Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Tommy John
Feb 20, 2004

"Just a few more ligaments and this baby can shoot 90!"
Isn't one of the stated design decisions they made to have no story at all so it was more of a classic 'shootmans' in the vein of old arena shooters?

Like, is there any single part of their design philosophy that they haven't done the literal opposite of at one point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
Used to be that hackusations in FPS were just from salty losers, you can never really know for certain nowadays.

waffledoodle
Oct 1, 2005

I believe your boast sounds vaguely familiar.

Dr. Tommy John posted:

Isn't one of the stated design decisions they made to have no story at all so it was more of a classic 'shootmans' in the vein of old arena shooters?

No, you are mistaken on this point

quote:

Like, is there any single part of their design philosophy that they haven't done the literal opposite of at one point?

but maybe not on this one

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Collateral Damage posted:

What was that about?

https://www.loadout.com/forums/index.php?threads/sinnen-boss-the-abortion-survivor-who-needs-to-hack-at-the-easiest-videogames.13092/

Top player on top team has been hacking for > 1 year.

I actually was on that team for a little. (edit: actually I created that team and got cut because I never really wanted to play).

Garfu fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 2, 2014

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Is this game loving dead or what?

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Mr Scumbag posted:

The first part.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

That thread on a long-term hacker is really interesting. You really never know if someone is legitimately that good or if they simply know how to cheat.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Mr Scumbag posted:

The game had heart, but lacked direction. drat shame.

Also this.

Anarch fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Feb 23, 2015

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Well everything makes sense now.

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

quote:

Pricing for in-game items in their original IP are based on development time and not any discernible sales strategy. Example: Players are expected to pay 45 bucks for a naked character whose midsection is blurred out because someone thought it was a good idea to waste months of development time on it.

lol

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

This is what happens when you have management who has no idea what they are doing but are allowed to continue doing it because no one is allowed to question them. Way to run a good thing directly into the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
A shame to see that Loadout isn't going to get out of it's death spiral.

I loved annihilation when it came out and getting to be friends with a lot of the top tier players by virtue of being a persistent fucker even when on horrible teams. Even the new PvE mode could have had some potential as long as it got polished/fixed and didn't interfere with ranked pvp.

I might be part of the problem though since I played the poo poo out of the game, yet I don't think I spent a single dime on spacebux.

• Locked thread