Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Really? Pengdra Village AGAIN without light dragons? I have an entire page of unevolved light pengdras already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Freaking awesome we're getting Satan back again so quickly. Hopefully we see gold dragons (or even better gold plus super gold!) beforehand so I can raise my L Meta team a bit further in prep to get all my awakening copies.

I wonder if I have the pieces to take a shot at Beelzebub.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Snowmankilla posted:

So how worthwhile is it to drop 3 to 4 stones to get the 3 more Satans for awakenings?

They're really really good. Highly recommended. Two max awoken Satans alone is six ranks of +dark row awakenings. The numbers put out by a team like Satan/Satan/Gryps Rider/Cerebus/King Baddie/Satan get pretty crazy.

Edit: To help put it in perspective it appears Cerebus may be better than Beelzebub entirely on the back of that one row awakening.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Snowmankilla posted:

Holy poo poo. I was debating 3 more. Not 7 more. Just the amount of evo materials is insane.

The second one as a sub isn't strictly necessary, and if you don't have Gryps you likely need the spot for Vampire plus DJ or something. I'd say farm the three for now and if you get completely hooked on Satan teams next time around four more might be on your radar.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mphill posted:

Realistically, since you can't stall, you're not going to get away with a Baddie or an enhance on a Satan team.

You're right that typically Satan teams run a second orb changer like Vampire but you're waaaaaaaaaay off on this one. Stalling 12 turns isn't that hard in most Decendeds, and Satan teams have an enormous HP buffer to work with.

Even a completely unskilled Baddie at 17 turns is a totally doable stall. You're going to have a 25kish HP buffer and a rank of skill boost on Cerebus too.

If you want to see videos of Satan teams clearing everything but Zeus-Dios/Hera-Is/Beelzebub check this thread. http://www.puzzleanddragonsforum.com/showthread.php?tid=26115

Baddie is used on all but Twinlits in those videos.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah that survey dungeon is going to be a bust for me pretty much no matter what on that list wins. If the Light Chaser somehow pulls it out that'd be a nice convenience.

King Shynee would be the best case scenario on that list considering what a pain Gold Kings are but it's waaaaaay back.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

mphill posted:

I'll give you that 12 turns makes it a lot more feasible, but I haven't had any success in trying to stall 17 for Baddie. I'm sure it can be done in certain instances, like Valk and Zeus with the wave of masks, but in general? Eh...

What sorts of difficult content have you done with a 17 turn Baddie, out of curiosity?

Athena was pretty much made for Satan teams and Sieg makes stalling for skills there trivial. You're right masks in Valk and Zeus make that a non issue.

Zeus:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke6JfV2GyEs

Satan:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4s-8WY5bSA

Athena:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs7GreWKJKI

Goemon Mythical:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kvit-bkKBCw&list=PLk8ZGe_yKgrRudAt4c5u7Pb5LV5HlnN8v

In the Satan video he had a 12 turn Baddie but also killed Hades with five turns on the counter, could have easily made 17. Goemon Mythical would be the hardest of those to pull off at 17, but wouldn't be impossible and even going down to 15 would be a big help.

Of course throwing one stone at most things makes stalling trivial, but I'm assuming we're talking exclusively no-stone here.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Shame that getting Satan is such a loving nightmare unless you have a buff Ra or Kirin team. I don't think any of my leaders could reliably run that dungeon without using a lot of stones. :smith:

It's actually pretty Healer team friendly if you have a high level one. Robin is also an option with the lack of healing orbs and a few good Light subs but may end up costing a few stones.

Ra/Kirin/U&Y or something similar are certainly idea though yeah.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If Gung Ho is smart they'll take a look at the results and make a cycle of dedicated Chaser dungeons like the Mystic Knights.

Of course just to mess with everybody they'll leave out the blue chaser.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Evil Fluffy posted:

Maybe I could do it if/when I busty Zeus, running Zeus/Verche/Echidna and maybe a Siren/Takeminakata(max lvl but unevolved atm) with a busty Zeus buddy.

It's possible, but the lack of a 3x slime to burst down Satan with would be rough. I'm guessing you'd need to find a setup that lets you to stall long enough to get the Zeus gravities active and 35 turns is a long time in a dungeon with no hearts. 17 turns for a slime is totally doable but pushing the upper limit.

In your shoes I'd give Robin another good hard look. No hearts helps out tremendously and if you can make it to Satan with Echidna up you'll have an eternity to get the combos right. The Lilith and Vampire waves would be the least forgiving.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Holy poo poo. Fallen Angel Lucifer with a monstrous 2x row awakenings and 2x skill boost. Amaterasu, Loki and Persephone get a rank of skill boost too! The row awakening on Venus makes me really wish I had one for my healer team now and the one on Dark Hades is pretty drat nice.

