Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

madmac posted:

Four legendary and two Master runs of Mystic Light Dragon nets me one evolved Centaur drop.

What team are you running to clear legendary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yudo posted:

Any get a sense of the invade rate of "Kittyn & Mimmyna"? Seems like a monster worth having but I have yet to see one.

Yeah, the thing that pisses me off more then anything about this collab is that K&M is almost as good as I&I, my only legit mono-color leader. If the invade was for light, green, or red it would be the best poo poo ever to get to build a new team asap. As is, none of the monsters in this are any good. Which double sucks because it is actually a fun/easy/rewarding collab to run

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Tir McDohl posted:

Copy and paste this into your twitter machine to vote for the dark chaser, guys: @pad_sexy パープルチェイサー #パズドラアンケート

No you bastards. We need to get a Mystic Ice Knight dungeon. How the gently caress is Mono-blue the only one that does not get to skill up the knights?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So how worthwhile is it to drop 3 to 4 stones to get the 3 more Satans for awakenings?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

BGrifter posted:

They're really really good. Highly recommended. Two max awoken Satans alone is six ranks of +dark row awakenings. The numbers put out by a team like Satan/Satan/Gryps Rider/Cerebus/King Baddie/Satan get pretty crazy.

Edit: To help put it in perspective it appears Cerebus may be better than Beelzebub entirely on the back of that one row awakening.

Holy poo poo. I was debating 3 more. Not 7 more. Just the amount of evo materials is insane.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ultima66 posted:

For those not in the know: assuming you get enough turns for the skill to come up (or if we ever get a skillup dungeon), Archdevil Lucifer is actually better than Hera-ur, Cerberus, and Beelzebub on a dark team. His awakenings are amazing and he now has the best potential dark enhance skill. Likewise, if we ever get Anubis skillups, he'll be a very good dark sub as well.

What am I missing here? His awakenings are 3 +ATK, and no enhance?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I apparently can't read good. Thanks everyone!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So what is the point of Izanami Descended?

I am getting to the point where there are no descendeds worth doing. Other then Draggie. I have beaten that fucker like 9 times. If there is going to be the big dragon only descended later, I need the draggie then heavy metal. I have heard some horrible stuff about that dungeon, so that will be fun.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

just a butt posted:

Hanzo ain't leading anything, just so you know. Might want to read closer about who's eligible for a survey dungeon

I cannot read Japanese, nor does Google translate do poo poo. I would love to vote, but I have to take most peoples word on what is going on in first world PAD.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Question for the people with the L/L ultimate Zeuses. I am debating if it would be worthwhile to get 3 anglelits to get the 3.5x, to run Twinlits more. I can do 0 stones if I am crazy lucky, 1 usually, and 2-3 if I fat finger it. It does seem like the best place for mithlits and Tamdras though. Is the utlimate going to save me stones in the long run?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

DaveWoo posted:

Well, I hope we get it at least one more time here in the US; it's one of the few things I'd actually be willing to spend stones on at this point. (Along with 5x +eggs in Technicals)

Yeah, I am debating whaling hard on Twinlits this time. If it may go away, I need like 3 anglits as is, and a shitton of dub-mythlits, so I may use my challenge stones to see how many Tamas I can bank.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Munkaboo posted:

Are any of these 4x fellas any good? Seems dumb to me.

They seem like luxury orb changers?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Murgos posted:

No stone Satan run with Kirin and UPCs mega-Kirin. Feels good. I could never quite manage it with Ra/Ra. Something always came up where I couldn't make the board and got toasted and since I felt I should be able to no stone it I wouldn't continue even when one more x36 probably would have killed Satan.

Just cost me a stone 2 stones for this very reason. once on vamps, once on Satan I have no light orbs drop. I was going to pick up 3, but I am going to stick with one per time it comes around.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Boxman posted:

I feel like an idiot, but how do I get into challenge mode? It's in the US version now, right? I'd like to get a few more stones before the godfest.

