Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OBi
Feb 27, 2005

HQ BN A CO BEARMAT
2001-2005. The POG-est.

Haskell9 posted:

I spent 10bux twice and will probably stone light supers when they come. I am whale, hear me roar.

I read this and immediately felt a burst of pure hope thinking you might have gotten some information on light supers in the near future. I was already getting mentally ready to pull out my credit card. The whalesong is strong in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Ahh, running the HK dungeon for rank xp is great, but now I have a bunch of kitty slimes, Apple Drawn and Kittyn & Mimmyna in my boxes. They're just taking up space, right? :negative:

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Speaking of Hercules, I just checked and his leader skill is a straight downgrade from Goemon. That's really underwhelming, and quite frankly, stupid.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So hello kitty is incredibly easy and seems to give some insanely good exp. This dungeon is nice.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Man, the Hello Kitty collab has to have the easiest Master-level dungeon I've ever gone through. My mono-Dark just smoked it. And so much XP too! Great chance to rank up some more.

Oh, and I used 2 rolls' worth of free stones and got My Melody and Kerokerokeroppi. Doubt I'll ever use them, but it was worth a shot.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Is there some sort of companion app for iOS that will show event information based on the phone's timezone versus PST, etc?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yes! You do get a free tamadra if you manage to finish a 50 stamina dungeon with an "S" ranking in the JP version.

Nuebot posted:

So hello kitty is incredibly easy and seems to give some insanely good exp. This dungeon is nice.

Yeah, I got my "S" in this dungeon, it's just so easy. Bastet/Bastet with a bunch of Ogres.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Mirthless posted:

I think it is probably a pretty safe bet to say that most of us aren't on the Satan/Hercules/Zeus-Dios level yet, seriously. Every month we're pushing back a new goalpost in this thread. Does anyone remember when it was good to stone only if you had more than 50 stamina? And then 70? And then 100? Now we've got people saying 'don't stone for supers unless you have 150'. The way some of you guys talk ends up being very discouraging and it gives entirely the wrong idea to new players.

Well when I started playing it was "stones for stamina? don't be an idiot!" but then it moved to 100+ stamina, which seems to be where it remains for the most part.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

I'm at under 100 and I will stone for stamina for certain supers, particularly if I time it with a rank up. It's worth it to minimize the need to farm technicals and Thursday dungeons.

Nick Biped posted:

Man, the Hello Kitty collab has to have the easiest Master-level dungeon I've ever gone through. My mono-Dark just smoked it. And so much XP too! Great chance to rank up some more.

Oh, and I used 2 rolls' worth of free stones and got My Melody and Kerokerokeroppi. Doubt I'll ever use them, but it was worth a shot.

I don't think my Haku team took a hit, which is not to say I haven't hosed up. I wish I had a fruit dragon or something, otherwise I'm done once I get the invade.

Also, peng farming tomorrow, but still no gold dragons. Ugh, might be worth it for the dark penguins.

Yudo fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 28, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Yudo posted:

Glad I invested so much in Isis, Byakko, Genbu, AA Meta, Izanagi etc. I can see power creep becoming really frustrating. Sure there are the 5x leaders, but Haku is so fun.

What are you talking about? All of those can do Descendeds if their teams have been fully invested in.

e: also Isis can go either mono blue right now, or physical with the ultimate evolution so she's definitely getting a boost to her end game utility

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

neurotech posted:

Is there some sort of companion app for iOS that will show event information based on the phone's timezone versus PST, etc?

PADGuide is what you're looking for.

Mezzanine
Aug 23, 2009

trucutru posted:

Yes! You do get a free tamadra if you manage to finish a 50 stamina dungeon with an "S" ranking in the JP version.

Yeah, I got my "S" in this dungeon, it's just so easy. Bastet/Bastet with a bunch of Ogres.

Whoa! Gotta try that later! Except, tonight is King Carnival on JP.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mirthless posted:

For the record, the same thing is true of Cu Chulainn teams, Siegfried teams, Valk teams and Isis teams. You can clear a lot of content with a x9-x12 multiplier!

