Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Stalins Moustache
Dec 30, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Isn’t “Anime” just another one of those “cartoons” that are made by the Japanese instead of the Americans? Have you ever thought about their differences? Have you ever thought about what makes Anime so special? Well, most people who claim to be “too mature” for our “childish” fetishes don’t understand why Otakus are so addicted to Anime. They don’t know the “depths” that come together with loving anime.

Being a fan of Anime is more than just loving to laugh at the “cartoons”. It’s already a part of our life, specifically our childhood. I mean, we’re always excited to come back home from school just to watch our favorites in action. We get sad whenever our heroes fail. We shout at the tv when the villains are starting to win. And we’re disappointed whenever mangakas leave cliffhangers and when Mangafox fails to update the next day or license our favorite series. You can feel the addiction running through your veins until all you ever think about is your favorite hero.

I don’t know about those “mature people” out there. But Anime plays a very big role in my life. You might laugh at me for saying that, but seriously. Anime is almost like my second home, a second family. Back when I was still in elementary and the very first stages of my formative years, I never really stood by people. I always kept myself locked up inside my room, reading books and drawing monsters since doing those were my ways of expressing my frustrations. Then when I started watching Anime, I started being hyper and fun-loving. I may not show it, but I’m by far a crazily random person. I never had real friends since I don’t stick to anyone and my family wasn’t really the type that spends a lot of time with each other. My parents were always at work. So the only thing I clung unto was Anime. Most of my determinations and life lessons before were given to me by Anime. Well, my own fault since I didn’t socialize, but still. I can see good results. When my family suddenly started fighting and got separated, all I did was hide in my room and practically watch Anime or read, even write. I somehow became mute back then since I refused to talk and my grandmother really caused me trauma. And of course, the whole family feud really got me traumatic. So, yeah. I had no one to lean on to. But then, I watched Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji and some other Anime. And as I learned lessons from them, I was just like: “Wao, they’re so happy and loyal to each other. No one’s betraying anyone. No one’s hurting anyone”. I was really jealous and such and I couldn’t help but cry. But from that point, I told myself: “Loyalty and trust builds a strong Famiglia. Even without dying flames, I’ll be able to find a good family someday”. So that’s where I started becoming really loyal and that’s when I started acting like Suoh Tamaki, looking for my own family members and such. Ridiculous, huh? But that’s just me being me. At least I’m doing what I want and that makes me really happy.

Also Anime is my way of expressing my bottled up feelings. It invokes all these feelings that I usually stored and locked away when dealing with real life. And let’s face it. Once you get to talk to me in real life, you’ll see that I’m nothing but a frigid and cold person who will never understand your feelings. But when online or when faced with anything Anime-related, I suddenly burst out with rainbows and unicorns. Seriously. In real life, you can say whatever you want in front of my face and all I would do is grin at you and find a loophole. And then destroy you with sharp words. My temper is also bad, I’ll probably be mad at the world and ignore everything existing when I find out that my favorite character died (did so when Itachi died and I got scolded by my teacher because of it).

Normal and “mature” people wouldn’t understand my love for Anime. Even my own family and real friends don’t understand. But my family is pretty much supportive. My classmates always tell me that I’m already too old for this (which I don’t understand since I’m only 16). And that I should stop my wasting my time with Anime. They say I should just get a boyfriend because I’m pretty (which is not true since I’m really ugly) and I should just basically “grow up”. I will forever stay single because one, Taemin is in Korea, two, Minho is in Korea, three, Onew is in Korea, four, Itachi is dead, and five, I’m a human being who can’t enter a t.v. screen.

