Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyborgmatt
Aug 9, 2009

Honk.

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Disclaimer: This can cause game instability when alt+tabbing, especially crashes.

Borderless windowed mode isn't removed forever, it's merely disabled right now due to issues with the implementation of DX11 features - it will come back in a future patch.
I haven't any issues (yet). I'll keep that in mind though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
I'm a real dummy, I guess. I have no loving clue how this bro code stuff works.

I have had Loadout on Steam ever since they were offering the Founder's Packs which I diligently purchased. Now I want to give my buddy a bro code, but I have no idea where to find it. They really haven't done a good job of explaining this at all.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

Mr Scumbag posted:

I'm a real dummy, I guess. I have no loving clue how this bro code stuff works.

I have had Loadout on Steam ever since they were offering the Founder's Packs which I diligently purchased. Now I want to give my buddy a bro code, but I have no idea where to find it. They really haven't done a good job of explaining this at all.

Log into the Loadout website (http://www.loadout.com/) and in the top right of the website, simply click 'Account' - The page that loads will detail your bro code.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

a cock shaped fruit posted:

Log into the Loadout website (http://www.loadout.com/) and in the top right of the website, simply click 'Account' - The page that loads will detail your bro code.

Thanks. I'll do that.

In addition to that, I'm wondering how that's linked with my Steam account. It's been so long since I purchased the founder's pack I'm not sure if just doing that through Steam created an account there or if I had to do that manually. I've logged in with my old email address (my new one didn't work so it must have been before I changed) so I'm just wondering how I know the account I'm logged in with isn't some weird secondary account I might somehow have or is actually linked to Loadout.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here

Mr Scumbag posted:

Thanks. I'll do that.

In addition to that, I'm wondering how that's linked with my Steam account. It's been so long since I purchased the founder's pack I'm not sure if just doing that through Steam created an account there or if I had to do that manually. I've logged in with my old email address (my new one didn't work so it must have been before I changed) so I'm just wondering how I know the account I'm logged in with isn't some weird secondary account I might somehow have or is actually linked to Loadout.

I'm wondering this too! I set up Arsonide on their site, but it appears to be *completely separate* from Arsonide in game, because in game I do not have to log in, it uses my Steam account, but me and my friends get proper bro bonuses. They signed up using my site code.

Cyborgmatt
Aug 9, 2009

Honk.
They really need to get on top of the server issues asap or it's going to ruin their launch.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
What do you mean "too many people on the server"!? Don't they know I want to play to? Mooching off my free game.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Are the servers just completely boned right now? I've been trying to get into a game for the better part of an hour now without any positive results. :(

Cyborgmatt
Aug 9, 2009

Honk.

JordanKai posted:

Are the servers just completely boned right now? I've been trying to get into a game for the better part of an hour now without any positive results. :(
Yeap. It's impossible to get into a match which basically makes the game unplayable right now.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
At least testing the weapons counts as gameplay... right? :unsmith:

ScottyBomb
Oct 24, 2005

Cthulhu loves me, this I know, for ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!!
Managed to get in a few bot games yesterday and Loadout is insane, frenetic and balls-out fun. Stopped after I hit level 2 and unlocked enough parts for an electric pulse shotgun, a laser sniper gun and a cluster-bomb rocket launcher. Will they be effective? I don't care, I'm just having fun running and gunning. :D

Seriously, this is the first free-to-play game I've obtained in a long time that I'm considering supporting with my actual money (and so I can customize my in game avatar.)

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

ScottyBomb posted:

Managed to get in a few bot games yesterday and Loadout is insane, frenetic and balls-out fun. Stopped after I hit level 2 and unlocked enough parts for an electric pulse shotgun, a laser sniper gun and a cluster-bomb rocket launcher. Will they be effective? I don't care, I'm just having fun running and gunning. :D

Seriously, this is the first free-to-play game I've obtained in a long time that I'm considering supporting with my actual money (and so I can customize my in game avatar.)

