Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

P. good movie, apparently the best anime of all time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

becrumbac
Apr 24, 2012

manga is better sorry

im serious you should read it

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

i just watched it last night its really good and visually stunning but i dont think i fully understand it still, i figured i needed to rewatch it because i saw it on lsd the first time i saw it, but it made just as little sense to me this time. i guess its mostly like, fear of the atom bomb manifested but idk i was still confused

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp

disgusting

fuck trophy 2k14
Jun 8, 2012

If you rub it, it will get stiff.

ADullMin posted:

disgusting

your lack of self awareness is endearing

gbs war victor gay mod sasser and ultimate champion of justice

copy this in ur sig if you hate gay mods

Piedmon Sama
Apr 15, 2008

"That's right, it was me who killed your father! And now I'm going to kill you!"

It's very good, and if you like comics at all you should read the manga because it's absolutely a masterpiece of the form in that too.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

congrats, OP.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

My other car is an Aurora LX!

Vroom
Vroom

Whooooosh!

PEW
PEW
PEW

KABLOWIE!!

Akira is rather good but the best anime of all time is grave of the fireflies

LordPants
Mar 5, 2011

Four more years boys, four more years.

TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

K I'll read the manga sometime soonish, is probably worth it

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Akira is rather good but the best anime of all time is grave of the fireflies

oh I've heard of that thing, saddest anime right?

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

most erotic flower posted:

its quite sad yes, but absolutely worth the watch, excellent story, beautiful animation (as can be expected from ghibli) just an all around wonderful film

Arnold of Soissons
Mar 4, 2011

KANEDAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

It is actually very bad, unless you compare it to other anime.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

THRESHOLD!!!

P. good movie, apparently the best anime of all time?

It's not very good. Just good at being disturbing. I appreciate it, but don't like it.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

мне нравится аниме

yeah. but you should still watch it.

also everything from satoshi kon. especially millenium actress. he really died too soon.

amityville anus
Jan 30, 2010

Tetsuo the Iron Man is the live-action alternative. I wish my dick was a power drill.

Cows
Sep 3, 2008

epic. debatable though. dragon ball z is muchbetter

godzilla hentai
Sep 6, 2010

Perfect Blue is actually the best anime film, hth

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

THRESHOLD!!!

Anime is important.

Piedmon Sama
Apr 15, 2008

"That's right, it was me who killed your father! And now I'm going to kill you!"

Does this thread mean the Nerd Faction has finally wrested control from the Coolguys for control of GBS?

or just that they're all in bed

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008
I'm a cunt who thinks children committing suicide is funny. I'm a cunt. I'm a cunt. I'm a cunt.

Piedmon Sama posted:

Does this thread mean the Nerd Faction has finally wrested control from the Coolguys for control of GBS?

SA had cool people at one point?

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

by Baldo di Gregorio

"You Makai are all the same, one sniff of pussy and you lose it" - Akira in Akira film

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

Piedmon Sama posted:

I dunno man I'm not an anime person I just happened to see this movie tonight and I know a bunch of anime-lovers hang around here

ADullMin
May 3, 2013

by Ralp

kara no kyoukai is the best anime film series

Piedmon Sama
Apr 15, 2008

Man cartoon network has really gotten cool lately, I wish I had cable

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Sorry but the best anime movie is probably Patlabor 2.

Sabel
Aug 11, 2004

Gay married to gay communism

Well I finally saw The Matrix
P. good movie, apparently the best movie of all time?

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

Sabel posted:

lmao

most erotic flower
Mar 9, 2006

aww yiss
motha
fuckin
titties

Sabel posted:

threadworthy stuff imo

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

Buyer's Remorse

AKIRA! Oh, how that lonesome sound brings me back. At the end, I am an anime otaku at heart.

becrumbac
Apr 24, 2012

excuse me im pretty sure the best anime is cleopatra queen of sex by the makers of astro boy

fuck trophy 2k14
Jun 8, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

sup

gbs war victor gay mod sasser and ultimate champion of justice

copy this in ur sig if you hate gay mods

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

basically tetsuo was using too much of the "power", which made him a conduit for even more of it. the only thing that can keep the power from taking you over is your "self", or your ego, which is why the kids need to take the medicine (apparently works like an antidepressant, the drug is so strong it wrecks your body as it did with the kids).

akira was the strongest conduit for the power the scientists had seen, but due to the sudden surge of power in him, akira lost his ego and became a pure conduit for it, creating an "event" as seen in the film. tetsuo's gaining of power was gradual and not as violent, which flooded him with more power than his body could contain, creating the grotesque expansion (this is why doctor onishi sees tetsuo's form in the scanner at the end, instead of his energy chart). his body overflowed with power and was contorting to it's whim. tetsuo's remaining will together with the power seeks out other sources of the power, which is why he went after the kids.

the power is pretty much the power of the universe. its pretty symbolic of how it works when akiras event swallows neo tokyo and compresses into invisibility, perhaps even smaller than atoms, making it seem that such an amount of power is ingrained into the very existence of everything. tetsuos body was probably trying to adjust to the ancient power by regressing as far as possible, which is why it takes the form of a baby.

any questions (other than my personal life)

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

My other car is an Aurora LX!

Vroom
Vroom

Whooooosh!

PEW
PEW
PEW

KABLOWIE!!

Blast of Confetti posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/me...fo&userid=30166

RIP

fuck trophy 2k14
Jun 8, 2012

Kikka posted:

any questions (other than my personal life)

hows your sex life

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

attn canadians a bunch of cineplex theaters are showing akira this friday as part of some weird film fest. ghost in the shell too, is that any good?

Crow_Rodeo
Oct 3, 2007

Trust Me

ASSASSINS! posted:

attn canadians a bunch of cineplex theaters are showing akira this friday as part of some weird film fest. ghost in the shell too, is that any good?

Really loving good.

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

ASSASSINS! posted:

oh my god i get paid on friday i wish i had known this before i watched it at home last night, definitely not gonna be able to convine the gf to watch it a second time in a week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piedmon Sama
Apr 15, 2008

Ghost in the Shell the first film is good. The second is no good. The series is subpar except for the lawyer episode.

«6 »