Er, well, back to Anime. What is so special about it? First, Japan itself. Its history, cultures, language. Everything about it is fascinating and captivating. And seeing that Anime hails from the country of the rising sun, what more is there to keep me interested? Second is its presentation. When I’m watching Anime, I’m completely trapped in its world as if the real world doesn’t exist anymore. And let’s face one fact, cartoons are usually targeted for small children while Anime gives of different levels of depth. While I’m a fan of Disney movies, they’re somehow just, Anime for me that are made for children. I even have the Lion King and Avatar: The Last Airbender | Legend of Aang in my Anime list, no kidding. So, yeah. You can enjoy Anime. Third, I got to meet awesome people who ever walked the Earth. Some of them are part of my “made-up” family in my head. Couz, Dona-san, my daddy and Pride-sama are my top 4. They’re really awesome and you will surely look up to them once you get to know them. I myself am undoubtedly loyal to them. And I’m pretty happy to have them as my friends. Thanks to these people, I realized that I have real friends despite only knowing each other online. Fourth reason, is that I could identify myself better thanks to Anime. Well, probably because the current me is now just copies of my favorite characters all mixed up to mold my own “self”. And as I said, I learned a lot of life lessons from Anime, so yeah. And last reason is that Anime serves as my escapism from real life. I’m a Pisces, so it’s second nature and is somehow natural for me to escape from real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Rain
Nov 29, 2006
All those born beneath an angry star.

tldr

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

i didnt read any of that, but i also enjoy anime.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

Wargames pretty much make you Hitler. It's awesome being Hitler.

nice op nite crew

Sid Delicious
Oct 31, 2007

this thread...it was made for me

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

Seizure Robot
Sep 3, 2003

The marketing division of the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation defines a robot as 'Your Plastic Pal Who's Fun To Be With.'

gay

gaping gape gaper
Apr 9, 2010

Ootrek
Oct 21, 2012

i'm capten kurk

I prefer anime, with zero tildes.

a clogged toilet
Mar 14, 2007

this anime really speaks to me on a spiritual level

you took the words right out of my mouth, op

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Stalins Moustache posted:

I’m a Pisces, so it’s second nature and is somehow natural for me to escape from real life.

this right here discredits anything you say from here on out

Ootrek
Oct 21, 2012

i'm capten kurk

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

this right here discredits anything you say from here on out

that really lowered the credibility of his sincere realpost.

gggiiimmmppp
Feb 15, 2004

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

The first anime I ever saw was "Revolutionary Girl Utena" the movie. I was attracted to it because it was bizarre and new. It hit me at an appositely vulnerable time; my father and mother had just kicked me out of the basement, my home for 30 long years. I became obsessed with the "emptiness inside" theme of the movie, and felt that this [u]pastiche show related to my life somehow. I watched Evangelion next, and absolutely loved the depressing feeling both of these shows left me with. Rather than finding them execrable, I am a person who loves depressions; I feel that I am at my most creative and "raw" when utterly depressed. The empty feeling these shows gave me filled me with emotions I wanted to recapture. Never once auguring where my newfound hobby would take me, I became an anime zealot.

Like an addict seeking another hit, I kept downloading more and more videos, watching tons of shows. At one point, I had two shoeboxes full of CD-R's packed with Anime. I had a library of just about every show ever made. I became obsessive, but I wasn't finding that feeling that was originally there. Sure, I could recapture it with great stuff like Serial Experiments: Lain and Millennium Actress, but that was only for a moment.

Eventually, I stopped watching the shows I was downloading, but just grabbed them for the sake of having them. They were becoming less and less viable to me, but I had to have more. I bought DVD's and didn't watch them. Gradually, over time, I felt my aesthetic become warped. What once was strange and bizarre looking character design became vacuous and familiar; I sought it out. If I caught a glimpse of an anime style character in real life, I felt a rush; almost as if my hindbrain saw it before I was aware of it. I was visiting a Japanese tea Garden and saw real life schoolgirls in the familiar navy blue fuku uniforms. I was fascinated by them; I was drawn, attracted, but not in a sexual way; it blew my mind to see something in real life that I had before seen only in the abstract.

A familiar feeling came through me when I saw them. I felt the same at that moment as when I had first seen Utena, when I had first finished Evangelion. My obsession took a new direction.

I bought several sailor fuku uniforms from online retailers. I’m not very niggardly when it comes to my hobbies, but J-list was too expensive and didn't sell in the size I desired. I had to have the legitimate stuff. At first it was satisfying to just look at the uniforms. I would keep them clean, iron them, and hang them up every day. This almost utilitarian ritual was soothing to me.