Watch the stream, might land a slick criminal code (has a hat, jacket, and pants for axl). Then also get the on steam bundle, an extra 4k spacebucks and some bonus cosmetics.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Sorry, I haven't been following this game's development, but is there any goddamn reason in the world for it to not have dedicated servers? Like, isn't that easier to do than a matchmaking system?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

Matchmaking systems *never* work. Even if they happen to work, it's generally more convenient to have a simple server browser.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
As soon as this game works some buddies and I will be playing the poo poo out of it. Feel free to add me in game same as SA name. I'm fun to play FPS' with.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

Garfu posted:

As soon as this game works some buddies and I will be playing the poo poo out of it. Feel free to add me in game same as SA name. I'm fun to play FPS' with.

EDIT - wait may of added wrong guy

DOUBLE EDIT - No wait there you are. Great hit me up if you need some support!

Ronnie fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Feb 1, 2014

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

Ronnie posted:

EDIT - wait may of added wrong guy

DOUBLE EDIT - No wait there you. Great hit me up if you need some support!

Yeah it's kind of weird. My account name is g4rfu (because someone already took garfu somehow?????) but my display name is garfu. Which one is used when adding in-game friends? Friends is down so I haven't really tested it.

edit: nvm all that, looks like it's in-game name.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Well I played this a bit last night. I'm mixed.

The movement is tight and felt good. There's lots of skill- and map-based tricks to learn and that's always fun. I feel like the game design and weapon balance favors blobbing up pretty heavily but I haven't played enough yet to really know what I'm talking about.

The weaponcrafting is meh. It's a neat idea and they've clearly put a lot of work into it but it's behind a f2p grind. It also makes any mode that involves weapon control (a classic element of arena shooters) impossible, but I'm trying not to hold this against them. The individual weapon parts having ground-out levels is just loving terrible and makes me hate the game.

The matchmaker does not work. This might be launch day, but multiple people in chat who claimed they were in the beta told me that it never works and to just get used to having LoadoutGod420 show up in your game and own everyone.

The cash shop prices are beyond Marvel Heroes level. Just crazy. 60 bucks in real money would get you: one outfit for each character (or three completely new outfits for one character) + maybe a week boost or a weapon slot, plus whatever you got as part of the pack. That's it. Or you could get 4 loadouts and 8 gunslots, + an outfit for one character. Never going to happen.

You're probably thinking this is a thread poo poo post, but it's not. The core of this is pretty good and has a lot of potential. I desperately wanted a good arena shooter. I really feel like this should have been a full price game, that it would have helped a lot of the mechanics, instead of what it is, which is a potentially good game that's infected by F2P crap and crazy prices. Well, that's my take on it. I'm perfectly fine with playing this game a couple of times a week and enjoying it without ever spending a penny. Bummer.

edit: originally I said that it probably would not revitalize the arena shooter, but you know what? It just might. It's free to try, there's a lot of pent-up demand, and people seem to like the art style, so it might get them realizing that there's more to shooters beyond CoD.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Feb 1, 2014

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I agree with you for the most part, especially with the shop prices. I remember Tribes: Ascend being pretty much the best example of how to do F2P. Just spending a little money on a starter pack got you all sorts of permanent bonuses and a bunch of funbucks. These people are asking me to pay 20 bucks for one costume and enough in-game money for a couple more costumes.

This game is still early, they're planning to expand it and that could mean changes to the prices. But it's pretty crazy they're asking so much for individual cosmetic items.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
It's been awhile since I played, can I still drop a healing beam turret for auto-medkit action?

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!
Well since I can't actually play a real game, I spent a little time with the weapon customization. It was boring until I realized you can test weapons without buying the parts as long as the parts are selectable! So I built this terrifying monster:

The important bits are Launcher, Tri-Barrel, Tesla, Sticky, Timed, Cluster. Has a 3-rocket clip and shoots timed sticky bombs. The great part is that the whole time the bomb is waiting to explode, it's shocking nearby enemies! If you manage to stick an enemy directly, it will shock them continuously until it explodes, scattering half a dozen more tesla bombs around and then they explode. With the practice bots it takes just two direct hits to kill an enemy, and if they're close by another, that one will be almost dead.

This game is (gonna be) fun.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sunblood posted:

The important bits are Launcher, Tri-Barrel, Tesla, Sticky, Timed, Cluster. Has a 3-rocket clip and shoots timed sticky bombs. The great part is that the whole time the bomb is waiting to explode, it's shocking nearby enemies!

