Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Miltank posted:

just started playing a week ago and my biggest problem so far is that my wallbreakers keep getting lit up before they reach the wall. :happyelf:

drop bees or giants first to take hits then drop wallbreakers. make sure to time it so they don't get massacred in mortar fire directed at the distraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Miltank posted:

just started playing a week ago and my biggest problem so far is that my wallbreakers keep getting lit up before they reach the wall. :happyelf:

Send in the giants first. Time the wallbreakers to hit the wall at about the same time, but your giants are soaking up a bit of damage.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

ixo posted:

You'll likely get frustrated later in the game......

Whys that...? Genuinely interested as this game is pretty fun so far but i don't want to grind up and find there's a massive shitfest waiting for me.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Whys that...? Genuinely interested as this game is pretty fun so far but i don't want to grind up and find there's a massive shitfest waiting for me.

Just play and have as much fun as possible. It's a free iOS game.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

Sanguine posted:

This is an amazingly addictive little game, glad I got a new phone so I could play it!

One question though - why go past TH4?

Well at some point you'll run out of things to upgrade and you'll have capped storages. Don't you want to crush your enemies with new and interesting kinds of troops?

hitchensgoespop posted:

Just cost inflation in buildings and troops. Don't worry about it, if you play for a week and then quit you've invested $0 and had "some fun" giving you an infinite ROI

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Miltank posted:

Drop a giant to distract the guns, then drop the wallbreakers in a different spot so they don't get hit by mortar spash!

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Omniblivion posted:

Drop a giant to distract the guns, then drop the wallbreakers in a different spot so they don't get hit by mortar spash!

Or time it so they run in between shots if a different spot exposes the wallbreakers to other defenses.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. Thanks for letting me into the clan and all that! Upgrading my town hall to level 5 now. So, what exactly are the benefits of being in a clan?

Also I started upgrading my giants, because I figure making them more durable would be a good idea. Not sure if that was the smart thing to do though.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Nuebot posted:

I think I'm finally getting the hang of this. Thanks for letting me into the clan and all that! Upgrading my town hall to level 5 now. So, what exactly are the benefits of being in a clan?

Also I started upgrading my giants, because I figure making them more durable would be a good idea. Not sure if that was the smart thing to do though.

You can give and recieve dudes from other players. You can use them to attack or defend. We hand out level 3+ archers like candy because their cost is negligible, but they are awesome.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
You can also chat, share replays and get base help.

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
Thanks to whoever with the pro tip about using a shitload of goblins to nab resources and just using the rest as an elaborate distraction. I quadrupled my income, even if I don't win every fight now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
New update looks cool!

http://forum.supercell.net/showthread.php/198049-Update-Hero-Abilities!-(version-5-172)

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

They updated, I did a couple of raids and then it went straight back to update. First a few minutes, now 20. I think someone made a boo-boo.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
A tree trunk gave me 5 gems, they may have doubled max gem pay out during arboring. That gem box is worth a cool 20 so I've seen from a screenshot.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I've just begun my watch. $200k wall upgrades. I'll see you guys in a month. :(

Upside is soon I'll have all my elixir upgrades accounted for so I'll just start spamming lvl 4 wizards and such to hand out.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
You know, 200k walls was relatively painless actually. I got all mine done last week.

Only 224 more to go! :shepspends:

SCOTLAND
Feb 26, 2004

ixo posted:

You know, 200k walls was relatively painless actually. I got all mine done last week.

Doing l8 walls before finishing your cannons and such? For shame.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
I buy walls with excess cash right before an upgrade. In this instance I had 2 million of each and wanted to upgrade a dark barracks, so I just burned the gold on walls and then set the builder to the rax. Left me with no gold to steal.

If I saved up wall upgrades until everything was done, I would have to grind 112million in one stretch to finish. No thanks!

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

ixo posted:

I buy walls with excess cash right before an upgrade. In this instance I had 2 million of each and wanted to upgrade a dark barracks, so I just burned the gold on walls and then set the builder to the rax. Left me with no gold to steal.

If I saved up wall upgrades until everything was done, I would have to grind 112million in one stretch to finish. No thanks!

I am doing this for l7 walls and it sucks. Thankfully I only have 4 more to go.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
I just applied to our lift clan since the other two are full. I'm having a lot of fun with the game so far. I got to TH5 yesterday. Definitely having the most fun with regular attacks. Constantly frustrated with getting groups of barbs or archers smashed by mortar rounds when the giants get in under the minimum fire range of those things.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

SCOTLAND posted:

Doing l8 walls before finishing your cannons and such? For shame.

To be fair, I did the same thing as ixo with regards to not finishing upgrades while working on walls.

