Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
"Put something in otherwise you get stupid newbie"
So, dumb question perhaps, but my non-IAP account has basically poo poo for REM Leads. Basically just DD Batman and Leilan. Should I roll the Kitty REM with my current 17 stones plus whatever I get from Challenge Mode in the next 2 weeks, or save it for the next decent godfest? Basically feel like I have a solid 4/2/2 lead with the DD Batman and an OK 3.5x chinese lead with Leilan-Suzaku but I'm not sure if Purin/Valkitty will help me round out my lower-multiplier leads better and/or whether any of the HK REM dudes are super awesome subs for Leilan (none seem terribly worthwhile for DD Batman). Part of me says to save my rolls for a godfest where I can get something more end-game capable like Kirin/U+Y/Ra?

Link to box is here in case it helps: http://www.padherder.com/user/Zierham3/monsters/

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Arcturas posted:

Leilan is a great Chinese lead. And I'd definitely save your rolls for the godfest. (disclaimer, I don't know much of anything about the Kitty REM, but it doesn't seem all that special to me)

Is she? Everyone seems to drool over Byakko-Haku while Leilan seems underwhelming? Sure, you get Red which makes for easy delay, but you don't get dark which is easy XP and tons of gravity, and light is harder for XP, and green seems generally underwhelming in terms of the chinese colors (most folks seem to use a Susano or get it from a sub-color). Sure I can build a mono-red team with a splash from Valk or go heavier light with Zeus when gravity is needed, but it still feels like it's a bit forced compared to Byakko's natural synergy (Gravity galore from dark, echidna for easy red, and lots of dark brings blue off-color such as DJ, Vamp, etc)... combine that with dark being unresistable while Fire stalls against water, and Light being a (in my experience) more common color for descends than green such that a dark byakko team is both easy to build and routinely more powerful.

Am I missing something?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Oh very true -- just meant given the uncertainty of the KittyREM versus the regular REM which would likely yield the highest chance at beneficial results (either a better lead than I have or a complementary sub)... Opaopa seems to make good sense - the green/balance kitty isn't really terribly effective for a Leilan team (I guess you could make a green-heavy Leilan team but it's gonna be forced) leaving me with a high chance of crap and a low chance at a marginal upgrade (3.5 unconditional is great even with the RCV penalty, but activating Leilan isn't exactly difficult for the same 3.5x, and the 4x lead does seem to require some pretty specific subs to get full-time use (many of which I don't have -- Daruma and Gunma skilled up, for instance).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah, what Seris and Shifood said, (PKH R/R too). I've actually got most of the basic farmables for the Suzaku team - even have a number of them skilled from Poring Tower (though not maxed, sadly, boo) just noting that while Gigas is an easy-to-get-and-skill heartbreaker the rest of a Suzaku team is generally inferior to the Byakko alternatives. Not at all saying Suzaku isn't viable or requires DD Meta levels of REM subs, just that Byakko gets all the benefits of a Suzaku team (Vamp and CDK as easy orb changers) while also having some other strengths Suzako doesnt have (dark is easy to XP, ready access to gravity, only toy dragon with a survey dungeon so far that also has a sub-type for the non-echidna color Byakko requires, no resistance to dark, etc).

Not lamenting Leilan at all -- my non-IAP account was from before I knew about rerolls, and my starter roll was a MFK and subsequent early rolls were also terribad. If anything I'm grateful DD Bat was common from the BatREM and is a great monolead and that I managed to snag a 3.5 Chinese at all with free stones.

Just read your first response, Arc, as saying that Leilan had advantages over the other 3.5 chinese gods and was thinking there was something I was missing. Turns out I just misread what you were saying (that Leilan is perfectly serviceable, not that she's better than or even necessarily totally on-par with Byakko).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Quoting this because I'm also curious too. Was it mentioned sometime earlier that fruit dragons were dumb to save skill-up mons for because there's no Godfest on right now? I'm waffling on waiting for fruit dragons or continuing to work on what few heartmakers I have.

They heart-make for the same color as their primary color's toydragon but the Red and Dark ones also have different sub colors compared to the (R/D and D/L, respectively). They also start at a higher CD and cap at a higher CD (13/8 versus 11/5) while you "gain" some minimal healing... The D/L one is interesting for an AA Lucifer team as it lets you use your second lucifer nuke on the same turn as the first and still gives you the benefit of hearts to heal back up if the dude is still alive. Of course, AA Lucifer teams cap out in the early-mid descends so it's not really necessary to pick one of those up (let alone skill it up) just as a sub for that circumstance... in dungeons where you can't survive one hit with a 1/4/4 team, you can just bring a delay or some other (non-dark) healer if you need to pop the second luci nuke. I brought a lvl 14 Alraune when I did Valkyrie for instance, just so I wouldnt have to facetank a Valk Blade, and I could have survived it anyway given enough heart matches.

