Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Acinonyx posted:

The second episode was a rambling mess that did not hold my attention at all. Is the problem me or the show?

I'd say its you. As far as I can tell both had just as a coherent plot. In the pilot the girls try to raise money for a concert. In the 2nd episode Ilana tries to do her taxes and Abbi tries to buy pot. It's the jokes and chemistry between the girls that kills it...and Hannibal Buress.

Is anyone else super depressed that in addition to the shittiness that is Alice's life, she never regained her sobriety from Montez's pool party?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I think my favorite joke from last night's Workaholics was when they were interviewing the gigalos, they said between then they had 17 women.
Adam says 6 are his, Ders said he's in double digits, and then the camera pans over to Blake's sad, silent face.

:smith:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I love how Blake's always the butt of those jokes even though Adam's lays are probably more pathetic. Another solid one from Workaholics, felt about on par with the first episode of the season.

Broad City was okay. It did feel a little bit jumbled and incoherent at times. I think they're trying to include stuff from the web series (which I haven't seen) into some kind of coherency. I think after 4 or 5 episodes, it'll be smoother. Hannibal Burress kind of saved it and I'm not even a huge Hannibal fan. The "vagina is nature's pocket" joke is pretty hackneyed. I liked Abi's old friend Cheese has a kid and acts all above weed then pops a xanax with wine. All too real. I think it did a decent job teetering the line of smoking a ton of weed and getting weird but not LSD weird which too many shows do. I want to see more of the foreign/gay roommate and it looks like we'll see Abi's love interest unfold next episode. I'll keep watching but I thought this first one episode was definitely more coherent.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 31, 2014

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Broad City is amazing and I want Hannibal Burress to be my dentist now.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Broad City is goddamn funny as hell. I can see where some people wouldn't be into its pacing but it makes me laugh so much.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I think I find Broad City more charming than actually funny at this point.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Timeless Appeal posted:

I think I find Broad City more charming than actually funny at this point.

yeah it makes me want to live in new york but thats not what it would be like

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Broad city is good but 2 leads is a weird number of leads. It's like hanging out with one friend too much, you just run out of stuff to say. One or three (up to six I think) works better.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Raw chicken shirt :gonk:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Lookin like a boss though in head to toe costco

Zochness
May 13, 2009

I AM James Bond.
Pillbug
Kirkland? More like Twerkland

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I love that these guys need some kind of convoluted plot to get stuff from Costco instead of, you know, getting a Costco membership themselves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, I named them based on their personalities. There's General Tso, Dumbface, Ballsack...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A good old-fashioned fart joke.

Also Costco seems to be a running theme. Not that I'm complaining, that place owns.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

CHERISH!!!!!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I don't anymore, but I used to work in an office where one of my co-workers was the appointed snack-buyer for the office and we all used to give her requests and get on her good side so she'd get more of the stuff we wanted, so that episode of Workaholics was especially hilarious to me :mmmhmm:

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Both episodes were weaker this time around I think. Broad City was better than Workaholics, but both were mediocre.

Workaholics really going for the gross out stuff this time around, they're better when they reign it in a bit.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Feb 7, 2014

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

pork minstral posted:

A few episodes of Workaholics was enough for me, but I really really like Broad City and I'm hoping it catches on.

This is definitely me. The third episode went turbo surreal and I'm not sure if that's a sign of their goal but then the crushing impact of the delivery guy being 11 minutes early was hilarious to me. I'll go where they want to take me, I'm solidly onboard.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I absolutely love John Gemberling in Broad City. Every time he interacts with Abbi, it leaves you wondering whether he's being passive-aggressive, aggressive, or just stupid.

"We're on the same schedule! If you're not there, I'm not there. When you're there, I'M THERE."

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Broad City is way good so far, very nice. Perhaps someone on the writing staff of Girls will see it and realize they're allowed to add actual jokes to their own show.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

No. 9 posted:

Both episodes were weaker this time around I think. Broad City was better than Workaholics, but both were mediocre.

Workaholics really going for the gross out stuff this time around, they're better when they reign it in a bit.

I think it was the beginning of last season when they started to lose it for me. The first couple of episodes were really really weird.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I'm the kind of guy you don't want to take home to your mom.

Why?

Cus I'll gently caress your mom.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Harry posted:

I think it was the beginning of last season when they started to lose it for me. The first couple of episodes were really really weird.

The last half of the season was really weak. "In Line" and "Webcam Girl" were the only two solid episodes I thought. "Hungry Like the Wolf Dog" wasn't terrible but it suffered from not reigning in the gross out stuff there again. The rest are really forgettable.

I wonder if Broad City is slowly going to phase Hannibal out. It was good to see Rachel Dratch and Janeane Garofalo play straight women to Ilana too.

No. 9 fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 9, 2014

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Both shows have new episodes tonight, rerun episodes of Today in Sochi be damned.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, Adam is Uncle Jesse, Ders is Danny Tanner and Blake is Comet :3:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Beatin up a while bitch for burgers?!

That's the poo poo I like!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Watching in standard def but is that Trevor/Steven Ogg?

ChadSexington
Aug 12, 2004
I am so not competitive. In fact, I am the least non-competitive. So I win.

Brock Samson posted:

Watching in standard def but is that Trevor/Steven Ogg?

I was thinking the same thing.

Edit: Yup!
http://www.stevenogg.com/blog/check-out-broad-city-21214/

ChadSexington fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Feb 13, 2014

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So did the fanbase for Broad City just drop off or is there just not that much to say about it?

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I keep trying to push this show on to my friends. Someone tell Irish Joe Broad City is what 2 Broke Girls should aspire too.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Broad City was a little down today, but it was still good.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Ilana's sandwich shop line was hilarious.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Oh man, Steven Ogg as an unsettling locksmith. I hope he keeps getting more roles, he's plays one of the best sleazebags I've ever seen. Total radness.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm completely enjoying the series. Their pace and timing of jokes is kind of perfect and their guest characters have all be pretty great. Plus they're not irredeemable dicks when they're stuck trying to scam someone. They know they're being dicks, which is kind of a different take from other shows.

But seriously, they can't have Hannibal on too much. "Crushed it".

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
I'm definitely preferring Broad City over Workaholics this season. Workaholics seems to have gone downhill, hopefully it redeems itself. I feel it's on it's last couple of seasons with the way they're all branching out. Broad City was good, a little weaker than the previous few episodes but still solid.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...Workaholics' first ep was titled "Piss and poo poo"

it's kinda expected

Lord Sexatron
Aug 1, 2003
Are we not worth a sticky? Such loose butthole.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Huh, shockingly progressive for the gag to be her being FtM and not a "pre-op MtFs are dudes" joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DJ Badger

Wearing a fedora no less.

• Locked thread