My starting roll was a Neptune (he was OK tier at the time!) and a Sieg right after :I when Siegfried got his ult evo allowing 9x Sieg teams I could suddenly clear SO much content I couldn't touch before when he had 2.5x. It really makes a difference, and it helps that there are actual decent physical subs now other than Ogres.

I got really lucky with rolling a Hermes eventually because Siren, Neptune and Sieg slot in nicely, and I still use a 9x physical team for farming because Hermes is now physical too.

Vincent Valentine posted:

Speaking of new descendeds: Apparently there's a new conditional descended dungeon coming where the condition is that every dudes main type has to be Dragon.

What the hell? What do you even run in this case if you can't get Zaerog/Fagan, ADK? Dragons have really crappy leader skills usually.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Mezzanine posted:

Whoa! Gotta try that later! Except, tonight is King Carnival on JP.

drat, didn't know about that. Spent my last bit of stamina running the hello kitty dungeon a last time. On the plus side, I got the Invade.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Eej posted:

What are you talking about? All of those can do Descendeds if their teams have been fully invested in.

e: also Isis can go either mono blue right now, or physical with the ultimate evolution so she's definitely getting a boost to her end game utility

My point was that now there is monster that can do that sort of damage after you have suffered head trauma. Even Isis requires some effort and practice. I like Haku because she can do 3.5x for about the same effort as Isis and I have great subs for her, not because Isis is bad or whatever. Isis's ultimate is nice, but I don't quite have the monoblue parts yet where as I can do tons of different Haku teams depending on what I need, though the risk of getting orb starved is obviously a much larger issue.

That said I was dicking around yesterday with my U&Y and a friends high level, + egged example. I managed to trigger them with Izanagi's active and with a row of blue to take advantage if BlOdin's awakenings. It was hard to tell exactly but I think the other U&Y alone hit for over 1 million damage. If only I could do that on a consistent basis!

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
When people 0-stone Zeus with Kirin teams, are they max lvl +297 all? Because I went in with a team ranging from 70 to 95 and kept getting unsync'd Chimeras, so I'd spend a stone there. And then I'd puzzle hard against Zeus, but one bad board would cost me a stone and then I'd just have to hope for a Kirin friendly board. So, more like 1-3 stones each run.

OBi posted:

I read this and immediately felt a burst of pure hope thinking you might have gotten some information on light supers in the near future. I was already getting mentally ready to pull out my credit card. The whalesong is strong in this thread.

Tomorrow will be the fourth or fifth Pengdra Village without seeing Gold Dragons. gently caress you, Gung Ho. This is why I pledged to stop spending money on this game.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Jan 28, 2014

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Yudo posted:

My point was that now there is monster that can do that sort of damage after you have suffered head trauma. Even Isis requires some effort and practice. I like Haku because she can do 3.5x for about the same effort as Isis and I have great subs for her, not because Isis is bad or whatever. Isis's ultimate is nice, but I don't quite have the monoblue parts yet where as I can do tons of different Haku teams depending on what I need, though the risk of getting orb starved is obviously a much larger issue.

That said I was dicking around yesterday with my U&Y and a friends high level, + egged example. I managed to trigger them with Izanagi's active and with a row of blue to take advantage if BlOdin's awakenings. It was hard to tell exactly but I think the other U&Y alone hit for over 1 million damage. If only I could do that on a consistent basis!

Well the head trauma is that your team is barely able to heal and stall but you know apparently that's not a consideration. I mean if we're talking about braindead farming teams then yeah any 3x or 3.5x monster can do the trick.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Blinkman987 posted:

Tomorrow will be the fourth or fifth Pengdra Village without seeing Gold Dragons. gently caress you, Gung Ho. This is why I pledged to stop spending money on this game.

I must have at least 50 light pengdra in my box just waiting for gold dragons that aren't at a ridiculously early time on a drat weekday.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I need a green sub to replace this Dub-emelit I've been using since I started playing should I just go for an Ogre/Goblin or is there some other, farmable green monster, I should go looking for?

psymonkey
May 22, 2006

This post is full of pretty awesome holes. I like all the holes in this post.
Welp, while I was pretty nonplussed about the REM machine for the HK collab, like other have said I'm pretty happy with the actual dungeon. It's working out nice since I'm at a point in the game where I'm starting to get 'tired' of it (meaning I don't relish in grinding T5 normals all day anymore), so it's great having a fairly efficient stamina sink. I'm hoping to go from 91 stamina to 100 over the course of the collab so I can finally start stoning for supers and have a chance at some descendeds!

edit:

Pierson posted:

If I need a green sub to replace this Dub-emelit I've been using since I started playing should I just go for an Ogre/Goblin or is there some other, farmable green monster, I should go looking for?

