Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Okay so I set up my auto clicker so I never have to log out so I can make a trophy push to champs.

How is my rig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I just saw that Chief Pat video ranting about those guys ... I wonder why he's so butthurt about Champion's League.

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

terre packet posted:

My newbie 3-day shield just ran out and I am now scared to death of being attacked (TH3). If I make an army that is hanging out in my army camps, will they help defend if someone invades me?

Something that I think isn't conveyed super well to new players is that if any buildings get razed during a raid they're repaired automatically for free afterward. It's like, 5 seconds of downtime, tops. The only permanent thing you have to lose is resources, and even then they can only steal something like 10% of what you have at the time anyway.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007

ixo posted:

Nope! Your defenses and whatever troops have been donated to you in your clan castle are all that stand between you and ruin (losing some resources)

Did you join a goon clan?

Not yet! I still gotta rescue (?) that clan castle.

Pseudoscorpion posted:

Something that I think isn't conveyed super well to new players is that if any buildings get razed during a raid they're repaired automatically for free afterward. It's like, 5 seconds of downtime, tops. The only permanent thing you have to lose is resources, and even then they can only steal something like 10% of what you have at the time anyway.

Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering about this too.

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY
Before I get probated for poo poo posting, just sent request to lift. My CoC name is bizlaine because my real name just isn't douchey enough.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
I started playing this yesterday and it seems that the defensive options are extremely underpowered compared to the offensive options you have. Does this change later on or should I just keep sniping people's warehouses and instantly spending all the gold on useless walls?

Also why am I constantly being attacked by a single barbarian king or 2-3 random units? Are people tanking their ratings for some reason?

how me a frog fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Feb 8, 2014

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

how me a frog posted:

I started playing this yesterday and it seems that the defensive options are extremely underpowered compared to the offensive options you have. Does this change later on or should I just keep sniping people's warehouses and instantly spending all the gold on useless walls?

Also why am I constantly being attacked by a single barbarian king or 2-3 random units? Are people tanking their ratings for some reason?

yes/no/depends. a well conceived attack will always beat a base, no base is indestructable. you will fail attacks and a lot of them.

People dropping trophy levels will send out a unit to start a fight then surrender.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Secret Sweater posted:

Okay so I set up my auto clicker so I never have to log out so I can make a trophy push to champs.

How is my rig?

Legit.

I wonder if you can slave your ipad to a computer and use AHK.

Though thats way too high on the level of everything messed up for me to want to try.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Soulex posted:

Legit.

I wonder if you can slave your ipad to a computer and use AHK.

Though thats way too high on the level of everything messed up for me to want to try.

I've made bots with auto it and blue stack for android games. I don't see why you couldn't do that with this unless doc doesn't run in blue stack well.

I don't even think you'd need a full not just an auto click when a box appears so you are only logged out five minutes an hour. Until you get banned for being on 24/7 and are clearly bottling. You could add an 8 hour sleep though so its realistic, but does anyone really care about losing 10%?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Its more of "my trophies are gone :gonk:" than resources.

Trophy pushing is kinda lame if you aren't th9 or 10. Not enough umph to defenses or troops.

The only time Ill stay online is if I am 100-200k away from a multi million upgrade and don't want to take the chance.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

ixo posted:

FREQUENTLY UTTERED CLASH QUESTIONS, aka "The FUCQ?"

If I can’t be attacked while logged in, can I just leave the app running to be invincible?

If you have achieved true autism and are actually active in this game for over an hour, another popup appears saying Go Outside Virgin Your Workers Need To Rest! And you will be forcibly logged out for 5 minutes.

....I hit it once :sweatdrop:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Well I finally got to 1250 trophies this morning, TH8. Still haven't attacked anyone yet, but my tower defense blueprint is working well. I got 36 trophies last night while giving up less than 50K in gold and 150K in the purple stuff. I don't understand why people attack if they aren't going to get anything much and give up their trophies.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Just spent 30 minutes looking for someone to hit, nothing. TH5 kind of sucks, you are stuck in the giant rut with no healing. Most bases will just chew through giants with ease between the mortar and the wizard's tower. I have access to Wizards but I'm not really sure if they are worth using at this point.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Yes they are. Especially in your mortar's blind spots.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
I think Zotix means the unit Wizards with that last question, but I think Soulex you're referring to the tower in your answer.

I would also like to know the answer. Currently I'm going mass goblins and some wall breakers as needed to just gank resources and take the loss. For getting trophies I just used barbs, archers, and wall breakers. I'd like to know if there are better options. I've also found giants underwhelming so far, but maybe I'm using them wrong.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ah. Yeah, early on barbs and archers are your best bet. Giants really don't come into their own until healing spells. And then its good. Really avoid them until you can heal them.

SquareDog
Feb 8, 2004

silent but deadly
In lower levels (where I am) giants are great as a distraction while my goblins clean house or my archers destroy them.

swampcow
Jul 4, 2011

I used to use barbs and giants only, but now that I've mixed in archers, I've been winning or looting far more effectively. Giants not only tank well, but they head straight for the nearest defensive building. 4 of them can kill a mortar by themselves, even with a bunch of towers shooting at them.

I'm still at TH4, so winning really depends on where the enemy mortar is. If they're dumb enough to put it near a perimeter, then I drop some giants nearby to aggro and then drop archers to kill the mortar.