Sooner or later I had to do it. I had to wear the uniforms I had treasured. I am proud to report that it took me a few months to break down, to really cross the threshold into utter depravity. After that line had been crossed, though, there was no going back. Tentatively, I started by simply wearing the uniforms around the house. I would wake up very early, before anyone could glimpse at me from outside on the street, and simply do my cleaning and cooking wearing the various uniforms I purchased. I got a matching apron. I would pretend I was getting ready for Japanese High school. When I looked into the mirror each morning, what I felt wasn’t narcissism, but love for another me, the real me, the me who wasn’t bilked by society’s expectations.

Soon, though, wearing the uniform in private was not enough. I purchased a duster trench coat and began walking through town wearing my outfit. Nobody knew, and this made me comfortable. But, again, this soon became insufficient to satisfy my obsession.

I began stalking this girl I knew, Sarah. I checked out her routines; when she left for work, when she got back, what time she went to bed. At first I furtively ventured into her place with my uniform under my trench coat while she was away. I knew where her spare key was because, although she isn’t technically “aware” of our rapport, I had helped her move earlier. Speaking of this, I don’t have a lot of charisma, but I'm a pretty beefy guy and have a zany sense of humor. I weigh around 240-260 pounds, but I'm not that tall. A great friend to have if you need to move.

Anyway, gradually, I became more comfortable in her apartment. I started doing stuff like rolling around in her bed, stealing her underwear and putting it in little plastic bags, soforth. As you would expect, I became more and more comfortable doing this, and crossed a line. She came home unexpectedly one day, early from work. Panicked, I hid under the bed in my uniform. Immediately, as she came through the door, she spotted my trench coat. Lying under her bed, the sound of my heavy breathing seemed a thousand times louder than it actually was. I could hear her rooting through the trench coat, and could hear the wrinkling of cellophane as she found my empty plastic bags. Thank god they were still empty.

I put my sweaty, meaty hands together and prayed.

I heard her walking around the apartment. Thankfully, she didn't bring anyone with her. My mind was flashing; the excitement had triggered my epilepsy. Suddenly, I was barraged with memories from my first anime program, Revolutionary Girl Utena. Anime and reality began to impinge around me. I heard her walking around some more, and then sit down on the bed. I saw her clothes hit the floor in front of me. During this time I was controlling myself and having a minor, at-the-moment, non-debilitating epileptic fit. I could see transformation sequences from anime programs I had watched. It was all coming together; the near hallucinations, the girl in the bed above me, and most of all, my sweaty fuku uniform.

She approached the bathroom and got into the shower. She turned on the water. I was convinced that this was the one moment I had been searching for. This was my chance to cross over into the other world described in Utena; the fabric of reality was thin. I could taste it. In many of my anime programs I had seen the seemingly normal characters, like me, enter into a world of magic and joy.

I rolled out from under the bed and bounded into the bathroom. She saw my large form approaching through the glass of the shower and started screaming. I was having epileptic flashes; the screaming sounded just like "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" I was having trouble walking, my steps staggered. My movements became increasingly vagary. I couldn't feel the floor. My meaty hands slammed the shower door open, but she sprayed me in the face with a jet of water. The water triggered another fit and I seized, falling into the bath. She tripped and fell on top of me. As she was screaming and my blood filled the bath, it swirled around reality, and intermingled in the labyrinth of my mind. Her screams, the blood, my sweat, the uniform, Japan, schoolgirls, magic, tragedy, terror, and hope all become one to me. For one moment, I could taste it. The anime reality. It was here, like a precious jewel precariously perched between my meaty, sweaty pectorals. And then, gone.

SO yeah I like anime.

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

I drink to make other people more interesting.

Anime is great. It's gives pedophiles something to do besides loving kids.

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

Dear GBS: I, like many of you, suffer from problems. My problems don't involve any of your implausible ones, but mine are worth voicing to you in hope of getting some advice.
Anyways, I began to watch Azumanga Daioh about a month ago, and as I dove deeper and deeper into the series, the more and more I fapped to hentai of it. I continued to do so until the last episode.
Then I watched the series again...and again... and again... I found myself checking out Osaka every on-screen moment she had. I began to stop going to my regular sites just to look at hentai of one person: Osaka.
I eventually had 1000s of pictures and some doujins of Osaka. I began to spend what others called absurd amounts of money on merchandise, and my apartment is coated with Osaka everywhere.
I've shut myself off from family and friends and felt an urge to just snuggle with my Osaka dolls. Osaka is all I need. She probably wouldn't like the way my family is or how my friends behave. I'm in love with Osaka.
I keep praying that she'll come to see me one day and decide to live with me. I have nothing left to live for but Osaka.
I know she can hear me, so I always talk to her telling her to come and visit me so our union can take place.
So this is where you guys come into the picture.
You're an all-purpose advice board. You definitely must know a way to help Osaka break free from behind her glass prison.

