Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«30 »
Requested_Username
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

also an admin undid it but capn payne was banned for that first post

Requested_Username fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2014 around 03:26

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuzzy pumper
Aug 2, 2007

A legendary first post for sure.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

ewwwww! Bronies! *makes a gross face but is secretly kinda excited because a whole buncha fun is about to happen in the GBS*

Sabel
Aug 11, 2004

Gay married to gay communism

irc.synirc.net / #ponygoons have a nice day

e: hahahahhahah

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

Sabel posted:

irc.synirc.net / #pongoons have a nice day

close but no cigar sabel also they dont like me in there lmao

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011

The Master's Art is indeed not made for plebeians.

Sabel posted:

e: hahahahhahah

let's give SA some credit, when the poo poo hit the fan it was all over for the poor trekkie.

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

I was just walking my dog and there is a motorcycle with the plate "1 BRONY" in my apartment complex lot tonight

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

not all posters therein have been banned, could one of our resident autists prepare a list?

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

We could care less what others think about is, but at times, we do care and we fall apart. But when we do fall apart, we put each other back together. We do all this and we ask nothing in return. We are Onii and Imouto.

Requested_Username posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...40&pagenumber=1

also an admin undid it but capn payne was banned for that first post

That's before the brony poo poo got way out of hand.

Requested_Username
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

Agent Interrobang posted:

SO HEY who wants some extended critical analysis of a show about cartoon horses? I know I sure do.

Alas, episode 13 hasn't broadcast in my time zone yet so I'ma be talking about "Call of the Cutie." For the record, this is all from the perspective of someone who is both a feminist and MTF transgender. Yeah, I know, opening the loving door for queerbashing here, but I might as well just cop to being a fag straight up.

So the first thing that strikes me about Call of the Cutie is that it's about puberty, specifically female puberty. And not, like, 'maybe about puberty' or 'sorta about puberty.' It's about a young girl who is getting teased by older, more physically developed peers about her lack of physical development, and all the shame and envy caused by such. Let us be blunt: cutie marks are the pony equivalent of boobs. The metaphor is so blindingly, staggeringly obvious that I cannot fathom the notion that this was somehow accidental. The writers knew exactly what they were getting into.

Shows that attempt to discuss puberty typically fail miserably, usually for one of two reasons. One, they give it a sappy moral at the end that completely defangs the impact of the actual discussion going on. If not that, then they're so frank and upfront about the actual biological stuff that it comes off like one of those goofy, creepy sex-ed tapes they make you watch in middle school. It's been rare to see so-called 'serious media' tackle puberty without looking like morons, much less cartoons. So why the hell can the show with talking sparklehorses get away with it?

First off, it uses metaphor rather than awkwardly dancing around the subject. It gets discussed in detail and in-depth in the show, but because they're using different words and a similar-but-different actual biological process, they get around the squick factor and are able to approach it without people sniggering at poo poo they're not supposed to. Secondly, it doesn't try and make it a Very Special Episode: it's still really funny with lots of genuinely sweet character moments, and doesn't go overboard with the saccharine stuff. For example, in the end, the two ponies who tease Apple Bloom through most of the episode? They don't magically learn their lesson at the end. They're still just cranky, smug bitches, because guess what, bullies exist and they don't really go away just because you defy them. They're still gonna be cruel jerks and you have to learn not to let it bug you too much.

And Apple Bloom? She doesn't just GET a cutie mark in the end because she learned some nonsensical lesson about how you only get things if you don't want them too much. She still really wants it, and she's still gonna keep looking for ways to get it: what she learned was not to let people get to her because she doesn't have it YET. What she got from the experience was friends who have the same goal, and the same issues, and they're gonna work together and help each other out and be supportive. OH MY GOSH ACTUAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT.

The fact that we can get such a frank, mature, and above all ENTERTAINING discussion of an issue most shows won't even touch is staggeringly cool. The fact that it has adorable technicolor ponies is just icing on the cake. On the other hand, the fact that it TOOK a show about aforementioned ponies to get this across does not really speak all that well about how smart the media thinks we are overall.

there's just so much in this post I don't even know what to say

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

just fyi you all that Vaerai Archon had great wall of china worth of anime

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

enziarro posted:

I was just walking my dog and there is a motorcycle with the plate "1 BRONY" in my apartment complex lot tonight

Check your locks.

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

glad to see forums user ts12 fighting the good fight in that thread, RIP ts12

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hailing frequencies

enziarro posted:

Spike his tires.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

enziarro posted:

what if he is a dude with one bro who lives in new york?

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

It was fucking wonderful. It was fucking hell.

Fagmaster posted:

just fyi you all that Vaerai Archon had great wall of china worth of anime

did this guy play wow because i'm pretty sure i relentlessly tormented him

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

We could care less what others think about is, but at times, we do care and we fall apart. But when we do fall apart, we put each other back together. We do all this and we ask nothing in return. We are Onii and Imouto.

as a longstanding supporter of McCracken & Faust cartoons (see left) I was pretty horrified of the community MLP spawned.

Sabel
Aug 11, 2004

Gay married to gay communism

sluggo is mad posted:

not all posters therein have been banned, could one of our resident autists prepare a list?
I have in my hand a list

Requested_Username
Nov 27, 2007

Fuck you, got Midas

there's also some quality harry potter and manyak posts in there if you dig deep enough

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

Marijuana posted:

did this guy play wow because i'm pretty sure i relentlessly tormented him

everyone relentlessly tormented him lmao

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

only man made construct you can see from space is Vaerai Archons anime collection

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

Sabel posted:

ugh

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

um... Funkz? wth?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...7&userid=116257

butplug accident
Jul 9, 2009

hahah

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

enziarro
Sep 4, 2004

I'm not an angel - I'm a Galactic Pioneer.

.lnk to the past posted:

what if he is a dude with one bro who lives in new york?

haha

there is a lot of japanese writing on this thing's mufflers i don't think that's the case

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hailing frequencies

FUNKZ is a BRONY - pass it on.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

Don't fuck with this Senator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sQWdcZdP4

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

the brony poo poo didn't really explode until season 2

before that it was just a fun cartoon

Fagmaster
Aug 21, 2004

thats a one huge hair dryer

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

Don't fuck with this Senator.

sluggo make your first post in nite crew lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1sQWdcZdP4

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013

there're so many games and DnD posters in that thread lol, too bad outside gbs1.3 I couldn't own them by posting their posts without getting banned

Malinois
Jun 13, 2003

enziarro posted:

that's a yoshimura aftermarket exhaust, no connection

Malinois fucked around with this message at Jan 26, 2014 around 04:09

TheEggsBenedict
Jan 4, 2013

Then i hears a rumbles and roman jizzed all over my ass and I plopped down on the bed.

I remember someone here comparing mass effect to mlp and i was sad when I read that post

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013

I expected ponies. but I never expected unironic ponies.

Fonzarelli
Aug 15, 2004

Jumping the Shark

Requested_Username posted:

there's just so much in this post I don't even know what to say

this troon pretends knows so much about female puberty, something they will never experience of even hope to understand. I bet that fact bears down heavily on them every day.

voltron lion force
Sep 15, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...2#post387307392

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

enziarro posted:

haha

there is a lot of japanese writing on this thing's mufflers i don't think that's the case

I didn't think Cycles like that could support 500 pound hambeasts.

Interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck trophy 2k14
Jun 8, 2012

If you rub it, it will get stiff.

Dexters Secret posted:

the brony poo poo didn't really explode until season 2

before that it was just a fun cartoon

no excuses

gbs war victor gay mod sasser and ultimate champion of justice

copy this in ur sig if you hate gay mods