Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glomkettle
Sep 24, 2013

Morellonomicon is often a good pickup even if you're not against a particularly heavy sustain team. It provides a lot of AP and 20% cdr for a very low price. Sometimes you'll want more magic resist, in which case Athene's Unholy Grail is an alternative cdr option for AP champions, but in general I think Morellonomicon is a pretty solid pickup for Teemo to max out his cdr. The grievous wounds are mostly just a bonus, though they certainly do add an extra level of "oh poo poo" to unfortunate low-health targets that stumble into shrooms. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

KirbyKhan posted:

I find it ironic that the week after the old thread was closed someone in EU LCS finally picked Mordenkaiser.

I legit want to try him out now, he seems so fun and indecipherable. How would any of you guys do it?

Mordekaiser is one of my favorite champs and I eagerly await the day he is good again. For starters you absolutely have to take Morde mid. He will get dumpstered on anywhere else. His lack of mobility or cc are massive drawbacks to his kit. It means he is a really unsafe champ because if you are overextended or out of position you are poo poo out of luck. You absolutely HAVE to ward well as Morde or the jungler will just camp you into oblivion.

As morde you max E > Q > W. Your lane harass is VERY good because your E hits through minions. Your shield negates counter-harass they try to throw on you. The downside being that you push your lane very hard. Push lane > take your jungle wraiths > push lane is basically your rotation. This is why you need to ward well because you will be pushed to their tower. If you think you have a gankable lane go do that.

Itemwise you just want a ton of damage. Your entire schtick is bursting someone down with your ult on them so you can get their ghost. You really need spellvamp first. I'm not sure what you would start anymore, doran's shield and pot maybe? I would probably get WoTA > DFG > Rabadons> Void Staff > Tanky Item (Abyssal Scepter or Zhonyas). I haven't played him much in Season 4 so this may not be ideal. Your goal is to be doing so much damage your shield is constantly eating everything. Don't build tank Morde. It is bad, sad, and pretty pointless.

Morde is cool because even if you feed all game it only takes one good ult on their adc to win the game.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
What's the deal with Tiger Stance vs. Phoenix Stance for jungle Udyr? Tiger Stance gives you better ganks but lovely farming and Phoenix Stance gives you better farming but lovely ganks?

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Do you actually get an ELO penalty for dodging ranked? I thought since S3 it was only an LP penalty.

LaTex Fetish
Oct 11, 2010

Safety Scissors posted:

Do you actually get an ELO penalty for dodging ranked? I thought since S3 it was only an LP penalty.

It doesn't affect your MMR, just LP.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

FractalSandwich posted:

What's the deal with Tiger Stance vs. Phoenix Stance for jungle Udyr? Tiger Stance gives you better ganks but lovely farming and Phoenix Stance gives you better farming but lovely ganks?

Pretty much, although I wouldn't call either "lovely". Tiger is definitely scarier who, but Phoenix does really good damage early regardless. And Tiger is still a decent clear, especially with the Wight camp.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
There's a lot more focus on single-target clears since the S3 jungle changes, so I imagine Tiger provides a strong clear regardless.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

rabidsquid posted:

If I understand what you're saying here I don't understand why you don't just play a Leblanc or Fizz mid? You specifically only want a jungle assassin and for it to be useful in the meta? I guess maybe I don't understand the conundrum.

I haven't tried LeBlanc but Fizz is definitely on my list of characters that look like a lot of fun to play. Diana jungle also seems fun but I heard she's rather lacking at the moment and hard to make work there. But yeah, I mostly just want an assassin I can jungle with and still be useful to the team at a level above silver. Kha seems to fit that rather nicely, I just need enough IP to get him. Fizz is a mid laner, so he's not much use to my search for good junglers I'll enjoy, but he does look hella cool. I didn't get a chance to try him last week though, sadly. :(

quote:

Itemwise you just want a ton of damage. Your entire schtick is bursting someone down with your ult on them so you can get their ghost. You really need spellvamp first. I'm not sure what you would start anymore, doran's shield and pot maybe? I would probably get WoTA > DFG > Rabadons> Void Staff > Tanky Item (Abyssal Scepter or Zhonyas). I haven't played him much in Season 4 so this may not be ideal. Your goal is to be doing so much damage your shield is constantly eating everything. Don't build tank Morde. It is bad, sad, and pretty pointless.