If you're bringing a fruit dragon, though, it's probably for the awakenings, rather than intending to use the active as a necessary survival skill. Sure, in those cases it'll be nice if your fruitdude is skilled up too, but its not like Siren or DJ where you're bringing it because you will NEED HEALING AS FAST AS POSSIBLE, if that makes sense.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
If they made Hanzo a farmable skillable sub, I'd actually consider whaling a bit (more) to get a Dark Meta... But yeah, right, god knows they wouldnt do this while there was still even one person out there willing to roll the REM for a Hanzo.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Butt Discussin posted:

Unlike Drawn Joker, it's totally bind immune when fully awakened... so it might potentially be useful for that someday. I'm buying extra boxes to keep some extras to get it max awakened when I can spare the dark XP.

This is a good point... anyone know off hand if any of the other Dark Resist leaders have full bind immunity?

Edit: Quick check on wiki says there arent... I guess it makes him an attractive option for dark exclusive descends that also throw binds.

Zierham fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 28, 2014

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Presently all auto-heal awakenings heal the same (not leader skills, of course). That could always change, but as it stands now awakenings are universal (i.e. there is no "better" row enhance awakening -- everything that has it has the same grade, though some may have more of those awakenings allowing you to stack the effect higher).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
If you have around 14-15k HP total, you can actually take a GrOdin-reduced hit from Hera then a full hit and still survive... Mix that with a (hopefully somewhat skilled) echidna and heartmaker and you can even get away with missing heals pretty frequently as long as you rotate cooldowns efficiently. Obviously GrOdin + enough heal to be invincible is "safer" but I frankly wouldnt waste Tamadra awakening the likes of Lilith/Siren just to make it happen. If you're seriously hard up for it, awaken some evolved Carbuncles off of themselves. You probably wont use Lilith in any descends where you give a poo poo about her autoheal (thus she'd be a wasted Tamadra) and you MIGHT get some mileage out of an auto-heal awakening on a Siren but you're still blowing Tamadra that are gonna benefit you more elsewhere.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

uXs posted:

I agree. I'm incredibly close to quitting. JP gets like a billion free tama's and we get nothing. gently caress that, they can go gently caress themselves.

Since I do not speak Japanese and have no interest in dealing with having to reference sites or "learn" keywords so I can play the JP version, I just imagine it is a closed test server -- I get previews of stuff that will (may) eventually come to the "Real" game, but just like test servers on MMOs often have inflated XP gain or free gear to let you test the stuff they actually want tested, the fact that they get stuff we don't is just fine with me.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah, it's less XP per stamina than Lava Tubes but dear god is it nice to just run it once in a couple minutes then go do something else for a while rather than having to run 4 more loving runs of Tubes.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Apple Drawn may be "useful" if you don't have a Drawn Joker (since DJ has a useful active while Apple Drawn does not). Otherwise, the only thing it has going for it is that it's bind immune (unique for dark resist leads, but ultimately not that exciting).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah, I looked at your box to try to figure out how (if) it might be doable but even the gimmicky teams that I could recommend still likely wouldnt work just due to levels on your stuff... Basically look at the dungeon info on the wiki; you can either try to "survive" (IE have enough HP or resists to tank hits as long as is needed to clear a given bad guy) or else "sweep" (IE kill the stuff that hits hard enough to kill you before it does so. Your biggest troubles are going to be the three vampires (synced can deal 25k at once every 3 turns so you'd need to heal 8k every turn and be able to survive a 25k hit or else whittle them down quickly so you dont get ganked. You could also go dark resist and bring that down to 12k which is certainly more manageable but you'll still need to be able to keep your healing up or else kill them fast enough... They also have just over 600k hp so if you're intending to sweep make sure you can do a hefty sum of damage to them in the 2-3 turns you'll get before they begin attacking. Next challenge is Berserk/Highlander themselves and you'll be coming right out of Vampires into them. So if you relied on using actives to clear Vamps you may not have them up here (unless you stalled on the last vampire which is totally doable). Berserk hits hard (14k) but only every 3 turns, while Highlander hits every turn for a meager 6kish. Highlander also has a hefty defense but a lower life pool meaning if you can break his defense you may be able to sweep him (red teams can sweep him pretty handily with even a weak 4x multiplier). You can also defense break him and try to burn him while it's active or else use poison and just survive him. Berserk has a much higher HP pool but nearly no defense, so you can try to focus him if you want. Ideally you want to drop one or the other before they both get a synced hit (either turn 3-4ish without a delay or turn 7-8ish with a delay) or else you're going to need about 20k HP as well as the throughput to heal through 10k dmg per turn (which is hard if you're just starting to hit descends).