Even against towns that you know you can't win against, you might find a full collector in an unprotected corner. Drop a test archer and see what happens.

Always Be Clashing

abiogenesis
Feb 4, 2009
Applied to the Lift.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I mistimed an attack and sent out all my archers on a base I would otherwise have easily taken. A second before the mortar died. One shot and all my archers were gone, and so were thirty of my trophies.

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
If I receive CC troops, then attack and don't use them during that attack, will they disappear after the battle just like regular unused troops?

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe
Unused troops don't disappear after attacks, whether they're in the CC or not. If you have a full camp + cc, and only drop one archer in an attack, only that archer will disappear.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Some attacks I get just don't make sense. Like one guy who dropped 30 barbarians, 18 archers, 8 giants, 8 wizards, and a lightning spell (all 2-3 stars) to get at my 2k gold and 1k elixir. Or this other guy who dropped 3 giants, 12 wall breakers, 2 goblins, 15 archers, and 13 barbarians to take 5k gold, 700 elixir, and lose the fight. I know for a fact there are much better targets at my rank so I don't know what these people are thinking at all.

I don't lose anything I care about and it's pretty funny waking up to those kind of things, but it's also hurts my brain.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup
Sometimes I'll drop tons of troops on a crappy base just because I find it funny to overkill bases.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

I get pretty annoyed at dudes who just hit the DE collector with lightning spells and run away. I almost auto-revenge those guys just because.

Hell, I don't even mind when I get full-on attacks and lose DE that way, at least it's ... honorable, I guess.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Thinking ahead to TH8, what do you guys think of these layouts?

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Feb 9, 2014

xarg
Sep 17, 2008

IF A MAN DRINK LIKE THAT AND HE DONT EAT HE IS GOING TO DIE

ixo posted:

Unused troops don't disappear after attacks, whether they're in the CC or not. If you have a full camp + cc, and only drop one archer in an attack, only that archer will disappear.
Wait, what? When did this happen? I swear whenever I used to attack, all my dudes would be gone afterwards. I'm so used to the habit now of dumping every troop I have (except champions/spells/CC)

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Thinking ahead to TH8, what do you guys think of these layouts?

Are you raiding or trophy farming? Either or, triangles are good (mortars in a triangle, wiz towers etc). Id also recommend putting your clan castle in the middle so your troops wont get baited out and your barb king on sleep. Unless you want him for defense. Ill post mine as soon as I figure out how to do it from my phone.

ixo
Sep 8, 2004

m'bloaty

Fun Shoe

McSpankWich posted:

Thinking ahead to TH8, what do you guys think of this layout? I wasn't going to wall in my TH, but I had like a billion excess walls, so I did. Working on a second option now.

That base isn't too bad, but if I came across it I wouldn't hesitate to attack. The Clan Castle and King are out on the edge which means I can easily kite them out to kill using those builders huts in the corners. The wiz towers are fairly near the edge, so they would come down quickly. All the compartments would be a pain in the rear end, but I would still go for it.

This is approximately what I've been using, and I've been happy with it.

It's still vulnerable to hogs, but so is everything. Attacks generally go for the DE storage first, and often don't make it past 1 of each storage. Almost nobody attacks me with air based forces.

Just as a general rule, don't put builders huts on the edges. It just makes it easier to kite your forces out of the CC.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I modified yours a little, I don't like having all four of those structures in one enclosure on the outskirts like you have, so I reduced it to three and shifted some stuff around. What do you think?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

Back when I was in TH8, I used this setup:

In the 3-4 months I was at TH8, I only got three-starred one time, and that was with an all-dragon attack and I only had two Air Defenses available.

Other than that, it was intimidating enough to just have the TH taken out and then have the leftover troops fried with the pair of Teslas behind the Barracks.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Ive found myself getting attacked more after they trigger my booby trapped TH.

Secret Sweater
Oct 17, 2005
dup

Soulex posted:

Ive found myself getting attacked more after they trigger my booby trapped TH.

But it makes for the most hilarious replays. This was a recent one I shared with a friend of mine. I present to you: The 5 stages of Loss and Grief

Denial and Isolation

Anger

Bargaining

Depression

Acceptance

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Upgrading your walls does two things, reduces attacks through intimidation, and causes many (basically all) attacks to peter out prematurely.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

McSpankWich posted:

I modified yours a little, I don't like having all four of those structures in one enclosure on the outskirts like you have, so I reduced it to three and shifted some stuff around. What do you think?

This is what I've been using for TH8 and I've been very happy with it: http://clashofclansbuilder.com/plan/73829

You should give it a try.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Every goon guild is full now. I just want to compare PEKKAs :(

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Start a fourth.

Show me your Pekka

Omniblivion
Oct 17, 2012
If I can figure out the best way to see if someone is inactive, I'll start booting people that just tested the waters and bounced.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Omniblivion posted:

If I can figure out the best way to see if someone is inactive, I'll start booting people that just tested the waters and bounced.

Anyone who doesn't have a ranking and 0/0 donated received troops is inactive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Looks like we'll have a few free spots in Dolla in a few days. Also, has anyone raided another goon yet from one of the other two clans? Make sure when that happens you cry about it in this thread so we can all make fun of you.