Would Gunblade work on him? Spellvamp and lifesteal (maybe combined with a Lich Bane?) to proc off his autoattack modifier, and a CC active ability to help him escape or catch a target. I dunno, just a thought.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I recently picked up Diana and have started playing her, she's really good but she's like Fizz in that you need to get ahead to get her rolling, if you fall behind you're basically dead weight.

In the jungle I haven't tried yet, but I imagine her pre-6 being absolutely awful.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Lightning Knight posted:

Would Gunblade work on him? Spellvamp and lifesteal (maybe combined with a Lich Bane?) to proc off his autoattack modifier, and a CC active ability to help him escape or catch a target. I dunno, just a thought.

Not really. It's not a great item in general and the ad/lifesteal are a waste on Morde. The AD scaling on his Q might as well not exist and apart from the occasional Q you will never be melee'ing as him. Morde is so slow and immobile the active doesn't help him much in the chase/escape area. It looks good in theory but it doesn't work in practice. Lichbane is pretty funny on Morde. I don't usually build it because there isn't usually room for it in his build. But if you do build it, it makes your Q hit like a truck.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Out of the free champs this week, the one I've enjoyed the most has been Skarner, man his ult is crazy funny.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SarutosZero posted:

Not really. It's not a great item in general and the ad/lifesteal are a waste on Morde. The AD scaling on his Q might as well not exist and apart from the occasional Q you will never be melee'ing as him. Morde is so slow and immobile the active doesn't help him much in the chase/escape area. It looks good in theory but it doesn't work in practice. Lichbane is pretty funny on Morde. I don't usually build it because there isn't usually room for it in his build. But if you do build it, it makes your Q hit like a truck.

Darn. I just want one champion where Gunblade is a good buy cause it's a cool item. :smith:

In other news, Dominion is a ton of fun, it's like ARAM with more structure and I can pick whoever and Yi pretty much shitstomps that mode cause there's no lanes or jungle to worry about, just give me money and let me duel the poo poo out of everyone.

But it stops being fun when the other team picks Renekton/Shyvana/Riven/Yorick/Teemo. Draft pick needs to be viable in Dominion before I can take it seriously, and it's sad cause it's a cool idea, it just needs more love from Riot.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
Gunblade is core on Akali. That's about the extent of its usefulness.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

KirbyKhan posted:

I find it ironic that the week after the old thread was closed someone in EU LCS finally picked Mordenkaiser.

I legit want to try him out now, he seems so fun and indecipherable. How would any of you guys do it?

That Morde pick was very situational. He wouldn't have been able to do his schtick (farm like mad then DFG+Gun Blade+Ult the Carry) if the enemy team hadn't picked their very specific pick (Morg). Against traditional popular mids right now (like Ziggs) he's loving useless because he's a giant slow motherfucker who can't dodge poo poo and has to get in real close to farm (and who spends his own health to do so making him very weak to a Ziggs or Fizz engage). So before you play him ask two important questions: "Is the enemy highly mobile/capable of out burst damaging me very quickly/is Brand?", and "Am I not an idiot and therefor able to use Ignite, DFG and Gunblade actives every fight on the correct targets?" If you answered no to the first question and yes to the second then by all means play Morde, but otherwise steer clear. Just never go against Brand, he is the hard counter to Morde, his passive basically makes it so you can't cast spells, your painfully low mobility makes it very hard to dodge his big AoE, and being required to stand up in a minion wave to farm means you'll have a hard time not just getting his Q's and E's slapped on you at every chance.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Lightning Knight posted:

Darn. I just want one champion where Gunblade is a good buy cause it's a cool item. :smith:

Play Akali. Gunblade'd fed Akali is an absolute nightmare. You just can't stop her if she's far enough ahead.

quote:

Mordekaiser is one of my favorite champs and I eagerly await the day he is good again. For starters you absolutely have to take Morde mid. He will get dumpstered on anywhere else. His lack of mobility or cc are massive drawbacks to his kit. It means he is a really unsafe champ because if you are overextended or out of position you are poo poo out of luck. You absolutely HAVE to ward well as Morde or the jungler will just camp you into oblivion.