Basically I dont see how your box can surmount that. You have a Karin team as your apparent focus but you don't have the levels (or subs) to make sweeping with her seem viable. You also have a DJ which you could use s a resist lead (covers resists to both Berserk and Vamps) but again I can't figure out the subs or friend-leader that is going to make it work just due to lack of levels. I guess your "best" bet would be to pair a DJ with a beefy luci friend (this gives you 50% resist to the vampires bringing them to 12k per 3 rounds and the HP/recov boost from Luci to survive that) as well as a Luci nuke to burn Highlander (he'll survive the luci nuke with almost 100k hp left and I am frankly not sure how you're going to get through that before him + berserk eat you together, but I guess a fire based nuke active...? Not seeing something even remotely sufficient in your box to be honest. Beyond that (and I think it'll still fail) you just dont seem to have the leads that are going to get your subs through it.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
So did Goemon a few times this morning with Luci/Luci. First two attempts, I got destroyed on the first round (one because I just didnt do enough dmg and got kinda screwed on dark orbs, the other because I was stupid and entered mythical). Third attempt I managed to get 2 of the ninjas down on the first floor but got heart starved. Figured that was a good time to use a stone since the first floor had been rather difficult (my logic being even if I stoned for stamina I may still fail first floor if I botch comboing or just dont get enough dark orbs). All is going well and I get to Goemon but I manage to get heart starved again (DJ is at 9 turn CD). Stone again to finish him up and of course I get a chest. Ugh.

Obviously my own fault, but anyone got tips for a Luci clear of Goemon that is really only struggling on the first floor? I was thinking about maybe using a Loki or DD Bat lead with Luci friend and bringing Nebradisk for the switchable 75% resist on Goemon? I'd have to be topping off every single round against Goemon though, which dual luci's doesnt require and it'll also make healing up after Morning Star a fair bit harder since I have to top off completely and at half rcv.

Any advice is appreciated!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

If you guys can't clear Goemon legend with Luci teams you need more exp levels, more skill levels on your DJ, and more matching skill to clear for dark orbs and hearts. I'm not great at matching, but I can usually put up 4 matches per turn, and sometimes that's barely enough. For the trash floors you need to save dark orbs and make multiple dark combos to get past low ninja defense. Two dark matches should be enough to kill one low ninja, and the other ninjas only have 10 hp, so you can take them out with normal matches in two turns (or use mass attacks).

Anyways, managed to drunk-fingerfuck my first run last night and didn't get past the first floor; came back this morning, cleared it easily, and finally got the drat drop.

It's not so much an issue of levels as what orbs I get on the first floor - I've actually 0 stoned Valk twice with the same Luci team weeks ago when everything was slightly less leveled. Mainly I was asking if running an attack multiplier leader to make getting through the 1st floor a certainty (since it's all about having enough dark orbs to pierce their 3k+ defense) was going to be viable for Goemon himself.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

idiotsavant posted:

More levels is more HP and RCV is more time to get the dark orbs you need to start dropping ninjas. It really does help.

Right I'm not saying it wouldnt give me a better chance of lasting until things got better, but that team is average level around 60... sure, not maxed by a long shot, but 55k hp (after multipliers) and over 2500 rcv (before multipliers) ought to be enough. Was just wondering if some of the wiki sample teams using a 2/2/4 setup might be more stable. C'est la vie, I got him last run (still spent 1 stone getting past 1st floor but I figure 3 stones total for Goemon isn't exactly the end of the world.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah, I'm keeping my Purin unevolved until I am officially done with Tengu and Draggie forever AND there aren't even rumors of there being cost conditionals in the works (the rarity conditional is supposedly 4 Star or less, so sadly he won't fit there).

