Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Noaloha posted:

I sent a request an hour or so ago

I don't see your request in there- did you get in a clan? Never not be in a clan, even if you don't lift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noaloha
Dec 28, 2012
^

poo poo, sorry. I think I sent the message to a clan called douevenliftbro, rather than DoUEvenLiftBro. Re-sent now!

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
What's with the retarded clan names, anyway?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I know there are links in the OP with tons of designs, but are there any go to designs for the lower THs? Like 5 and below?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Zotix posted:

I know there are links in the OP with tons of designs, but are there any go to designs for the lower THs? Like 5 and below?

You don't really get enough walls to do much. Leave ur TH outside. Put defenses and whatever resources you can inside. If you raid a lot and have packed storages, put those inside. If you always have 0 resources and rely on collectors, put those inside.

There's also this tacky as gently caress website with lovely bases if you really can't figure it out:
http://clashofclansbuilder.com/

Nauta posted:

What's with the retarded clan names, anyway?
The thing about clan names is there's always someone who thinks that X clan name is retarded. If you can't bear the thought of having a retarded clan name under your name, make your own it's only 40k gold to form one.

Secret Sweater fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 1, 2014

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Secret Sweater posted:

The thing about clan names is there's always someone who thinks that X clan name is retarded. If you can't bear the thought of having a retarded clan name under your name, make your own it's only 40k gold to form one.

That's not why. We are all retarded and the names match.

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

This is the sad truth. Also we like to encourage people to better themselves with physical exertion.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012

Zotix posted:

Check out my base for TH5 (I can't link pictures from my phone because I'm terrible). My IGN is Omniblivion- how creative!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

Also, we do lift, bro.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I feel like this game would be better without walls. I thought upgrading those things was tedious enough, but actually making bases has to be the most tedious thing I've done in a game in recent memory. At some point I just said gently caress it and made a basic box shape because placing individual wall pieces was destroying my will to live.

The attacking is fun though.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
You don't have to place each wall segment individually! Enter village edit mode, remove all buildings and place one wall down. You can then drag the arrows coming out of the placed segment to quickly place long sections. Fully doing my TH8 base took ~5mins tops.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Awesome tip, it's so much better now.

Also, what TH level is realistic for the 1250 trophies achievement? I'm pretty sure the answer is not TH4 since I only barely made 750 by sniping ~4k resource towns that messed up their mortar placement.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Higsian posted:

Also, what TH level is realistic for the 1250 trophies achievement? I'm pretty sure the answer is not TH4 since I only barely made 750 by sniping ~4k resource towns that messed up their mortar placement.

I think I hit it without effort around TH 6? I don't raid too much though.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I saw this picture the other day, apparently the guy is down around 1800 trophies now, but still though :stare:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I don't get it. How does he only have a level 4 town hall?

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

RCarr posted:

I don't get it. How does he only have a level 4 town hall?

It's called TH sniping. Basically you're online forever and you spam "next" until you find a base that has a townhall sitting outside (these exist in all tiers) and kill it. It's nothing special and it's kind of tedious imo, but whatever floats their boat.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
I hit TH6 and was playing around with some designs on the base building website. Pretty sure it doesn't really matter much at this stage, but here are a few I came up with. Gonna be going for number 5 I believe that to be the biggest pain in the rear end to siege of the lot.

1:2:
3:4:5:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I'd go for 4 tbh

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Dancing Peasant posted:

I saw this picture the other day, apparently the guy is down around 1800 trophies now, but still though :stare:

How does he have 8M max resources at Th4??

cr4zyd
Mar 31, 2011

TraderStav posted:

wait that makes no sense he has the black oil stuff too

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
There's a way to play offline. That offline version can be hacked. That's what that dude did, as his configuration isn't possible.

It's completely possible to hit crystal league at that TH, it's just a huge pain.

e: also I'm dumb and not observant!

Secret Sweater posted:

I hit TH6 and was playing around with some designs on the base building website. Pretty sure it doesn't really matter much at this stage, but here are a few I came up with. Gonna be going for number 5 I believe that to be the biggest pain in the rear end to siege of the lot.