He's good right now. Definitely take him mid, but if you ward and position properly he's no more risky than another immobile mid champ like Orianna. If you're reading this thread, it means you're not even remotely at the skill level required for Morde to be "bad" and Ori or any other mid to be "good". I'm not at that level either. If you like Morde, play him and kick rear end :)

Edit ^^^ guy above me is 100% right in all the reasons Mord isn't considered a top tier pick right now, but if you're in the Novice thread, considerations of whether Morde's top end perfect burst against theirs isn't an issue because most likely everyone will miss half their poo poo anyway. Don't play against Brand though, cuz that dude's right and even a lovely Brand will skullfuck you. Orianna does, too, if she's played properly, but she's hard to play properly, so just don't pick Morde into Brand and you'll be fine

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 25, 2014

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

MrTheDevious posted:

Play Akali. Gunblade'd fed Akali is an absolute nightmare. You just can't stop her if she's far enough ahead.

I've heard she's good, too, but I suspect I'd be garbage with her shroud thingy.

I'm tempted to try a Gunblade/Nashor's/Lich Bane/Hydra/BT Jax build for the lol factor, cause it sounds incredibly amusing.

Edit: Oh yeah, cause nobody answered, does all lifesteal apply to Hydra passive or only Hydra lifesteal? Does lifesteal apply to Tiamat passive?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I've heard she's good, too, but I suspect I'd be garbage with her shroud thingy.

I'm tempted to try a Gunblade/Nashor's/Lich Bane/Hydra/BT Jax build for the lol factor, cause it sounds incredibly amusing.

Edit: Oh yeah, cause nobody answered, does all lifesteal apply to Hydra passive or only Hydra lifesteal? Does lifesteal apply to Tiamat passive?

All lifesteal, and I don't think so.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Hellioning posted:

All lifesteal, and I don't think so.

Goddamn that's OP. :stare: But ok, so Tiamat by itself is kind of meh in comparison, good to know.

Edit: I just watched AP Sona in Dominion go 1v4 and win handily. That's terrifying. :stare:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 25, 2014

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Won a game by flashing in with Janna shield + tornado to save Olaf, finish off enemy team and kill the nexus before they respawned :smug:

Also I'm pressing buttons with Kassadin and red bars are going down. I am not sure what the buttons do or what order in which to press them, but they seem to be doing things anyway. (Is going for W-enhanced autoattacks a good idea or is it only good for the passive?)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Tonight's pre-30 solo queue adventures: A complete stomp involving a duo support bot (Blitzcrank/Annie, of which I was the Blitzcrank) and a hard carry Garen who stomped the toplane Tyrnd so hard the dude afk'd. (He actually came to try and crush our lane with their Yi jungler and between Annie dropping Tibbers on Yi and me pulling Trynd into the turret we scored a Double Kill on a 4v2 fight :stare:) It was really fun because I basically just played the role of "big robot babysitter" and after landing a few good hooks Annie graduated into a full on AP Carry. Between here and the insane Garen, we had something like a 33-11 champ score difference.

The other match was one in which we very nearly lost because we couldn't group up and we were getting decimated early (though i had won my lane handily with two double kills early on). It took some modest fighting with the group to get them to group together (including a Skarner who was convinced that having a truckload of HP didn't make him a tank for a Caitlyn, Lux, Morgana, and a Leona who went top for... some reason and handily lost their lane to Rengar and so were massively behind)

Finally we managed to capitalize on a botched teamfight (since we had finally gotten all together and not immediately collapsed), even though we were 15 champ kills behind and had lost baron, and we just steamrolled mid to push as hard and as fast as possible. It was really close, all things considered, and Kayle had not just come off the fountain before we managed to finish off the Nexus.

