Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The Chase?
This poll is closed.
Augh 46 32.39%
gently caress 96 67.61%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Kwik posted:

Didn't Harvick's first win after Dale died come at Atlanta in a drag race to the line with Jeff Gordon?

Yes. And up until only a few laps left, there were 3 other people in contention to win as well. A nice little group of cars racing for the lead in the last 10 laps before Harvick and Gordon broke away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

SwampYankee posted:

The final laps of that race were some of the best racing I've seen. Lots of side by side and 3 wide action and a ridiculously close finish.

If you go back and watch Atlanta and Charlotte races from about '99 through '05 or so, they more often than not were pretty decent races. Not always amazing and there were some duds, but they were still very much worth tuning in for. Unlike today, where both tracks consistently produce racing that is as bottom of the barrel as it gets.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Thank loving christ that the only nascar races I give a poo poo about anymore are the road tracks. But sweet gently caress this is stupid, even for them.

But it's ok I'm sure this will finally provide them the edge they need to overtake the NFL in ratings come fall. Right guys?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Elitist Bitch posted:

Well, I'm in as Earnhardt Jr. 2014 Champion. This is all a crock of poo poo, let's watch it burn, etc etc etc

Oh wait what the gently caress do I care?

:hawksin:

Seriously though, is F1 really that bad? Because I have the feeling this season is going to be worse than terrible.

Watch IndyCar, touring cars and endurance racing if you want to see good races. F1 *might* be good with the new rules but I'm dubious.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LASTCAR posted:

71-year-old Morgan Shepherd is going to attempt the Daytona 500 in a third BK Racing car, #93.

Shepherd hasn't started the 500 since 1997, finishing 29th for owner Richard Jackson. Five years earlier, when driving for the Wood Brothers, Shepherd finished a close 2nd to Davey Allison. He finished last in the 500 in 1988, sweeping the weekend along with the Nationwide race.

By my count, this means we could have 49 cars attempting the 500 this year, which would make me a very happy camper. :)

Everyone should root for him to make the field

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uI6faB9tQwI

Morgan Shepherd owns bones

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fag Boy Jim posted:

make the cars something other than spec pieces of poo poo so things might actually happen in the first 400 miles of a motor race

Also, opening up regulations leads to better racing anyway since cars usually have different strengths and weaknesses.

I still say they need a GT3-style rule set, where they have to start with a road car. But this will never, ever happen so I don't know why I keep wanting it to happen.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

daslog posted:

What channel and what time do I get to see SRA win Daytona?

FS1, 4pm eastern.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

poop noises

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Gonna be even better for 500 miles next week!

but if i wait until the last turn on the last lap, i can WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Exi7wound posted:

I get a job and my first post in the new thread is 26 pages in, and I missed the ARCA race. gently caress this working noise.

No man, you didn't miss anything.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Stenhouse got back in the gas with a wrecked car when there was a fuckin car spinning in front of him.

Holy goddamn. That is some ARCA poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ricky Stenhouse managed to make me feel bad for Danica loving Patrick. Good job you loving doofus, you made the unthinkable a reality. I'm still in awe of how stupid that was.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CactusWeasle posted:

She lost control trying to slow down. Then she clipped the grass and spun.

Still a thousand times better than accelerating in a wrecked car that you can't see out of

What the gently caress

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Entire day redeemed

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cyrezar posted:

Fantastic showing for Chevrolet's new flagship sedan here just bursting into flames randomly.

It's a pretty accurate picture of what to expect from a GM product.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This race is hilarious and it better end with every single car wrecking off of four.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

A good race with an awful finish. That's somehow even worse than the typical bad race and bad finish. I hate this awful series.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Boomer The Cannon posted:

This isn't ARCA.

You sure about that?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Easy Mac posted:

No it's not.

