Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoB
May 1, 2009

James Totes posted:

Somehow this isn't incredibly lame.

Really enjoyed what I've seen so far.

I think usually the flaw is that it takes itself way too seriously, but the comic is pretty clear that even the characters think its silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Speaking of gear, now I want him to wear terribly mismatched clothes for their stats.

Hahah, that would be great.

You look ridiculous.
Hey, I min-maxed this poo poo!

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Good to know than I wasn't the only one finding Sun-Ill's attitude kind of fishy

Even if Sun-Il is in on it, I think hes only doing it because they're good friends and hes worried about him.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

It would be great if he was grinding everything he does even unintentionally. Like he's a grandmaster at walking or breathing.

Breathing mastery achieved. You no longer need to breathe.

Walking mastery achieved. You can now walk at 30km/h.

KoB
May 1, 2009

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

I got all excited when I saw there was a second update today, turns out its just a really really lovely april fools joke. Just skip #31 if you see it.

God drat it these always screw up the manga reader on my tablet :negative:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Chaos341 posted:

So some dude that everyone at BAP hated took over as admin and when they got upset at this he told them to go gently caress themselves and closed the group. Thats just great.

He hated everyone and just closed the group instead of leaving. scanlation drama :allears:

KoB
May 1, 2009

DrSunshine posted:

Back when Mahou-X hadn't released a chapter of Yankee-Kun & Megane-Chan for over a year, I started up a group "Yankee-Goon" and we picked up the scanlation work for a while. That really kicked Mahou-X in the butt! But instead of starting a war, we ended up sharing chapters between each other until we weren't able to keep it up anymore for various life reasons. Also, as a consequence, Mahou-X ended up having to step up their translation game in terms of quality and doing redrawn sound effects! The quality of the two groups ended up being very close to indistinguishable, so it's rather win-win!

This seems... very rare in the world of scanlations!

Mahou was definitely whiny about it at first though :v:

KoB
May 1, 2009

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The thing about puns is, even if you translate them perfectly, they're still puns.

Yeah, theyre always amazing.

Pun haters can go die in a fire.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Slime posted:

Open menu. Manual.

I wonder if /pizza works.

KoB
May 1, 2009

organism posted:

My hope is that this series will run for hundreds of issues and be nothing but grinding until the last 5-10 issues where he has to fight the evil magicians or demon lord or whatever but he'll be level 999 and just effortlessly curb stomp everyone and then go back to grinding. The end.

Then it just turns into basically One Punch Man. Which isnt a bad thing.

KoB
May 1, 2009
I like the idea that getting shot by literal fuckin bullets made his physical resistance skyrocket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009
Obviously his mom hit the max level and restarted as a Super Novice Mom, resetting her level.