Sometimes, pre-30 solo queue feels a little insane.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

Finally we managed to capitalize on a botched teamfight (since we had finally gotten all together and not immediately collapsed), even though we were 15 champ kills behind and had lost baron, and we just steamrolled mid to push as hard and as fast as possible. It was really close, all things considered, and Kayle had not just come off the fountain before we managed to finish off the Nexus.

In one of my most recent low Summoner Level games (average level of around 11 I think) we managed to win a game we were down turrets, dragons, lost a fight at baron, and had about half kills. Why? After the enemy team aced us in mid near our Nexus turret while they had a massive minion wave crashing into it two of them recalled and the other three all split up and went into different directions in the jungle. Our team caught them all out separately (and I mean we 5v1'd all of them) and pushed mid and won.

Low summoner level is the weirdest poo poo. Poppy/Jax botlanes, mid Garen, I don't even bother trying to figure out what lane characters are going in whenever I run into the inevitable 5 bruiser or 5 assassin teams anymore.

archduke.iago
Mar 1, 2011

Nostalgia used to be so much better.

How should I play Akali and Malzahar late game? I can normally instagib any individual member of their team, but I get wrecked in teamfights. I try split pushing and assassinating their split pushers, but it feels like any game that stretches past 30 min is a lost one.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

archduke.iago posted:

How should I play Akali and Malzahar late game? I can normally instagib any individual member of their team, but I get wrecked in teamfights. I try split pushing and assassinating their split pushers, but it feels like any game that stretches past 30 min is a lost one.
Roam and catch people alone in their jungles. Ward heavily to do so, and in teamfights pretty much just insta gib their squishies, get out and come back in when they're getting shut down. Not entirely sure on Malz, I don't play him. But my buddy plays Akali when we can bring heavy cc to fights so he can get the killin' done without interruption. I've been playing Irelia on the same basis.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I don't exactly know about Malz either but I would assume you'd go in trying to land your silence on as much of the enemy team is possible and then full-combo their most dangerous member. From what I've seen Malz plays essentially like an AP assassin, his combo looks vaguely like Zed's in that each part isn't super dangerous but if he lands the whole thing you're probably dead.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

The most important thing of Malz's is his ult is a 2.5 second lock down. It's probably going to be too dangerous for you to go after their mage or their adc in their backline. Instead if you ult their dive person on top of your W and also ignite them, you will melt a gigantic chunk off them. Basically just melt whoever you can catch first. Malz is also great at sieging enemy towers because your space disease eats away at minion waves and jumps to champions.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yeah, pretty much what the post edit: two posts above me say. Note that the most dangerous member on the team doesn't have to be the AD or AP carry. Using your ultimate on an enemy standing on a W will do considerable damage to tanks, especially when you add Ignite or something like Deathfire Grasp to the mix. And none of your teammates can probably resist such a juicy target and will chip in.

Just keep the following in mind:
"Nether Grasp has a suppression effect; it disables the use of summoner spells and is not affected by tenacity like Mercury's Treads. However, the suppression effect of his ultimate can be canceled by Quicksilver Sash, Olaf's Ragnarok, Gangplank's Remove Scurvy or Alistar's Unbreakable Will."
Also, Tryndamere can still use his ult while suppressed. And don't ult Wu Kong unless you are certain he can't use his clone, for obvious reasons.

Edit: I get the feeling half of my posts in LoL threads are Malzahar related these days. I'm becoming one of those people, aren't I?

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jan 25, 2014

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Malzahar looks like a really cool champ to play but I'm pretty sure I'd miss half his combo and look like an idiot playing him. :smith:

Also, I dunno about you guys, but I think BOTRK second (after jungling item) on Yi is awesome, gives him lifesteal, AS, AD, an active CC effect, and health shred for tanks. It's basically everything Yi needs and between that and his ult I can build straight damage, using Mobis for movement speed.

