Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Gamer - Making grinding entertaining!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'm guessing that yunhon soul recovery normally carries some risks for the user, and certainly can't be spammed. Hwan Sung-Gong doesn't have any way of knowing that Jee-Han has a bizarre reality bending ability, or that he would gladly help if asked. Pretty much the only thing we know about Sung-Gong is that he doesn't trust people with his daughter. So, he is either going to try to get Jee-Han's aid via force or else continue with his original plan instead of trusting some random kid.

I hope he kidnaps Jee-Han and demands he heal his daughter under pain of death or something similar, and Jee-Han's just like "dude I was planning on it anyways don't have a cow man"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

HenryEx posted:

Webtoons, sure. Actual korean manwha though basically just look like manga, except left-to-right. Gets hella confusing if you switch between reading manga and manwha rapidly due to new chapters and the like.

/edit:
Here's an example of a korean manga. It wasn't flipped, it's scanned as-is, minus translation of course.

What's that one?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like that the hammer is rank "A Little Special".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
He's totally going to get on people's bad side just from that ability alone. I'm sure traffickers in high-end low-quantity mystical goods won't appreciate a magical market-ruiner like him.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
there was also the secret meeting a while ago. I think if it came to that, his friend would abandon the clan and join him. I also hope Sae is innocent in this, if nothing else but to avoid another "female friend has been deceiving the hero with sex appeal for nefarious ends" cliche.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I used to play bass for Nakama Drama

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm actually kinda surprised he didn't buy the slave girl to release her. Seems like something he'd do.

Also that's definitely not his mom.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I would love it if it was someone attempting an impersonation though. Much like I've had to deal with people trying to impersonate me on Steam to scam people out of TF2 hats, so too could this be a similar situation. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I hope he hits a cap and has to start replacing skills. :allears:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Was there ever any doubt

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

quote:

Amstrad posted:

I'm actually afraid of this happening.
That goddamn elemental better be some sort of craggy rock monster or I'll be pissed.
:suicide:
Hey she doesn't seem to be a teenage girl at least!
Anyway, that was way to predictable. The author has been pretty good about keeping things on the unexpected side so far, so I'm pretty disappointed.

Since this is largely a comedy manwha, this allows for maximum wacky hijinks as a character instead of it just being a summon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

KittyEmpress posted:

Jee-Han will make a contract with other elementals, and then summon Noum/ Gnome and she will act like a sad pouty jealous girlfriend because Hahaha comedy!!!

This is going to happen and you know it

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ActionZero posted:

Look at what you've made me do.

I feel that there was a point where I needed to stop but I've clearly passed it.

These are all incredible

I hope she never changes and just gets bigger and bigger as he levels up so that at level 50 or whatever we've got a colossus of a Noum with that loving derpy happy face on her, crushing his opponents.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

NowonSA posted:

Oh yeah, since this is a Korean Manhwa we really do need to see a starcraft-type player. Someone who just works out a bunch of strategies and commands a bunch of minions.
In a twist, the starcraft player is his mom.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eagerly awaiting the battle where he gets completely clowned and dies, only to respawn in bed

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Verizian posted:

He's going to explain his ability, she'll turn out to be a hardcore mmo player who thinks he's awesome and everyone will be happy. Until she gets home and excitedly tells her father he spent the entire date grinding on her after promising it would cure her curse.
Best scenario

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I want Glasses Dad standing on the tallest thing in the area to be a thing. If they're on a farm, he's standing on a tractor. On a plain, a nearby rock. In a restaurant, he stands on a table.

So he's part meerkat? Sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Also curing cancer would trigger that whole "don't gently caress with the muggles" caveat to having superpowers

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

DrSunshine posted:

This is like the Cookie Clicker of manhwas.

This needs to be added to the thread title because it's loving true

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SSNeoman posted:

Oh come on! No deaths from that!? What a cop-out.

There was no special cutscene so they just fainted

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The day he is able to disenchant the garbage he finds is the day he becomes the abyss world's #1 supply of magic cocaine

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
And without warning, we've been suckered into reading a battle harem manwha

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Someone on here said Shield Hero's original LNs don't go for the "hero gets the hots for his younger partner" trope, and if it lets up on the slave branding shenanigans it's got potential if that's really the case

Hopefully I've not been terribly misdirected and this turns into a horrible School Days-esque mind-scarring switcheroo in a half dozen chapters, Shield Hero certainly isn't without fault, but it's still early on and it's got some good parts that don't involve age-jumping animal people slaves or false rape accusations, I like the idea of a protagonist being openly hated by pretty much the entire populace and having to scrape and claw his way through his journey, and is barely tolerated only because he's absolutely required by ~the prophecy~ and no more than that. I also like that he's just a total piece of poo poo most of the time, too.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jan 17, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Well that's just unfortunate on the shield hero front. But at least this genre is so ridiculously pervasive that there's always some other similar series popping up that isn't as shameful.

And good lord, shield hero has over 200 chapters? I don't know what that translates to in the manga version, but I figured it was something relatively new.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Here is my three page treatise on the similarities between Shield Hero and the use of child soldiers in African wars,

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

BlitzBlast posted:

The epilogue's already been translated and yes he totally does.

It's a total shame too because "everyone's paternal figure plays Santa Claus" should be an amazing story.

Haha, well that's a trainwreck

A Usagi Drop ending but with the core of the series being mediocre at best to begin with instead of really great and then being retroactively ruined

I rescind any defense of the series I had

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 18, 2015

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yes it's Genji's fault

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Captain_duck posted:

Man that was a great chapter. Internet in hell, and abusing the party system and voice chat for instantaneous longrange communication. That's actually an amazing ability. I think he only needs to know someones name so he can invite them to the party.

/Invite Note

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
But instead of dinging, it just rolls over and starts again on the same level with no fanfare, true suffering.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gawain The Blind posted:

I can't stop reading this, even though I recognize intellectually that it's kind of dumb.
Well, yeah. The premise is pretty stupid, that's the fun of it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New chapter.

Berith is a goofy-lookin' BAMF

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Brainamp posted:

There isn't that much metal inside the average person's body.

But if he could control the iron in someone's body he could probably gently caress someone up real bad by perforating arteries and such.

Then again you get into the whole "Why don't Airbenders just cause embolisms in people's bloodstreams to beat them etc" arguments when you go that far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silento posted:

My friend once told me Magneto can do this. Can you confirm this using your authority as Western Comics Envoy to ADTRW?
You're a Magweirdo :c00l:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silento posted:

I don't know what this means but I am offended nonetheless. :mad:

Feh, typical american. :rolleyes:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ice Phisherman posted:

This was actually a great chapter. The witch gets some badass lines near the end with "That's the price of respect" and wolfguy erupting plant matter to become a tree. No fighting really, but enjoyable nonetheless.

I like that she's very clearly unsettled about it when she says that but sticks to her guns nonetheless. She's probably one of the best characters in this series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Mo_Steel posted:

Chapter 79: Oh he's removing a ring, must be a power seal.. wait... :stare: what is going on with his... :stonk: no no nononononono

Literally my reaction, having a friend's dad have his finger ripped off due to falling off a ladder and his wedding ring getting stuck, it was particularly gruesome to see him do that

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_MW65XxS7s

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Good to see stupid nonsensical drama fights and monologues getting interrupted by jeehan being a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This chapter was worth everything before it