Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slime posted:

I wonder what happens when he runs out of HP. Your average MMO doesn't have permadeath.

He respawns at his home obviously :v:

I can't wait for see him being scammed by arbitrarly mechanics than force him to spent millions on good armor/party members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
All this stats chat has made wonder if he would get swole as gently caress by dumping his points on STR :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Chapter 21

Holy poo poo, those extra pages :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Huzzah! posted:

Chapter 22 is out

That last skill he discovers, so good. I love this series.

Pack it up guys, he's just getting more and more broken with each new skill :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Why I have this nasty feeling than poo poo's gonna hit the fan real soon? :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Soylentbits posted:

Why would he give himself 20/20 vision when he can reduce his sight and begin running way faster? Does he really need to see shadows?

Now you got me curious about the specs on Jee-Han's PC that is running the game :v:

Awesome chapter, this series is onle getting better with every new chapter.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

He's become a video game character. The main character. Of course all the interesting characters transfer to his class.

Suddenly I feel like I'm reading an adaptation of Persona 3, can't wait for Jee-Han to start working on those Social Links and getting on hilarious love trouble :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

blastron posted:

He's playing a Korean MMO that doesn't even have auto-loot, do you honestly think that there would be quality-of-life features like party teleportation?

Of course there is one, it just cost like 5000000 a pop :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Serious Frolicking posted:

He enters instances and grinds. He can get titles and bonus stats through completing arbitrary undocumented actions. Crafting is terrible. The only way it could be more like a korean MMO is if there was a cash shop and numerous bugs which are never patched out.

Or being forced into a guild :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

The plot thickens

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

KittyEmpress posted:

I think Sun-Ill's family is the one who gave the information out. They (or at least, the grandfather) clearly want him to join the family/clan due to his potent his ability is. This is a really easy way to get him close - have him get intimidated, then offer to protect and let him train while living with you.

Good to know than I wasn't the only one finding Sun-Ill's attitude kind of fishy

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Jee-han is pretty drat resourceful.

And it seems he didn't failed his mom's quest :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

KittyEmpress posted:

Chapter 31

Looks like he's making a bit more money now. Also, Sae-Young teasing him makes me laugh.

:stare:

Jee-Han really is a reality-warper

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

KittyEmpress posted:

I still think that Chunbumoon is going to turn out to have set him up and been leaking the details specifically so they could have him stay with them under guise of 'protecting' and 'training' him.

If they get items dropping and buy them from him for cheaper than otherwise, the clan could get a huge boost in power as everyone gets some pretty sweet weapons and potentially armor. That'd be a big benefit.

I'm think the same thing Sae Young being a huge tease fits perfectly on that mindset since she can lure him with her female wiles to join the Chunbumoon

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Serious Frolicking posted:

Remember, this has always primarily been a comedy. It is entirely possible that the mom's deep dark secret is something completely innocuous.

I don't trust manwhas anymore, they always start bright and fun and suddenly everyone will die in two days or something :smith:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I use the All-Mangas Reader app for Chrome along Malwarebytes and Adblock and I've never had a problem browsing Batoto.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
The scanlation scene sounds like a really lovely place to be and with japanese editorials starting to send C&D at some groups (granted, only adult focused editorials for now) I wonder what will happen to it on the near future.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Fabricated posted:

They'll just continue to do it anyway since most scanlators tend to stick to unlicensed stuff (why translate stuff that's already being translated/sold professionally, unless it's ludicrously popular to the point everyone wants it a day after the Japanese/Korean/Chinese release?), and it's not usually worth trying to sue a dozen people scattered all over the world in each group.

poo poo, the dude who does The Breaker (kinda in a myopic way, since there's no English release) complained openly in the opening/closing credits of it about scanlators posting his poo poo online, and the only response from the main group doing it was to whine about online readers.

Yeah, a lot of scanlators are big whiny babies. One of them closed his group because Mangafox posted their work.

Still, I'm baffled at how many hentai focused groups bailed with those C&D notices sent by an editorial named Wani. One would've thought that guys working on things like Naruto or One Piece would be breaking more laws than the guys translating smut.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Evil Thing posted:

What the gently caress is a "Noona"? I'd assumed it was some kind of honorific except now it's being used as a noun. :psyduck:

I'm no expert but afaik is the korean equivalent to the japanese 'nee-san' and therefore, it can be used as honorific and noun. In this case is used to be flirty.

Interesting developments on the story, things are getting serious for Jee-Han; just lets hope the comedy keeps being the focus. Manwhas tend to get really depressing when they aren't straight up comedies.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Jeen Han did have a theory about the limits of his observation skill, didn't he? Something about N levels above him were marked as "???" so I'm banking on foul play this time.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

BlitzBlast posted:

His ideal melee option is Summon Sun Il.

Now I can avoid the mental image of Jee Han summoning Sun Il while he's taking a shower :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Ethiser posted:

He just needs to bind the remaining types of elementals and boom he's captain planet.

:allears::allears::allears: Perfect

Interesting chapter and boy so much for using the Earth Elemental as a tank, that gnome will crumble at the first punch.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Awwww, Noun's so adorable :3: I'd never be able to let her take hits for me though.

I'm glad to see The Gamer ability being acknowledged as utter bullshit in universe :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Ogre panties :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Whats with the Ogre Panties?
And why translate them as panties anyways? Briefs makes more sense.

They even have its own them song! :haw:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dr_Amazing posted:

It's not that great since he immediately said something stupid right after.

Well, he needs to level it up :v:

I wasn't expecting this 'fish out of the water' personality for her, next few chapters should be interesting.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well poo poo, if Manwha has teached me something is that everything will be hosed soon :ohdear:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Where Jee Han keeps upping the bullshit :allears:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
New Chapter

Jesus, Jee-han :stare:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://mangajoy.com/The-Gamer/71/

New Chapter

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Chapter 76

Boy, that escalated quickly.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
To be honest I'm kind of sick from the president continuously pulling powers out of its rear end to get the upper hand so here's hoping Jee Han's intervention finally turns the odds around.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

XboxPants posted:

Also, allusions to JeeHan's father?

Of course he would be the Harem King :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slime posted:

Oh god his father has a power similar to The Gamer, doesn't he? Except hes' a dating sim protagonist instead of a Korean MMORPG character. Oh god, his father is the protagonist of The World God Only Knows.

gently caress, I'm gonna lose my poo poo if this ends being foreshadowing

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Oh man, I've missed this :allears:

Lolikano looks weird without her witch clothing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
And of course the DLC for The Gamer App is the Harem end :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
JeeHan's becoming quite the casanova.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That was a pretty drat awesome chapter.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Did everyone drop the series?

I recently catched up and was pleasantly surprised to see Jee Han getting even more broken. Dude now can summon the 4 elementals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Salamander is a guy.

I think.