Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
azreal
Sep 2, 2011

if so, you should prob kill yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

azreal posted:

if so, you should prob kill yourself.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005
smooching with the enemy

its my whole identity

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005

Chauncey Peppertooth grunts for a moment. Nothing happens.

we are the goon squad and were coming to town beep beep

Wounded Unicorn
Oct 26, 2004

Once I tried; turns out they were redditors, and redditors that played EVE.

I didn't understand whey they leered so until I was a bigger boy.

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

relax, i'm a goon too

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked

monsieur fatso posted:

its my whole identity

gggiiimmmppp
Feb 15, 2004

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

i am in the closet

bigzak
Aug 15, 2003

Actually I dream of killing myself every night

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

realtalk: only my wife knows i posts here, ive never mentioned it to anyone else

SA is my deep dark secret.

edit: i once had a girl come into my shop and ask "do you have stairs in your house?" but i didnt know what it meant b/c it was before i joined SA. my one and only encounter with a goon IRL

azreal fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2014 around 00:44

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

gently caress no. i barely even acknowledge the existence of the internet.

2 Track EP
May 29, 2009
I think defending victims of child rape is tumblr SJW PC extremism. Kids lie about being raped all the time, I know because I work with them.

I have friends who aren't goons that talk about the forums in real life and when I'm like having a casual conversation with someone and they're nearby they'll interject and start talking about some bit of forums history and turn it in to this big thing and talk it up and then be like "Yeah it's from some website 2 Track EP posts on called Something Awful" and always try to involve me and I'm just like smh... draw my shades this joint is dead to me now, going somewhere else

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

I looked at the mirror the other day, staring into my dead eyes I whispered but one word, "goon."

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Wounded Unicorn posted:

Once I tried; turns out they were redditors, and redditors that played EVE.

I didn't understand whey they leered so until I was a bigger boy.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

buy me a red title about morrowind motherfucker i dare you

yea, my college roommate and myself both were independently

uG
Apr 23, 2003

they knew

it always amazes me when someone says 'oh my roommate who is also a goon' or in some way have confirmed they have brought up their sa forum usage IRL. if i noticed my friend on sa i would pretend that poo poo never happened and if they didnt do the same for me then they are probably into anime and video games and poo poo so good riddens

Hitlers Gay Secret
Mar 7, 2010

I had a roommate over the summer who had a Something Awful bumper sticker on his car but I never dared to ask him if he was a fellow goon. Felt too weird.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

buy me a red title about morrowind motherfucker i dare you

uG posted:

it always amazes me when someone says 'oh my roommate who is also a goon' or in some way have confirmed they have brought up their sa forum usage IRL. if i noticed my friend on sa i would pretend that poo poo never happened and if they didnt do the same for me then they are probably into anime and video games and poo poo so good riddens

ah he saw me on it and brought it up. like a 30 sec conversation. he sucked though and only posted in the music forum

World War S
Jul 11, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

I knew some goons in college. One of them I discovered because a friend of mine jokingly said "do you have stairs in your house?" to the other, and this big weird guy farther down the dining hall table overheard, and yelled "YES. I AM PROTECTED." and it was super awkward. We never spoke of it again.

No Such Thing
Oct 12, 2012

self-destructive

Most of the time i pretend not to know any memes or dummy online communities, and when i can get away with it, deny having heard of the internet at all.

I know one goon irl and he just lurks

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

nobody irl has heard of SA.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

If you note the positions of the shadows, it's clear that I'm a duck.

Send breadcrumbs.

~SMcD

one time a classmate of mine at the library saw me surfing SA and came over and was like "hey is that something awful" and I was like yeah it is and nothing really came of it

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Discount apes for business or pleasure.

Blue Raider posted:

yea, my college roommate and myself both were independently

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

some creep in college was trying to get me to post on reddit before I had an SA account and I said "I prefer SA" and he looked at me like I said I like to lick my own taint and hosed off. thanks SA

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Is this why the last goonmeet failed hilariously bad?

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Megadace posted:

I looked at the mirror the other day, staring into my dead eyes I whispered but one word, "goon."

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

lol what is the big deal if you see somebody you know on the forum or with a bumper sticker on say 'oh do you post on their forum at all?' its not healthy to be so ashamed of yourselves.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

I am OK posted:

lol what is the big deal if you see somebody you know on the forum or with a bumper sticker on say 'oh do you post on their forum at all?' its not healthy to be so ashamed of yourselves.

there is a good chance they will now wanna be your best friend because you post on the same site

tranime scholar
Jun 5, 2006

as far as bumperstickers go an SA one isn't even close to being the worst

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

well if they're an obvious weirdo then I wouldn't say anything but if they seem relatively normal?

genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

FORUMS SENIOR CITIZEN Ask me about:
joining the AARP; Social Security; prostate exams; why rock music is too loud; wearing orthopedic shoes and prescription pant

Saw an SA grenade sticker on a car that parked near my school. (My school is located near a reasonably large university, and there are loads of apartments in the area that cater to students.) I decided to leave a note on the car the next day. The goon in question messaged me and we IMed a bit for the remainder of the school year. Then he graduated and stopped SAing. This was 8 or 9 years ago.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

i had my name legally changed to goony goonswell mcgoonerson so yes

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

all of my close friends and family know i post on internet forums

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

this is an empty country
and i am the king
and i should not be allowed
to touch anything

i was at my friends house and saw SA bookmarked. turns out he made a lets play. the lets play wasnt particularly good but hes a cool guy. i hope he never read my garbage rear end posts in the football forum.

yoder00
Dec 29, 2008

I knew a guy when I was in the army that posted on 4chan, I saw him do it on his phone. He was weird and I told him 4chan is gay. I told him I was a goon and we never really spoke after that. He also ended up getting busted for cp.

Saint-X
May 12, 2001

not as a "goon," no, but I've mentioned SA in contexts:
internet history
4chan
reddit

because I know people who talk about those things in real life. Cool people, I guess,
PhD students and stuff, and I was drunk

Now my question:
it snowed some tonight, maybe a half inch, and I'm thinking about walking down to the bar to meet some friends
it's the warmest it's been all week
do I go dumpster diving instead?

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

The city name sports shirt and emoticon lapel pins are in my regular wardrobe rotation, but mostly for casual fridays at work. I have told a bunch of people about SA Mart, the 'Something Awful Marketplace', where I have found some great items (chai tea anyone??) at super amazing prices. And I following every conversation with a new acquaintance with a 'uh, by the way -- do you have stairs in your house?'. Nope never met a goon yet this way, but hey it could happen

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

G's up
Hoes down

i've seen a dude in an SA zip up hoodie a couple times around here, i've considered mugging him

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Tell us we will die like dogs.

gently caress no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines

Malinois posted:

relax, i'm a goon too

«3 »