Sonrisa
Aug 13, 2004

Who is this irresistible creature who has an insatiable love for the dead?

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

Stalins Moustache
Dec 30, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

gggiiimmmppp posted:

The first anime I ever saw was "Revolutionary Girl Utena" the movie. I was attracted to it because it was bizarre and new. It hit me at an appositely vulnerable time; my father and mother had just kicked me out of the basement, my home for 30 long years. I became obsessed with the "emptiness inside" theme of the movie, and felt that this [u]pastiche show related to my life somehow. I watched Evangelion next, and absolutely loved the depressing feeling both of these shows left me with. Rather than finding them execrable, I am a person who loves depressions; I feel that I am at my most creative and "raw" when utterly depressed. The empty feeling these shows gave me filled me with emotions I wanted to recapture. Never once auguring where my newfound hobby would take me, I became an anime zealot.

Like an addict seeking another hit, I kept downloading more and more videos, watching tons of shows. At one point, I had two shoeboxes full of CD-R's packed with Anime. I had a library of just about every show ever made. I became obsessive, but I wasn't finding that feeling that was originally there. Sure, I could recapture it with great stuff like Serial Experiments: Lain and Millennium Actress, but that was only for a moment.

Eventually, I stopped watching the shows I was downloading, but just grabbed them for the sake of having them. They were becoming less and less viable to me, but I had to have more. I bought DVD's and didn't watch them. Gradually, over time, I felt my aesthetic become warped. What once was strange and bizarre looking character design became vacuous and familiar; I sought it out. If I caught a glimpse of an anime style character in real life, I felt a rush; almost as if my hindbrain saw it before I was aware of it. I was visiting a Japanese tea Garden and saw real life schoolgirls in the familiar navy blue fuku uniforms. I was fascinated by them; I was drawn, attracted, but not in a sexual way; it blew my mind to see something in real life that I had before seen only in the abstract.

A familiar feeling came through me when I saw them. I felt the same at that moment as when I had first seen Utena, when I had first finished Evangelion. My obsession took a new direction.

I bought several sailor fuku uniforms from online retailers. I’m not very niggardly when it comes to my hobbies, but J-list was too expensive and didn't sell in the size I desired. I had to have the legitimate stuff. At first it was satisfying to just look at the uniforms. I would keep them clean, iron them, and hang them up every day. This almost utilitarian ritual was soothing to me.

Sooner or later I had to do it. I had to wear the uniforms I had treasured. I am proud to report that it took me a few months to break down, to really cross the threshold into utter depravity. After that line had been crossed, though, there was no going back. Tentatively, I started by simply wearing the uniforms around the house. I would wake up very early, before anyone could glimpse at me from outside on the street, and simply do my cleaning and cooking wearing the various uniforms I purchased. I got a matching apron. I would pretend I was getting ready for Japanese High school. When I looked into the mirror each morning, what I felt wasn’t narcissism, but love for another me, the real me, the me who wasn’t bilked by society’s expectations.

Soon, though, wearing the uniform in private was not enough. I purchased a duster trench coat and began walking through town wearing my outfit. Nobody knew, and this made me comfortable. But, again, this soon became insufficient to satisfy my obsession.

I began stalking this girl I knew, Sarah. I checked out her routines; when she left for work, when she got back, what time she went to bed. At first I furtively ventured into her place with my uniform under my trench coat while she was away. I knew where her spare key was because, although she isn’t technically “aware” of our rapport, I had helped her move earlier. Speaking of this, I don’t have a lot of charisma, but I'm a pretty beefy guy and have a zany sense of humor. I weigh around 240-260 pounds, but I'm not that tall. A great friend to have if you need to move.

