Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Been trying to metro-ize thread tags over the past few days! I've gotten all the default non-subforum ones done.

They are on GitHub, along with the PSD, if anyone wants to help out/improve them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
Those look great, thanks for working on it :)

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
The "Change Page" feature doesn't work on my 920. I enter the page number, hit the button... and nothing happens.

Other than that it's been great. :)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kazy posted:

Been trying to metro-ize thread tags over the past few days! I've gotten all the default non-subforum ones done.

They are on GitHub, along with the PSD, if anyone wants to help out/improve them.

You're pushing too close to the edge of the box and elements to each other, give them some space. And you could use the Segoe UI family, it's the Metro font and it's freely available.

Metro always centres the iconography in the box and fits the text below, but given that you're keeping the text relatively large that's probably not practical.

This is purportedly a list of the colours that metro uses for its boxes if you want to exploit that.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Nov 13, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

MikeJF posted:

You're pushing too close to the edge of the box and elements to each other, give them some space. And you could use the Segoe UI family, it's the Metro font and it's freely available.

Metro always centres the iconography in the box and fits the text below, but given that you're keeping the text relatively large that's probably not practical.

This is purportedly a list of the colours that metro uses for its boxes if you want to exploit that.

Thanks for the tips! I've just been judging by eye. I can probably fix it up better. The font I'm using is Segoe, I just modified the scaling to fit with the forums.

AstuteCat
May 4, 2007

Loving the changes in the latest update, there's some nice stuff there.

Random question, would it be possible to out in the ability to copy / share a link to a particular post in a given thread?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

AstuteCat posted:

Loving the changes in the latest update, there's some nice stuff there.

Random question, would it be possible to out in the ability to copy / share a link to a particular post in a given thread?

Seconding this. Maybe using the share charm?

Also, it seems that encoding could use some work. This thread has an & in the title, and after clicking it, the title shows it properly briefly, before it reverting to &. And there are a few threads with the little questionmark icons, but I haven't had the chance to compare with a regular browser to see which character(s) is/are causing it.

e: also, haven't built the latest version yet, but in the live version, Bookmarks doesn't load more than one page.

Kazy fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 25, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Kazy posted:

Seconding this. Maybe using the share charm?

Also, it seems that encoding could use some work. This thread has an & in the title, and after clicking it, the title shows it properly briefly, before it reverting to &. And there are a few threads with the little questionmark icons, but I haven't had the chance to compare with a regular browser to see which character(s) is/are causing it.

There's definitely major problems with character escaping and encoding, I've also seen the & problem on another thread. HTML-like text in posts has a least previously caused massive breaking, and it seems to be some quote-like non-ASCII characters that cause question marks to appear.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

nielsm posted:

There's definitely major problems with character escaping and encoding, I've also seen the & problem on another thread. HTML-like text in posts has a least previously caused massive breaking, and it seems to be some quote-like non-ASCII characters that cause question marks to appear.

Blame the forums lovely default encoding standards, and Windows Phone for not letting me just set it the same as I can on Windows 8. It did work fine until I ported over the core stuff to Windows Phone, where I could not use the same encoding standards, so I had to remove them.

At some point I will fix it, because it does annoy me, but it's a bitch.

edit:

quote:

e: also, haven't built the latest version yet, but in the live version, Bookmarks doesn't load more than one page.

It does (or at least, it should :v:), it loads every bookmarks page when you refresh, until it hits a page with none.

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Nov 25, 2014

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Drastic Actions posted:

It does (or at least, it should :v:), it loads every bookmarks page when you refresh, until it hits a page with none.

Nope, it's only showing me threads from my first page of bookmarks.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Won't work until Entity Framework support is fixed. They gave me a workaround so I can run in on Windows Phone in release mode (AKA, what you're running), but it still fails for me.

Once that is fixed, it will work again. It does work in the Windows 8 version so... yeah, sorry. :shrug:

Azrial
Apr 26, 2002

Coach, how did we beat Tennessee this year? The same way Vanderbilt did.
Is there still a way to resize font on windows 8, I can't seem to find it.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Is there any way you can add forum bookmaking? Its pretty annoying to parse the whole forums list every time.

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
I've been using the app for about a week now and besides a few seemingly random crashes it's been pretty good to me.

My only real complaint is I wish the page number was more easily visible outside of opening up the change page feature.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Is there any way you can add forum bookmaking? Its pretty annoying to parse the whole forums list every time.

Right click or hold down on a forum. A fly out menu will appear with the bookmark option.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009

Drastic Actions posted:

Right click or hold down on a forum. A fly out menu will appear with the bookmark option.

Hey Drastic, great job on the wp8 awful app.

Only thing is that I can't seem to get the change page function to work. I type in a page number but the change page button does nothing.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

Zarfol posted:

Hey Drastic, great job on the wp8 awful app.

Only thing is that I can't seem to get the change page function to work. I type in a page number but the change page button does nothing.

I forgot to hook up the command to the button. I fixed it weeks ago, but I can't push an update to the store until the entity framework 7 bugs that are currently affecting it are fixed (basically the new database stuff i added fails when I compile the app in release mode on Windows Phone. And that bug is out of my hands, Microsoft has to fix that one).

There is a debug build I put in the Windows Phone thread that has it fixed. You can flash that to your phone now if you want it badly. Otherwise, yell at the EF team in github to add Windows Store support back to EF.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I've been working on a new update for Awful Forums Reader, here is what's in it:

Background wallpaper support (Ai and Yuu Madobe wallpaper not included). Why? No idea, I just wanted it. The white background was getting to me and I wanted to change it. Boom, done. :v:

Font size support is back. I mostly added this back in for the Windows Phone solution, because I'm getting a used Lumia 1520 in a few days. So I figured I would add it back to the W8 solution while I was at it.

Pull to refresh now supported on most views, including the thread view. If you pull down on a thread, it should refresh.

And also some other bug fixes and odds and ends. I should get a new version pushed out tonight.

Sri.Theo
Apr 16, 2008
That looks great, thanks!

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
Sweet thanks! Been using it a bunch on my surface 2 :)

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
Oh yeah, I'm working on adding search too.

There's still quite a bit left to do, but at least I can start parsing the results :cool:.

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost

My next release is codenamed "HAHAHAHA gently caress U Pokeyman"

Edit: Now for Windows phone...

Drastic Actions fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 18, 2015

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I just got my first content rejection notice :woop:

DerVerrater
Feb 19, 2013
WHATEVER HAPPENED ON DISCORD, I WAS NOT INVOLVED
That is hardly excessive there is more profanity in the my morning yawn.

This latest update is great if only because the change page feature works once more!. Keep up the good work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drastic Actions
Apr 7, 2009

FUCK YOU!
GET PUMPED!
Nap Ghost
I made a new thread in Project.Log. So i'm going to close this (mostly inactive) thread so I can have one place for all Awful content.

• Locked thread