Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I turned on Broad City while waiting for the Daily Show and saw an adult baby five seconds later. It's a sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Admit it, they put in the whole koi pond bit for the fish puns.

Aww yeah, Hannibal Burress is in this episode of Broad City too.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hannibal Burress has officially joined H. Jon Benjamin in the category of "Actors whose TV shows I will watch if he is in it."

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

A good old-fashioned fart joke.

Also Costco seems to be a running theme. Not that I'm complaining, that place owns.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Broad City was a little down today, but it was still good.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

DJ Badger

Wearing a fedora no less.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

404GoonNotFound posted:

I have a horrible feeling we might not have any Hannibal this episode :ohdear:
I'd say Badger makes up for it, but that would be a lie.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Why are we expecting Comedy Central to market Broad City correctly? They're among the worst networks when it comes to handling their shows.

In any case, I'm glad that it's getting a second season. It's not as rip-roaringly funny as some other shows, but it's still funny, and it's clever. It's also pretty relatable if you're a 20something NYC dweller- the depictions of the NYU students last episode is pretty spot-on.

I haven't seen enough of previous seasons Workaholics to judge how well this season holds up, but it's a moot point for me because Legit is starting its new season tonight at the same time.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 26, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

As an Upper East Side resident, yes, I can tell you it's that stuck-up in real life. Also I hate it here and I hang out more in Brooklyn and Queens.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I feel hate crimed.

Talk about a hate gently caress.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 27, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

If Workaholics is Entourage, Broad City is Sex and the City.
I've heard Girls compared to Sex and the City as well. There can be only one!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Cool, Ilana's Jewish.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Nastier Nate posted:

I didn't think it was possible to not realize they are both the jewiest of jews.
I figured Ilana was because seriously, the name "Ilana Glazer" is a dead giveaway. I didn't think Abbi was until I realized one of my Jewish friends has the last name Jacobson.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I have nothing but love for Broad City. Finally a show with two leading females that isn't a cliched piece of poo poo. Although I'm alone in my house 3 to 1 in thinking Abbi is hotter than Ilana.
I think Abbi is hotter, but I like Ilana more overall.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

No. 9 posted:

It's like they completely forgot what the show was about. Now it's just too much gross out scenes. The dialog is still funny most of the time but there's only been like 1-2 episodes either in the office or without some gratuitous gross out humor.
So like Inside Amy Schumer but with guys, in other words.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

thathonkey posted:

broad city's first season was great. does it come back soon? the New York realtor lady w/the smartcar or whatever is one of my favorite side-characters ever.
Amy Pohler did announce on a late-night talk show that it got renewed for a second season shortly before or shortly after the first season ended, so it's definitely coming back- the question is when. Hopefully soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Weltlich posted:

I believe it's slated to be back in January.
Over the past couple of years it feels like January has been the best time for returning TV shows. It looks like it's gearing up to be no different in 2015.

• Locked thread