The only real downside to it is that it's rather expensive, but it can be built in such small chunks I don't think it matters too much, honestly.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

archduke.iago posted:

Malzahar is not really a split pusher -- he has the pushing half down, but the other half is being able to run or 1v1 when they send people after you. If you stay with your team, you can use your ult on the bruisers that dive your back line, which also keeps you safe while you're sitting still and channeling. He seems much better in teamfights than split pushing, since you can easily drop your AoE silence and pool on multiple targets once they're tied up fighting.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Rengar is such a broken piece of poo poo champion and he can go burn in Hell. :argh:

But counterpicking a troll pick with a harder troll pick is the best feeling. Nothing quite like completely zoning some rear end in a top hat who thought he would be cheeky and play Singed, only to be faced with Heimer in top lane. :allears:

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.
Two fairly short ADC questions today. I picked up Sivir a little while ago, and have absolutely fallen in love with her. Her damage potential, her spellshield, and her rundown with her ult are all a blast. However, I'm not entirely convinced I'm building her right. I normally do the standard start of Doran Blade, Pot, Ward Trinket, then my first big item is a Bloodthirster - I normally do the Vamp Scepter for better sustain first, then get my basic boots, then finish the BT - and follow that with LW, IE, Phantom Dancer, and then a Guardian Angel - or a Randuin's, if I'm feeling cheeky and somehow end up in their team a lot due to bad positioning. I also tend to build her Q first due to the high poke damage - I've been up against a lot of Champs that outrange me lately like Cait and Ashe, so I use the Q for harassment and farming. Critique on my item and ability build would be helpful! Additionally, what are good support choices that synergies well with Sivir? Right now I feel like it's Leona due to her strong engage and all in potential, plus Sivir's ult for bringing people into range, or Sona, due to Sona's poke game. Are there better choices for them, and am I on the money there?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Seems alright to me. When you're harassing with your Q, try to make sure there's nothing in the way of your target. Getting the full damage off will hurt a lot more and going for the reduced damage version will just make you run out of mana too quickly. Supports that work well with Sivir include melee supports because her ult. Taric and Leona can pretty much get a guaranteed kill in lane if you hit 6 before your opponent.

MasterColin
Aug 4, 2006
Anyone wanna skype (clothed - voice only) and play in like 20min? ColinIRL on LoL

Logicone
Nov 3, 2012

Fur proud service to ze Axis, I hereby avard myself und mein subordinates ze Better zan Herp Ribbon!

You get ze ribbon! Und YOU get ze ribbon! EVERYONE gets ze ribbon!

Except Herp. Arschloch.
I went ahead and added you Colin - I'm Nevalia on LoL, and Daeren and I are doing some Skype and League tonight.

mushi
Oct 13, 2003
I am addicted to video games.

Logicone posted:

Two fairly short ADC questions today. I picked up Sivir a little while ago, and have absolutely fallen in love with her. Her damage potential, her spellshield, and her rundown with her ult are all a blast. However, I'm not entirely convinced I'm building her right. I normally do the standard start of Doran Blade, Pot, Ward Trinket, then my first big item is a Bloodthirster - I normally do the Vamp Scepter for better sustain first, then get my basic boots, then finish the BT - and follow that with LW, IE, Phantom Dancer, and then a Guardian Angel - or a Randuin's, if I'm feeling cheeky and somehow end up in their team a lot due to bad positioning. I also tend to build her Q first due to the high poke damage - I've been up against a lot of Champs that outrange me lately like Cait and Ashe, so I use the Q for harassment and farming. Critique on my item and ability build would be helpful! Additionally, what are good support choices that synergies well with Sivir? Right now I feel like it's Leona due to her strong engage and all in potential, plus Sivir's ult for bringing people into range, or Sona, due to Sona's poke game. Are there better choices for them, and am I on the money there?
I wrote a really long post on ADC itemization that sort of explains the analysis. For the record, your build is fine, though building IE before phantom dancer means your build is stacking attack damage at the expense of attack speed. On Sivir that's actually not that terrible because of her W aa reset and steroid associated with it means you essentially have 4 attacks with good attack speed, but in general you might try a few games where you build PD or shiv earlier in your build.