Of course, I say this in part because I have an Izanagi which serves a similar role for many variations of light teams (Verche is god type, and even though Valk isn't, Izanagi also boosts the off-colors your Gods bring which probably makes up some or all of the difference since Purin is solely light) so his value to me as a sub is a bit diminished.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I feel like I've leveled up, I can reliably clear T5 dungeons without dying unless I get extremely unlucky. This is incredibly satisfying.

That feeling is marvelous isn't it? My green team sucked against Lava Tubes proper so I actually leveled my dark team for that (and because my other account had a dark team meaning I could refresh friend-leaders for myself) and had a similar feeling of accomplishment.

Savor it. It'll soon be replaced by a growing sense of boredom until you finally end up just doing the highest tier of Hello Kitty dungeon runs just because it compresses 5 soul crushing runs into one even though the RankXP/Stamina returns are solidly inferior (like 460 instead of 550)...

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
I think this has been answered previously in the previous thread but I can't readily find it...

What is the ranking of stamina-per-Mask for Mystic Masks from Wednesday Dungeon during Event, OOH (Sea God of Heaven) during the weekend, and OOH outside of weekends? Ignoring, for a moment, the rank XP and feeder trash from OOH versus the other masks from Wednesday dungeon.

P&D Forum Spreadsheet indicates about a 12% drop rate for masks in OOH during weekends with a resultant 125 stamina per mask. Outside of weekends this would be about 8% for about 190 stamina per mask. If we assume 80% drop rate on last state of Wednesday equally split among all 3 masks, it'd be about a 27% drop chance for about 93 stamina per mask. If the final wave drop chance is 100% during events, it's even less and you also of course have the chance to get an invade.

Is the math (and data) above basically correct such that Wednesdays during Events is the most efficient place to get mystic masks (again, ignoring rank xp, feeder trash, and other masks) , or have I overlooked or miscalculated something?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

BGrifter posted:

What you're missing is long term the need for rank XP and +eggs will massively outstrip your need for Mystic Masks. +eggs is the real grind in this game, getting everything max evolved is just the start. By doing Wednesday over OoH you're losing out on a tremendous amount of rank XP and chances at +eggs to get the evolution materials you want slightly faster.

Yeah, I totally get that, I'm just at a point where I have several heartbreakers maxed at their lvl 70 evolution that I'd like to evolve and then busty (both for leads and subs) and I'm tired of sitting on some kings/supers I've earmarked for them once I evolve them.

Not a long-term strategy for Mystic Masks just a (perceived) "emergency need" situation.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Zeus leader skill.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Well, gently caress. This is what I get for chiming in when I've not actually stepped foot in that dungeon yet.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

DaveWoo posted:

Nothing official, but according to the PAD Forums, the top 3 voted mons are reportedly Kirin, Athena, and Satan.

Interesting... Kirin makes sense (very popular end-game leader) and Satan I guess to some degree (farmable lead with a 3.5 multiplier plus it's frickin' Satan) but I dont know that I understand Athena.

Is she more popular in Japan than she appears to be here at SA?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Fair enough I guess about Athena. I'm curious to see what they do with Kirin. Horus/Ra indicate they don't have much of a problem in taking a powerful leader skill and just going ahead and making it more powerful but it'd suck if she just got some stat boosts and a subtype (given subtyping wouldn't really expand her viability much if at all).

Edit: Edit for necessary caveat that she doesn't NEED help with viability, but then again neither did Ra or Horus terribly much and yet there they are.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Ugh, deciding if I should roll this godfest. I only have Horus from the Egyptians, but he's the crowd favorite, and while I legitimately loving WANT a Bastet I already have Kushinada so it's less for the combo god goodness (Bastet's is better, of course, but similar) and more for the move time awakening and situational active. I've got Loki and Freyr from the Norse pantheon but with the awakening boosts they're getting I'd be happy getting Freyja/I&I/Thor for potential sub fun. For the godfest only stuff I have Blodin and Grodin but would love any of the metas/sonias/rodin and even could use an extra blodin because why the gently caress not.

Going to start with roll-til-not-gold but it's gonna be hard not to throw in some extra stones (and then maybe some more money). Goddamnit Gungho GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
PSA: Everyone remember the Kings in King Carnival apparently hit harder and have more life than your average king (1621 and 106, respectively). According to PadX the Supers are also not multihits but that's pretty much meaningless when every floor has multiple mobs with a 1 round attack.