Anyway, gradually, I became more comfortable in her apartment. I started doing stuff like rolling around in her bed, stealing her underwear and putting it in little plastic bags, soforth. As you would expect, I became more and more comfortable doing this, and crossed a line. She came home unexpectedly one day, early from work. Panicked, I hid under the bed in my uniform. Immediately, as she came through the door, she spotted my trench coat. Lying under her bed, the sound of my heavy breathing seemed a thousand times louder than it actually was. I could hear her rooting through the trench coat, and could hear the wrinkling of cellophane as she found my empty plastic bags. Thank god they were still empty.

I put my sweaty, meaty hands together and prayed.

I heard her walking around the apartment. Thankfully, she didn't bring anyone with her. My mind was flashing; the excitement had triggered my epilepsy. Suddenly, I was barraged with memories from my first anime program, Revolutionary Girl Utena. Anime and reality began to impinge around me. I heard her walking around some more, and then sit down on the bed. I saw her clothes hit the floor in front of me. During this time I was controlling myself and having a minor, at-the-moment, non-debilitating epileptic fit. I could see transformation sequences from anime programs I had watched. It was all coming together; the near hallucinations, the girl in the bed above me, and most of all, my sweaty fuku uniform.

She approached the bathroom and got into the shower. She turned on the water. I was convinced that this was the one moment I had been searching for. This was my chance to cross over into the other world described in Utena; the fabric of reality was thin. I could taste it. In many of my anime programs I had seen the seemingly normal characters, like me, enter into a world of magic and joy.

I rolled out from under the bed and bounded into the bathroom. She saw my large form approaching through the glass of the shower and started screaming. I was having epileptic flashes; the screaming sounded just like "KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" I was having trouble walking, my steps staggered. My movements became increasingly vagary. I couldn't feel the floor. My meaty hands slammed the shower door open, but she sprayed me in the face with a jet of water. The water triggered another fit and I seized, falling into the bath. She tripped and fell on top of me. As she was screaming and my blood filled the bath, it swirled around reality, and intermingled in the labyrinth of my mind. Her screams, the blood, my sweat, the uniform, Japan, schoolgirls, magic, tragedy, terror, and hope all become one to me. For one moment, I could taste it. The anime reality. It was here, like a precious jewel precariously perched between my meaty, sweaty pectorals. And then, gone.

SO yeah I like anime.

This is beautiful. Thank you. It means a lot to me

Hobohemian
Sep 29, 2005

no mi amigos

i bought that av for A Buttery Pastry

like this av for twee as fuck Hobohemian

Isn’t “Weed” just another one of those “cartoons” that are made by the Japanese instead of the Americans? Have you ever thought about their differences? Have you ever thought about what makes Weed so special? Well, most people who claim to be “too mature” for our “childish” fetishes don’t understand why Otakus are so addicted to Weed. They don’t know the “depths” that come together with loving Weed.

Being a fan of Weed is more than just loving to laugh at the “cartoons”. It’s already a part of our life, specifically our childhood. I mean, we’re always excited to come back home from school just to watch our favorites in action. We get sad whenever our heroes fail. We shout at the tv when the villains are starting to win. And we’re disappointed whenever mangakas leave cliffhangers and when Mangafox fails to update the next day or license our favorite series. You can feel the addiction running through your veins until all you ever think about is your favorite hero.

I don’t know about those “mature people” out there. But Weed plays a very big role in my life. You might laugh at me for saying that, but seriously. Weed is almost like my second home, a second family. Back when I was still in elementary and the very first stages of my formative years, I never really stood by people. I always kept myself locked up inside my room, reading books and drawing monsters since doing those were my ways of expressing my frustrations. Then when I started watching Weed, I started being hyper and fun-loving. I may not show it, but I’m by far a crazily random person. I never had real friends since I don’t stick to anyone and my family wasn’t really the type that spends a lot of time with each other. My parents were always at work. So the only thing I clung unto was Weed. Most of my determinations and life lessons before were given to me by Weed. Well, my own fault since I didn’t socialize, but still. I can see good results. When my family suddenly started fighting and got separated, all I did was hide in my room and practically watch Weed or read, even write. I somehow became mute back then since I refused to talk and my grandmother really caused me trauma. And of course, the whole family feud really got me traumatic. So, yeah. I had no one to lean on to. But then, I watched Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji and some other Weed. And as I learned lessons from them, I was just like: “Wao, they’re so happy and loyal to each other. No one’s betraying anyone. No one’s hurting anyone”. I was really jealous and such and I couldn’t help but cry. But from that point, I told myself: “Loyalty and trust builds a strong Famiglia. Even without dying flames, I’ll be able to find a good family someday”. So that’s where I started becoming really loyal and that’s when I started acting like Suoh Tamaki, looking for my own family members and such. Ridiculous, huh? But that’s just me being me. At least I’m doing what I want and that makes me really happy.