A Greek/Norse Godfest would be really nice right about now. I'd be ecstatic with a Persephone or a Loki.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just 1 King gold dragon? Don't tell me you're not going to awaken and max skill up that king Shynee :getin:

Got over a half dozen maxed Big Shynees waiting for kings. :sigh: With the slimes even just two skillups make an enormous difference.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Sailor_Spoon posted:

You're gonna be really mad when you find out that skill-ups don't carry over to an evo with a different skill.

EDIT: or you already knew that and I just can't read.

The latter. :v: Got my first King Shynee skillup last event. Now my box looks like this.

Not pictured: Another two rows of Light Pengdras in need of baby gold dragons. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Eej posted:

I mean you guys first bitch that the game is too easy now that you have your maxed out Ra team or whatever and you're losing interest, then people start talking about Izanami who is balls hard and people bitch that it's pointless to run. Which is it, gamers???

That's not a conflicting point of view at all. They'd like more challenging content and for that challenging content to have difficulty-appropriate rewards.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

just a butt posted:

Hero/Chinese Godfest, starting Friday instead of Saturday due to Chinese New Year

No Norse again? :sigh: Not really interested in any of the Chinese gods aside from Kirin.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Eej posted:

In this day and age it's hard to recommend an un-typed un-skillable orb changer as a Good Sub when all they have going for them is Decent God Stats™ and a row awakening.

It's definitely the untyped thing that kills them for me. Give them all the obvious types, Dark/Devil, Light/Healer, Blue/Physical, Green/Balanced, Red/Attacker and an off color secondary for all of them to increase combo team viability. Then I'd be interested.

As it stands I'd rather have a Gryps than the Dark one. A Godfest of glorified beast riders, I think I can skip this one.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ugh, two hours to go and fighting the urge to buy 25 box spaces and stone for plants. I have 24 banked now... and 28 Light Pengdras nevermind all the RGB ones waiting on dragons.

Just have to stay strong for two more hours.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Tsurupettan posted:

What's this? Tell us more!

Check the iOS gaming or the MPQ threads for more. It's an utter trainwreck as they try to squeeze the few remaining suckers still playing for every last dime they can.

On the upside we got the word "Funbalancing" out of the mess. It means to nerf anything good and more than a couple weeks old to force people to throw cash at getting the new characters.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
If Hera-Is is partially skilled up it's entirely possible to stall to have her active on Satan. Doesn't have to be all the way down to 15, but no higher than 20.

Of course someone who has 10+ skillups on their Hera-Is probably has their Kirin team for farming Satan figured out too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

me your dad posted:

Looking for feedback on whether I would benefit from the Godfest tonight. I've got enough stones for four rolls tonight - no IAP.

I wouldn't in your shoes but it's ultimately up to you. You've got Suzaku so a duplicate or the other three non-Kirin Chinese girls aren't terribly exciting. The Heroes are pretty underwhelming, subtypeless Beast Riders. Way too many misses to potentially roll for my tastes.

Personally I plan to go the roll till not gold route myself, meaning likely one roll. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Terrene posted:

Just one roll, that's all you're getting out of me GungHo, just one roll and I swear I'm done.

Yeah I'm doing the same. Looking forward to my five billionth Echidna. Fire Festivals during Godfests are the worst.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Rolled till not gold.

Dragonette

Welp. That was easy. :v:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dj Meow Mix posted:

1 roll, Dark Meta. I don't know why this game loves dumping Light and dark Meta on me so much I really just want an Odin...

I would happily trade every one of the 50+ Godfest rolls I've ever made for one Dark Meta. :sigh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I broke down and rolled once more.

25 box spaces. :smug:

The best Godfest roll.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
This whole rolling Dark Meta or Blue Odin and complaining about it is getting out of hand. It's like winning $1,000,000 in the lottery and whining you didn't get the $10,000 prize you were shooting for.

Seriously people, Dark Meta and Blue Odin are ridiculously good. You hit the jackpot.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Just saw the drop for that Dragons-only Decended in JP. It's a Dark/Green Dragon/Devil-type with 5003hp/1254atk/26rcv and a Hera-Ur/Athena style orb enhance for dark and green orbs. Awakenings are a bit disappointing at Poison Resist/+Dark Orbs/Skill Boost (the last is nice) but 5k HP ain't too shabby.

Dungeon also drops Tiamat who gets 2x Dark row enhancements and a Skill Boost.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Is anyone in the thread doing Twinlits with a Light Meta team? A couple Angelits for Isis and a Devilit for Vampire would be awesome.

