Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
If I need a green sub to replace this Dub-emelit I've been using since I started playing should I just go for an Ogre/Goblin or is there some other, farmable green monster, I should go looking for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How many stones would 1.5b buy.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This mystic wood knight dungeon confounds me. How much stamina am I looking at spending before I hit the jackpot? I really need that dude to replace the dub-elemit I've been using since rank 1. :gonk:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I swear to god it feels like everything I evolve now has me smashing into the cost ceiling. How far would a team like this take me, sufficiently levelled up? http://www.padherder.com/user/Pierson/teams/#20073 Leilan backed up by orbchangers for her colours and D/L Batman for the delay.

I have enough pendras to shove some levels into them and thinking of using some challengemode stones to run the village some more in four hours, getting kind of sick of hanging around in tier five grinding out rank.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

DaveWoo posted:

That team's a good, solid team, but I wouldn't say it's the best team you could put together.

If I had your Monster Box, I'd probably go with something like Horus/Viper Orochi/Kushi/Izanagi/DL Batman. Chaining together Batman + Kushi + Orochi gives you 8 turns of delay/damage reduction, and Izanagi's active doubles the damage of most of your team, turning that 16x damage boost into a 32x one. Also, I'd work on leveling U&Y, who can be swapped in as a leader whenever you want to upgrade from 16x to 25x damage. (50x with Izanagi.)

Also, just thought I'd mention that the upcoming Blue and Green Pirate Dragon dungeons are going to contain skill-up mons for U&Y and Kushi, respectively.
That's good advice I'll keep it in mind but yeah at 110 cost I'm not seeing that team anytime soon. I guess I can level all those dudes between now and then though. :v:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
This may be kind of a weird question but is it normal to get so many Pengdra Villages like this? I was led to understand they were pretty rare and came out once after a godfest day but we seem to have gotten two already this week. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What's a good source of gold outside of the weekend dungeon? I've got zero cash and a toooon of powering-up to do, and I don't want to sell a king or anything like that. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aight thanks I'll give that a shot. Sitting on a dozen various kings and enough mats to make twenty or so pendgras and my pockets only contain moths. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Slyph
Dryad
Mystic Stone Knight
Mystic Dark Knight
Verche
Highlander
Ra

Man I guess I need to start practising to use that Ra.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I know someone way back when ran the numbers on the % of whether a board is capable or not of activating [x] skill, and for Isis it was something like 99%. Does anyone remember that the percentage was for Horus and Ra?

I have all three so at least I can practice on Isis and Horus before getting good enough to use Ra I guess!

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does Minerva have any use at all? I got her for my starting roll and ever since she's just kinda sat there in my box looking forlorn.

Also goddamn are we really getting the EVA collab next month or is that a JP-only thing?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is it worth slapping down a few stones on the Pink REM when it comes around? They look pretty good as heartmakers, or using them and then a heartbreaker to get more orbs for a monocolour team.

Also goddamn you for running Pengdra Villlage and SSP on the same day. :(

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Why does the PADX schedule have pictures of the starters next to it? Is there a way of getting extra starters besides your R20 gift?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is tsukiyomi worth shoving three tamas into or is there a better monster out there that does the same job but better? I'd like the orb time but I'm still at the point where every one of the little guys is precious and I'm hesitant to them on anything.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
edit; nevermind, found the answer.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Dark Golem MK 2
Dino Rider

It is like the universe is commanding me to run a Leilan team.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So what can I do with ninjas and moltdras? Is it safe to feed them? They are taking up space for me at this point but not sure if they come in useful later.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Mythlits are found in the Ocean of Heaven and the Friday dungeon right? I have 20 Red Pengdra just waiting for a single so I can finally level Echidna. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Mar 13, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What order do you start challenging stuff like Descendeds in? I've got a pretty good team/box at this point which is still letting me blast through normals/technicals and I think the only thing stopping me now is stuff like getting some odds and ends like Siren or the evo mats for my echidna. I have a resolve team for Wed/Fri and a similar setup for Keepers, so getting materials isn't really a problem. What's my next step?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Furious Lobster posted:

Quickly looking at your monsters, I believe that you can do Hera fairly easily this time around.
With my rainbow team and Horus/friend Horus (2.5mil HP definitely looks doable with some luck), or will I need to make something specific? I think I have a decent monodark in there but not really the team cost. As for heartbreakers I have Vamp and Cu Chu, is there another to grab?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So besides them just being cool-looking is general there anything in the Eva REM really worth going for in the same way the Batman ones were? Asuka would look cool if I didn't already own a Yomi but I do, and the way I understand it Shinji+Kaworu and Misato are the rarer chance to appear at like a 5% chance and shouldn't be counted on to do so, right?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

The silver Eva eggs are variably useful for low-cost dungeons and the gold eggs that have a 5% chance of dropping each are the only ones worth getting pretty much.
5%'s pretty bad, ah well. I don't remember what the low-cost dungeons do/are for though.