Also Weed is my way of expressing my bottled up feelings. It invokes all these feelings that I usually stored and locked away when dealing with real life. And let’s face it. Once you get to talk to me in real life, you’ll see that I’m nothing but a frigid and cold person who will never understand your feelings. But when online or when faced with anything Weed-related, I suddenly burst out with rainbows and unicorns. Seriously. In real life, you can say whatever you want in front of my face and all I would do is grin at you and find a loophole. And then destroy you with sharp words. My temper is also bad, I’ll probably be mad at the world and ignore everything existing when I find out that my favorite character died (did so when Itachi died and I got scolded by my teacher because of it).

Normal and “mature” people wouldn’t understand my love for Weed. Even my own family and real friends don’t understand. But my family is pretty much supportive. My classmates always tell me that I’m already too old for this (which I don’t understand since I’m only 16). And that I should stop my wasting my time with Weed. They say I should just get a boyfriend because I’m pretty (which is not true since I’m really ugly) and I should just basically “grow up”. I will forever stay single because one, Taemin is in Korea, two, Minho is in Korea, three, Onew is in Korea, four, Itachi is dead, and five, I’m a human being who can’t enter a t.v. screen.

Er, well, back to Weed. What is so special about it? First, Japan itself. Its history, cultures, language. Everything about it is fascinating and captivating. And seeing that Weed hails from the country of the rising sun, what more is there to keep me interested? Second is its presentation. When I’m watching Weed, I’m completely trapped in its world as if the real world doesn’t exist anymore. And let’s face one fact, cartoons are usually targeted for small children while Weed gives of different levels of depth. While I’m a fan of Disney movies, they’re somehow just, Weed for me that are made for children. I even have the Lion King and Avatar: The Last Airbender | Legend of Aang in my Weed list, no kidding. So, yeah. You can enjoy Weed. Third, I got to meet awesome people who ever walked the Earth. Some of them are part of my “made-up” family in my head. Couz, Dona-san, my daddy and Pride-sama are my top 4. They’re really awesome and you will surely look up to them once you get to know them. I myself am undoubtedly loyal to them. And I’m pretty happy to have them as my friends. Thanks to these people, I realized that I have real friends despite only knowing each other online. Fourth reason, is that I could identify myself better thanks to Weed. Well, probably because the current me is now just copies of my favorite characters all mixed up to mold my own “self”. And as I said, I learned a lot of life lessons from Weed, so yeah. And last reason is that Weed serves as my escapism from real life. I’m a Pisces, so it’s second nature and is somehow natural for me to escape from real life.

Ootrek
Oct 21, 2012

i'm capten kurk

Hobohemian posted:

Isn’t “Weed” just another one of those “cartoons” that are made by the Japanese instead of the Americans? Have you ever thought about their differences? Have you ever thought about what makes Weed so special? Well, most people who claim to be “too mature” for our “childish” fetishes don’t understand why Otakus are so addicted to Weed. They don’t know the “depths” that come together with loving Weed.

Being a fan of Weed is more than just loving to laugh at the “cartoons”. It’s already a part of our life, specifically our childhood. I mean, we’re always excited to come back home from school just to watch our favorites in action. We get sad whenever our heroes fail. We shout at the tv when the villains are starting to win. And we’re disappointed whenever mangakas leave cliffhangers and when Mangafox fails to update the next day or license our favorite series. You can feel the addiction running through your veins until all you ever think about is your favorite hero.