Sorry if this has been asked - I skimmed the last 5 pages and didn't see anything

When you go to pick a friend lead, go to the very bottom, it is in red.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, US is never getting ultimate busties for Isis, Horus, or Ra, are we? Rabble Rabble Rabble.

I have those evo's saved up for months. I am beyond mad about that.

Now I am pissed about Naga and Anubus busties.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So... worth it or not to max awoken a second Lilith? I think there was a twinlit build with 2 of them, and after picking up my Satans for awakening, I have the 3 I need to make my second awoken?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I'd argue that it's not worth it. Two poisons imply that you're going to stall the first round, poison rounds 2 and 3, and then nuke the fourth somehow. That's not a bad way of doing things, but I think it's a lot easier to stall round 1 long enough to get poison/defense break, shred round 2, and then stall on round 3 by killing the dubs and leaving the Tamadra alive. In my experience, that is less dangerous than sticking around on round 1 until gravities are ready or whatever.

Furious Lobster posted:

IIRC that specific twinlit team required a lot of +297s so it's not that viable.

Ok. That is good to know. I can erase all that crap from the mats I need.

Second question then, If I am trying to get the pieces of a a healer team together, do most people run 2 Ultimate Valks? My first Rose Valk is only like level 64, and don't know if I should be throwing EXP at her, or my Great Valk to jump her up those last two evos?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

MMania posted:

The biggest problem healer teams run into is not having enough HP, so L/L Venus is a clear winner, especially when comboed with Big Shynee for a guaranteed 9+ combo. The other big REM pull is Farlion, absolutely a gem if you manage to not rage-feed it away because it was a 3* egg.

If you haven't lucked into one of those, apparently lightning holy dragon evos into a healer in 6.4? Skill is Water orbs -> light and he has 2500 HP and 1300 ATK. I should probably put some levels into mine, those easily trump running a Valkyrie sub.

Yeah, I feel like I am the only person on here with no REM Healers so far. Go figure that I would kill for a Farlion right now. That will be nice when 6.4 comes for the Holy Dragon. Also I am going to turn my Lakshmi into a healer when that comes down. She will finally be useful.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Mirthless posted:

Every. Single. Godfest! How do you guys get these amazingly rare, desirable monsters and then act all nonchalant about it?

Because unless you have meta team he is just an orb changer that is hard to skill up. I got him like 5 Godfests ago an got a "that sucks" reply. And I agree.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Had an awesome gently caress You from PAD moment. Went into Twinlits, hit my 3 light, and one mass bule, and forgot that I had no blue mons. So I killed one dude, then got one shot.

Went back to home screen and saw I had 10 pay pulls. Got some poo poo, and a Cerberus. I ran Satan like 5 times yesterday, never got one to drop.

PAD taketh away, PAD givith.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

madstrike posted:

Earlier on irc, i asked UPC to see if he could find me some videos of the new Shiva teams in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVnwkX99miw (twinlit)

(stacked teams but dayum)

I am like 4 stones in on one clear between bad luck and stamina refills at this point, and this blows my loving mind. You are correct about stacked teams, I literally do not have one of the monsters this person has, but being able to brute force twinlits would be the best poo poo ever.

I have a total of 9 clears for 3 angelits and 6 devilits, so I can only save up for the Horus Ultimate. I am just trying to decide how worth while getting the last 2 agnelits I would need for L/L Zeus would be. At this point, I only use him for Twinlits, and I think the extra attack might be bad on the first floor. I loving hate this dungeon.

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Feb 1, 2014

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

trucutru posted:

It is not really that bad once you get used to it and to the needs or your particular team. The double Zeus Olimpus team only needs 3 light orbs to be pretty safe on floor1. Double Bastet should aim for five combos but it can survive with four or six. Or you can go with a 9 turns skill-boosted team (obviously a whale team) and just destroy floor 1 without giving a single gently caress.