Sivir's skill order is always the same. Max Q first, Max W second, and take a point in E at level 2.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Heimer is such an rear end in a top hat champion, oh my god. It's hilarious to watch a team get so fed up with me it takes a five man dive to finally dislodge me from my nest, as I completely zone their mid or top from any significant CS. :allears:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Thanks to everyone who suggested Nasus to me, I had a game earlier grouping with four friends, two of whom are extremely terrible, and they wanted to surrender at 20. At 35 minutes I was 1v5ing the enemy team and while they managed to kill me eventually we got an ace out of it and won.

It didn't hurt that their Singed itemized really badly and nobody had any magic pen or anything that ignored defense.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
a 300 stack nasus at 20 minutes is a horrible beast to go up against and they have to start accounting for you because you can 3-4 shot full health towers with your Q. With proper itemization (Spirit Visage) and levels your Q will have an extremely short cooldowns so you can really press issues if they don't keep you in check.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Hey guys, got a question on Lulu; how do you build her? I just came out of a game where I hit an end-game build going with what sort of felt appropriate? I wasn't really sure:

I wasn't sure on the Void Staff, but it felt like a good buy for the money, but I could've gotten a Rabbies at that point too. I got both Athenes and Morello later because I was so mana hungry because I love polymorphing dudes. It just cuts people off and they don't know what to do. I probably should've gotten Zhonyas instead of Void Staff come to think of it.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

"What do you build?" very much comes down to what you need and what you're against.

Looking at your current build:
Locket: A decent item for any support, but you only really want one on the team. Occasionally a jungler will build it, so keep one eye on what your jungle is building.
Ruby Sightstone: Sightstone is fine. The ruby upgrade is situational with the new ward caps. As an end-game build, the extra HP and a couple more wards before you have to reload is decent.
Morello: You said you got it for the mana regen, and it does have a good mix of stats. CDR is nice, and obviously you can use the AP. However, you really shouldn't need both Athene's AND Morello's for mana regen. However you usually pick one or the other based on need. Also remember the passive on Morrello's is REALLY nice against teams with a lot of healing or regen (like Vlad or Mundo).
Athene's: Chalice gives more regen than Morrellos and some extra magic resist. It's more defensive while Morellos is more offensive. Baby chalice is fairly cheap if you don't need all the extra crap Athene's gives you. There's no shame in just leaving your baby chalice unupgraded while you build other things.
Void Staff: Were they stacking a TON of MR? If not, void staff probably wasn't worth it. Especially when you consider that as Lulu your utility stuff that scales off of AP isn't reduced by MR anyway. Rabadon's would have been a better choice in most cases. I could also make an argument for DFG if you were looking for more AP, more damage, and you had a bunch of other AP champs on your team to take advantage of the increased magic damage debuff. I think I'd go rabadon's in most cases though.
Sorc Boots: Pretty standard, and I see you picked up homgeguard. Grab homeguard on whatever boots you end up running at the time in the game where you start feeling the need to make it back to lane much faster. The upgrade cost isn't that bad, and being able to make it back to lane that much faster is worth more than it initially appears. Good call here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Logicone posted:

Your build is alright, I would get a zeal before you start with the IE just for some extra attackspeed after a LW an Bloodthirster, but I'm not some sort of god at playing Sivir. Ability build is also on point. Leona is a good support with Sivir, as is Thresh. Annie is good with everyone, really, but you want a support that is capable of being aggressive early. Sivir has a ridiculous amount of synergy with Taric, however, it's one of the classic lanes. Lots of burst from both, and if they leave the lane you can chain ults to destroy the tower as soon as you hit 6, regardless of what health it has(for the most part, if their jungler is around this is not a very good idea).

• Locked thread