Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Broad City is way good so far, very nice. Perhaps someone on the writing staff of Girls will see it and realize they're allowed to add actual jokes to their own show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Oh man, Steven Ogg as an unsettling locksmith. I hope he keeps getting more roles, he's plays one of the best sleazebags I've ever seen. Total radness.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

Dancing Peasant posted:

Broad City is basically Girls if Girls was actually funny
I was gonna say this earlier but declined because it's still selling Broad City short.

Again, the producers could try adding jokes to Girls sometime. Probably not though!

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

I heard "HUMAN BRAIDING".

Wowza, that episode of Workaholics was awful. That premise could've been saddled with so many more actual laughs.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

They've made repeated references to both being jewish all season long. ALL SEASON LONG!~

The Nastier Nate posted:

Sad we only got a 6 episode season but can't wait for season 2. There's definitely something really special about this show, and to think, just a couple years ago we had to go to 2 Broke Girls for a show about female besties.

Who was the actor who played the waiter? I cannot for the life of me remember his name.
I've been extremely impressed by this debut season, and here's why - it's a female driven stoner comedy that doesn't have any self-defeating gender based caveats. What's funny with the jokes is objectively funny from a generational standpoint. It doesn't ever cop out and go soft because of the women leads, and it's written in their voice. This is insanely refreshing and I don't know if I've any network or cable comedy pull this off before. There needs to be more comedies with more scenes as shamelessly lascivious and true to life like the finale's cold open.

Speaking of the finale, it was loving excellent wall to wall. So much good stuff to applaud. I want to give a shout out to my favorite sight gag in the entire episode, where Abbi calls Doug and in a close shot we can spot no less than 5 distinct pairs of faggy hipster glasses in his apartment. That's loving funny.

The actor playing the waiter so well was Seth Morris, who you might know from Comedy Bang Bang (and cameos on the Kroll Show) as Bob Ducca the hypochondriac opportunist men's rights activist.

• Locked thread