Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

I was really surprised when I went to Pocono where they would let us go with the pit passes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

FuzzySkinner posted:

Had to wait to get home to DVR the race, and literally with 32 laps to go? My TV had some sort of hiccup and deleted the broadcast on it's own.

gently caress me.

My piece of poo poo Comcast DVR stopped recording with SEVEN to go when it was supposed to record the race plus one hour.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Who's ready for this weekend?

(My friend has our Sunday tickets)

KingShibby posted:

Pocono is on my list of "bucket list" tracks because it's 10+ hours away to drive, and that's a long rear end drive.

Just plan it and go next year, it's not that long of a drive, the pay off is completely worth it. You just have to set aside two days to travel which isn't that bad since it's a holiday weekend (unless your employer is awful).

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

Hey Pocono buddy :hfive:

Lucky for me, Pocono is only about a 2 hour drive from Philadelphia.

gently caress yeah, did you go last year?

It's only about three hours for me. My friends and I make a weekend of it.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Thinking about it, there's nothing really stopping me from going to Pocono this weekend. It's only like an hour and a half away. Going to have to consider this.

Do it. This year should be good since they have a race worth of experience and another 100 miles.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Track postin'

SFH1989 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 5, 2014

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Also phone posting. Should be good now.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

George Zimmer posted:

Watching this race from the stands of Pocono owned, awesome track. From where I was sitting, seats looked pretty decently filled too. They definitely need to have something else on Sunday though. Lights, Star Mazda, whatever, too much downtime.

It was definitely better than last year. The only thing that wasn't as good was the false grid. Last year it was out on the track and you could walk around all the cars and take pictures and stuff. This year it was in the pits and most of the time the track workers were trying in vain to keep people behind a certain point. But that was just one tiny part of the weekend and overall it was great. Seeing Juan get his first IndyCar win, live, in 14 years was cool.

Takuma Sato is tiny and uses a Razor type scooter instead of one the 50cc pit bikes. We were standing in front of it and he politely asked us to move then scooted away on it and none of us manged to get a good picture.

I have a bunch of pictures and I'll try to get them up today.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

My pictures from Pocono.

Hawksworth's car the morning after the crash.

Album: http://imgur.com/a/l0u0n

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

KingShibby posted:

Well I did just buy a gun yesterday, so I'm sure I'll fit in just fine in Speedway. I know the town of Speedway is a shithole, but my favorite place in the entire world is about a mile from the apartment I'm looking at, so I'll be fine.

Sig P320? Did you paint the frame yet so you can find it?

For actual IndyCar related stuff; I have a friend who just moved to Detroit so some of my friends and I are thinking about visiting him and going to the Bell Isle races.

• Locked thread