Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Ugh now I'm going to have to decide which of my Haku's goes D/R and which goes D/D. I was originally thinking of making my +150 Haku D/R for her easier leader activation, but consensus seems to be that D/D is straight up better. I've never really had any problem activating Haku so maybe I should just go dual D/D. What are other people doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

The Hebug posted:

Ugh now I'm going to have to decide which of my Haku's goes D/R and which goes D/D. I was originally thinking of making my +150 Haku D/R for her easier leader activation, but consensus seems to be that D/D is straight up better. I've never really had any problem activating Haku so maybe I should just go dual D/D. What are other people doing?

maxed out Haku is going D/D, other one I'll probably ignore until I feel like I really need one or the other. Between my Loki and Tiamat, I suspect both will go D/D for a killer dark row team.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

The Hebug posted:

I have a ton of combo gods and a free devilit from the PAL, so I'm going D/D right away.

MrPants
Nov 17, 2005

KariOhki posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/kariohki/monsters/

Zeus is coming up again. Do I have a chance with anything in my box? Getting him is my next step, I think, before I can start getting twinlits and trifruits and evolving my dudes more?

Yes, totally. Ra/VO/echidna/grodin/Hera(or thanatos if you aren't good with Ra and want 8 turns)/LL Ra, Horus, DQXQ, uevo Isis. Sweep the first round, stall on the masks as long as possible for skills. Exit with a decent board if you can. Sweep. Echidna and kill. VO, Hera, activate Ra a few times and collect your Zeus.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Titles should be kept simple for non-players.

Puzzle & Dragons: Goku and Batman team up with Satan and Thor to beat up Hello Kitty.

I like your line of thinking and the general idea here but that exact title is way too long. :v:

Cody Watts
Jun 5, 2004
The internet makes you stupid.

Cody Watts posted:

It amuses me that Snow White's and Cinderella's evolved forms have the "God" type.

Puzzle & Dragons: Bow before Cinderella, your new god.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I finally got my PAD Herder synced, any advice on where I should go from here?

Teams
Box

Other than mindless Pengdra/Rank farming, I'm not really sure what my goals should be. I know I want to pick up a Vampire and a Valkyrie but I don't really have any path toward doing that. I've spent weeks running the lovely normal dungeon for Vampires and only seen one twice so I've pretty much given up on that. I know the Valkyrie dungeon is coming around again but I don't even know if I'm even in the ballpark of being able to clear that.

Edit: Also I still need to exchange starter dragon gifts with some one.

Bardo
Nov 6, 2009
Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: I got 99 Waifus but Ronia Aint one.
Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: Pull the Dragon Arm, Save the Girl.

I've been attempting to farm a Succubus ever since Poringing Tower. Is there a special chant I have to say to get her to drop? :(

Bardo fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 10, 2014

Brood
May 27, 2007
Pip Pip, Wot Wot
Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: Committing Blasphemy One Sex Change At A Time

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Waifus Kill Satan, Steal His Egg

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Lu Bu and You

oh, wait

Edit:

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Boy, I Sure Hope This Update Has Some Bugs In It

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 10, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Showcasing the ridiculous teams is the way to go. You can have something like Snow-White, Cleopatra, and Hello Kitty vs Goku, Batman, and Satan. The options are endless. (that or making fun of Noah).

Kalas
Jul 27, 2007

trucutru posted:

Showcasing the ridiculous teams is the way to go. You can have something like Snow-White, Cleopatra, and Hello Kitty vs Goku, Batman, and Satan. The options are endless. (that or making fun of Noah).

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: The Waifus are endless (your wallet is not)

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Batman and Goku take on Fabletown

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

I finally got my PAD Herder synced, any advice on where I should go from here?

Teams
Box

Other than mindless Pengdra/Rank farming, I'm not really sure what my goals should be. I know I want to pick up a Vampire and a Valkyrie but I don't really have any path toward doing that. I've spent weeks running the lovely normal dungeon for Vampires and only seen one twice so I've pretty much given up on that. I know the Valkyrie dungeon is coming around again but I don't even know if I'm even in the ballpark of being able to clear that.

Edit: Also I still need to exchange starter dragon gifts with some one.

I missed this. If you're only rank 69, your main goal is to rank up. It sucks, but that's what ya gotta do. Don't worry about vampire and valk, they'll come around eventually. Just level up your dudes and run T5 if you can.

Evolve your Hermes and mystic knight so you can use the blue team to farm Lava Tube.

ChikoDemono fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 10, 2014

Cody Watts
Jun 5, 2004
The internet makes you stupid.

DaveWoo posted:

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Lu Bu and You

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Lu Bu, Goku, Haku and You

trucutru posted:

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Hello Kitty and Satan, together at last.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Here's a fun little tidbit: the Extreme God Rush dungeon came out in the JP version of PAD around early May. Guess what other dungeon was introduced around that same time.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Cody Watts posted:

Okay, I like this one.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Cody Watts posted:

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Hello Kitty and Satan, not actually the same monster in this game.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
Puzzle & Dragons 6.5: It's not gambling if it's anime

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Japanese Godfest lasting 7/12 - 7/15. The usual suspects represented, along with the Japanese's love for FA Lucifer. I'm shocked Hades isn't up there.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Cody Watts posted:

This is the next thread title unless someone comes up with a better one related to dbz or saint seiya.

I'll get it up tomorrow unless I finish fixing my desktop tonight.

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

ChikoDemono posted:

Japanese Godfest lasting 7/12 - 7/15. The usual suspects represented, along with the Japanese's love for FA Lucifer. I'm shocked Hades isn't up there.