Suprfli6 posted:

I think I'd need >12000 HP so I can survive a double Super first floor

The PadX notes on King Carnival says max of 1 super per wave? Obviously cant confirm that myself.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Yeah, but apparently the Super Metal (which hits for 10k) can only appear on the final wave. The potential 1st round Supers only hit for 6k. This does mean, though, that depending on what order they attack you could still be taking 6325 damage per round. Obviously a max level, busty, high rcv +egg Ama can heal through that but at that point you may as well just roll with a high multiplier rainbow team like Satan (and find high attack devils for each color) or Purin (if you've got him) or the like...

Edit: Mphill's advice about a 4/2/2 with top droid is probably also fine but make sure you are able to stay healed through 7600 damage per round while waiting for your skills to come up if you get a first round super. The king has 106 hp so you can plink him down but it's not going to be as super fast as a "normal" king in regular Supers.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

two_step posted:

I've been doing supers (and sometimes wed/fri) with SoD Luci/Ra/Bane/Bane/Bane/SoD Luci. A first found super invade requires some matching effort, but I still have a few more Banes to evo and hopefully skill up Ra more. I'm thinking the same team should work OK for the new king/super dungeon.

Oh dear god. You're using Luci multipliers that are only multiplying themselves and MAYBE Ra if you've got him L/D bustied... On regular Supers, you can only get one invade (at least according to someone here, and I've certainly never seen 2 invades) so you only need to be able to quickly kill 1 potential invade as well as the final super. Having poison or other actives is helpful to speed up the middling rounds but you can safely plink them to death with literally any team you're using once you're at 50 stamina. Drop down to just 1 bane and the Ra and fill the other Bane slots with RKs or DubMyths or pretty much anything dark and you'll not need matching effort for a first round invade... Alternatively, you can use liliths for the quick poison clear of trash rounds while still getting the benefit of dark mons for luci multipliers.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Err, didn't they say that the Godfest-Only Gods would be at their normal appearance rate if they were included in the Player's Choice? Did PADForum numbers suggest she got mutiplied anyway?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Not that I know of. Did I say that putting her in there actually DID anything?

Err kind of?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You are correct. That's how DMeta snuck into the Player's Choice fest, since it tripled her appearance rate.
(Emphasis added)

I may have misread what you were trying to say, but I was less trying to "call you out" and more genuinely curious if Gungho had been mistaken when they said it wouldn't have any effect on her rate (since it might make it possible for them to screw that up again if she's included specially in a non-standard fest).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
So I've been using my Pompompurin for my Lava Tubes farming for rank and am really loving him. I can run him with pretty much any friend leader and just stack the rest of the team consistent with friend leader requirements. I've also been thinking of his viability for descends. It feels like he's similar to Satan in terms of having a 3.5x multiplier and loving up your recovery. He has an advantage in terms of not requiring any particular type and still allowing SOME recovery (though his is lovely and if you're talking about running two of them even Ama subs are still gonna give you poo poo rcv). His active is also useful if he's leading a light heavy team. Satan wins in terms of his raw stats as well as his awakenings on a dark team but his active is only useful for the final blow on a boss or if you are building some kind of weird team that uses dark ceres. Purin, on the other hand, only has 1 light row enhance but also can become bind immune and has a skill enhance.

Anyone got any good theorycrafting (or actual use) on "end game" capable Purin teams? I'm thinking something like Purin/Valk/Verche/???/???/Purin... Wildcard slots could go to Athena (orb enhance for a burst), Venus (skill enhance and a row enhance coming as well as CTW), LL Divinegon once we get it (2x Row Enhance and a skill enhance), or even Dragon Rider (row enhance and an additional orb change).

You'd have:
1. The ability to get 2-4 Skill Enhance meaning you've got Valk and Verche up relatively quickly if you need it
2. Up to 6x light row enhance (if you go double LL divinegon for the wildcard slots)
3. CTW if you sub Venus so you can make the perfect final burst by maximizing combos once you pop verche/valk
4. 2 turns of 2x light damage
5. If you go with Dragon Rider Arthur you've even got a second orb change (sort of) to capitalize on the 2nd turn of 2x light damage.

And that's just theorycrafted based on what I have access to in my box, so I suspect there's probably other ways to capitalize that I am forgetting?

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Anyone got any recommendations on what I should awaken? I have 9 Tamadra but not really sure where to focus them... Kirin and Horus seem like they are the best candidates for "end game teams" for me, though I've also got Pompompurin and then various 9x or monocolor team options.