The best "farmable" green sub is probably an Earth Golem, that you can find in a variety of dungeons as you can see in the link, the most efficient being floor 3 of Kronos Forest. Of course, it is a super rare drop.

psymonkey fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 28, 2014

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Potsticker posted:

Ahh, running the HK dungeon for rank xp is great, but now I have a bunch of kitty slimes, Apple Drawn and Kittyn & Mimmyna in my boxes. They're just taking up space, right? :negative:

They're not bad for feed exp on low level monsters if you have the level 10 ones that drop from the highest difficulty; roughly 5k exp on same-attribute monsters. Even more for the evolved versions. It's not exactly pengdra, but still.

Yudo posted:

Any get a sense of the invade rate of "Kittyn & Mimmyna"? Seems like a monster worth having but I have yet to see one.

I've had 3 in 23 runs of the hardest difficulty (awesome for rank exp)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Blinkman987 posted:

When people 0-stone Zeus with Kirin teams, are they max lvl +297 all? Because I went in with a team ranging from 70 to 95 and kept getting unsync'd Chimeras, so I'd spend a stone there. And then I'd puzzle hard against Zeus, but one bad board would cost me a stone and then I'd just have to hope for a Kirin friendly board. So, more like 1-3 stones each run.

Nope, you can kill him with regular Kirins, but you do have to make a shitload of combos per turn. Matching the minimum four will do get you the damage of four set of orbs multiplied by 25x damage, multiplied by 1.75 (due to a 4-combo). Matching 8 sets will do twice the orb damage, multiplied by 25x, multiplied by 2.75 which means that you will do around 3 times more damage than in the first case. That's a really large difference.

And even doing large combos Zeus has a lot of hp so bringing more than one delay and a defense up (to chain the delays), or another gravity, is recommended.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I just got 3 Keepers from a Keeper of Blue dungeon :stare:

If you need RGB keepers for anything and also some dark/light ones, just go for the blue ones first. You get a lot more invades than I thought and don't need to wait for 2x drop since they're guaranteed in those dungeons.

Edit: When was the last time there was super emeralds? I wanna try a Kushi/Bastet team with the bonus being I only have to level Kushi since you can slot in members from any team in there with them

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Jan 28, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Really? Pengdra Village AGAIN without light dragons? I have an entire page of unevolved light pengdras already.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
My last five runs of Legend Light Dragon have gotten me 0 Cyclops. This dungeon is complete and utter bullshit.

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:

BGrifter posted:

Really? Pengdra Village AGAIN without light dragons? I have an entire page of unevolved light pengdras already.
I ran Technicals yesterday for Challenge stones, so I have about 20 each of the Tricolour Pengdra sitting max levelled and unevolved. I was hoping for some Tricolour Dragons. I got more Pengdra. Goddamit GungHo.

EDIT:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

What the hell? What do you even run in this case if you can't get Zaerog/Fagan, ADK? Dragons have really crappy leader skills usually.
Either ADK and hope we get Draggie beforehand or Resist Teams (Nebra/Nebra if there's no multihits hahah of course it will have multihit).

MissMarple fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Jan 28, 2014

opaopa13
Jul 25, 2007

EB: i'm in a rocket pack and i am about to blast off into space. it should be sweet.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can't even run Fagan, because he's a God/Dragon. It's got to be their primary type, because... I have no goddamn idea :psyduck:

So you could run CDK-V + Green Sonia for a 5/2/2.5 team, but you can't use Indra or Vritra. The Starter Dragons are okay, but not their Hello Kitty equivalents. If there are no crazy gimmicks (ha!), I'm guessing CDK/ADK/CDD/Canopus/Hadar/GrSonia will be a pretty standard team.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

opaopa13 posted:

You can't even run Fagan, because he's a God/Dragon. It's got to be their primary type, because... I have no goddamn idea :psyduck:

Man Gungho is REALLY pissed that they made a game called Puzzle and Dragons and nobody uses the dragons

MissMarple posted:

I ran Technicals yesterday for Challenge stones, so I have about 20 each of the Tricolour Pengdra sitting max levelled and unevolved. I was hoping for some Tricolour Dragons. I got more Pengdra. Goddamit GungHo.

