Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«6 »
Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

quote:

Sir Ian McKellen has said that he cried with frustration over filming scenes for Peter Jackson's new 'Hobbit' film with a green screen instead of with other actors.

The actor, who has played Gandalf since Jackson's first 'Lord of the Rings' film, became upset after he had to perform the scenes with only pictures of his other cast-mates.

“In order to shoot the dwarves and a large Gandalf, we couldn't be in the same set. All I had for company was 13 photographs of the dwarves on top of stands with little lights - whoever's talking flashes up,” he told Contact Music.

“Pretending you're with 13 other people when you're on your own, it stretches your technical ability to the absolute limits.

“I cried, actually. I cried. Then I said out loud, 'This is not why I became an actor'. Unfortunately the microphone was on and the whole studio heard.”

owned by hollywood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

the george lucas method always produces great results. For example:

Your Friend
Sep 11, 2009

Give Pat a Job
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is
The best of all possible worlds

Sir Ian requires to be surrounded by schlongs at all times.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The last thing Killstealing sees before his mustache ride.

~*~Straight Balling~*~

-me watching the hobbit part 1

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

OP gets a dick boner over shamed old men. News at 11.

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

Weren't they able to avoid greenscreen bullshit in Lotr?

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

you mean i have to pretend i'm doing something when i'm really not??? this is not why i became an actor

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Captain Backslap posted:

Weren't they able to avoid greenscreen bullshit in Lotr?

to film the hobbits they just used perspective tricks but they cant use those tricks now because the film is being shot in 3d

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

oh no i'm being challenged as an actor help

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Fucker posted:

to film the hobbits they just used perspective tricks but they cant use those tricks now because the film is being shot in 3d

lmao

I have Google SafeSearches off

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

this is the most entertaining thing to ever come out of the hobbit movies

A Fucker IRL
Jan 25, 2014

When I give a poo poo, lol.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

perspective tricks are cool. this is just lame.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Fucker posted:

wait wtf they're still trying to make everything in 3d? i thought that fad had finally died a couple years ago

No Such Thing
Oct 12, 2012

self-destructive

no country for gay wizards

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

what i've learned from all these whiners is that actors are largely just braindead babies who can't do anything on their own and need a director to hold their hand and tell them how to feel things if they're to give not even a great performance, but a merely competent one

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

"imagine i'm in the same room as another actor? no no no that's too much. too much. acting school never prepared me for such challenges. i must shed a single tear."

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i really think you're overestimating how much
i love having dog shit smushed all over my face

terrible movie, a shameful wizzard

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

Gandalf cries. He wants to get out of this fantasy world, but he can't, not without your help. But you're not helping. Why is that?

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

wait wtf they're still trying to make everything in 3d? i thought that fad had finally died a couple years ago

hell no cuz 3d movie tickets are bringing in mega bucks

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

It was fucking wonderful. It was fucking hell.

MoonwalkInvincible posted:

yeah right they get to pretty much double ticket prices for 3d movies. they ain't killing that cash cow

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

We could care less what others think about is, but at times, we do care and we fall apart. But when we do fall apart, we put each other back together. We do all this and we ask nothing in return. We are Onii and Imouto.

I guess he's sad because this was supposed to be fun and it's not fun at all

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Billy Idle posted:

"imagine i'm in the same room as another actor? no no no that's too much. too much. acting school never prepared me for such challenges. i must shed a single tear."

*spends 5 hours in room*

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

I guess he's sad because this was supposed to be fun and it's not fun at all

i'm sorry he had to spend a few hours alone in a room as the price for making megabucks for doing basically nothing

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2014 around 00:18

Dr VideoGames 0.299
Feb 15, 2007

i dunno why he came back to do more of this poo poo. he's gotta have millions n millions in the bank. surely he saw that making a loving trilogy out of a kids book which is completely tonally different from the rings series was a capital B bad idea

unless he signed a contract years ago pledging his rear end to new line from here to eternity

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

Fucker posted:

owned by hollywood

this makes me so sad.

Couldn't they have just given him a really big high stool and the other people some shortened leg chairs?

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

i dunno why he came back to do more of this poo poo. he's gotta have millions n millions in the bank. surely he saw that making a loving trilogy out of a kids book which is completely tonally different from the rings series was a capital B bad idea

unless he signed a contract years ago pledging his rear end to new line from here to eternity
Probably because in the first few movies the actors all actually filmed together (i hope, god I hope)

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

Dr. Video Games 0029 posted:

it's almost as if ian mckellen is whining about nothing and is a big gay crybaby

edit: btw the lord of the rings is a kids book too

Billy Idle fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2014 around 00:15

Christmas Miracle
Dec 25, 2012
STEAL ALL THE FARM

Dexters Secret
Sep 8, 2008

We could care less what others think about is, but at times, we do care and we fall apart. But when we do fall apart, we put each other back together. We do all this and we ask nothing in return. We are Onii and Imouto.

everyone is so mad at gandalf for being sad

look at what the 1% has to deal with

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Billy Idle posted:

it's almost as if ian mckellen is whining about nothing and is a big gay crybaby

are you some pathetic drama school drop out lol

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

NoneSuch posted:

are you some pathetic drama school drop out lol

yeah that's exactly it

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Billy Idle posted:

yeah that's exactly it

try to be less butthurt

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

NoneSuch posted:

try to be less butthurt

no

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hailing frequencies

Kill Gandalf.

gggiiimmmppp
Feb 15, 2004

Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels

if it wasnt for the magna carta idiot jackson would be executed for treating a knight that way

-Blackadder-
Jan 2, 2007

Game....Blouses.

I took drama in high school and staying in character despite crushing stage fright and the fact that everything you're doing seems utterly ridiculous and embarrassing to the nth degree that you just want to crawl out of your own skin, can be really difficult. I imagine that's multiplied by a lot when you have to have a conversation with a green tennis ball hanging from the ceiling or a guy in a spandex suit. With that said I think Laurence Olivier, probably apocryphally, said it best when he told Dustin Hoffman, who had just come onto the set of Marathon Man after having stayed awake for two days straight to prepare for a scene where his character was supposed to have been awake for two days straight, "That's why they call it acting, dear boy."

My drama teacher once said, "Shakespeare is easy. Star Wars is hard."

-Blackadder- fucked around with this message at Jan 27, 2014 around 00:18

Billy Idle
Sep 25, 2009

maybe ian mckellen should stick to stage acting instead of repeatedly agreeing to appear in big budget hollywood special effects extravaganzas. hopefully he won't ever have to call out to an offstage actor though, that would suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Billy Idle posted:

maybe ian mckellen should stick to stage acting instead of repeatedly agreeing to appear in big budget hollywood special effects extravaganzas. hopefully he won't ever have to call out to an offstage actor though, that would suck

did Ian mckellen gently caress your mom because thatd be cool

«6 »