Eej posted:

Asuka and Yomi serve two different purposes.
I worded that badly. I have no Attacker team worth poo poo I could use her in. Although I guess making one probably wouldn't be too hard?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
On a whim.

:stare:

Sure makes up for losing 100 stamina today due to boneheaded fat-fingering on the EVA dungeon.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So I'm trying to decide whether or not to drop thirty bucks on the EVA REM machine. What sort of teams are these monsters used in? Misato looks sweet as hell for Leilan but I don't even know if a Leilan team is worth making when I already have Horus and Isis, and Unit13 I hear is kind of a budget D.Meta for poor suckers like me but I don't know if D.Meta teams require further whaling or are farmable.

I'm an Eva fan so it would be nice to have something cool from the thing but not if they're either useless or so specific they need a team made of other REMmonsters.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm on the fence about rolling for Misato now that there's gonna be a F/G Leilan and the two of them together can activate her, and her active rules too. On the other hand though I already have every other EvaREM monster so the odds are low. What do you think guys?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Sorry for the report but this got lost at the back of the last page and there's only a single day left:

Pierson posted:

Should I try and roll a Misato even though I already have all the other Eva REM monsters and so bad odds?

Same question with regards to getting a second Asuka for low-cost dungeons.

Also goddamn, that event. Maybe I'll finally get my hands on a Kirin/Sonia. Although my odds are actually worse than a regular godfest since there's three sets in it instead of two. Man I like this game way more than I should. :(

Pierson fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Mar 29, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So for Eva-REM dudes where there isn't realistically going to be a skill-up for them for a geological epoch is there any reason not to just fuse them all together and hope for skillups?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'll never see them so I'm really just curious but what's the deal with Fagan and Dragon Lord Zaerog? Are they just sticks you can wave around to say you got that far? What rank would you even need to field a team with so much cost?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm really looking forward to tomorrow since it'll be the first time I have a genuine shot at my first descended (Two Heroes doesn't count(.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is PAD down right now? Upgraded to 6.4.4 via an APK and am now getting an endless failure to connect.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
yeah I already have U&Y and Izanami so at this point I'm saving all my stones for DBZ because I'm secretly twelve and it's 1995

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What are the new masks for? Just the golem busties and skilling up Orochi for now right?

VVV Oh poo poo I have some riders. Guess it's time for BEAST POWERS.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Archangel
Melon Dragon
Neptune
Ultimate'd Thanatos
Amaterasu
I C E G O L E M F U C K Y O U

Neptune I wanted so hellyeah. Thanatos and Amaterasu I have zero idea what to do with. These were rolls with event stones and etc though so I'll take my Neptune and smile.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Rolled once with free stones and got my first Ronia. Not sure what to do with her but google seems to be telling me to get some King Baddies and roll out with a Vamp and Hades for some good times, that sound about right?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
How useful is the 'These are parties that other players recommend for this monster'-section of PADX? Is it actually useful as a thing or is it a bunch of crap? Because according to that what I can to do is focus on leveling this Ronia and her team, use her to finally get my Zeus, then use said Zeus to start on a whole bunch of other Descendeds. Is that about right?

edit; Thinking about using Yomi in my Ronia team because I'm awful at matching and I want those sweet fuckin' rows, man.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 16, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Thanks man, appreciate it. Good job Pengdra is today because it looks like I'm gonna need a shitload of dark exp.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Goddamn I'm lucky this week. First a Ronia and now I just pulled a Devilit out of the PAL machine, which takes care of the 'how the gently caress am I gonna get my D/D Byakko' problem.

Edit: OR I could save it and wait for whatever dungeon Cerberus drops in to come around again and use it to get his ultimate. His active seems better for a Ronia team.

Pierson fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 17, 2014

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Godfest, free stones, PAL rolls and patience, I assume.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I have a weird problem that is actually the opposite of a problem: I have way too much light exp hogging my box. Ten Gold Kings, about as many High Golds, 43 Gold Dragons who need Pendrgas+Plants, a bunch of Topaz Pendgra and a Snow Globe Noel. The thing is I feel any monster I give them to would just 'waste' them. Here are my current light monsters;

Evolved Izanagi
Evolved Ra
Dino Rider
Amaterasu
Bane
Verche

...and with the exception of Izanagi I have teams for none of them. Should I just use some of this stuff to max my Izanagi for my Horus/Isis rainbow farming team or is there a non-REM gold monster out there I should save these for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Noaloha posted:

A fully awoken Ammy can be handy trump card-type monster to have up your sleeve I figure.
I guess so, and it would let me have Odin friends, rather than being the dude with an Odin looking for Ammy friends. :v:

I'm one of those RPG assholes who always thinks "I can't use this NOW, what if I need it LATER!?" and that's compounded by light dragons being what, four or five times less frequent than the others?

Also while I'm at it Ronia question; do you take two King Baddies so you can do the Ronia active > 3x attack two moves in a row with a Ronia friend, or is there some way to use both King Baddie actives on the same turn?

• Locked thread