EDIT:

Either ADK and hope we get Draggie beforehand or Resist Teams (Nebra/Nebra if there's no multihits hahah of course it will have multihit).

If there's a bunch of a certain color I guess you could run a resist toy dragon leader but I bet they put all the colors in to prevent that. Or, the fruit dragons all give 2x RCV 2x HP to a color. 1/4/4 team with 4 nuking ancient dragons might be doable, if you want to skill up 4 ancient draahahahahahaha

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Gungho is running another twitter survey to vote for a new dungeon. Details and how to vote at http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=34508. Right now Hanzo's skillup mon is winning.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Copy and paste this into your twitter machine to vote for the dark chaser, guys: @pad_sexy パープルチェイサー #パズドラアンケート

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tir McDohl posted:

Copy and paste this into your twitter machine to vote for the dark chaser, guys: @pad_sexy パープルチェイサー #パズドラアンケート

No you bastards. We need to get a Mystic Ice Knight dungeon. How the gently caress is Mono-blue the only one that does not get to skill up the knights?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

GungHo posted:

*Lunar New Year*
[Duration]: 1/30 (Thur), midnight - 2/6 (Thur), 11:59 PM (PST)

The new year is a time for remembrance and growth, so what better way to do so than to celebrate P&D with friends and family! Here's some awesome bonuses, a choice selection of descended dungeons, and a special surprise commemorate this version 6.3 update event!

■① Daily Log-in Bonus
1/30 - 2/6 - 1 Magic Stone
※Bonuses will be distributed as late as 3:59 AM (PST) the following day.

■② Special Event Dungeon Schedule:
1/30 - Draggie!
1/31 - Satan Descended!
2/1 - Beelzebub Descends!
2/2 - ???????????????
2/1 - 2/2 - Twinlit Descended!
2/3 - Heroes Descended
2/5 - The Thief Descended!
2/6 - Hera-Ur Descended!

■③ Awesome Daily Bonuses
Pal Egg Event:
1/30 - 2/6 - Rare Evo Materials
2x King appearance rates for the Metal and Jewel Dragons
[We will also have a special visits from Super Jewel King Dragons]
2x Skill Up rate
2x Drops for the Daily Special Dungeons
1.5x Coins for the Weekend Dungeon

Godfest info is on the way!

*Events subject to change without notice or compensation - see event policy here http://tinyurl.com/cj7zu4t

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Snowmankilla posted:

No you bastards. We need to get a Mystic Ice Knight dungeon. How the gently caress is Mono-blue the only one that does not get to skill up the knights?

Seriously. Where's the MIK love? He's the perfect blue orb changer for a Byakko team, and she (rightly) gets plenty of love.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

There's, um, Ice Mechdragon?

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

Arcturas posted:

There's, um, Ice Mechdragon?

And CoS during events! oh...hrm...

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Unless the godfest is a good one, those stones are going to boxspace this go round.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Every time a survey dungeon wins is because the meta needed one: ADK/CDK teams led to Dragon Guardian and Sword of Darkness, Zeus led to Blade of Justice, everything led to Echidna, Goemon led to MFK, Luci/devils led to Pierdra, and now Dtron needs her a 5cd orb changer.

As soon as a Fenrir becomes a high priority sub for a popular team he'll get into the next survey dungeon. But not now.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
gently caress your mono blue, a vote for green chaser is a vote for the future

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Unless the godfest is a good one, those stones are going to boxspace this go round.

Godfest will be Heroes + XXXXXXX (Goku is on the 'cover' for the event)

EDIT: i'd bet on Heroes + Chinese but who knows :s

madstrike fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jan 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Im predicting chinese as the second pantheon.

• Locked thread