Try it with the manual detonation.. after the stickies do a certain amount of damage they auto explode, which means you're guaranteed to have an enemy standing nearby when they go off.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Can you still earn Spacebux in game? Or has that been entirely replaced by Blutes? Because I still have lots of SB from Beta which I was hoarding, but if that's all I'll ever get for free I might just start spending it.

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

xzzy posted:

Try it with the manual detonation.. after the stickies do a certain amount of damage they auto explode, which means you're guaranteed to have an enemy standing nearby when they go off.

gently caress manual detonation. I killed myself so many times, and long range combat was stupid cause instead of bursting out three missiles, I had to wait for the first one to blow up.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

Can you still earn Spacebux in game? Or has that been entirely replaced by Blutes? Because I still have lots of SB from Beta which I was hoarding, but if that's all I'll ever get for free I might just start spending it.
Doesn't seem like you can get free Spacebux anymore, though apparently the developers are considering letting people spend Blutes on outfit stuff.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Are some of you really complaining about the cost of cosmetic items, when the rest of the game is completely free?

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Stanley Pain posted:

Are some of you really complaining about the cost of cosmetic items, when the rest of the game is completely free?

People really don't mind spending money on cosmetic items, but the cost in this game is really silly. I did the $20 pack and that was barely enough for a new Shirt, Pants, Hat, Glasses and a taunt.

Fiskenbob
Mar 28, 2007

When we have more time, I'll acquaint you with the various processes of sculptoring. It's a fascinating art to which I devoted many hours of study.
Is it possible to play yet?

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Fiskenbob posted:

Is it possible to play yet?

If you use the European or Australian servers, yeah. NA is still grumpy.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Every day your first match (First winning match? Unsure, ALL MY FIRST MATCHES ARE WINS) you get a "Daily Prize" where you have 3 lockboxes, and you click on one.

Each day I've chosen the first box (to the left) and yesterday I got 300 blutes. Today I got Axl's Rapper Pants. So you can get cosmetic stuff from there - one chance every day.

LOOK HOW GOOD I LOOK

(During Beta I got the Rapper Hat from that weird Prize-Wheel thing they got rid of.)

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Unhappy Meal posted:

If you use the European or Australian servers, yeah. NA is still grumpy.
Seems EU is boned as well. My game has been looking for a match for 25 minutes now with no luck.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Matchmaking seems to be working now I think? I just got about in 6 games on the NA server with very little wait.

Anyone make a good offensive beam? I was doing well with one with + fire rate parts last night, now not so much.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

Deadmeat5150 posted:

It's been awhile since I played, can I still drop a healing beam turret for auto-medkit action?

You certainly still can, yup.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

How are people in this twitch typing these codes so quickly? Holy poo poo

EDIT: Got a set of Twitch.tv shirts :shobon:

Otacon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 1, 2014

Bloodmobile
Jun 15, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Anyone make a good offensive beam? I was doing well with one with + fire rate parts last night, now not so much.

Spool, heatsink and the sniper barrel give a nice balance between damage and capacity. That and a single-shot rocket launcher is a really good combo, doing a big chunk of damage with the rl and finishing off with the beam.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Lakbay posted:

Matchmaking seems to be working now I think? I just got about in 6 games on the NA server with very little wait.

I'm rolling with a Spooling/Gatling/Tesla and it's been working well for me.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The basic laser gun is good enough that I'm hard press to think of ways to improve it apart the cooling.
And holy hell, it does take a big while to level up parts.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I hope they add more ammo types over time, as it seems like this game is going to live or die based on making goofy weapons and the way they interact with each other.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

qnqnx posted:

The basic laser gun is good enough that I'm hard press to think of ways to improve it apart the cooling.
And holy hell, it does take a big while to level up parts.

Sniper barrel, 2nd rank cooling (not liquid) = melts faces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

xzzy posted:

I hope they add more ammo types over time, as it seems like this game is going to live or die based on making goofy weapons and the way they interact with each other.

The next two ammo types are Cryo (ice stuff, including being able to build structures out of ice) and Concussion (knockback, including self-knockback with rocket jumping type stuff).

There's also a 'spray nozzle' weapon type they're working on that will let people do proper flamethrowers, among other things.

I'm sure they'll add tons more options over time.

• Locked thread