Of those, #4 is the best. Assuming you request troops often, your CC is the best defense you have, and having it dead center means it's difficult for an opponent to "kite" them away to kill before committing to a full assault. Having all storages next to outer walls isn't ideal, but it's the best of the group.

ixo fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 1, 2014

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

TraderStav posted:

The person viewing the other town hall has 8m resources, not the person with the Th4. You can see the "return home" button in the lower left corner.

Total Confusion
Oct 9, 2004
edit: nvm I'm an idiot

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I hate how that stupid CoC builder website has it's entire utility NOT on a 45 degree angle like the actual game is. I tried to recreate my base in there to show somebody, and just gave up because I had to keep referring to my game to get the alignments right.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

duffmensch posted:

The person viewing the other town hall has 8m resources, not the person with the Th4. You can see the "return home" button in the lower left corner.

Ah damnit.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Those TH5 designs look good, got a good TH4 one?

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Zotix posted:

Those TH5 designs look good, got a good TH4 one?

Something like this maybe? I don't know.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

TraderStav posted:

Yeah, he hacking somehow. Even mediocre troops would absolutely steamroll that base.

Edit: Ahh. never mind. I'm dumb. I have seen a couple people hack their way to the top, though. So it's possible somehow.

McSpankWich posted:

Something like this maybe? I don't know.

That's good, but I'd make the cannon and archer towers diagonal rather than parallel to give a little extra air defense.

Blue Raider fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 1, 2014

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So I have a weird question. The number one player right now has won 2 attacks and 0 defenses. How is that even possible?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Number of Attacks/Defenses won resets every few weeks. Number of trophies does not. So he ground his way up to 4500, and so far this season has only won 2 attacks. When the league resets 1 day from now, he will not be at the top of the league again until he attacks (win or lose).

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
wrong thread

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 2, 2014

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
wrong thread - this is not my hockey tab

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Feb 2, 2014

valinhorn
Jun 25, 2006
I am no one to be Trifled with!!!!

Secret Sweater posted:

This is my current setup. It has been working pretty well. I might swap the CC and my TH.

Interlude
Jan 24, 2001

Guns are basically hand fedoras.
I am now in goon clan.

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
Some people aren't letting me know if they're goons in their invites, so if you have an invite that hasn't been accepted yet, stop being bad and let me know to accept you.

Also, I may have thrown my back out lifting this weekend. gently caress my life.

Strike Anywhere
Oct 3, 2006
I love the smell of sulfur in the morning...

Higsian posted:

I got 1250 at TH5 to pick up the gems, and I think you could do TH4 just as easily. Grab archers and go to the find a match screen. Keep hitting Next on the right side until you get to an enemy where you don't immediately see the town hall in the center. Zoom out and find it. Some are within range of towers so even archers get hit. Skip those. There will be some with town halls that are far enough on the side that you can place archers out of range of turrets. Just keep hitting those. As soon as TH falls, end the game, take the 4-11 trophies you get, and find another.

As soon as I got 1250 I switched to a giant/goblin/archer mix to just raid for resources and lose on purpose so I could focus on upgrading for a while.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Anyone care to comment on how much of a game changer heal spells are? I'm going to be getting both heal and upgraded giants this evening.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Secret Sweater posted:

Anyone care to comment on how much of a game changer heal spells are? I'm going to be getting both heal and upgraded giants this evening.

It's let me push a lot harder with giants (I just hit level 3 a couple days ago). I feel more comfortable attacking bases with lots of little "cells" than I did before.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I usually use heal potions and well placed wallbreakers to allow my giants to get to well entrenched anti-air, and then send in the healers once it's dead. The potions will usually bring them back up to full from almost dead, so they're pretty nice. They can really allow an attack like that to succeed when otherwise your healers would be killed before the giants could take out the battery

cr4zyd
Mar 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63d3K5xw0oc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFupJHBBhcY

Watch as one man spends $100 on gems for a questionable cause!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Probably to get it all back in the people that will click on his advertising links. I guess the old thread tag does apply here.