a more presentable face; the bloody hand while accurate doesn't do the group much favors. It features the Hand of Mary, a symbol that has long symbolized protection from evil in the Levant and the Black Chamber itself has many Icons of the Virgin Mary within it's halls.

This man has the right idea. Its time to put on a better face, we may have to deal with the plebs after all.
The time has come, the Empire's borders will be expanded with the Empress's death and the men of Russ brought under our command. Soon Rome will rise again, under the guidance of a...Guiding Hand.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

##support Yaroslvich

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Vote Rome

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Vote C

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Unvote C
##Vote A

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

AdventFalls posted:

Good poo poo.

This, I like this. We should do it.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
I vote for B

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Join the Monternos Party

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
A]

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Vote B!
Death to the Doukes traitors!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##A
Forward onto the future! Those who stand against this would have us simply crawl back into the Dark Ages, weeping children too afraid of the unknown to taste greatness. But, we are not children. We are adults, standing tall on the backs of those who came before us. And we shall reach out and grab the fruit of greatness, whether it come from the East or the West!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Caustic Soda posted:

## Vote B. 'Tradition' is just another word for 'inertia'. A state which is content to coast along on tradition will find itself left behind by more forward-thinking states. Let the "Holy Romans" and the Scottish cling to the past, the strength of Rome is in looking towards the future.

Thiiiiiiiiiink you mean A there buddy. Unless you are voting not to "Westernize"? Because it kind of sounds like you are.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

##Join the Monternos Party.
Is ultro ad pacem!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Alexandros Chronis, first of his name
Seeing as our glorious leader has stepped down I put myself up for ##PartyLeadership.
Our party needs a leader to fill the void that Hira left and I promise that I will do my best to advance the Monternos Party agenda.
Add me on skype as renomonty

mcclay fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Aug 2, 2014

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

sniper4625 posted:

Perhaps the various leadership candidates could give a short speech as to their platforms should they assume leadership?

I agree with this motion. I will begin writing my speech immediately.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Friends, Romans, Partymembers! Lend me your ears. For long has a party sought to bring a shining new future to the Empire. But we have looked to the wrong place. We sought to emulate the glory of Ming, to grab onto their coattails and pulls ourselves up to their place in the sun, but this was wrong. While yes, Ming deserves to be respected and even emulated we have forgotten what makes us Roman. We have forgotten Caesar, Constantine, Trajan, Valeria and Iouliana. We have forgotten our past and thus we are doomed to forever have the future be just out of reach. I say we look to our country, our culture, our traditions and from a distinctly Roman future. The East shines brightly but it is a fake light, like the Willow-o-wisps of the shattered Isles it seeks to lead us to death and destruction. I say we turn to ourselves and forge a new path, a mixture of both the East and the West. We will progress, yes, but it will be at our own pace, a distinctively Roman progress. Under my guiding hand the Monternos will lead this progress and push against both the East and the West, crushing the usurpers in Da Qin and taking measures to defend ourselves against the French. We will spread both East and West, taking all cultures and religions into our protective folds. This what I say must happen, for if it does not we will fall into the stagnant waters of chaos and war that the Discordians wish to plunge us into. Now, think carefully on how you vote, members of our esteemed party.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Senator Jag, considering our similar campaign platforms and goals I was hoping you could join me in some talks. My Skype is renomonty, or Charles. Not sure which is the one that will show up
We should consider something that might benefit us and the Monternos party as a whole.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Due to our similar platforms and goals Senator Jag and I have decided to ##Run as Joint Candidates.
A vote for either of us is a vote for both. We will lead the Empire into a Roman future.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Ah yes, good. The Monternos party will ##Join the Coaliton
Also, all party members get on and add renomonty on Skype. So we can like, have actual organisation and stuff.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Hey yo, party members. We have an IRC on synIRC
Channel is #monternos.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

ATTENTION ALL MONTERNOS PARTY MEMBERS! ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE PARTY WILL HAPPEN THROUGH OUR IRC! IF YOU DO NOT JOIN IT THEN YOU ARE WILLING GIVING UP ANY DECISION MAKING POWER IN THE PARTY!
SynIRC
#monternos

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Hey, if a New Marian liaison could get on the Monteros IRC that would be great.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
B

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

##Vote Julian

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
## Support the Prudent Diplomat

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Support the Semi-reputable Jurist

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Reject the false Emperor!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

##A Support the Republic.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Union Man, doing whatever a Union can.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Support the Implacable General
While I may not know what the hell is going on, I will say this. The living rule in Byztion, not the dead!

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
Wait poo poo, whoops.

##Support the New Byzantine
The least crazy ghost also works for me, I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat
##Support the Florentine Student

• Locked thread