The first car I ever owned was a 1993 Pontiac. It gave me more problems than my nearly 30-year-old rotary-powered car has.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Quick someone post that picture with Tim Richmond's dick hanging out to balance things out

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bigbillystyle posted:

Well the unthinkable happened yesterday. I was out plowing snow so I didn't get to watch the shootout until yesterday and unfortunately, it got my hopes up for the upcoming season. Well, it got my hopes up for this week. I'm actually excited for the Duels. I'm excited for the 500. I'm looking forward to eating too many chicken wings while watching Johnson or Kenseth begin this season with a robotic interview from victory lane.

I'm excited to see what happens with all the new guys at Stewart-Haas.
I'm wondering if Newman will bring the #31 back into relevancy by getting more than 1 top 10 a season.
I'm wondering if Kyle Larson will indeed be as exciting to watch as I want him to be.
And I really want to see somebody completely exploit the new Chase format. Please let some driver like David Ragan win a plate race and somehow string together 10 races at the end of the season so some 28th place driver wins the championship.

I cannot wait for Matt Kenseth to win the 500 as a yellow comes out in turn 2 on the final lap and the whole field is single-file behind him :allears:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

CactusWeasle posted:

I still think Sunday ends up with everyone being over-conservative and logging laps in single file for 490 miles, followed by a bunch of GWC's.

This, and then the last restart ends exactly as I predicted it would, with Matt Kenseth in first and the entire field single-file behind them as a yellow flies off of two for a single-car spinning down off the track and not hitting anything.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bhester posted:

As long as LC Morgan Shepherd makes the race I couldn't care less what happens.

Seriously if you're not rooting for Morgan then you are terrible

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Cygni posted:

Blaney / #77 done, team packing up the hauler. No back up, couldn't find anyone willing to loan them one, and car not repairable.

gently caress you Matt Kenseth

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gret posted:

I don't. That's why I watch NASCAR.

:slick:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Harveygod posted:

Yes, then he would be immortalized with such prestigious names as Sterling Marlon, Ward Burton

If you're gonna poo poo talk Sterling Marlin and Ward Burton we're gonna have to ask you to leave, sir.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Mears makes it in because of the wreck :woop:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I am anxiously awaiting the field. Mears better be in dammit or I will be so bummed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

e2: :lol: rain may make this be for nothing.

The Truck race is gonna be rained out tonight I bet :(

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BMB5150 posted:

The whole weekend from what I looked yesterday was going to be rained out. gently caress it return of Monday Night NASCAR and have them all race together, for guys doing double duty get recently retired guys to race and go for it.

Well, only 40% chance of rain tomorrow and Sunday. 80% today.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Rain more or less stopped and there isn't any more on its way according to the radar, so looks like the Truck race is on for tonight :toot:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I'm glad Kyle Busch continues to give me reasons to not give a flying gently caress about this awful sport.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VikingSkull posted:

Kyle win #127

This is the stupidest bullshit gimmick, you are a loving retard, gently caress off

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VikingSkull posted:

it's just a statistic

A completely disingenuous statistic propped up by morons that cannot accept the fact that Busch is garbage in Cup and has to make up for it by driving against lovely drivers to get easy wins

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

VikingSkull posted:

he's got 28 Cup wins, that's better than most in history

Lots of championships too!

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FuzzySkinner posted:

It'd be cool to see is what I'm saying?

If you think he would ever step outside of his comfort zone and do something new and challenging, you're completely insane.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Peanut President posted:

People mad about a truck series race. A series about racing pick up trucks in circles.

Disappointed is a better description.

Although to be fair, the race was loving garbage 90% of the time anyway. Great job with that no pushing rule, NASCAR, made for a much better race with lots of passing :thumbsup:

Wait don't they have that rule in place tomorrow as well?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This is the worst race at Daytona I have ever seen in any series in my entire life.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'm having a hard time differentiating what's making this worse than any other plate race in the past 6 years.

Nobody can pass. If you're not on the bottom you go nowhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

This is the loving stupidest rule I have ever seen in auto racing.

• Locked thread