To save a bit on time, I had an open builder and was consistently grinding to upgrade the walls while working on upgrading everything else. By the time my defenses were done, my walls were pretty much up to date as well. The only drawback is that I had max elixir, but I guess there's nothing wrong with spamming wizards/dragons/pekkas or whatever to keep the elixir down.

edit: This is only efficient if you have 4+ builders. Anything less and it will take a lot longer.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

What should I be focusing on right now? I started a week back but put the game down, so I'm out of the 3 day shield. Last night I upgraded everything to max for my TH2. Right now, I'm upgrading to TH3, and I'm sitting at like 300 trophies. Should I try and lose my trophies some how or what?

Once TH3 is up and running, I'm thinking of going with a base design like this

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Looks fine, though you can bring your out-side assets out from the wall a bit which increases the dead-zone they can't deploy things onto. You can also take your clan castle out, because that plus the random wall segments combined should let you encase your mortar.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Khablam posted:

Looks fine, though you can bring your out-side assets out from the wall a bit which increases the dead-zone they can't deploy things onto. You can also take your clan castle out, because that plus the random wall segments combined should let you encase your mortar.

How would you design it exactly if you have the time, can you build it on the builder website?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Khablam posted:

But if you move them from the wall it allows them to kill it with archers with impunity. If you put it right against your outer wall they take fire while spending time destroying it. I would only ever leave a 1 tile space to put traps.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...
Is there any way to import base builds into the game or can you just mock them up and then manually create them?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I'm pissed about the increase in price for hog riders.

ixo posted:

You're a crazy man.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Is it bad to be at TH3 and 350 trophies? I'm continually raiding people as fast as I can make troops.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Blue Raider posted:

I'm pissed about the increase in price for hog riders.

I probably would be if I was there yet. I just made TH6 a day ago.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Zotix posted:

Is it bad to be at TH3 and 350 trophies? I'm continually raiding people as fast as I can make troops.

Yeah that's fine. You can even find some good ones occasionally that have a lot of untouched resources and little/no base defenses.

I'll edit this since it's still the last post in the thread:

What is a good trophy level to farm as a TH6? I was finding some very lucrative bases that were just out of my army's reach while poking around in the 1100 - 1200 ranges.

b0ng fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 30, 2014

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012

Omniblivion posted:

The clan is now invite only, post on here or PM me if you lift and want an invite. Lifting your phone might not count.

I sent a request an hour or so ago (sorry, I just saw the clan name in the OP and looked it up in game; I hadn't gotten around to reading up to this post).

Full disclosure, I do not lift. I could fit 20+ wristwatches on one arm, spanning hand to armpit. If this invalidates my clan application, I understand, just please don't hurt me.

For what it's worth, I've only been playing a week. Just tickling at the game, hanging around the TH3 level and upgrading my poo poo. I finally today got around to starting the next TH upgrade and rebuilding the Clan Castle.

Got a teeny tiny weenie-town,

Also, for the past few days I've been pestered by little non-raids, where the other player just drops a single guy in, or one of those big King/Queen things then immediately surrenders. I assume these people are using my lowly TH to grind down their trophy level? It's kind of annoying if only for the dull replay.

Noaloha fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jan 31, 2014

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
If you can fit a wristwatch over your bicep, you should not only join the DYEL clan but also go read YLLS

Has the increase in cost for hogs made a big difference for anyone running them as a main army? Changed your comp at all? I'd been saving DE to get hogs3 but I'm wondering if I should split that between the king and minions now.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
I can bench press 2x50KG Dumbbells

I also donate as much as i can and would like a clan invite

my name is

"thabuttemuncha"

which i now regret but i've invested about 2 weeks into this game so far and i dont really feel like resetting.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
We can't invite you, you have to search for the clans through your CC and send a request. Then we can either accept you lovingly or laugh and reject you because we're full, depending on which clan you send a request to.

Brimmstone
Mar 10, 2007

GO CRAZY, FOLKS! GO CRAZY!

ixo posted:

We can't invite you, you have to search for the clans through your CC and send a request. Then we can either accept you lovingly or laugh and reject you because we're full, depending on which clan you send a request to.

Besides, we already have a 'butte' on board. I believe we have met our quota for EoE compliance.

Good day, sir.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I can't find any loot at 1100 with TH7, should I drop back to 900?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Move up to 1300. I think it's harder to find loot moving down trophies, personally, but that's probably just me.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
The whole lifting requirement isn't actually a requirement. But definitely expect that poo poo may be given for those non-lifters among us.

Also, I'm TH5 and have noticed a huge drop in available booty to plunder around the 800 trophy range. Need to find the appropriate range for more booty... NEED MORE BOOTY

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
The key is just the next button. If I'm spending 20 minutes building an army, it's worth it to spend 1-2 minutes to find a good target. I don't even bother looking at the base unless I see 100k+ of a resource that I'm after. I'm currently TH5 and around 1100 trophies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Secret Sweater posted:

The key is just the next button.

Yeah, two days ago I was finding tons of guys with 100k+, but the last few days have been very dry. I'm talking like 5k gold in skips looking for an appropriate target, not very efficient :)