BTW, I still spend like 15 minutes per clear because I spend way to much time crafting a perfect combo in floor 3.

See, this is making me think super Zeus would be worth it to whale now and save stones later.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Eej posted:

Just need 1 more Tamadra before Shiva's ult hits, and I guess another for Loki's -1 turn and 4 for Persephone. :woop:

Then 3 more when the 4th awoken for rem monsters come. You will never be satisfied.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Adar posted:

Like I've been saying:

Zeus
One bind immune monster <- this is critical
Two delays
Wildcard
Zeus

will zero stone this 90%+ of the time. Other teams will also work as long as you've got some form of bind immunity (and the exact colors of the monster matter - fire > water > wood > light > dark, unless it's Anubis, who gives extra time for matches.) Bind immunity takes it from constantly struggling to trivial.

OK, I need help with this, I am running Zeus, Ra, Gravity, Gravity, Delay, Zeus. If I can get lucky on round one, the only way I die is on round 3, if I have Ra'd round 2. If I cant burn the Dubs down in time, it costs one stone to beat. Also if I get to last round, delay, gravity and one big combo kills the devilit, and I normally burn down the angelit in time.

How is 2 less gravitates and a bind immune better? I do not have a VO, but I do have a baby Naga I could throw on the team, and I have enough Tamdras to get my Annibus or Odin to bind immune.

SHOW ME THE WAY ADAR!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

OBi posted:

Because you can get one delay for devilit/angelit each with the way angelit wastes a turn getting angry, while having that delay available earlier in the dungeon to save your rear end. I've never needed more gravities than two Zeus will give you. If I delay FL 2 and FL 3 after stalling well on FL 1, but cascades kill the tamadra before my FL 3 delay is back up, I've still got my first delay for FL 4 and odds are good that by the time devilit dies my FL 3 delay will be back up.

It just seems to give some reliable breathing room that will sometimes let you survive a slightly botched floor while trivializing the final floor still.

That makes sense. I may run it once today just for shits and giggles to try this. If I am reading the bind strategy correctly, then I want to awaken Odin vs. Annibus b/c green gets bound before dark? What do you bring in your last spot? Just highest monster? Highest dual element?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Yudo posted:

Is is worth sinking my three Tamadra into L Meta just to farm twinlets? Otherwise its R Sonia or Haku, but I don't think I have the row enhances for R Sonia.

Only advice I have is that bind resist is worth irs weight in stones. I threw 3 awakenings on my Godin and it made a world of difference on Twinlits.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I need some advice on trying to pick up a Heavy Metal Dragon. I have been researching on the Wiki and PADX, but I do not have all the pieces of the high end Max awokened: GOdin, Bodin, Tengu, Golem, Lilith, Godin, so I can't run the kill everything in the first 2 floors, stall, repeat.

I do have a Luci, tons of Gravities, a normal Tengu, Lilith and Drawn Joker. The 2 things I am curious about is, does the DJ have to be max skilled. Mine is not. But I could bring a Siren instead?

Also, how hard are the first few rounds? I don't mind stoning for stamina refresh, but I do not want to stone and get a loving king dragon out of it.

Any experience would be good.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Adar posted:

The first round is the hardest. Because you already have Tengu on the team it will be very difficult to get away with a siren as well, as that will tank your RCV.

You have two approaches:

1: bring Lilith, tengu, DJ and a grav and hope you can stall on all the floors long enough to poison.

2: if you have Dark Ceres or something similar, sub her for Lilith. This means you have to stall 35 turns (but with more HP/RCV than with Lilith) until Lucifer comes up, MS a couple of dragons away while plinking on the last one and waiting on skills, then MS two of the next floor's dragons as soon as you get there to cut damage to trivial levels. This is slower, but foolproof as long as you get past floor 1. I had a nearly maxed team and floor 1 still cost me two stones, but both could've been avoided with better matching.