I don’t know about those “mature people” out there. But Weed plays a very big role in my life. You might laugh at me for saying that, but seriously. Weed is almost like my second home, a second family. Back when I was still in elementary and the very first stages of my formative years, I never really stood by people. I always kept myself locked up inside my room, reading books and drawing monsters since doing those were my ways of expressing my frustrations. Then when I started watching Weed, I started being hyper and fun-loving. I may not show it, but I’m by far a crazily random person. I never had real friends since I don’t stick to anyone and my family wasn’t really the type that spends a lot of time with each other. My parents were always at work. So the only thing I clung unto was Weed. Most of my determinations and life lessons before were given to me by Weed. Well, my own fault since I didn’t socialize, but still. I can see good results. When my family suddenly started fighting and got separated, all I did was hide in my room and practically watch Weed or read, even write. I somehow became mute back then since I refused to talk and my grandmother really caused me trauma. And of course, the whole family feud really got me traumatic. So, yeah. I had no one to lean on to. But then, I watched Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Kuroshitsuji and some other Weed. And as I learned lessons from them, I was just like: “Wao, they’re so happy and loyal to each other. No one’s betraying anyone. No one’s hurting anyone”. I was really jealous and such and I couldn’t help but cry. But from that point, I told myself: “Loyalty and trust builds a strong Famiglia. Even without dying flames, I’ll be able to find a good family someday”. So that’s where I started becoming really loyal and that’s when I started acting like Suoh Tamaki, looking for my own family members and such. Ridiculous, huh? But that’s just me being me. At least I’m doing what I want and that makes me really happy.

Also Weed is my way of expressing my bottled up feelings. It invokes all these feelings that I usually stored and locked away when dealing with real life. And let’s face it. Once you get to talk to me in real life, you’ll see that I’m nothing but a frigid and cold person who will never understand your feelings. But when online or when faced with anything Weed-related, I suddenly burst out with rainbows and unicorns. Seriously. In real life, you can say whatever you want in front of my face and all I would do is grin at you and find a loophole. And then destroy you with sharp words. My temper is also bad, I’ll probably be mad at the world and ignore everything existing when I find out that my favorite character died (did so when Itachi died and I got scolded by my teacher because of it).

Normal and “mature” people wouldn’t understand my love for Weed. Even my own family and real friends don’t understand. But my family is pretty much supportive. My classmates always tell me that I’m already too old for this (which I don’t understand since I’m only 16). And that I should stop my wasting my time with Weed. They say I should just get a boyfriend because I’m pretty (which is not true since I’m really ugly) and I should just basically “grow up”. I will forever stay single because one, Taemin is in Korea, two, Minho is in Korea, three, Onew is in Korea, four, Itachi is dead, and five, I’m a human being who can’t enter a t.v. screen.

Er, well, back to Weed. What is so special about it? First, Japan itself. Its history, cultures, language. Everything about it is fascinating and captivating. And seeing that Weed hails from the country of the rising sun, what more is there to keep me interested? Second is its presentation. When I’m watching Weed, I’m completely trapped in its world as if the real world doesn’t exist anymore. And let’s face one fact, cartoons are usually targeted for small children while Weed gives of different levels of depth. While I’m a fan of Disney movies, they’re somehow just, Weed for me that are made for children. I even have the Lion King and Avatar: The Last Airbender | Legend of Aang in my Weed list, no kidding. So, yeah. You can enjoy Weed. Third, I got to meet awesome people who ever walked the Earth. Some of them are part of my “made-up” family in my head. Couz, Dona-san, my daddy and Pride-sama are my top 4. They’re really awesome and you will surely look up to them once you get to know them. I myself am undoubtedly loyal to them. And I’m pretty happy to have them as my friends. Thanks to these people, I realized that I have real friends despite only knowing each other online. Fourth reason, is that I could identify myself better thanks to Weed. Well, probably because the current me is now just copies of my favorite characters all mixed up to mold my own “self”. And as I said, I learned a lot of life lessons from Weed, so yeah. And last reason is that Weed serves as my escapism from real life. I’m a Pisces, so it’s second nature and is somehow natural for me to escape from real life.

um, this post says weed instead of anime

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

met my waifu through anime so i guess you could say i'm literally in love with anime

straight jerkers
Jun 27, 2009

Whenever I tell people I enjoy anime, they always give me that same look of confusion and (sometimes) disgust and they always say "Really, Chrissie? You and anime?" Then I have to explain why I like it which is just weird conversation with normal people.