I have a question; why does everyone love Persephone so much? Is she THAT good a devil sub? I have two of her, is it really worth maxing two of them?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So for any Android people, is pad guide still giving push updates? Like some rear end in a top hat I was chilling with friends when baby tamadra dungeon hit. I set it to let me know, and never got the notification. Its been happening a lot lately. Just me? Uninstall/reinstall?

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jul 10, 2014

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
https://www.padherder.com/user/monstersa/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Yo dudes. Cant someone look at my box and give me a suggestion about a 2-3 stone Zeus team? Please?

I tried last time with Ronia/Awk. Hera/Hades/Baddie/Echida/Ronia and almost had it but ended up boofing on Zues, homself.

Also, advice on a Hera-Sowilo clear using FA Luci? Rebel Seraph Luci (whoops)

PUZZLES AND DRAGON 6.5: MORE GOLEMS THAN A HEBREW SCHOOL COSTUME PARTY

fan of the browns fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 10, 2014

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beekeeping and You posted:

I have a question; why does everyone love Persephone so much? Is she THAT good a devil sub? I have two of her, is it really worth maxing two of them?

Her orb change is excellent, she has a very good color combination, and her stats are very good (the awakenings are crap). She's just a solid sub for a very large variety of teams.

Edit: that JP Godfest is gonna be nice but, goddamn, green and blue got the shaft. At least red got the shitbird and the "let's do row enhances pair".

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jul 10, 2014

Xenogenesis
Nov 8, 2005

DaveWoo posted:

Five Shades of Hera :v:
This is the only correct answer.

MonsterWalk posted:

https://www.padherder.com/user/monstersa/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0,eq,0,0;default,0

Yo dudes. Cant someone look at my box and give me a suggestion about a 2-3 stone Zeus team? Please?

I tried last time with Ronia/Awk. Hera/Hades/Baddie/Echida/Ronia and almost had it but ended up boofing on Zues, homself.

Also, advice on a Hera-Sowilo clear using FA Luci?

Just use your Ronia team for Zeus and Hera-Sowilo.

Xenogenesis fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 10, 2014

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000
I have a similar Zeus question: is this team good enough to have a shot at clearing with no/minimal stoning? I have the mats/tama to busty(D/D?) & awaken hades, I just wanted to get some input first. I've been running mostly D/D batman or Freyja prior to this Ronia team, so I'm not really used to a team that can just drop a couple million damage whenever I have skills ready.

The rest of my box is here: https://www.padherder.com/user/Samurai_Hitman/

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Samurai_Hitman posted:

I have a similar Zeus question: is this team good enough to have a shot at clearing with no/minimal stoning? I have the mats/tama to busty(D/D?) & awaken hades, I just wanted to get some input first. I've been running mostly D/D batman or Freyja prior to this Ronia team, so I'm not really used to a team that can just drop a couple million damage whenever I have skills ready.

Sure, I'd say you have a pretty good shot with that team. Red Sonia's one of the best leaders to use against Zeus.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Samurai_Hitman posted:

Yes, delay on the masks. It will be ridiculously easy. Just remember that there's no reason to have 2 damage cooldowns for Zeus, so burn one Ronia + either Lu Bu or Baddie on the 4th floor just to make sure it dies.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Tsurupettan posted:

This is the next thread title unless someone comes up with a better one related to dbz

Puzzle and Dragons 6.5: Unfortunately, It's Not Mr. Satan

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
drat, I got trolled hard by the metagold dragon dungeon. Eight gold dragons in a row in the last floor, saw 14 tamas in rounds 1-4 and none dropped. 20 runs in total, 3 tamas, 2 stones.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

trucutru posted:

drat, I got trolled hard by the metagold dragon dungeon. Eight gold dragons in a row in the last floor, saw 14 tamas in rounds 1-4 and none dropped. 20 runs in total, 3 tamas, 2 stones.

drat, I was at work, so I only got three runs and four tamas dropped. Sorry I stole your luck. :(

Samurai_Hitman
Sep 19, 2000

El_Gimpo posted:

Yes, delay on the masks. It will be ridiculously easy. Just remember that there's no reason to have 2 damage cooldowns for Zeus, so burn one Ronia + either Lu Bu or Baddie on the 4th floor just to make sure it dies.

Thanks to you and DaveWoo for the sanity check regarding team comp, and that's exactly what I was thinking re: Lu Bu/baddie on floors 4/5, mostly because I wasn't sure if I could sweep the blue chimera without the additional burst.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649492

New thread.

El_Gimpo
Apr 7, 2011

Samurai_Hitman posted:

Thanks to you and DaveWoo for the sanity check regarding team comp, and that's exactly what I was thinking re: Lu Bu/baddie on floors 4/5, mostly because I wasn't sure if I could sweep the blue chimera without the additional burst.

Yeah, I went into it super cautiously too with a Ronia team, and 0 stoned it with almost no effort, and my stuff was lower level than yours. It just looks daunting :p

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ChikoDemono posted:

Who or what is the pair of units on the bottom?

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Who or what is the pair of units on the bottom?

Go ask in the new thread

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Evil Fluffy posted:

busty grodin

What does this mean? Does Odin get a sex change when he evolves?

cheezit
Jan 9, 2004

sleep?

A.o.D. posted:

What does this mean? Does Odin get a sex change when he evolves?

Busty was the old term for an ultimate evolution. I think more poo poo had tits back in the day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"

cheezit posted:

Busty was the old term for an ultimate evolution. I think more poo poo had tits back in the day?

Hilarious google mistranslation is the way I heard it. More importantly, get in the 6.5 thread ya scrubs! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3649492

• Locked thread