If you don't value your time at all you can also sub Ceres for the gravity instead, which means you can get to the boss relatively safely and then spend 500 turns nuking him down (don't do this).

-repeat between zero and a lot of times depending on how certain of your luck you are-

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a ceres, so the normal build will have to work with stalling up the poisons every round.

How many stones did it cost you to get the boss?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Adar posted:

One, he dropped on the first try and refunded me a stone. If you're good at the puzzle part of this game you should stall as long as you can even after her active is up - as soon as Lucifer comes up you're safe for the rest of the dungeon so this might save you between floors 2 and 4. Only kill the floor off when you have a horrible board.

BTW there's another "safe" option (Goemon), though you need exactly three dragons on Floor 1 to spawn on a 1 timer which I believe is around 40%.

Yeah, I suck at Goemon, so that is probably out of the question.

I think at 99 stamina, I am going to have to take a trip down Puzzcombo lane to keep my stalls going as long as possible, so you would hope that if I dont get crazy heart starved, I can have skills up by round 2. What is your play going into the last round? Kill 4 with poison, and MS the side guys? Or MS room 4, and poison side guys?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

madmac posted:

Flame Chaser really is the best Tengu team by a mile. 5 runs, no deaths, 4 Tengu and 4 Nene. For a dungeon I ran today on a lark I'm pretty happy.

I finally have all the pieces for a baby bats team that I am loving. Of course I have 5 clears with 1 Tengu. I need the 2 more for awakenings. Come play with me bat friends!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Had a long day at work, came home to 90 stamina and 15000 away from level up. Ran pirate dragon dungeon on master with a silly Luci, Hera, Hera-is, Zeus, Hades, Luci team. Got the drop. Then cleared legend, level up, clear expert, GOT THE DROP! Then finished intermediate, and got a rain keeper.

The Pad gods were kind today. 1 stone, 1 of the two rain keepeers to awaken my Satan, And I have 3 Pirate Dragons to awaken and never get used!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

gently caress you pad. Went into trifruits with horus. 2 yellow and 1 dark orbs. One shot die. Bullshit.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I picked up a Balisik snd Yomi. No Godfest rolls but Yomi! I can run trifruits next time with the three free awakenings!

Is dark ult the way cool kids go?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I asked and it got lost in godfest excitement. Do people take Yomi dark or light with ultimate?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Light has literally six hundred more atk but loses out on like 400 HP and 250 RCV or something. Since I use Yomi for an Egypt sub, and never when I need to stall, it was a no-brainer to do Light, despite the mats being more difficult.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. The only reason I asked is that my combo dudes are L/D Ra (hard but everything dies) and F/L Horus. I was debating D/D just to get the nice recovery boost to make up for the nerfed recovery on Horus. I don't mind the mats either way. This is a harder decision then I have had so far when ultimate.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

dwarf74 posted:

DD Yomi is a better sub, DL Yomi is a better leader.

drat you. I had just decided that I was going DL with mine, but don't know who runs a 3x light leader. Should I be going dark?

Snowmankilla fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Feb 19, 2014

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So should I be farming a new Highland and Bezerker tomorrow?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

trucutru posted:

Do you have the 2 million experience that each one requires to evolve them?

Ha. Fair enough.

Also I have 4 satans but no cerberuses.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Soo... group D super sapphires? Did I miss something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

I for the life of me cannot figure out tri fruits. Running super Horus leaders, Yomi, Hera-is, Hades, and Odin. First floor is fine, then either 2nd or 3rd I get binded with one of my leaders. Then I can never do enough damage to either finish floor 2 , or to kill of the plant and fruit on floor three.

The one time I did I got a loving cascade on the Tamdra and killed him off. He dropped, but I couldn't do enough damage to finish them with no skills. I am 2 stones deep on stamina refills and have nothing to show. I would have been better of on metals.

• Locked thread