I like anime for several reasons.

One reason I can pull off the top of my head is the characters. When I watch a show, at least 46% percent of whether I like the show or not depends on if I like the characters or not.
If an anime has lovely characters (ex: KissxSis), I probably won't like the show or even finish it.
If an anime has good characters (ex: -insertanimehere-), I'll finish it and will probably watch it again later. It's like this effect good characters can have on someone, you know what I mean?

For me, a good character is someone I can either relate or feel for. A character like that, for me, is Tomoko Kuroki from Watamote.
Tomoko is practically relatable for all otaku. She's perpetually in that state of social awkwardness that we all had in middle school and she just wants to get out if that state but is afraid of what'll happen if she does. Nearly every otaku can relate to that and if you tell me you can, you are lying to yourself and you need to confess.

A bad character, well, you can usually tell one when you see one. Mary Sues, and the like. ...they're poo poo.

Another reason I like anime is purely for the art. Mother of god, anime taught me how to really appreciate other people's artistic talent. Sometimes, I just spend like 2 minutes just staring at picture going, "holy gently caress this is good".

Third reason I like anime is the music. A good original soundtrack can make an anime go from a 7/10 to a 8/10. A great OST I can think of would be the Samurai Champloo OST. It fit the anime, sounded great (RIP Nujabes), and was just good drat music.

There are a lot of other reasons someone might love anime. Story...uh, other stuff, well, you get what I mean. I ain't into explaining how other people feel about this stuff.

Sabel
Aug 11, 2004

Gay married to gay communism

code:
Subject: Anime = silly cartoons?
Date: 1997/06/16
Message-ID: <dylan-1606972332270001@news.tamu.edu>#1/1
X-Deja-AN: 248996159
Organization: Aggees Against Sheep Abuse
NNTP-Posting-Date: 17 Jun 1997 05:22:42 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.arts.anime.misc,rec.arts.anime.fandom

Is this the right place to discuss those silly cartoons with the big
eyes?

I'm curious, where did they originate? I'm guessing they were the
experiments of some Berkeley artists doing too much acid in the 
60's that unfortunately caught on, but I could be wrong.

What I really don't understand is why these cartoons have caught
on with adults. Watching cartoons is sad enough, but I really 
have to question the motives of those who watch cartoons in which
every female appears to be some poor souls idealized version of
a prepubescent girl he wanted to get his hands on him junior high.

I have this horrible suspicion that most people who watch these
cartoons are socially inept geeks who sit alone in the dark and
masturbate while fantasizing about these bizarre looking women.

Not that I'm against geeks or masturbation, you understand, but
I'd hope one would use real women for inspiration.

I'd appreciate anyone who can help explain why these cartoons
are viewed as anything more than a bad joke. Thanks.

-- 
Dylan Alexander
dy...@tamu.edu

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

im a gemini so half of me hates anime while the other half hates the people who watch it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

zoomdog
Mar 10, 2004
Certified air dog.

I find it to be both more kawaii and more sugoi than regular television

Hwbrgdtse
Nov 23, 2013

Why hello!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_fgwbmJg0#t=138s

killstealing
Nov 9, 2011

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun

Mankanshoku Mako
Dec 24, 2009

by toby

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

I am so excited to be on the internet, be nice to me :-) <3

Jakuzure Nonon posted:

I hate anime.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

ProfessorLoomis
Apr 5, 2007

I LUST FOR MONKEY DEATH

thats an awful lot of words to say basically: "i'm broken"

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Frankenstyle posted:

macky2dope
Jun 11, 2012

meow haha whoa!!

whoflungpoop posted:

im a gemini so half of me loves anime while the other half hates the people who watch it

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

We could care less what others think about is, but at times, we do care and we fall apart. But when we do fall apart, we put each other back together. We do all this and we ask nothing in return. We are Onii and Imouto.

Frankenstyle posted:

Plastic Goldbaby
Sep 8, 2010

Purple horseshoes?
Sure, if they be nailed to a golden horse.

im a pisces too op, except i know that believing in astrology is so gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 13, 2012

*Laughs at you*

アニメは大好きだね!

^_^

«2 »