I'm thinking I ought to awaken the Blodin first since he'd be decent for Horus, useable on Kirin, and also viable in other teams, but I don't really have the leads needed to make an end-game viable Blue team so I feel like I'd be wasting all the row awakenings he brings.

Honestly I feel like my best bet is to try to focus my tamadra on a team that can (eventually) do twinlits and/or Dragon Fruit to enable me to get more tamadra for other stuff but I'm also not sure what I would awaken from what I have (no zeus right now, and it seems like the basic zeus team doesn't rely much on awakenings anyway).

Box is here: http://www.padherder.com/user/Zierham/monsters/#31,0,31,2047,,0,0,0;default,0

Any help is very much appreciated!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

PaulC posted:

Vampire has a survey dungeon that pops up every once in a while so you'll get one eventually. I think they also appear in pal rolls.

And the good news is you only need 1 since they skill up off of Big Baddies (which can be gotten easily from R1 on half stamina)

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Reposting because I think it may have been lost at the bottom of the previous page:

Anyone got any recommendations on what I should awaken? I have 9 Tamadra but not really sure where to focus them... Kirin and Horus seem like they are the best candidates for "end game teams" for me, though I've also got Pompompurin and then various 9x or monocolor team options.

I'm thinking I ought to awaken the Blodin first since he'd be decent for Horus, useable on Kirin, and also viable in other teams, but I don't really have the leads needed to make an end-game viable Blue team so I feel like I'd be wasting all the row awakenings he brings.

Honestly I feel like my best bet is to try to focus my tamadra on a team that can (eventually) do twinlits and/or Dragon Fruit to enable me to get more tamadra for other stuff but I'm also not sure what I would awaken from what I have (no zeus right now, and it seems like the basic zeus team doesn't rely much on awakenings anyway).

Box is here: http://www.padherder.com/user/Zierh...0,0,0;default,0

Any help is very much appreciated!

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Mill Village posted:

I would recommend you use them on your Siren. Her third Awakening Skill heals 500 per turn. That can be very helpful, especially for a defensive build for the Hera dungeon. Once you get a Lilith, she needs just one Tamadra to get that healing skill.

Please do not do this... Unless or until you are swimming in Tamadra, there are going to be many more useful and end-game relevant awakenings than those.

Edit: And I'd echo the "don't do it" to Cupid as well.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Thanks, Shark, that is very helpful (and yeah, I know, certainly not complaining to be swimming in choices).

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Rank 1 (first tier of dungeons after departure tower -- in this case, Dungeon of Darkness)

Also not an idiot question given I probably should have said "T1" to fit the "tier" nomenclature which is more common.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004
Resolve team -- check the padherder wiki/guide.

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Potsticker posted:

Thanks! A number like that is good to go off of. Right now my main team is in their 60s or 70s and maybe I'm spoiled that I can throw together a bunch of RKs, Siren/Echidna/Ghostling and Hera and drop into harder content that my main team can't handle.

I assume you're talking about your SOD Luci team -- consider him a shortcut to getting other teams up and running but there probably isn't much reason to max his team. You will probably want to eventually max Echidna, maybe Siren, and Hera (or Hera-Is more likely) but SoD Luci teams will eventually hit a brick wall in terms of content that more levels simply can't overcome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zierham
Dec 17, 2004

Potsticker posted:

Right. Echidna is in her 70s, so do I want to continue throwing xp her way for the +7 attack a level, or throw it at my Gigas or Flame Guardian? Hera can use XP, but I just got a Dark Mystic Knight (Dark Dragon Knight now) and there's a second Yomi cooling her heels in my box-- of course if I do get a Vampire drop, he's going to take priority there. Light, Blue and Green XP it doesn't matter that much since nothing on my main team uses those, so I just throw that at whatever and not feel too addled.

This is the sort of stuff I think about when trying to decide where to throw xp. Is the level/partial level worth it on already high monsters vs. not-so-high monsters that could be readily useful.

Yeah, basically for low end-stat monsters like Echidna, I am stalling them at 70ish just because the bang for the buck is fairly low. Definitely work up Gigas or what not for your alternative teams (cant remember what your non-Luci lead(s) are). Basically once your Luci team is 50-70ish (and you feel comfortable with doing, say, Goemon, Valk, Hera(-Is), then start focusing your XP on whatever you're going to use to replace Luci (IE another REM god or else your Valk/Goemon maybe). Also helps to round out a comfortable 4/2/2 team for Lava Tubes if you dont already have one to make the rank grind no more "grindy" than it has to be.

• Locked thread