My team is currently:
86 Light Meta (max awoken)/52 Angelion/60 Valkyrie/42 King Shynee/74 Echidna. Angelion, Valkyrie and Echidna are max skilled, King Shynee has one skillup. No +s on anybody.

drat you Gung Ho for never having regular Gold Dragons. I have an entire page of Light Pengdras waiting. :argh:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Qylvaran posted:

As far as I can tell, one bind-immune card of a color you have others of is a straight detriment, since the mythlits will only use Flash Bind (for example) if the enemy phase starts with at least one unbound light monster on your side, which will always be true, so all your other light monsters will be bound for dozens of rounds. The obvious exception is Amaterasu.

Interesting. Poked around for videos of other teams on YouTube and it works for DA Meta but that's cause they both have an off color sub element and the Mythlits end up spamming a lot of Light binds.

Guess that's the excuse I've been waiting on to level Amaterasu. If we ever get any Gold Dragons ever again...

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I don't find it problematic for that reason at all.

They do. Just watched a video of a Dark Meta team getting spammed with Light binds. Unfortunately Light Meta currently lacks a subtype and is getting L/L next patch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Adar posted:

will zero stone this 90%+ of the time. Other teams will also work as long as you've got some form of bind immunity (and the exact colors of the monster matter - fire > water > wood > light > dark, unless it's Anubis, who gives extra time for matches.) Bind immunity takes it from constantly struggling to trivial.

Hmmmmm that gives me a few options then. I've got a maxed level Isis that would just need the Tamdras once the 4th awakening goes in. I could level/evolve/awaken my Anubis. Already have Light Meta as posted above.

Of course it'll have to wait for next Twinlits as Zeus is still untouched since I got him. Something like Zeus/Isis/Echidna/Echidna/Hera is totally manageable though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Eddain posted:

Oh hey, I can build that exact team. But it would take me forever to awaken everything and max out the eggs. :(

The +297s probably aren't strictly necessary, but skilling those up would be a pain too. Still a good long term goal.

Edit: my new favourite Twinlits video. Satan can actually make for an ok-ish clear of the place, but certainly not with this guy playing. Wow.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kX9g3TKny4M&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DkX9g3TKny4M

Eight deaths.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Feb 3, 2014

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Shark Tower posted:

Can't forget gungho's tendency to screw with their players. I'd say it's all day tamadras, gold dragons and super golds.

I would spend all my stamina, buy a large stones pack, spend it and play the whole way to the mall to pick up another iTunes gift card.

Come on GungHo, take my money 10 stamina at a time. :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Ok this is getting beyond stupid. Pengdra Village AGAIN tomorrow without Gold Dragons. How many is this, five? Six?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

I'm pretty sure that was challenge mode. :stare:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

dragon enthusiast posted:

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/140205_sinka_anke.html

JP players can vote for the next three monsters to get busties - top three get chosen. If it already has a busty, it'll get another one.

Selection seems limited to REM/Descended mons only.

Light Meta would be fantastic if that's on the list. Hera-Ur or Hera-Is would be great too.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Eddain posted:

If only Rodin were a Devil. :(

Clearly it's time to flood the votes with Busty Red Odin. :getin:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Unknown_PC posted:

EN gold dragons finally showing up tomorrow

About freaking time. Evil of them to put it on Thursday, but I'll stone if I have to.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Super Gold Dragons, hell loving yes.

Super Golds and me with Zeus, Amaterasu, Valkyrie, Light Meta, Angelion, Verche, Apollo, Taka and maybe even Athena to max?

All the stones. ALL OF THEM.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Yudo posted:

I just evolved L Meta and need a gently caress load of XP for Venus and Valk. All my challenge stone are going towards box space and stamina, and I was hoping to save up for REM gambling.

Yeah I bumped up to 300 slots last Godfest and I'm tempted to go to 350 just to store all the Gold dragons and plants I plan to farm tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Twinlit dungeon change for JP no longer has mythlits prioritize binding all of the player's characters before hitting things, so essentially you can't stall forever with Amaterasu or Light Metatron anymore.

Which leaves Dark Meta the only remaining team that can clear the dungeon without substantial problem. :hurr:

That shouldn't be a problem for Light Meta teams. They only hit for around 4500 and auto recover from the Metas alone is 1k on a team with sky high RCV.

Since there seems to be a bit of interest in Light Meta teams vs Twinlits these came up in my searches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaUVJzq_RGs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLciMagKs40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPhlts0W1Rk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxUfjv2w5BY

A couple of those were poorly played yet survived.

Has there been any indication when the changes to resist awakenings will go in? Angelion's two dark resists getting bumped up would help ease the HP threshold for the Dub-myths preemptives a bit.

• Locked thread